163 replies to this topic

#41 MaximusGR

MaximusGR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 10:40

hmm, there r guys like me who acutally like Overload the way it is!

Sorry - but the majority of Players did not. They saw the original Attunement as a waste.
I thought it was good skill - especilly when used in conjunction with Crystal Thought.

Original Attunement was a great skill if one knew how to use it...Some vocal Purists without knowledge on game mechanics saw that as a waste..

So the tweak from a great conditional HK/Elite slaying skill to a very weak leveling one is a good lesson for everyone to speak his mind only after thinking through things..

My opinion is to ignore the feedback on Attunement and return it to the way it was.

Or, allow 1HP for MS against Elites

Either of those 2 alternatives will give Purists an option on Elite hunting without groups if they can get the right stats -just like other 3 classes.

#42 centurion

centurion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 13:57

description has been changed. MS seems to work on elite now :D now if you can just get the shard to stack and I think people will be happy :D

#43 ss_tscmage

ss_tscmage
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2010 - 15:18

Does it only work on the HK psi sets? I have the lvl 160 and lvl 210 sets on. I cast lvl 120 attunement and don't see any change to my stats.

#44 ss_sailor

ss_sailor
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2010 - 16:00

description has been changed. MS seems to work on elite now :D now if you can just get the shard to stack and I think people will be happy :D

I would like some clarification if the MS skill is back to taking three hits with the elites.

If HCS has given the MS back to allow 3 blocks for the elite then I think this was a good thing. The problem that I now have is that I took HCS at their word and that the tweak that took away this feature was cast in stone. Because of this and my style of play I made a switch to the Soldier class.

This playing around with the classes and switching back and forth is very confusing and causing players to use their skill and evolve resets when it never would have been necessary if we would have had good communication between HCS and the community.

I understand that HCS is considering to give the players the Evolve reset because of the tweak and I do hope that this will happen. I would also ask them to consider another skill reset to allow those Purists that switched to another class because of the non-functioning of the MS on the elites to be able to switch back to the class that they loved so much.

I also agree that Mind Shards should be stackable.

#45 ss_teekill

ss_teekill
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2010 - 18:57

Seems like MS vs Elite has returned to what it used to be. Congratz to us all purists :)

Now about the Attunement buff. Let see the previous version and current version of the buff:
+ previous version: if I remember correctly, it added 20% (at lvl 100) to overall dmg. And that is ALL we have to go against HK for now. Previously, we have MS and there is no complaints, but without MS, any cyborgs with Aug & Interface will have better stats than the best purist, and with the addition of Overload, purists are all jokes. Hence, if this buff goes back to what it was, please make it at least better than Overload, probably should be equal to Overload + Interface. Why? Because the usage of Attunement is only for HK probably, and MS have nothing to do here, hence this will put purists on equal base with soldiers, cyborgs. Or better yet, follow my suggestion of MS in other thread (like MS take 50% dmg off) that has been shot down by non-purist players, they might be very happy with the 10% reduction as of now!!!!
+ current version: cows, have a look at this viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6184&start=110 . Cyborgs have gained around 140 atk & 170 dmg from Aug + Interface class buffs. How much do you think MS can be replaced with? Any cyborgs with 150 HP (too many?) can be considered the same as having MS, and without stuck to the bounded-ammo based weapons with no flexibility. So I would expect a 150-to-200-point enhancement from purist class buffs. That's why I was expecting this current version of Attunement was on the whole psi set!!!

Now, anyone who claim that purists should only focus on one stat (dmg) or at most two stats (atk+dmg), they are just purely don't know about purists at all.
Why cyborgs, soldiers still need points in atk when they have those huge atk enhancement buffs? Then you sure understand why purists can't just have dmg, right?
Everyone understand the game of HK/Elite is often involved with 2 hit or more, right? Even with my suggestion of MS taking half dmg from HK, purist will still need HP stats. And for the current HK, many players squad with 2-hit aim, so surely purist can't just think about atk+dmg, right?

I try to understand why there are arguments against the improvement of purists. Is that just the feeling of not letting those purists that dominate the HK for the last 3 months have a chance on the HK again? I am so surprise that even some mutants who didn't even understand the important of armor for their class now trying to put some opinions on other classes (and past experience showed that their opinions on cyborgs are just purely wrong).

#46 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 19:08

You can't do your numbers this way. It will never work.

MS has to come with a MECHANICS cost. That will translate into having fewer stats attainable through sets and skills. Attunement that ALWAYS fires and gives boosts anywhere close to what you are stating will nullify any cost to having MS - which even weakened is the single strongest skill in the game (it now comes with "costs" but still very strong).

It was exactly this line of thought that got us to the point where attunement is pretty useless for closing the gap in Elite and HK. Mechanics involve more than pure numbers, they involve interaction of skills. Because of how MS works, it needs to be countered by a numerical disadvantage from skills in the other usable stats (damage mostly). If you argue that purists should have the SAME skill boosts to stats as all other classes AND have MS (particularly one that works for three hits against Elites) you are arguing for a "win" button.

Again, if I were a purist I'd strongly prefer the Attunement skill of a few days ago. Apparently MS has been reset to 3 hits against Elite. IMO that's too strong as it means any purist can take 3 Elites without a squad each run if they prepare (this without tweaking setups to perfection - just slap on some Elite set from last 30 levels and go). The old Attunement provided a means for purists to remove their damage deficit (at an ammo cost - well, maybe a cost) against particular mobs. This was fair and maintained the dynamics. But, in arguing for "stat" boosts purists now lost this. Making this new "always on" Attunement try to make up for that will create a massive inequity. I still say go back to last Attunement and give MS 1 shield on Elite.

#47 PointyHair

PointyHair

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 19:22

@teekill: the old attunement was .2 per point to atk & dmg, it would really have levelled the playing field. it's a pity nobody took any notice of it until they took MS away.
@eco: i know what you mean about the 3 points, especially as i had figured out a way to do it without MS but with the old attunement. i'm not entirely sure how the other classes handle it, repair bots and medi packs? at the end of the day we have to periodically recharge psi whereas the other classes buffs are time based so i'd assume you can hunt almost as long as you like without the need to use intensifier. pure guess work of course ;)

#48 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 19:27

i know what you mean about the 3 points, especially as i had figured out a way to do it without MS but with the old attunement. i'm not entirely sure how the other classes handle it, repair bots and medi packs? at the end of the day we have to periodically recharge psi whereas the other classes buffs are time based so i'd assume you can hunt almost as long as you like without the need to use intensifier. pure guess work of course ;)

Yeah - attunement allowed 1-hit kills or 2-hit kills in full armor gear or ... all kinds of interesting combinations at a cost.

I'm not opposed whatsoever to someone figuring out how to solo every single Elite. I do think it's bad if it can be done without any planning or thought. That's what 3 shields on MS is. Done right a full psi bar will kill 15 Elites as it is now. That seems way too overpowering for wearing an old set and slapping on a skill.

EDIT: If I wanted to minimize energy use I could get 27 Elites on 1 Psi bar provided my decay didn't kick in. If it did it would be a paltry 24.

#49 MaximusGR

MaximusGR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 19:50

I try to understand why there are arguments against the improvement of purists. Is that just the feeling of not letting those purists that dominate the HK for the last 3 months have a chance on the HK again? I am so surprise that even some mutants who didn't even understand the important of armor for their class now trying to put some opinions on other classes (and past experience showed that their opinions on cyborgs are just purely wrong).

Why didnt you just mention my name as well, it would make it easier for everyone else? :lol: It would make your personal attack not just wrong but less sneaky as well ;)

Purists dominated the HK not because they are smart or because they had access to special items and skills, but because a single skill allowed them to..

Attunement was fine as it was because it could give that extra damage needed to 1-hit entities that are 2-hittable with armor sets in other classes..if thats so hard for you to figure out...

P.S. An opinion can never be wrong, because its just that..an opinion..Facts and numbers can be wrong or right..

#50 ss_teekill

ss_teekill
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2010 - 20:00

You can't do your numbers this way. It will never work.

MS has to come with a MECHANICS cost. That will translate into having fewer stats attainable through sets and skills. Attunement that ALWAYS fires and gives boosts anywhere close to what you are stating will nullify any cost to having MS - which even weakened is the single strongest skill in the game (it now comes with "costs" but still very strong).

It was exactly this line of thought that got us to the point where attunement is pretty useless for closing the gap in Elite and HK. Mechanics involve more than pure numbers, they involve interaction of skills. Because of how MS works, it needs to be countered by a numerical disadvantage from skills in the other usable stats (damage mostly). If you argue that purists should have the SAME skill boosts to stats as all other classes AND have MS (particularly one that works for three hits against Elites) you are arguing for a "win" button.

I am having a look at your evolution stats, and yours are roughly Atk: 53, Def: 65, Arm: 56, Dmg: 185, HP: 50. So, at around lvl 200, you will need about 100 points in armor and HP to survive. Of course this will change for each players, but I still keep my over estimation of 150 points in my previous post as equal to MS. This is equal to: if you have 150 HP, then you will have the same SURVIVING MECHANIC with purist, which mean you will only need to worry about your atk & dmg now. Then why do purist have to have more loss? Any more advantage of MS over 150 HP should be equalized by the hassle of self-made bounded ammo of psi weapons. And remember that, purists are stuck with Elite set and psi weapon, then we have no counter-attack to high def creatures (actually yes, we have flexibility in addons to help us have higher atk, funny right :) ). Of course the suggested number 150-200 bonus for purists at lvl 200 should change to some percentage.

@PointyHair: thanks for the correction :). So "the old attunement was .2 per point to atk & dmg". How does that compare to aug+interface+overload of cyborg? And they (cyborgs) didn't join the HK hunt until they have full HK set and everyone claim that only purists can solo!!!! So why can't purists have something at least equal to aug+interface+overload (even works only against Elite/HK) at our expense of our own bounded ammo? I hope my point is clear here.

@maxgr:
I am not going to argue with you, but if you think that's you, feel free. And I think everyone see that I understand my own class skill: attunement, no need to attack me like that :)
Edited to reply to maxgr

#51 ss_joosy

ss_joosy
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2010 - 20:18

Does it only work on the HK psi sets? I have the lvl 160 and lvl 210 sets on. I cast lvl 120 attunement and don't see any change to my stats.

It doesnt work on the 190-HK-set too.

#52 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 21:02

Any more advantage of MS over 150 HP should be equalized by the hassle of self-made bounded ammo of psi weapons. And remember that, purists are stuck with Elite set and psi weapon, then we have no counter-attack to high def creatures (actually yes, we have flexibility in addons to help us have higher atk, funny right :) ).

I won't talk about individual evo points as those are set up for lots of reasons. But, as to your question should any advantage of MS be countered by self-made bounded ammo.... NO. It needs to be countered by MECHANICS. Therefore the point reduction suffered on normal leveling. The attunement skill as it was a few days ago wiped out this deficit at a cost of ammo that meant it would only be used on a few special mobs. That was fine.

But, you continuously have asked for stat points to "equate" to the skills of other classes while maintaining MS. That would be totally unbalancing. As I pointed out, it seems that HCS has given purists back the ability to kill 27 Elites from a single Psi bar without wearing ingenious sets. I think that's a mistake, giving them an attunement that allowed parity in stats (even close) with other classes while leveling with MS would be an even larger one.

#53 ss_sirona

ss_sirona
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2010 - 21:08

So why can't purists have something at least equal to aug+interface+overload (even works only against Elite/HK)...?

Because that's *all* that we (cyborgs) have..
what do you mean at least? so you want to have at least or more than all the stat boosting skills we have PLUS the MS?
another thing, we and soldiers use ammo too.. once the shards are stackable there is nothing to complain about there. also if you really think MS is comparable to 150 HP, well you either have very little idea about the game play without MS, or you are underestimating your own skill for the sake of your argument.
Having 150 HP and 150 armor as you suggested for eco, is in no way the *same* mechanics as having MS. Of the top of my head, every time I get hit by say 50 damage, I need to use 50 skill power (surge) to heal myself. You can get hit for whatever amount of damage (with minimal HP and minimal armor) 3 times, at the cost of 20 skill power.. (the need then to carry medipacks and repair kits is comparable to your need to carry mind stones + the surge we spend is comparable, if not more than what's needed for the charging of the stones/shards)..

If you believe that 150 armor is enough to survive against level 200 mobs, I'd suggest you to talk to your non-Purist guild mates. If the creature has 200 damage and you have 150 armor, it doesn't mean that you're going to get hit by 50 damage when you miss. More likely you're going to get hit for 100+ damage and die if you have less HP than that.

And where does the durability deterioration go into in your calculations? Most other classes depend strictly on class equipment and class skills that work in conjunction with them. MS does not depend on durability and works the same at all times regardless. Doesn't even this fact require a further difficulty level (in this case stat deficits) for the class that has access to MS?

PS. I am not a purist hater and I supported the idea that the purists be given a stat boosting skill.. something along the lines of 0.05% per point to damage from Psi items/sets.. but asking for all cyborg buffs.. i mean why don't you just switch to cyborg then? :lol:

#54 MaximusGR

MaximusGR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 21:12

You wont find any reason in the answers you are hoping to get sirona :)

Game knowledge and number loving are 2 vastly different things, good thing classes are distinct according to the former rather than -as some are asking for- the latter.

#55 ss_teekill

ss_teekill
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2010 - 22:37

@sirona
Well, I don't think you understand me correctly (or I have presented it so poorly, sorry :( ). What I said is to have 150 HP in EVOLUTION POINT (at around level 200). Now, any cyborgs/soldiers, if you have 150 HP in evolution point, wearing Elite set and appropriate addon, will you survive 2 hit from most creatures? Yes, I understand the concept of armor/HP very correctly to go to that conclusion. And yes, those 150 points are not affect by duration, just like MS ;)

And when I ask for "So why can't purists have something at least equal to aug+interface+overload (even works only against Elite/HK)", I did explicitly said "even works only against Elite/HK" right? Now I think it should be limited to HK. And I must keep repeating myself: currently purists HAVE NOTHING to go against HK except 10% reduction from MS, which I thought should be 50% at least!!!

Talking about health stim, I think I forgot to mention this. How do you think about this: if you don't wear class weapon, you can't use healing? We purist are having that problem. So let say at lvl 105, purist won't be able to use the famous super atk weapon at that level. And that on top of bounded ammo. How is that equal to having some tradeable health packs? Btw, you have health packs to SUPPORT your skill bar to heal, do you think purists should ask for something like that ;) ? (some packs to make MS when we out of skill bar? just kidding, big no from BG already :P)

"i mean why don't you just switch to cyborg then?" lol :), do you know how many time this following question has been asked in this forum? "why don't u just switch to purist then?" :) And the result is ... that we are having this conversation :)

@maxgr
Can you at least TRY to contribute to the thread rather than to attack personally?

#56 MaximusGR

MaximusGR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 23:24

Well, I don't think you understand me correctly (or I have presented it so poorly, sorry :( ). What I said is to have 150 HP in EVOLUTION POINT (at around level 200). Now, any cyborgs/soldiers, if you have 150 HP in evolution point, wearing Elite set and appropriate addon, will you survive 2 hit from most creatures? Yes, I understand the concept of armor/HP very correctly to go to that conclusion. And yes, those 150 points are not affect by duration, just like MS ;)

150 evo points in HP are comparable to MS? :lol: Mutants, Soldiers and Cyborgs would have to kill 50 less creatures before repairing/dying in order to have 150 HP coming from evo..There are item setups to allow survival after 2 hits from most entities anyway..

And when I ask for "So why can't purists have something at least equal to aug+interface+overload (even works only against Elite/HK)", I did explicitly said "even works only against Elite/HK" right? Now I think it should be limited to HK. And I must keep repeating myself: currently purists HAVE NOTHING to go against HK except 10% reduction from MS, which I thought should be 50% at least!!!

You do have something comparable to aug+interface+overload against entities and Elites..MS and all evo points in damage should you choose to..
This would work against HK if you had Attunement as it used to be but no one could see its value apparently...so using squads from now on for 90% of the purists(i am sure some will be able to use the 10% damage reduction quite effectively) balances out beautifuly with the long domination of the mindless skill in HK soloing.

Talking about health stim, I think I forgot to mention this. How do you think about this: if you don't wear class weapon, you can't use healing? We purist are having that problem. So let say at lvl 105, purist won't be able to use the famous super atk weapon at that level. And that on top of bounded ammo. How is that equal to having some tradeable health packs? Btw, you have health packs to SUPPORT your skill bar to heal, do you think purists should ask for something like that ;) ? (some packs to make MS when we out of skill bar? just kidding, big no from BG already :P)

If Cyborgs dont use their class add-ons they dont get any bonuses out of them..If soldiers dont use Class weapons and sets they almost cant level properly..So your "problem" has been a 1.5 year reality for others, welcome to it :)

Health packs are helpful, and using 1 of them whenever we get hit is not much different than casting a class skill on ourselves (should FINALLY be available in Quick-Buff) every 3 times we get hit..

@maxgr
Can you at least TRY to contribute to the thread rather than to attack personally?

A thread in which a purist asks whatever other classes have on top of MS? I am already, by disagreeing fully :) Even when under sneaky references to what my knowledge on use of armor is, lol

#57 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 23:41

Purists have "nothing to go against HK" because of a change to Attunement that was argued by purists in here. Many purists have found setups that allow soloing of the HK with that version of attunement so it must have achieved the goal. I said WAY back in one of these two threads "be careful what you ask for". I really think this is a case of purists wanting stat boosts because they didn't understand that by definition they'd have to be "weak" or MS would become overpowerful again. So, AFTER asking for them they realize they were better before (some purists didn't realize - not all).

#58 centurion

centurion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 23:56

wow, such a lively discussion. LMAO.

I have near 200 hp(105 into evolve hp plus 50 in att), and it really depends on mob and state of repair for how often I die. most mob, I can take 2 hits before needing healing (which means large med pack) lot of the mob, I can only take 1 hit. also durability loss affect this, so I really have to repair fairly often. (so 2 hit setup becomes 1 hit setup as I go down) overall, i am sure I die more often compared to purist. (I was purist for a while, so I do have experience with it)

I posted comparison between myself and acidic and it pretty much show that acidic has very similiar combat stats . (with soldier having about 10% higher with full buff and I am betting purist will similiar att/dmg stat to mutants with muties getting rad dmg/no ammo) overall, I am not sure why people are complaining. Only real penalty that purist have is the non stackable empty shard. got back 3 hit elite, which more than make up for attunement change. lets call this a good start and thank the cows. :D

armor set is cool, but if I was playing borg, I may consider putting my evolve into def. you already get large att and decent dmg. I would put all my spare evolve into def and play suicide otherwise.

#59 ss_sirona

ss_sirona
  • Guests

Posted 03 March 2010 - 00:28

"i mean why don't you just switch to cyborg then?" lol , do you know how many time this following question has been asked in this forum? "why don't u just switch to purist then?" And the result is ... that we are having this conversation

Just to be clear here.. I was one of the people who were repeatedly told "why don't you become a purist then?" when we were *criticizing* MS. It was annoying because we were giving feedback on how it was overpowering (when the shield never got destroyed) and how it unbalanced the game.

Now it would have made sense to say this if someone was *explicitly* asking for the MS skill (or "at least" something as powerful) to be added to the cyborg tree.. I suppose you can get creative here, make some interesting suggestions etc. but asking for exact cyborg buffs on top of MS defies the whole definition of "balance between classes".

I understand you're having problems with the purist tree right now, and I really hope the issues are resolved soon. But I don't see HCS resolving them by copy-pasting from other classes' skills..

#60 ss_teekill

ss_teekill
  • Guests

Posted 03 March 2010 - 08:44

Since Centurion is here, I will take his setup for an example, hope he doesn't mind :)
His evol point is roughly Atk: 50, Def: 1, Arm: 1, Dmg: 263, HP: 105. From Centurion, "most mob, I can take 2 hits before needing healing", "lot of the mob, I can only take 1 hit". I just wonder if you have ever considered having 150 HP in evol point? Or from your pov, is 150 HP in evol is enough to ALWAYS "take 2 hits before needing healing"? And this is why I am suggesting 150 HP is working ROUGHLY the same as MS (at level 200).
Pros & con of HP vs MS: HP has packs/skill bar to refill, MS only has skill bar. MS surely seems better than HP :). MS is associated with psi weapon now (hassle of ammo and inflexibility of weapon).

Now I will look at my suggestion based on the recent changes in purist skills.
1st, MS is associated with psi weapon.
I have posted that my level progress didn't change much except the empty shards. I was not totally right! Surely as everyone have voiced, empty shard should be stackable, I won't argue any more about that. The change that I didn't see rarely happen, but it does sometimes.
Imagine a purist at lvl 105 (hope we all remember that level :) ). The use of the lvl 105 weapon was a must to go through that level! But now purists can't, or can without any protection at all! Of course, one argument would be:
maxgr: "If Cyborgs dont use their class add-ons they dont get any bonuses out of them..If soldiers dont use Class weapons and sets they almost cant level properly..So your "problem" has been a 1.5 year reality for others, welcome to it :)"
Sorry maxgr, I don't think you understand what you are comparing. As I said before, why don't you try to imagine you cannot heal yourself for a whole level? It is totally different from not having some dmg buffs ...
This is why I suggest some addition to purist stats. And this is to compensate for inflexibility of weapon I would say.
Of course, any purists can put up some HP for this case, but then ... why need MS anymore then?!?!

2nd, MS only take 10% off HK dmg
I understand that the previous Attunement version was a mean for the HK. But let compare the bonus: Attunment (20% atk, 20% dmg), Aug+Int+Overload (cyborg) (15% atk, at least 45% dmg) (up or down a bit of course).

So I think I can refine my suggestion here:
+ Attunement: might want to be back as before, but with 0.3% per point added to atk & dmg. This effect can be limited to HK, Elite only (unlike cyborg skill that can be used everywhere), and around the same as Aug+Int+Overload combined.
+ Imbue (surely this is the most unwanted purist buff for now): change to give psi items boost of 0.25% item atk per point (this will get purist roughly 100 atk for lvl 200 psi). Players can use psi addon, weapon to make it up to around 150 atk. Scaling down to lvl 105, I think that's what it need to get around this level.

Of course my suggestion isn't perfect. But please try to solve the problem that I have raised above. And please don't assume purist with the "all dmg" setup. I think I talked too much about why it is not the case already.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: