#1 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 15 December 2015 - 23:11

Most recipes now seem to call for either Ladder or Arena resources plus random drops from assorted monsters throughout the realms.

How about changing it up a bit.

Given that the VAST majority of the chests found randomly contain items that are as much use as a chocolate poker, or an ashtray on a motorbike (EDIT - and, I forgot, for the most part, the chests are hideously expensive to open), how about using THESE items in recipes ?

Not only will it give chests back some value again for those who find them (and can't afford to open them), it will also ensure a very limited supply of the inventable items, thus maintaining their value.

One more thing tho - make OMACAZ NOT work with these recipes - or you will defeat the whole purpose of limiting the supply.

Thoughts ?

Edited by Pardoux, 17 December 2015 - 04:41.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#2 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 15 December 2015 - 23:17

You forgot, 'Screen door on a submarine'.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#3 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 15 December 2015 - 23:21

That said, I noticed that there is another ridiculous inv/inv II 500 potion in one of the "Buy me buy me" potions now.

Seems like HCS have just thrown the inventing side to the wolves if you ask me.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#4 SirAdmiral

SirAdmiral

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 02:28

As they introduce new gear, they need to do start doing some refreshes on some of the existing items to keep them viable.

#5 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 16 December 2015 - 06:28

As they introduce new gear, they need to do start doing some refreshes on some of the existing items to keep them viable.

refreshes on existing items = new items

So when new items are released, you are asking for old items to be turned into new items as well?  :blink: 

What's the point of new items if existing items are to be "refreshed" with the addition of new items? Example: Item #951753 is created at level 1500, and has 2500 Damage. Item #753951 at level 1500 already exists, with 2000 Damage. Does Item #753951 receive a "refresh" of +500 Damage to bring it up to compete with the new item? That just negates the new item.

#6 Morgwyn

Morgwyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 11:17

Or use a complete old set, as components for a new set. That way all the gear stays interesting, provided that the new item is interesting ofcourse. Not just 1 item of this set and 1 item of that set.

As for the idea that started the thread. I think that it is a good idea. But I would like to see other things being worked on first, like the potion inventing. 

#7 SirAdmiral

SirAdmiral

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 16:16

refreshes on existing items = new items

So when new items are released, you are asking for old items to be turned into new items as well? :blink:

What's the point of new items if existing items are to be "refreshed" with the addition of new items? Example: Item #951753 is created at level 1500, and has 2500 Damage. Item #753951 at level 1500 already exists, with 2000 Damage. Does Item #753951 receive a "refresh" of +500 Damage to bring it up to compete with the new item? That just negates the new item.

I get what you're saying, but they don't have to be given the same stats. It' probably a lot less work to just punch in some new numbers for stuff we already have in the database that you can't even give away anymore.

That or what the other person said and crunch em into more new items.

Edited by SirAdmiral, 16 December 2015 - 16:22.

#8 WhoToldYouSo

WhoToldYouSo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 21:39

Maybe also include the items obtained from Temple (Gurgriss and Lindarsil blessings)?

#9 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 December 2015 - 00:06

I honestly feel that creating new gear at low(er) levels would make  the game even more ridiculously easy. I feel the game needs a rebalancing, especially if we keep adding more powerful gear.

Mobs need to be made harder, or stat numbers on existing gear need to be lowered.

Edited by Spitfire666123, 17 December 2015 - 00:06.

#10 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 17 December 2015 - 00:07

Can we keep on topic please ? - as in CHEST contents being used for NEW inventable items ??

Thanks.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#11 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 December 2015 - 00:15

Can we keep on topic please ? - as in CHEST contents being used for NEW inventable items ??

Thanks.

Only if you can invent items at higher levels (2000+). 

My point should be addressed at some point (and it's been ignored for a year since I brought it up originally). The challenge of this game is what brought people together as a community imo.

#12 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 17 December 2015 - 00:48

Only if you can invent items at higher levels (2000+). 

My point should be addressed at some point (and it's been ignored for a year since I brought it up originally). The challenge of this game is what brought people together as a community imo.

There IS no challenge to the game anymore for the most part. If you have access to the best gear and the best potions then it's mind-numbingly easy. The point being tho, not everyone DOES have access to that gear.

Getting back to the point tho, did I mention ANYTHING about creating more overpowered gear ? - I just said that using the chest items in future recipes would limit availabilty and thus maintain some sort of value for those items.

#13 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 December 2015 - 01:08

There IS no challenge to the game anymore for the most part. If you have access to the best gear and the best potions then it's mind-numbingly easy. The point being tho, not everyone DOES have access to that gear.

Getting back to the point tho, did I mention ANYTHING about creating more overpowered gear ? - I just said that using the chest items in future recipes would limit availabilty and thus maintain some sort of value for those items.

If the gear invented isn't more powerful than what is currently available, nobody will make it, though.

#14 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 17 December 2015 - 01:26

If the gear invented isn't more powerful than what is currently available, nobody will make it, though.

Oh, so we stop making gear at Level 2700 then ?

Define more powerful ? - more attack ? - more damage ? - more defence ? - more armour ? - more HP ? - better enhancements ?

Gear can cover a multitude of uses and doesn't have to be a "1 size fits all".

Try levelling up and being stuck with the same gear for hundreds of levels ;). We'd LOVE more options to mix and match ...

#15 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 17 December 2015 - 02:03

Simply being in different item slots can be reason enough to invent something new.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#16 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 December 2015 - 02:06

Oh, so we stop making gear at Level 2700 then ?

Define more powerful ? - more attack ? - more damage ? - more defence ? - more armour ? - more HP ? - better enhancements ?

Gear can cover a multitude of uses and doesn't have to be a "1 size fits all".

Try levelling up and being stuck with the same gear for hundreds of levels ;). We'd LOVE more options to mix and match ...

I did say 2000+... =\

#17 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 02:18

Don't matter what the inventable item will be, really...Pard is talking about the CONCEPT of using Realm Chests Gear on new Recipes for Gears/Potions...And the concept is really good, because those items hold 0 value right now...

#18 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 17 December 2015 - 04:32

Don't matter what the inventable item will be, really...Pard is talking about the CONCEPT of using Realm Chests Gear on new Recipes for Gears/Potions...And the concept is really good, because those items hold 0 value right now...

Thank you - Finally, SOMEONE gets it :) (Other than Doom, n he doesn't count LOL)

#19 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 09:17

Nice idea, Pard, but I'd suggest the "overpowered items" discussion above is actually on-topic because of your almost-forgotten point: the chests are hideously expensive to open, which means that no one will bother to open them unless they are needed to make a hideously expensive item - and items will only be hideously expensive if they have some unusually high stat.

So it may be that this won't give any value to the chests unless it also makes an overpowered item.

Edited by rowbeth, 17 December 2015 - 09:18.

#20 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 17 December 2015 - 11:48

Nice idea, Pard, but I'd suggest the "overpowered items" discussion above is actually on-topic because of your almost-forgotten point: the chests are hideously expensive to open, which means that no one will bother to open them unless they are needed to make a hideously expensive item - and items will only be hideously expensive if they have some unusually high stat.

So it may be that this won't give any value to the chests unless it also makes an overpowered item.

Not necessarily - it just needs to be better than currently available - or in a different item slot that currently available - or with a different alternative stat to currently available. There are so many options ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: