Photo

Eldevin GUI Preview

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 PhurieDae

PhurieDae

Chief Creative Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:11

You've already seen the new Inventory and Equipment/Character screens (you haven't? Well then, go here to our Facebook page to see them), and now you get the very first look at the main gameplay user interface and some of the Mage talents you will encounter in the game!

This is such a huge step from the very first UI we had, which had a much smaller client size and not nearly enough of our artists' fantastic 3D worlds on show! I've spent the past few months working hard to make everything simpler, sleeker and much prettier, and with a lot of critique and feedback from the whole Eldevin team, I think we've made something that will give you guys a fantastic user experience.

We are still in the process of tweaking and implementing everything, so some details you see here may not be identical to what you see in the game when beta launches (and I should note that all stats and numbers are entirely made up by me!) but it will be very close. So, what do you all think?

Posted Image
Louisa Gallie
Senior Concept & UI Artist

#2 Othimos

Othimos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:50

Oh my giddy aunt, that looks fantastic :)

Far better to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.

#3 Neofito

Neofito

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:50

Looks great :lol:
And after a quick glance, some questions:
  • Will it be a custom UI?, I mean : can we change the possition of the UI elements? (the lock at the left of the bar)
  • Seems we will be able to have several hotkey bars (in the screen the active one is the number 2), will be a quick way to select the active bar?, maybe functions keys, or is needed to click in the red space at the right of the bar??
  • Wich hotkeys are used for pots?
  • Displayed talents in the screen are for mage school? and the tabs at the bottom allows to go other schools?
  • What for are the 4 icons at the bottom left of the talents window??

In life the things aren't white or black, the certain is that they are composed of a beautiful variety of grey tones.

#4 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:51

Looks good, nice layout as well :).
Off topic on that, to the right of the screen with the rest of your staff is that how a party or group will look like?

a5kwtf.png

My YouTube Channel - Click Here

#5 PhurieDae

PhurieDae

Chief Creative Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:09

Looks great :lol:
And after a quick glance, some questions:

• Will it be a custom UI?, I mean : can we change the possition of the UI elements? (the lock at the left of the bar)
  • Seems we will be able to have several hotkey bars (in the screen the active one is the number 2), will be a quick way to select the active bar?, maybe functions keys, or is needed to click in the red space at the right of the bar??
  • Wich hotkeys are used for pots?
  • Displayed talents in the screen are for mage school? and the tabs at the bottom allows to go other schools?
  • What for are the 4 icons at the bottom left of the talents window??

At the moment, the UI will be locked in place but we haven't ruled out repositionable elements in the future. The lock at the left of the bar is for fixing your skills in the bar so that you don't accidentally move them around if you don't want to.

A function key for switching active layers is a possibility and we will look into it while the UI is being built. Some hotkeys have not been fixed yet - at the moment we don't have them for potions. Again, this is something we will look at if it's something you guys would like :)

Yes, that's the Mage talent tree on display as an example, and you will be able to switch between the different trees using the tabs. The skills are always being tested and balanced as I said, they may not be exactly the same in the beta.

Which four icons do you mean?

Looks good, nice layout as well :).
Off topic on that, to the right of the screen with the rest of your staff is that how a party or group will look like?

Yes, it is! When you are not in a group, only your name will appear as a way to target yourself easily.
Louisa Gallie

#6 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:11

Yes, it is! When you are not in a group, only your name will appear as a way to target yourself easily.

Ahh lookin' awesome ;) is their a limit to how many people in a group and I take it Cowboy is the group leader here with the little circle icon next to his name?

a5kwtf.png

My YouTube Channel - Click Here

#7 PhurieDae

PhurieDae

Chief Creative Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:47

At the moment a group can have up to five people, including yourself. And yes, Cowboy is the leader here. He doesn't do what he's told if he's in a group anyway so I figured I may as well just put him in charge ;)
Louisa Gallie

#8 Neofito

Neofito

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:51

Thanks for the answer.
The icons I'm talking about are the ones into the red square
Posted Image

In life the things aren't white or black, the certain is that they are composed of a beautiful variety of grey tones.

#9 Beelsebob

Beelsebob

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 13:05

Hey Neofito,

These icons are for in-game chat. The chat box is collapsed down there so that it doesn't get in the way.

#10 PhurieDae

PhurieDae

Chief Creative Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 October 2012 - 13:09

Those icons represent chat tabs (they are on my list of icons to redo, as they are from the old UI). You will have world chat, group chat, private chat and I think a tab just for system messages. In that first screenshot the chat is hidden. When you open it, it will look something like this :)

Posted Image
Louisa Gallie

#11 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 October 2012 - 14:11

Looks really cool.
Looking forward to the release of this.. cant wait..

Posted Image

#12 thisple

thisple

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 October 2012 - 17:03

very nice!

#13 macmutte

macmutte

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 October 2012 - 19:14

Looking great , cant wait to dive in and play this game

#14 Zshmaendal

Zshmaendal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 October 2012 - 20:54

I like the direction the game is going. Excited to see how the combat works. :)

Guild Founder of The Golden Horde

Zshmaendal - Level 45 Prophet | Superfluous - Level 35 Warrior | Ulysses - Level 13 Ranger

Louis - Level 8 Warrior | Ephemeral - Level 12 Assassin | Connotation - Level 8 Mage

Crystal Cutting - 9 | Fishing - 10 | Forestry - 10 | Skinning - 8 | Farming - 19 | Foraging - 28 | Prospecting - 16

Alchemy - 36 | Cooking - 11 | Leatherworking - 4 | Weaponsmithing - 5 | Armorsmithing - 7 | Jewelry - 6 | Tailoring - 16

#15 Neofito

Neofito

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 October 2012 - 18:56

The chat box collapsed :P , I didn't notice that the chat box was missed in the screenshot.
Btw lock the skills in the hot bar is a reat idea.

#16 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:42

It looks mighty fine! :lol:

Gathering  Crystal Cutting 49 | Farming 49 | Fishing 49 | Foraging 49 | Forestry 49 | Prospecting 49 | Skinning 49
Crafting  Alchemy 49 | Armorsmithing 49 | Cooking 49 | Jewelry 49 | Leatherworking 49 | Tailoring 49 | Weaponsmithing 49
First person to have maxed them cool.png

Characters (all level 49)
Prophet    
Savanc       Savavita              Savavimala               Mage          Savanhildur    Savashengli    Savahathor
Warrior  
Savy           Savanikomachos   Savafionnchadh       Assassin   Savalina         Savajahangir
Ranger      Savakainda  Savatakoda         Savaraxka               Templar   Savastanislav  Savasegolene

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: