#1 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 08:56

Hi, 

The instant resource respawn was unintentional, so I fixed that as my initial thought was 'Oh crap it's very exploitable'.

However! Clearly it was the carrot on a stick people needed to risk going into the zone. I think we need to find a middle ground though. Nodes respawning on the spot are far too bot/script friendly, but how about if it was more like the sweet spots on greenreef, where they spawn near enough so you can get a bit of node farming going on?

At the same time, if it's so easy to earn all of those lovely resources, risk needs to be increased.

Off the top of my head one idea is that trappers resource nodes produce a different kind of item, eg 'Atoll Coal', which will 100% drop if you die on the island, and can be turned into regular coal back in Eldevin somewhere.

Item: Large bag.

slots: 25slots

price: 1k gold in shop.

Suggestion : Large bag craft able using trapper's resources.

It's not worth spending 1k g.

It's not something that would decrease the selling of EP as it it buyable from shop with "gold"

Risk: 100% drop rate of resources on dying. Or 90-80%

Gain: making a bag for a good amount of exp + ability to sell to new players. Or players who dont like speding ep can use it for their or, maybe u already bought 5 largebackpack and just want a few more for some extra equip keeping space.

Worth it? Yes exp for skillers, free resources for killers, and a new useful item to sell for sellers.

ok?

now go discus with the team. 

thank you for your time.

Still thinking about new signature

previously:

youtube channel! >> Xpwaste Eldevin 

twitch stream!   >> Xpwaste_Eldevin

PVP is what i like. make it worthwhile!

#2 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 01 June 2014 - 12:33

Or they could do this suggestion in full (which is by far the best option to go for, even if it is my suggestion I'll happily big it up like that).

Gathering changes:

- Full rework of gathering nodes and a larger main map.

I understand this may take some time, but I think this will create a much better pvp and risky environment.

. Remove all current level 48 nodes from the map.

. In the place of the 48 nodes add a level-increasing resource map.

So when you leave the safe zone, the first chunk of the map you are in will contain all resources that are level 1.

The second chunk of the map (around where the second safezone is currently located) the level 16 resources will be.

Now the map will need to be expanded.

The third chunk of the map will contain the level 32 resources

The final chunk of the map will contain the level 48 resources.

I hope everyone understands that the "further" you venture into Atoll the higher access resources you will have available to you.

(This doesn't necessarily have to be one map strip that you go forward to reach the end, it can be broken off into other islands, where you have to venture across bridges.. etc).

The map design is up to HCS, I have an idea in my head but theres no point in going to detail when I have no idea if such a huge change will go through.

a5kwtf.png

My YouTube Channel - Click Here

#3 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 14:21

That'd be a nice layout , but it might restrict players to the only level area they can use. Why would you go to a higher area unless you can farm those nodes and risking the death with no reason?

For me , if it's mixed and thrown out all over the place it would scatter people of all levels , all over the island. Hence providing a bit more drama. All over and not in only level specific places.

The point to be noted though is that the layout shall be thought out later, first the system of risk/reward needs to be implemented In a proper way.

previously:

#4 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 01 June 2014 - 18:36

That'd be a nice layout , but it might restrict players to the only level area they can use. Why would you go to a higher area unless you can farm those nodes and risking the death with no reason?

For me , if it's mixed and thrown out all over the place it would scatter people of all levels , all over the island. Hence providing a bit more drama. All over and not in only level specific places.

The point to be noted though is that the layout shall be thought out later, first the system of risk/reward needs to be implemented In a proper way.

People would be all over the place anyway, there are players of different levels with different profession levels.

Having things all over the place is a really bad system.

a5kwtf.png

My YouTube Channel - Click Here

#5 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 19:11

Or they could do this suggestion in full (which is by far the best option to go for, even if it is my suggestion I'll happily big it up like that).

Also lower level skillers would be the first ones to be hunted down lolol

still i like the idea

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

Need level 32 pots order here

Need level 40 pots order here

Need Draft pots order here

Need Elixir pots order here

#6 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 04:31

People would be all over the place anyway, there are players of different levels with different profession levels.

Having things all over the place is a really bad system.

maybe idk, not an expert. :/

Though even if they implement this , they'll do it in their strange way and we all know what that leads to.

previously:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: