Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 May 2004 - 23:34

Welcome to Gothador! This quick 'The Basics' guide should get you up and running with your new character quickly.

Aim of the Game

Quite simply to become the best! And of course to be part of a fun and ever growing community :)

Movement

To move your character, you click the 'Move Here' link on one of the eight grid squares that is shown around your characters square (ie. where you are). Movement costs one AP (Action Point) and when you don't have any AP left you can't move any more.

Action Points

Every action within the game requires Action Points (generally 1 per action). When you first start out your character regains 1 Action Point every 30 minutes (in real time). You can reduce this by increasing your 'speed' statistic as your character gets better.

Gaining Experience

To become better, you need to gain experience (EXP) and 'Level Up' your character. The normal way to do this is to fight creatures within the world (you must be on the same square as the creature in order to attack it). Although there are other ways to gain experience, but this is for you to find out ;)

Statistics

The following statistics can be upgraded -

ATK - Your attack power is compared with your enemies defence when working out 'to hit' chances.

DEF - Your characters defence, the higher this is, the less chance an enemy has of hitting you.

HP - The health of your character - when this reaches 0, you will be transported to the nearest hospital and also drop all your Gold Pieces where your died.

MP - Magic points - this will be useful for magical abilities once your character becomes more powerful.

AC - Your characters armour class. This reduces the damage you take when struck successfully by an enemy.

DMG - The range of damage you can inflict when stiking enemies. Certain weapons and items will increase this.

AP - Your Action Points, used to perform pretty much any action within the game.

SPEED - The time period until you gain your next AP.

Skills

Many skills can be learned within the Gothador Realm. You will need to discover these yourself, however here is a cryptic clue to your first skill - 'Sense'...
CLUE: "Everything centers on something important"

#2 gothador_neo

gothador_neo
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2004 - 01:28

In order to make that hint more effective, you need to know the field is 100x100 :lol:

#3 gothador_cktkat

gothador_cktkat
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2004 - 05:21

I don't understand much about the HP :?:

#4 gothador_birgitte

gothador_birgitte
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2004 - 09:26

You start out with 10/10 HP, that first number means how many HP you have at the time, the second is your maximum number. For example, if a creature hit you and did you 2 damage, then your HP would read as 8/10, ie you have lost 2 of your present HP but your maxiumum is still 10. When it gets to 0 you are 'killed', and wake up in the nearest hospital with 1 HP. You can get healed up to your maximum at the hospital.

#5 gothador_nadine

gothador_nadine
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2004 - 01:57

does that mean you can increase your HP???

#6 gothador_rathi

gothador_rathi
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2004 - 02:01

Yes, either through leveling up or through magical items.

#7 gothador_nadine

gothador_nadine
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2004 - 02:10

ooohhhhh
i see :shock:
so is it safe to assume that you can increase/improve any of the things with level up points and/or magical items?

#8 gothador_rathi

gothador_rathi
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2004 - 02:48

Yup, you got it.

Currently in the world there is only 4 types of items you can wear/use.

Rings, Amulets, Weapons, and Armor

You can wear two rings at once, and only one amulet.

Of course, you can only use two weapons and wear one set of armor.

There are also potions out there that will do many different things.

#9 gothador_nadine

gothador_nadine
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2004 - 03:34

now what if you already have 2 weapons, and you find another one. can you still keep it, but not "use" it? Like can you just have it in your inventory? same with the other items, can you have more than the number of items you are allowed to use, but not be using them all?

#10 gothador_rathi

gothador_rathi
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2004 - 04:31

Oh yea... I'm not sure on how many items you can carry currently, but you can only EQUIP that many items at once. I know right now I'm carrying 4 weapons.

#11 gothador_freak616

gothador_freak616
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2004 - 04:33

Of course, you can only use two weapons and wear one set of armor.

I though you could only use one weapon at a time.... or has it been changed now?

#12 gothador_nadine

gothador_nadine
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2004 - 04:43

yeah, that makes sense...-sigh-, i remember the days before my dad uninstalled my Baldur's Gate. those were good times...
thanks for the help :D

#13 gothador_rathi

gothador_rathi
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2004 - 04:56

Sorry, you'll have to forgive me on that little flubber... I'm currently under the weather with a sinus and ear infection combo...

CURRENTLY, we can only use 1 weapon...

#14 gothador_nadine

gothador_nadine
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2004 - 22:22

ummm
quick question
what is the cave of blood
me is standing right next to it, and me is curious, but i don't wanna waste a AP just to go see and then leave
so yeah
help?

#15 Trimere

Trimere

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 May 2004 - 23:06

It's a shop.
Cave of Blood 80,15 Basic Armour(250), Studded Leather(1250), Sword of Sense(1000), Sword of Speed(2500) 8)

#16 gothador_nadine

gothador_nadine
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2004 - 00:46

ohhhhhhhhhhh
thankyou!
me wants to buy something!
yay!
-wavels-
toodles!

#17 gothador_mtk1701

gothador_mtk1701
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2004 - 02:53

So how do I get back HP once I lose them from the 1st HP number? I leveled up my HP, but it increased the 2nd number (which is also cool, but I amd 6/12 instead of 6/10, and would like more than 6). :?:

#18 Trimere

Trimere

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 03:00

Go to a hospital and click Recieve Healing.

Hospital Locations:

15, 15 Bilbohall
22, 17 Mystica Warf
4, 37 BrokenBrooms
47, 59 Crafty Medax
50, 87 Fernt
60,30 St Juv
77, 7 Ravens Blood
80,79 St. Mars Hospital
83, 45 Crystal Raven
9, 74 Laehaven
97, 5 Lakeview