Photo

Slaughterfest is here!

• Please log in to reply
231 replies to this topic

#41 ss_topsy

ss_topsy
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2010 - 21:54

Me and the 4th place (I came 5th) did have same score. But for some reason he was placed one place over me. Wouldn`t it be more fair if both got 10 points, and not one 10 and one 5.

Edit: and in the top 100 list, only the top 4 has rewards. I got the reward, but the list doesn`t say so.

Psst: I had 236 kills when there was 17 minutes left, but went out of energy :(

If the scores are equal, it goes by who initiated the most combats. :)

okey :(

but the list is still broken ;) It still shows that I got no points, when it should show that I got 5...

#42 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 29 April 2010 - 21:54

but the list is still broken ;) It still shows that I got no points, when it should show that I got 5...

Just fixed that 8-)

#43 fatalomega

fatalomega

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 21:56

An hour well spent thank you HCS.

#44 Vorest

Vorest

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 22:01

Hmm... 4th place... Good score ;) I was expecting 50th place or something.

#45 ss_annika

ss_annika
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2010 - 22:08

Hehehe, I had a blast out there. My wifi is waaay to slow for Slaughterfests and I only got 15-16 kills, but I had a great time. I am glad, I was here to participate the first, chaotic, all-vs-all inferno. I missed and lost to a L78 (Skipp) out there, so while the smaller players had a hard time, they were not completely outmatched.

This is the Sigma version of the 'other game Arena'. No plastic bullets or rubber blades, but a hardcore street shoot out. I spent all my energy and lost a lot of credits, but it was all worth it.

I like the concept a lot, but in the name of fairness, consider an 'energy fee' instead of real energy usage. A player with a max of 1000 energy will never be able to win - or even getting close - because he doesn´t have energy enough to get more kills than the player with 10000 max energy. Charge an 'energy fee' of 400-500 and give all players free movement and attacking for the duration of the Fest.

I like that the gear gets battered and we get hurt. It adds an extra dimension of tactics, when we have to think about repairing, healing and reloading.

This is PvP when it´s best. Awesome and thanks!

#46 ss_topsy

ss_topsy
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2010 - 22:11

A few item bugs: (From top)
2: Is not craftable
7: Is common
9: Is not craftable

#47 Phyrexia

Phyrexia

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 22:13

I like the concept a lot, but in the name of fairness, consider an 'energy fee' instead of real energy usage. A player with a max of 1000 energy will never be able to win - or even getting close - because he doesn´t have energy enough to get more kills than the player with 10000 max energy. Charge an 'energy fee' of 400-500 and give all players free movement and attacking for the duration of the Fest.

I think this point is really important to make this event fair!

#48 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,817 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 April 2010 - 22:14

i'm a little sad that successful defends don't get a point :(

HaHA! This bears relation to the future!

how about you spawn at different safe spots around the map-ammo/repair/hospital-when you get killed..it would spread out the fighting around the map

Been thinking about this though our expieriances this time.

2. it's so fast you can barely move off the pyramid and click a random name before you are dead.

Already taken that into account!

You have just been awarded a Bronze Mutant Hunter medal!
You have just been awarded a Bronze Cyborg Hunter medal!
You have just been awarded a Bronze Soldier Hunter medal!
You have just been awarded a Bronze Purist Hunter medal!

I will freely admit, I didn't see that coming!

I lost almost 2 million credits! I thought this was going to be like the Arena in FS where you don't lose money or experience. I realized I was wrong as soon as it started, but at that point I had no way out. I had to just sit there and watch as I lost money. I'm not happy. There should be an "I give up" option where a player can quit if they decide they don't want to be in there anymore. Of course, that person would no longer be in the running for prizes, even if they have the most points.

You don't lose XP. There will not be an "I give up" Option as that would be easy to abuse. This is not FS.

A_W_E_S_O_M_E!!!

great fun, but many caching failures- that was quite annoying. I think it's ok to give only first 5 players tokens but the award is much to difficult to get, maybe just participating will bring points for that?!

Nice work, really nice work

Caching failures were annoying but we are working on that. All in all, I enjoyed this!

21:30 29/Apr/2010 You came 36th in the Slaughterfest.

I'm only lvl 81.

There is no way I was gonna win at my lvl but perhaps if they shrink the lvl ranges.
Then again, it will be hard to find ppl to kill then.

All in all, it was kind of fun. I just wish as well that you would get credit for sucessful defends as well
cause I had a few of those.

As did I but we decided it was for the best, while we are considering future additions!

awesome... but i think doing it this way left a bad taste in many players mouths though

How so? We told them this was over many levelks and was for all players. Everything from here out will be more level specific. Everyone was warned.

#49 ss_johnnymo

ss_johnnymo
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2010 - 22:18

i'm a little sad that successful defends don't get a point :(

HaHA! This bears relation to the future!

how about you spawn at different safe spots around the map-ammo/repair/hospital-when you get killed..it would spread out the fighting around the map

Been thinking about this though our expieriances this time.

2. it's so fast you can barely move off the pyramid and click a random name before you are dead.

Already taken that into account!

I lost almost 2 million credits! I thought this was going to be like the Arena in FS where you don't lose money or experience. I realized I was wrong as soon as it started, but at that point I had no way out. I had to just sit there and watch as I lost money. I'm not happy. There should be an "I give up" option where a player can quit if they decide they don't want to be in there anymore. Of course, that person would no longer be in the running for prizes, even if they have the most points.

You don't lose XP. There will not be an "I give up" Option as that would be easy to abuse. This is not FS.

A_W_E_S_O_M_E!!!

great fun, but many caching failures- that was quite annoying. I think it's ok to give only first 5 players tokens but the award is much to difficult to get, maybe just participating will bring points for that?!

Nice work, really nice work

Caching failures were annoying but we are working on that. All in all, I enjoyed this!

21:30 29/Apr/2010 You came 36th in the Slaughterfest.

I'm only lvl 81.

There is no way I was gonna win at my lvl but perhaps if they shrink the lvl ranges.
Then again, it will be hard to find ppl to kill then.

All in all, it was kind of fun. I just wish as well that you would get credit for sucessful defends as well
cause I had a few of those.

As did I but we decided it was for the best, while we are considering future additions!

awesome... but i think doing it this way left a bad taste in many players mouths though

How so? We told them this was over many levelks and was for all players. Everything from here out will be more level specific. Everyone was warned.

not sure you are reading the same forum's i am.... LOL but i think players are just tired of the buggy let the big boys win everything attitude around here

why not start out letting the smaller players win?... that would be a change

#50 Phyrexia

Phyrexia

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 22:22

not sure you are reading the same forum's i am.... LOL but i think players are just tired of the buggy let the big boys win everything attitude around here

Imagine you are one of the big boys after playing this game actively for some month- would you like that idea?

Edit: they promised to make different arenas with different lvl-ranges, so wait what will come

#51 acidic

acidic

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,088 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 29 April 2010 - 22:23

It was fun, but a bit long for my A.D.D.

Would be nice to see variations in length going forward....

MY gut it 15 minutes would be popular, maybe the prizes for shorter ones could be less than those for longer ones to encourage the epic ones...

Thanks!

#52 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,817 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 April 2010 - 22:27

A few item bugs: (From top)
2: Is not craftable
7: Is common
9: Is not craftable

Dealt with.

#53 ss_johnnymo

ss_johnnymo
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2010 - 22:27

Imagine you are one of the big boys after playing this game actively for some month- would you like that idea?

Edit: they promised to make different arenas with different lvl-ranges, so wait what will come

well i have played this game for a long time.. and FS... i just took a break for a bit here.... sooooooooo yeah i know you have been here a long time also.... sooooooooo yeah

#54 ss_staraero

ss_staraero
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2010 - 22:41

Will lower level players be able to enter the high level Slaughterfest's?

#55 centurion

centurion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 23:02

well, glad it is online. :D

if it i 1 hour long, I do think it is too long. 15-20min probably is best (or put energy cost of 450 to join, which will allow players to buff a bit as well) as is, it cost 1800 energy (30x60) to last an hour. if it is 15 min, you will spend 450 energy, which would be perfect. or at least once you are out of energy, you get taken out of the arena. (or at least when you are down to 20)

I've suggested lvl with evolve removed to make it more fair. (and make equipment more important)

beyond that, looks good.

#56 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 23:03

Really? How could it not happen? And, wonderfully, it is even possible to do with ONLY low level kills....

Also, ...

Me and the 4th place (I came 5th) did have same score. But for some reason he was placed one place over me. Wouldn`t it be more fair if both got 10 points, and not one 10 and one 5.

Edit: and in the top 100 list, only the top 4 has rewards. I got the reward, but the list doesn`t say so.

Psst: I had 236 kills when there was 17 minutes left, but went out of energy :(

If the scores are equal, it goes by who initiated the most combats. :)

WHY? So, we reward the player that has the LOWER win percentage because they were somehow better at the slaughterfest? This needs some thought guys....

#57 Metlz

Metlz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 00:10

Make sure I am not at work next time...here in the USA

#58 RD1542

RD1542

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 00:15

all in all was a lot of fun, nice to see so many lost and forgotten players log in to give this a try

is there a way to get better logs, sure the who had the most kills is nice to see, how about most deaths, or the most hunted player by player, ie player abc killed player def 17 times. best in a row, etc etc would be fun to see some more numbers in there.

and yes agree 100% on random respawns, the traffic jam at the health center was a little much.

was a fair amount of lag, seems more players in the map, the more the lag is, would be interested to see if we lagged out FS for a change

cache errors are a pain in the... hope they can be fixed soon, so i can use my IE again..

was kind of dissapointed to see the medals count here, i was 85% to purist, 80 to cyborg and mutant silvers, was a lot of work to get there, now those medals have been cheapened, got 3/4 silvers now...

is a very energy consuming side game, wich unfortunatly will play a very negative role on who attends future ones, i think we would be better off with no energy movement and energy to take a swing

would have been nice to get points for sucessfull defends, but as mentioned, maybe these will come out in future events.

also while i am rambling, if future spawns are for say max level 80 - 100 will it be for only those players who are from level 80 - 100, or equipment level 80 - 100

i kind of liked the no limits all out kill or be killed theme, gives all players a chance to participate, and gives them incentive to level up to be more sucessfull in future games.

all in all fairly impressed, seemed to go pretty well, besides the cache and lag issues.

can't wait for more of these, and some new games thrown in. maybe some areas that can be rented out for a faction verse faction challenge??

#59 RD1542

RD1542

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 00:21

ohh and 1 other thing i forgot, will make sure i have more repair kits in the future, the use repair bot is dangerously close to the move left button, accidently ate all mine up : (

#60 ss_sirona

ss_sirona
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:24

in the rewards page the 4th one from the top is *not* bound (non-tradable)..
or at least it doesn't show in the mouse over.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: