Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 January 2012 - 20:06

We've seen a lot of feedback on the forum that these skills are disliked. Rather then remove them however, we would prefer to change what they do. If you dislike these skills, what would you like to see them do instead?

#2 vlkfenrir

vlkfenrir

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 20:10

its partially off topic I know but anyway I would like to point that poison isnt affected by defend in the way it should be according to its description.

#3 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 20:11

remove them even ice shard move...

#4 Placeboo

Placeboo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 962 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 19 January 2012 - 20:16

remove poison ice shard and fire blast.

Its the best option ... armor sets are useless now. All armor sets have gone down in value because of this. reverting to old system is the best option

#5 spyders

spyders

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Badge
  • Italy

Posted 19 January 2012 - 20:26

remove poison ice shard and fire blast.

Its the best option ... armor sets are useless now. All armor sets have gone down in value because of this. reverting to old system is the best option

remove them even ice shard move...

all the arena is a bigg confusion...full def and those stupid moves...1 more reason i dont join arena no more

#6 fs_krapstukas

fs_krapstukas
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2012 - 20:30

In my opinion, these 3 shouldnt be removed. All 3 have about 25% chance that they will work. In the beggining, when ICE SHARD had 75% chance of success it was deadly move against armor sets, however in my case, I managed to get this move after reducing it from 75% to 25%...so sad :cry: Today, all have 25%, so it is more difficult to activate them. I tried use all 3 fire blast and poison, however, in 20+ attacks there was no activation of poison or fire blast, while other makes 3/3 fire blast or 2/3 poison succesfully. I would say it is a coin flip between success and fail, but a coin has 50% to get head or tail lol :)

#7 Regonox

Regonox

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 20:31

Don't really have any problems with the skills, they are far from as effective as people often say they are. Hardly ever see a build win with those.
Though maybe arguably Fire Blast hurts armor build too much, but then again they keep throwing deflects anyway and I think that balances it out atm.

Maybe the big question should be, what will we do with the arena in total.
Reshaping many skills would be a nice move imo.
Allot of skills are hardly ever used.
By making more balance in all skills, you will get more diversity in the arena which imo is a good thing.

#8 fs_krapstukas

fs_krapstukas
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2012 - 20:34

2 periods after arena changes when some ppl had lots of victories:

1. Adding ice shard with 75% chance of succes
2. Spin attack did not work against counter attack

cannot remember what was firstly ;) all in all i hate arena at times ;)

#9 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 20:35

In my opinion, these 3 shouldnt be removed. All 3 have about 25% chance that they will work. In the beggining, when ICE SHARD had 75% chance of success it was deadly move against armor sets, however in my case, I managed to get this move after reducing it from 75% to 25%...so sad :cry: Today, all have 25%, so it is more difficult to activate them. I tried use all 3 fire blast and poison, however, in 20+ attacks there was no activation of poison or fire blast, while other makes 3/3 fire blast or 2/3 poison succesfully. I would say it is a coin flip between success and fail, but a coin has 50% to get head or tail lol :)

This moves makes arena unbalanced... Full defense setup with this moves uncounterable ... and its will active for sure if u use 3 fire 3 poison if not then next 10 rounds until ... makes arena stupid and rely only on luck no matter what setup using

#10 fs_krapstukas

fs_krapstukas
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2012 - 20:37

Don't really have any problems with the skills, they are far from as effective as people often say they are. Hardly ever see a build win with those.
Though maybe arguably Fire Blast hurts armor build too much, but then again they keep throwing deflects anyway and I think that balances it out atm.

By making more balance in all skills, you will get more diversity in the arena which imo is a good thing.

+1

I like what you say. Has anyone noticed that Fire Blast against deflect move, is ALWAYS deflected back? Or it happens only for me?

#11 fs_krapstukas

fs_krapstukas
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2012 - 20:42

This moves makes arena unbalanced... Full defense setup with this moves uncounterable ... and its will active for sure if u use 3 fire 3 poison if not then next 10 rounds until ... makes arena stupid and rely only on luck no matter what setup using

Maybe, but with these moves armor setup needs new moves setup. Because it is not enough to use only Piercing strike, Deflect, Counter attack and Power attack. However, using defense/attack/damage requires new ideas too...

#12 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 January 2012 - 20:49

Dead on the money. I never use most of the defensive ones because they get dominated by the few powerful moves.

#13 fs_cobra7781

fs_cobra7781
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2012 - 20:51

i would say keep ice shard the other 2 moves just encourage def packers to use them with crushes and weakens and to be honest its a joke it wipes out sets in no time there is no skill involved just pure luck

#14 fs_ragingwave

fs_ragingwave
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2012 - 20:57

Ice shard is definitely on the same level as poison and fire blast, in terms of annoying-ness. It'd be tough to come up with any other suitable effects, though, unless we were to start diminishing stats other than HP by small factors in small increments... That'd get messy, though.

Might be interesting if they negated other moves, like if poison negated weaken, or something. It'd make some variety in the weaken-crush spamming, for sure.

#15 ludwigo

ludwigo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 21:02

10% chace of poison is really low , fire blast is ok I think and if Ice shard should be removed than pls do something with counter attack skill aswell because its really not fair that it has 100% chance vs spin , power attack , piercing strike , and critical it should be decreased to 25 or 50% as other moves are ,Also its really strange if you failed to activate weakens 5x in a row even it has 50% chance to be activated and i really wonder about 2% chance in arenas where moves are allowed today i was 3times killed on 2nd dmg move (crush power etc) even same previous move miss and weaken was not used by enemy

but would like to say also something positive :D really like decreasing of players in one arena it makes arena more playable , arenas are quicker , even price for some arenas can be lower for a sample 333k for 1milion arena is pretty much in 4players arena i can afford it but many of players cant :D

#16 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 January 2012 - 21:15

The reason that these moves are disliked is that it gives an unusual advantage to high defense players, who don't try to inflict any damage from their designed setups. It brings a high percentage of luck and ease to a battle.

possibility 1: they could be reduced to allowing only 1 poison and 1 fire blast in any tournament.
possibility 2: the moves could incrementally increase the opponent's attack, more than the poison one already does. 15% 25% 35% (just throwing something out there..)
possibility 3: as there are 3 poisons and 3 fire blasts, maybe add the same amount of moves that can deflect them back. 3 deflects which already do the trick, yet add that same deflect function to the Counter Attack moves.

#17 ludwigo

ludwigo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 21:22

Dulcharn if they will do deflect function to CA agains poison you will totally give armor setup much more higher chance to win vs defence even that chance ATM is maybe 75% whole that CA and deflect moves totally advantage armor setups especially on higher levels where is fast impossible to win vs armor setup :D
and if you suggest to reduce one poison and one fireblast per arena than there should be reduction of CA and deflect aswell
and one more thing really dislike CA 100% chance to hit vs spin, PA,PS , critical if you use defence setup

in fact it will be really funny if you can use only one move from each in arena think about it Hoof

#18 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 21:35

Poison: 25% activation when poised you lose 10% of all your stats each turn for 5 turns

Vs Deflect: opponent can deflect this back at you
vs Block: you reduce the poisoning to 5%
vs Defend: poison has no effect
vs Counter Attack: Attacker is poised for double 20% per term
vs Piercing Strike: Opponent is poised for double 20% per term

Fire Blast: 25% activation You reduce your opponents Defense and Armor by 80% however you lose your next combat turn.

Vs Deflect: the blast is deflected back at you and you are burned
Vs Block: the blast is reduced to a 25% loss
Vs Defend: Nothing happens, and you get your next combat
Vs Crush: The opponent loses ALL their Defense and Armor

just my possible suggestions if you want to change the moves

#19 3JS

3JS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 21:59

I strongly disagree. I built a set to test this out, although the term "building" is used loosely. It's a level 400, full defense, no attack at all setup. With 3 fire blasts, 3 poisons, and 3 ice shards, then a crush at the end - I win probably 75-80% of the rounds I'm in with it. I'm beating players who in reality I should never beat with a silly 1 stat set like this. There is absolutely, positively no skill involved in this gear assortment. I went to the FSguide, looked at max defense items, and bought a full set. I started winning immediately. That, in my opinion, is WAYYYYYY too overpowered. With 9 of them in the move setup, I just need 3 of them to work, and make about 15 swings. If this happens, and it usually does, I win and have yet to hit anyone. These 3 moves are terrible for the arena, and need to be sent back to the drawing board.

Maybe, make one of them nullify deflect for "X" amount of swings. Have another one give you an 10% stat boost for the next swing. I'm open to anything, really. As long as it isn't how it is now.

#20 arealus

arealus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 22:31

Keep all moves as they are and just limit use per arena.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: