BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:24

Hi all,

This is a major content update, we have just added the following to the game...

- New World Area 'Kluttrock'.

- New Area 'Kluftrock Depths (Hive Entrance)'.
- New Area 'Kluftrock Depths (Hive Core)'.
- New Area 'Kluftrock Depths (Hive Edge)'.
- New Area 'Kluftrock Depths (Rot Hole)'.
- New Area 'Kluftrock Depths (Necro Pit)'.
- New Area 'Kluftrock Depths (Water Hole)'.
- New Area 'Kluftrock Depths (Flooded Depths)'.
- New Area Kluftrock Depths (Cavern Lakes)'.
- New Area 'Kluftrock Bedrock (Fallen Temple)'.
- New Area 'Kluftrock Bedrock (Temple of the Old God)'.
- New Area 'Kluftrock Bedrock (Blacksun Gaol)'.

- 10 New Creatures.
- 2 New 'Champion' Creatures.
- 1 New 'Elite' Creature.

- 10 New 'Common' Items.
- 3 New 'Rare' Items.
- 24 New 'Unique' Items.
- 2 New Item Sets.

- 1 New Portal.

- 1 New Relic.

- 1 New Shop Location.

- New Quest 'Creepy, Crawly, COLOSSAL!'.
- New Quest 'Dark Ascension'.

It is rumored that a new portal to the Kluttrock Depths (Hive Entrance) has been discovered in the Bidlect Caverns (Depths).

A new Feedback thread is open for all who wish to comment!

Enjoy

~The Fallen Sword Team

#2 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:31

When are we gonna get some long, multi update spanning storylines again Grim? Will we ever get those 20, 30, 40 or even 50 level updates ever again? It's not that I'm not grateful for at least something to chuck stamina at, if it's just the same mindless, unrelating 10 levels of random monsters with no cool underlying story I'd rather save my stamina to throw at a GE tbh, at least until my guild REALLY needed the gold. These 10 level updates are probably easier for you guys to manage but honestly, they stopped being fun quite some time ago.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#3 Bizz

Bizz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:42

Once he said that pushing 50+ levels at EOC have no point as players complete them in day or 2 and they spent more time on create that content pack.
Also, it will be nice to get some event base content pack (but not brought old one back :P ) or finally get rest of Epic Quests (don't need for big rewards just finish them).

It's useless knowledge if not shared.

#4 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:45

We will probably see another super update sometime in the future. They take a lot of time to do however and we have a lot being worked on at the moment.

#5 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:47

Yeah no doubt some will push through it ignoring all the quests etc. They have made this problem 100X worse for themselves with the uber potions. That shouldn't mean we never get any lengthy QUALITY content updates though. I'm not saying I'd expect them every single time but come on, It so repetitive and stale right now.

Also Grim if you're reading this, if you want to stop people from smashing through your updates superfast, make quests COMPULSARY. This game isn't full of rocket scientists, hell probably more than half at EoC don't even understand the buffs/dress themselves. Stick in some quests that make them think, make it so they HAVE to be done and people won't just drink their AL, LIB, CON, LF, EW, eleventy five trillion and storm through your content.

Just sayin'...

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#6 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:48

We will probably see another super update sometime in the future. They take a lot of time to do however and we have a lot being worked on at the moment.

Can you turn that 'probably' into a promise Grim?

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#7 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:51

We never get any lengthy QUALITY content updates.

Gee, thanks. I do try to write an interesting story into the quests as best I can. It can get kind tough though, trying to write interesting characters into the storylines.

Can you turn that 'probably' into a promise Grim?

I never promise these things. Players tend to read 'Promise' from anything I type anyway.

#8 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:55

Gee, thanks. I do try to write an interesting story into the quests as best I can. It can get kind tough though, trying to write interesting characters into the storylines.

Wasn't mant as an insult Grim. When you look at some of the longer stuff and then compare it to the average ten levels that gets chucked out there is a huge difference in the quality of quests, design and storytelling, you know that.

(Also you quoted me out of context... Tssk tssk, I actually said, "That shouldn't mean we never get any lengthy QUALITY content updates though." Referring to your comment about players speed blitzing it every time))

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#9 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:58

When you look at some of the longer stuff and then compare it to the average ten levels that gets chucked out there is a huge difference in the quality of quests, design and storytelling, you know that.

;)

Oh, for sure. The big updates like Karthak are really quite enjoyable. I enjoyed testing it and got quite fond of Jamesina and Virmalthorn. But Karthak took several weeks to construct and write. Varkaz did that while I continued to write the Quests coming up to that level, giving him time to focus on it. Like I said though, at the moment, we are super busy here on various things.

#10 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge
  • Netherlands

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:01

When are we gonna get some long, multi update spanning storylines again Grim? Will we ever get those 20, 30, 40 or even 50 level updates ever again? It's not that I'm not grateful for at least something to chuck stamina at, if it's just the same mindless, unrelating 10 levels of random monsters with no cool underlying story I'd rather save my stamina to throw at a GE tbh, at least until my guild REALLY needed the gold. These 10 level updates are probably easier for you guys to manage but honestly, they stopped being fun quite some time ago.

Once he said that pushing 50+ levels at EOC have no point as players complete them in day or 2 and they spent more time on create that content pack.
Also, it will be nice to get some event base content pack (but not brought old one back :P ) or finally get rest of Epic Quests (don't need for big rewards just finish them).

A storyline that includes many dozens of levels (like Xinderoth and Karthak) can also be released in batches of 10 levels.
It might be that some quests will be unable to be completed by the players until the next batch is released and a few more staircases might have to be opened when a next batch is released. But I don't see any problem with a nice big storyline that is released into small chunks so EoC players don't rush through them. 8)

Gathering  Crystal Cutting 49 | Farming 49 | Fishing 49 | Foraging 49 | Forestry 49 | Prospecting 49 | Skinning 49
Crafting  Alchemy 49 | Armorsmithing 49 | Cooking 49 | Jewelry 49 | Leatherworking 49 | Tailoring 49 | Weaponsmithing 49
First person to have maxed them cool.png

Characters (all level 49)
Prophet    
Savanc       Savavita              Savavimala               Mage          Savanhildur    Savashengli    Savahathor
Warrior  
Savy           Savanikomachos   Savafionnchadh       Assassin   Savalina         Savajahangir
Ranger      Savakainda  Savatakoda         Savaraxka               Templar   Savastanislav  Savasegolene

#11 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:01

Even if you can't shift out huge updates, surely you can string them together? Build up some character recognition, a spiralling story, some interesting bad guys. I very rarely even read the creep bios any more if I'm honest. Don't really see the point as it doesn't relate to what I'm doing at all. Frankly you guys miss quite a few tricks, instead of fetch and carry quests all the time. why not have some actul problem solving, clue finding quests. You could even hide fragments of the clues into the creep bios, the relic bio's, the store owners...

Would just be nice if after we do something in the game it has repercussions for a while, not just until the ten levels are up and then the slate gets wiped clean again.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#12 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:07

Would just be nice if after we do something in the game it has repercussions for a while, not just until the ten levels are up and then the slate gets wiped clean again.

I've been trying to keep a bit of a narrative going by having the player continuing to adventure through the various quests and updates alongside the character Egil. The Demon Hunter you met when his buddy was killed by the salt sibasu at level 1421. It's not as easy to come up with these things as you think when you have a certain deadline mate.

#13 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:16

I've been trying to keep a bit of a narrative going by having the player continuing to adventure through the various quests and updates alongside the character Egil. The Demon Hunter you met when his buddy was killed by the salt sibasu at level 1421. It's not as easy to come up with these things as you think when you have a certain deadline mate.

I can imagine it isn't as easy as I think with deadlines etc, but going through content ten levels at time on your own isn't all that different to going through it with a friend. It's the actual 'content' itself that makes it interesting, I dunno, like a big castle, forest, underwater realm, (This is something you said you liked SOOOO long ago but it's never happened) Something that takes up 4-5 updates but would only have to be released a piece at a time.

Maybe you should poll a question, see if people would be willing to wait a little while longer between releases, IF the content released was more involving, harder and generally of a higher quality (Again not an insult, not saying current stuff is rubbish :P It's just not very engaging)

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#14 Celebregil

Celebregil

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 13:19

These 2 quests seem to be inactive. Not in quest book, nor able to start.

#15 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 16:37

@1481 quest location and there is no way to start it, just to confirm the above

#16 PreyDragon

PreyDragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 16:44

Grim I would like you to discuss with hoof the chance to hold a 'Written Quest Competition'. Players would write down quests and HCS could pick a winner and implement it into the game, great way to get players more involved within the game. fellow members and HCS please let me know your thoughts on this idea.

#17 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:57

These 2 quests seem to be inactive. Not in quest book, nor able to start.

D'oh! Fixed.

#18 Yuuzhan

Yuuzhan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 19 September 2012 - 15:15

Do you think you could update the Guide up to levels 1480 Big Grim?

#19 Dowster

Dowster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 368 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 September 2012 - 17:22

I had an idea for EoC that may or may not be useful :lol: . The usual problem with any game that has players waiting at end of content, is the fact that it's hard to add anything that takes a comparibale amount of time to play as it does to complete. Generally speaking players find any quests that are put in to send players back through old existing content as a bit of a cop out, so I was thinking of something a little different

In addition to anything already due to be added - the usual 10 levels, new maps and critters etc. It could be fun to add a quest giver at the very end of each update, ie on the last map, who is a member of some kind of game hunters association, and sets a task to find and kill 20 creatures across the realms. These would be pre existing creatures, and a type would be given - for example, costal and forest dwellers or tundra and plains, subterrainian/cave etc, so only one or two types of map are due to be searched.

The names and levels of the critters would not be given, and the way they would be found is by all EoC players searching all maps of the given type, between them. For each update, 20 random critters (on maps that match type) are labelled as "big game" but only visible as such, to people who have the quest active - and maybe if it's not too tricky to impliment, the big game critters could have pumped up stats to require a decent set up and buffs for EoC players to kill.

Anyone who reaches end of content before the next update, is able to start the quest, and once started the critters will still be labelled as game and killable for that player. But once the next update is applied, the quest giver will move to the new EoC and a new quest with different critters will be given - so anyone who started the quest before the update can still go on and complete it, but that particular selection of creatures will never be available again to anyone else.

For each one that is found killed, and reported back, a quest award can be given and maybe some kind of bigger reward for finding all 20. Also perhaps different rewards for being the 1st, 2nd or 3rd person to get all of them

It could be something to keep people busy between updates, without eating up too much time in the creative and creation process. Just a thought anyways

#20 Yuuzhan

Yuuzhan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 22 September 2012 - 15:48

what drops the "Pox Ridden Bubos"...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font: