Photo

Epics Epics Epics, and those pesky hanger-on titans...........

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

#21 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,804 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 May 2019 - 17:02

Wasn't the solo secure of titans made possible so that individuals not in a guild could secure a titan item?

No, the original intent was to allow those who had hits to make on Titans linked to Quests to do so even if the Guild is on cooldown. I personally think the blanket change should be removed.

~ Grim

#22 paingwin

paingwin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 17:18

Well I hate to say it, but it shouldn't be allowed. I mean the cooldown exists to ensure that none of the titans are monopolized by one group or another, but allowing individuals to secure even though the guild is on cooldown negates the necessity of the cooldown in the first place.

#23 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 02 May 2019 - 17:18

No, the original intent was to allow those who had hits to make on Titans linked to Quests to do so even if the Guild is on cooldown. I personally think the blanket change should be removed.

~ Grim

In light of the fact that only that one "quest related" Titan requires more than just the first hit, (other than the Elementals, which I don't think Cooldown applies to), personal cooldown should only apply to that one, and then it should be limited to only what is needed to complete the quest, and thereafter unavailable. 

You can make 1 initial hit on the other quest related Titans,  regardless of cooldown, which I did to both the Halloween and the Thanksgiving Titans tied to a quest prior to the introduction of this "Personal Cooldown". 

Now I personally dislike Titan hunting for my own reasons, and only hunt them for quests and DQ's that give reserves, so you may think I don't have a dog in this hunt, but my guild has some of the game's most active Titan Hunters, so we almost always have a Titan in cooldown.  So this does indirectly affect me, at least vicariously. 

As to that one Titan that needs so many hits to complete its related quest?  I guess that quest can keep "Present Darkness" company in my questbook.  I'm just too slow to compete with the rest of you for it.

Edited by BadPenny, 02 May 2019 - 17:22.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#24 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 22:11

~ Grim

Personally I like that it was changed. The prior guild cooldown was massively punishing on the bigger guilds. That means 1 person out of 100+ gets a chance at participating in a titan event per 7 days. This change gave every player a chance to earn one by themselves. Rather than 1 person gets a chance and then nothing for the rest of the guild for 7 days.

As the chance of a personal secure applies to every person I fail to see any valid reason for it's removal.

#25 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 01:26

Personally I like that it was changed. The prior guild cooldown was massively punishing on the bigger guilds. That means 1 person out of 100+ gets a chance at participating in a titan event per 7 days. This change gave every player a chance to earn one by themselves. Rather than 1 person gets a chance and then nothing for the rest of the guild for 7 days.

EXACTLY !!!

FACT: before the last titan change Seasonal Titan Events were restricting guilds from participating, once a player got on guild cooldown the WHOLE guild (up to 124 players were not able to participate anymore for the next 7 days (a week) & the Event ONLY lasted about 2 weeks, what a JOKE !!!

FACT: before the last titan change Seasonal Titan Epics were mainly monopolized by the so called "1-man-guilds" & when you looked in AH to buy them, you mainly saw "1-man-guilds" selling them !!!

FACT: before the last titan change those "1-man-guilds" were the "true" participants in Seasonal Titan Events while players in guilds were restricted once any player got them on guild cooldown !!!

FACT: after the last titan change player online activity + hunting competition increasd which is a PLUS !!!

there are so many other FACTS but the most important thing is that EVENTS in general should NOT restrict anyone & let EVERYONE who wants to participate, be able to do so !!!

This idea works for me. There is absolutely no reason to over complicate these things. Super Elites and the Epic to be upgraded. Should drain the surplus stock pile of both item types.

~ Grim

like you correctly said there is a surplus stock pile of them !!!

especially the EPIC ones so it is better to not include them and either do what I suggested with the "new" epic drop OR maybe hoof has another great idea smile.png

Deepwater Choker (Epic)

Player Backpack Total: 331     Guild Inventory Total: 71

Ogaliths Fiery Grasp (Epic)

Player Backpack Total: 337     Guild Inventory Total: 48

Skaldirs Frostbitten Steps (Epic)

Player Backpack Total: 404     Guild Inventory Total: 55

these are just a few Epics, Copy & Paste from the Ultimate Fallen Sword Guide >>> https://guide.fallensword.com

as you can see there are already over 1000+ epic items hoarded for only 3 Epics ......

once the Tier Recipes have been released they will be mass invented on the 1st days which will devalue the items very quickly which will soon make them much sooner "worthless" again, ......

well it is of course up to HCS but I implore you to not repeat mistakes, to learn from them, to OBSERVE before taking any action, that we ALL start from 0 to give every player an equal and even chance !!!

:) again, hope to see the Tier System in the near future :)

3 players on iggy (1 troll & 2 players whose posts never make any sense)

#26 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,804 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 May 2019 - 10:50

FACTS

Sorry but those "Facts" are nonsense.

like you correctly said there is a surplus stock pile of them

Like I also correctly said, there is no reason whatsoever to over complicate things.

Like I said, if and when we do this :

This idea works for me. There is absolutely no reason to over complicate these things. Super Elites and the Epic to be upgraded. Should drain the surplus stock pile of both item types.

~ Grim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: