#1 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 30 November 2020 - 06:39

if there are 4 players in same guild on the ladder and no one else do they get tokens 

Note that only players who have either attacked or defended will be included in the ladder.

Edited by activeh1, 30 November 2020 - 06:40.

5aZzW0p.png,

#2 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 November 2020 - 14:52

this has always bugged me. yes they all get tokens whether they hit or not. inactive ladder goers shouldn't be getting anything. this usually always hurt the one of the four guild members. the one active hitter have to deal with anyone who is not in the same guild because they are farming points from your guild members who do nothing. there should be some system in place that kicks for being inactive.

sigma_468x60.jpg

#3 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 30 November 2020 - 15:33

They get tokens, yep.

Same applies for 2 or more players who are non guildmates, who don't hit one another.

It doesn't have to necessarily be all guildmates unable to hit one another.

An easy fix would be letting guildmates hit one another, but the cows have said nope to that.

Or , a more reasonable fix...expand the ladder ranges

But at least they fixed the pvp protection exploit, eh? :)

#4 Tilley10

Tilley10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 16:37

They shouldn’t be punished for joining the ladder and all being in the same guild. Not their fault that nobody will join them. I regularly only have a guildmate on the ladder with me because everyone opts out - no reason to strip us of tokens if I cannot hit the other person.

Edited by Tilley10, 01 December 2020 - 06:22.

#5 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 16:38

this has always bugged me. yes they all get tokens whether they hit or not. inactive ladder goers shouldn't be getting anything. this usually always hurt the one of the four guild members. the one active hitter have to deal with anyone who is not in the same guild because they are farming points from your guild members who do nothing. there should be some system in place that kicks for being inactive.

They get tokens, yep.
Same applies for 2 or more players who are non guildmates, who don't hit one another.
It doesn't have to necessarily be all guildmates unable to hit one another.
An easy fix would be letting guildmates hit one another, but the cows have said nope to that.
Or , a more reasonable fix...expand the ladder ranges
But at least they fixed the pvp protection exploit, eh? :)

to OP's post: are these guildmates on the same rung/range of the ladder ?

to the rest: i was under the impression at least one pvp (non-arena) activity is required to qualify for tokens, not just being on the ladder. they don't hit each other because things can get messy fast, like deleveling. of course top ranking is important, so some ladder hits will happen. most hits are off-ladder, a "DQ for pvp" may just be a hit to qualify for tokens and get gold.

#6 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 30 November 2020 - 17:17

to OP's post: are these guildmates on the same rung/range of the ladder ?

to the rest: i was under the impression at least one pvp (non-arena) activity is required to qualify for tokens, not just being on the ladder. they don't hit each other because things can get messy fast, like deleveling. of course top ranking is important, so some ladder hits will happen. most hits are off-ladder, a "DQ for pvp" may just be a hit to qualify for tokens and get gold.

Since Ladder hits aren't eligible for bounties, are you referring to the levels that are inevitably gonna be lost if actively participating in the Ladder?  Cuz in order to get PvP rating at all, these hits must be exchanged via the Ladder only at least in my understanding i.e. a bounty hit, a GvG hit, a hit on anybody NOT ON THE LADDER shouldn't count toward Ladder progression since no rating can be earned or lost unless it's another participant in your tier that you have hit..... And higher stam wins.  So EVERYBODy uses a 100 stam hit..... 

If Player A and Player B aren't exchanging hits, and not in the same guild, then this is just blatant manipulation, same as the rumored PvP rank fixing of old that made us have to have a ladder to begin with.  This type of thing is as low rent as those that had used the Protection exploit (good on the cows for FINALLY fixing that).

I no longer participate in the Ladder simply because the back and forth of 100 stam hits seemed counter-productive to me and I wanted no part of it....

But rather than sit idly and waste space there, I opted out once I got my Bronze Dominance Medal and was done with the whole thing.  

Wasn't it supposed to be fixed that with a few logical exceptions, (such as the guild thing) that tokens can't be earned without taking at least 1 LADDER hit?

Edited by BadPenny, 30 November 2020 - 17:20.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#7 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 19:24

i know in the past one could hit off-ladder to qualify, also bounties were permissable.

before the ladder, all pvp (except arena and gvg) qualified for pvp ranking. this was for prestige. reward ? unclear. the top rankings went to higher level players. this was seen as unfair, so the ladder was introduced.

by the hit ladder first method, just exchange 10 stam hits on-ladder, do the rest off-ladder. remember to blame the cows for the "DQ for pvp."

as to 100 stam off-ladder hit for smasher medal, i don't know.

#8 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 19:57

i know in the past one could hit off-ladder to qualify, also bounties were permissable.

before the ladder, all pvp (except arena and gvg) qualified for pvp ranking. this was for prestige. reward ? unclear. the top rankings went to higher level players. this was seen as unfair, so the ladder was introduced.

by the hit ladder first method, just exchange 10 stam hits on-ladder, do the rest off-ladder. remember to blame the cows for the "DQ for pvp."

as to 100 stam off-ladder hit for smasher medal, i don't know.

Before there was a ladder, yes, any hit other than arena or GvG added or subtracted PvP ranking.  But that changed (for the worse in my opinion) and the Ladder was born.  PvP rating can only be exchanged there, between 2 players that are both in the same ladder tier.  !00 stam hits generate more PvP rating than 10 stam hits, so it's kinda dumb to just do a 10 stam hit there. 

IDK if it still pertains, but when I was on the ladder, if I hit somebody on the BB that was in my ladder tier, rating was transferred.

Prestige is a different story, and is similar to what constitutes eligibility to be counted for a DQ hit... In the case of Prestige, all bounty successful bounty hits give 1 Prestige.  Successful Normal or Ladder hits give 10 Prestige, but only if the target has been online in the past 7 days and  XP loss is applicable (does not have PvP protection),  and that will only count every third day.  

With a DQ hit, Ladder and Normal PvP hits count as long as the target has been online in the past 7 days and as long as some XP was lost.  Many times I have not gotten credit for a DQ because conserve kicked in.  Bounty hits do not count for a DQ, but recently Ladder hits were added.

Smasher ticks can only be obtained via the Ladder or the BB, which is why some players ALWAYs 100 stam bounties.  So for regular PvP, the only reason to 100 stam anyone would be to intentionally "hurt" them or to steal their gold.  

Neither GvG or the Arena are included for any of this obviously.

For those that do not know, PvP protection only protects your XP, not your gold.  Also, if you take a swing at somebody outside of GvG or the BB, whatever time is left on your PvP protection is forfeited.

The rules for all this are a bit all over the place as you can see.

Edited by BadPenny, 30 November 2020 - 20:01.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#9 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 22:09

Before there was a ladder, yes, any hit other than arena or GvG added or subtracted PvP ranking.  But that changed (for the worse in my opinion) and the Ladder was born.  PvP rating can only be exchanged there, between 2 players that are both in the same ladder tier.  !00 stam hits generate more PvP rating than 10 stam hits, so it's kinda dumb to just do a 10 stam hit there. 

my experience differs, i joined the ladder "offending" a player whose guild deleveled me 15 levels. later i rejoined the ladder, another player took offense hitting me several times. this player was deleveled 5 levels and was not the same. again i rejoined the ladder to keep a promise, the other players left that range immediately leaving me and a new guy. i took a bounty and off-ladder hit. i earned 10 tokens. bounties were important in the three facets of my experience, as was off-ladder hits. now the rules changed, can't put a bounty on ladder opponents. but does that mean can't take bounties for pvp ladder rank ?

IDK if it still pertains, but when I was on the ladder, if I hit somebody on the BB that was in my ladder tier, rating was transferred.

Prestige is a different story, and is similar to what constitutes eligibility to be counted for a DQ hit... In the case of Prestige, all bounty successful bounty hits give 1 Prestige.  Successful Normal or Ladder hits give 10 Prestige, but only if the target has been online in the past 7 days and  XP loss is applicable (does not have PvP protection),  and that will only count every third day.  

different prestige,i mean high honor.

With a DQ hit, Ladder and Normal PvP hits count as long as the target has been online in the past 7 days and as long as some XP was lost.  Many times I have not gotten credit for a DQ because conserve kicked in.  Bounty hits do not count for a DQ, but recently Ladder hits were added.

idk

Smasher ticks can only be obtained via the Ladder or the BB, which is why some players ALWAYs 100 stam bounties.  So for regular PvP, the only reason to 100 stam anyone would be to intentionally "hurt" them or to steal their gold.  

Neither GvG or the Arena are included for any of this obviously.

For those that do not know, PvP protection only protects your XP, not your gold.  Also, if you take a swing at somebody outside of GvG or the BB, whatever time is left on your PvP protection is forfeited.

The rules for all this are a bit all over the place as you can see.

#10 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 01 December 2020 - 04:46

gone way of track here folks ,if they dont defend or attack why should they get tokens ,yes its not there fault that no one else joined ,but dont see why anyone gets tokens ?

5aZzW0p.png,

#11 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 01 December 2020 - 04:50

gone way of track here folks ,if they dont defend or attack why should they get tokens ,yes its not there fault that no one else joined ,but dont see why anyone gets tokens ?

I can't say you don't have a point there..... 

This is one of the reasons I always thought the Ladder was a bad idea.  Simply because it has too many serious limitations and flaws like this one.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#12 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 01 December 2020 - 09:24

its simple, if u dont want them getting tokens then join their range and defeat them, not their fault you are lazy or unwilling.

edit: theyd prob relish some company :D

Edited by Undjuvion, 01 December 2020 - 09:27.

#13 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 02 December 2020 - 04:57

its simple, if u dont want them getting tokens then join their range and defeat them, not their fault you are lazy or unwilling.

edit: theyd prob relish some company :D

didnt say i didnt want them to get tokens just asking if they do  

5aZzW0p.png,

#14 Tilley10

Tilley10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 02 December 2020 - 05:04

didnt say i didnt want them to get tokens just asking if they do

Yes, they all randomly get assigned an order and then get the tokens for that spot. They all also randomly get dominance ticks between themselves.

#15 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 04 December 2020 - 04:42

Yes, they all randomly get assigned an order and then get the tokens for that spot. They all also randomly get dominance ticks between themselves.

ty tilley all i needed to know

5aZzW0p.png,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: