#1 insatiable

insatiable

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 23:44

ok, here is my thought...

A new button on the screen, just like the other "turn" buttons, this button turns the creature to stone (making it mineable) once this is done, the next new button (miner subclass only) (a pickaxe perhaps) becomes the attack button for warrior miners, allowing them to effectively "mine" the creature to death. (multi mine is the option, same as multi strike) damage for this is based upon their combined mining/smelting levels, (would need current kickass vials modified to allow for mining/smelting bonuses as well) where regular hunting is based on traditional dmg as per the norm. This way they gain the mining/smelting levels, Since the creature is now stone! The miners also gain mining/smelting levels similar to mine fighter but at the same time a they level (helps them not lose levels to mining, and mining levels to hunting, making them a legitimate levelable class)

and not this "Crap excuse" that mine fighter is... 1 level for 1300 ap spent, and for mining only? Crap i say, Crap...

for the miner mages, hoof creates a new class of magic called earth (come on this was an easy one) for all to use, but.... coupled with the same "turn" button that comes with being a miner.... they turn the creature, they use their shiny new earth class magic against the creature to kill it, effectively "mining it magically" to death... the wisdom gained should not be altered, as i think that the escalated gain of wisdom belongs to the mages, but i'd love to see a % of the mining/smelting levels added to the end of the spell dmg. Even if the wisdom was left as it is (hey, the miners knew they were getting handicapped on wisdom when they chose the path) but the casting damage needs to add a steady % to the mine/smelt levels they have as well, since they are still "mining" the creature to death, albeit with magiks...

so there you have it. No name calling, no "make believe" bugs, no insults, and a, in my opinion, very solid and long overdue (yet not overpowered) way to bring the miners into the fold as a legitimate playable character class.

opinions? please form a line behind the sweaty, pale and dirty gents/ladies with the axes awaiting a fair shake... 8)

and for the record, this was a nice post by me, hell didn't freeze over... i'm sure i'll be banned tomorrow for a return to my usual form 8)

#2 bayer143

bayer143

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 23:51

Finally a pretty damn good miner related suggestion that I would stand behind 100%!!!! Thank you Insatiable....

#3 bayer143

bayer143

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 23:54

Finally a pretty damn good miner related suggestion that I would stand behind 100%!!!! Thank you Insatiable....

Agreed! Thanks.

#4 gothador_drumster

gothador_drumster
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2007 - 23:58

All good, but for one small point:

(hey, the miners knew they were getting handicapped on wisdom when they chose the path)

Sorcery and WIS came out months after the sub classes did, so without some kind of real life pre-cognitive skill this would have been one damned tricky informed choice to make...

Hell, why are mages so good at sorcery when their name sort of implies magery? Surely a sorcerer would be better at sorcery?!

Bah!

But otherwise, a goodly summation of some rather good ideas! Bravo!

#5 insatiable

insatiable

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 00:02

All good, but for one small point:

(hey, the miners knew they were getting handicapped on wisdom when they chose the path)

Sorcery and WIS came out months after the sub classes did, so without some kind of real life pre-cognitive skill this would have been one damned tricky informed choice to make...

Hell, why are mages so good at sorcery when their name sort of implies magery? Surely a sorcerer would be better at sorcery?!

Bah!

But otherwise, a goodly summation of some rather good ideas! Bravo!

Sorcery came out after, but the wisdom was there the day we subclassed... i spent a month with cheap invasion spells and teleport upping it... i was at the wisdom cap (68-70ish) where sorcery becomes effective, when sorcery was finally initially released...

though i'm uncertain on wether the miner wisdom cap was in effect then, i merely assumed.

glad you like the rest though :)

#6 wolf21

wolf21

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 04:09

well hoof..what is your opinion, I like it

#7 gothador_tanari

gothador_tanari
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2007 - 05:09

Wow.. awesome idea!. I wanna get my little miner to pick axe everything to death! :shock:

#8 nukleardog

nukleardog

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,672 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 05:25

The idea has merit, did you have more specific thoughts on it?

#9 gothador_armybeans

gothador_armybeans
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2007 - 05:51

I love this idea. The turn to stone ability has been suggested before but I hope hoof thinks seriously about this suggestion. The earth magic also sounds interestinganother alternative is make it amagic, not sorcery spell, with the limits set with your mining/smelting level, the higher those levels, the higher your magic spell can go.

#10 gothador_tanari

gothador_tanari
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2007 - 05:53

right, and their spell damages would be calculated differently due to it being magery rather than sorcery since they level their wisdom differently right?.

Still think its an awesome idea 8)

#11 lasciel

lasciel

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 09:30

I hate you SO bad for that damn cyan font :x you ALWAYS do it to me...

...but it's a good suggestion :D I've always liked the idea of mineable critters as a way of making miners a class that is uniquely different to play - a suggestion like this draws them away from the psuedo-mages and psuedo-warriors people seem to want them to become and maintains their originality as a class; because really, mining and smelting is what miners do, so it's a logical progression that their levelling abilites be tied into that in some fashion.

#12 gothador_urlkill

gothador_urlkill
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2007 - 15:40

A new button on the screen, just like the other "turn" buttons, this button turns the creature to stone (making it mineable) once this is done, the next new button (miner subclass only) (a pickaxe perhaps) becomes the attack button for warrior miners, allowing them to effectively "mine" the creature to death.

awsome!

#13 gothador_isisxotic

gothador_isisxotic
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2007 - 22:10

I LOVE this idea. I've long thought that a miner's levelling ability should be based on their skill... ya know, mining and smelting?

I've just always been to lazy to figure out how that would work :lol:

#14 alianya

alianya

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,209 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 22:14

I think this is great idea! Here is a way to allow the miners who give so much to us a way to get back into the game. Hoofie, I hope you read this.
Posted Image

#15 gothador_mule

gothador_mule
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2007 - 02:58

:D Nice work Insat

#16 Anomander Rake

Anomander Rake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 00:59

bump

#17 gothador_uglykidjoe

gothador_uglykidjoe
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2007 - 17:34

Great idea!

:D

#18 bayer143

bayer143

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 21:58

Great idea!

it is a pretty damn good idea.. making sure it stays near the top so hopefully Hoof will finally take the time to look at it and see it.....

#19 gothador_chunkymonke

gothador_chunkymonke
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2007 - 22:00

Great idea!

it is a pretty damn good idea.. making sure it stays near the top so hopefully Hoof will finally take the time to look at it and see it.....

he will loook he will read but did you ever hear of the sayin "in through one ear out through the other" :wink:

#20 gothador_uglykidjoe

gothador_uglykidjoe
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2007 - 16:36

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: