Photo

Trappers atoll, an area with great potential. Suggestions for changes!

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 February 2014 - 20:42

Trappers atoll (open world pvp area) for those who don't know is quite a boring place. Yes once we have 50 content the 48 resources will open up, but what then? You can only gather the extremely easy-to-get materials for a short time before you become bored.

The area has a lot of potential to bring hours of fun to pvp orientated players and gathers/roamers. Sadly it seems that the area was added in it's basic form then left so HCS could focus on other aspects of the game and hardware.

This suggestion is to throw some ideas at HCS that (in my opinion) would bring life to the area and create a means of "end-game replayability".

Basic changes:

- Remove the second "save zone" that is deeper in trappers atoll main island.

This safe zone really doesn't make the zone feel risky atall, what's the point of "venturing" deep into island if you are in reach of another safe area. This needs to be removed to make the area "risky" to those who wish to venture deep into the island.

- Add an invisible barrier to the main safezone.

What will this barrier do?

The barrier will stop players who have entered combat going straight back into the safezone, this prevents trolls, safing and griefing.

Once someone has engaged in combat they receive a debuff "fighting" the debuff will prevent them from entering a safezone for 10 seconds, this debuff refreshes everytime you take a hit (ignores poison damage).

To enter the safezone while in combat, you must double click the barrier, and even if you are in combat you will be granted access to the safezone within 10 seconds. So if you are fighting someone, or being run down you can click on the barrier and once the 10 seconds are up (even if you have the fighting debuff on you) you will be allowed to walk into the safezone for the next 1 minute. Once you walk into the safezone this "resets" so you can't keep running in and out.

/ I know this was a lot to take in, but I feel these two suggestions will finally make trappers atoll a more competitive place, rather than a "run in, run out" zone.

Gathering changes:

- Full rework of gathering nodes and a larger main map.

I understand this may take some time, but I think this will create a much better pvp and risky environment.

. Remove all current level 48 nodes from the map.

. In the place of the 48 nodes add a level-increasing resource map.

So when you leave the safe zone, the first chunk of the map you are in will contain all resources that are level 1.

The second chunk of the map (around where the second safezone is currently located) the level 16 resources will be.

Now the map will need to be expanded.

The third chunk of the map will contain the level 32 resources

The final chunk of the map will contain the level 48 resources.

I hope everyone understands that the "further" you venture into Atoll the higher access resources you will have available to you.

(This doesn't necessarily have to be one map strip that you go forward to reach the end, it can be broken off into other islands, where you have to venture across bridges.. etc).

The map design is up to HCS, I have an idea in my head but theres no point in going to detail when I have no idea if such a huge change will go through.

Creature changes:

- Add "new creatures" of the main gathering level increase.

Ok what I mean by this is, add new creatures to the map, preferably branching off into their own different areas. The creatures added (for the beginning) would be level 1, 16, 32 and 48. Each of them would be skinnable.

These creatures would be in huge groups.

Give these creatures unique drops, so that players not looking just to train skinning while gaining valor points can farm them.

Mini-boss caves:

- Add caves that are spread across the maps.

These caves will each contain a miniboss (around the same difficulty of a late-game quest boss). So they are soloable but still difficult.

These minibosses will give the player a 10 minute buff, only active while in trappers atoll.

The minibosses would be levels 1-50? (or 45) depending how you release content.

If you kill a  level 1 miniboss you would receive a level 1 buff.

If you kill a level 50 miniboss you would receive a level 5 buff.

The buffs these minibosses would give could be unique, such as:

- 1% chance to get double the valor when you deposit tokens (level 1).

- 5% chance to get double the tokens from a resource (level 5).

- 3% chance to find some tokens when you are in a non-safe zone (level 3).

Possibly more to come soon (had little time to write this, reserved)

If you disagree with one of my suggestions please provide your reasons in a formal manner. I understand.. how should I put this.. some people are "butthurt" (quoting what others have called me) when I post. I will no longer tolerate being flamed and instead of going along with it and having a laugh I will instantly report any flaming attempt.

Edited by Neon, 09 February 2014 - 02:16.

a5kwtf.png

My YouTube Channel - Click Here

#2 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 February 2014 - 21:23

All sounds like fun  :)

Also with the change coming to gathering, we are now able to halt our animation just by clicking away (I think that is what was posted in update thread by HCS). This will be very good in the atoll situation, as you can instantly stop gathering and fight back against any attacker!

Atoll is still just a free valor farm... or has that changed now? Either way making it more fun could encourage more that are unsure about pvp to go give it a try.

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#3 Crofil

Crofil

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:04

i like it.. at the moment it's pretty dull there..

Crofil - 49  O=(`-`Q)

l0rdka0s - 49 Tank

Ridcully - 49 healer

Liforc - 49 Ranger

Nihilus - 49 Warsin

+ others

#4 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:17

it is probably a bit late for what i was thinking so i never posted it.... but a game i used to play its high level mats was all in locations in the middle of a "mazed type" open pvp area such as trappers atoll. telleporting in any form is dissabled there..

we would have to go in groups and either avoid other players or fight our way threw and it was really fun.. sometimes we'ld have to really stratagise like 3 of us would go we'l and farm/mine then before we left we'ld get 2 friends that wasn't carrying any materials (materials was a droppable item in that game) to lure any players looking to kill for mats away while then we'ld try to make our escape sometimes we'ld get caught and have the 2 decoys rush back and we'ld fight it out sometimes we'ld win sometimes lose but was always fun (albeit at time frustrating but still fun) 

not suggesting that here as people would freak if materials was a droppable item haha.... but i would perfer the other aspects of that system...  the gathering nodes would be in a non pvp area so you can farm/fill up mats safely however you had to go threw the pvp zone to get in and out of the gathering zones.... 

it would require some changes to map aswell as would need to make it so couldn't run streight to the zone portal then run streight out... 

however if they couldn't do any of that i'ld agree with yours fully.

no longer playing so feel free to ignore more (if i even post) just do still follow forums so MAY comment from time to time. 

#5 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:56

i like it.. at the moment it's pretty dull there..

Yeah, not much to do there. 

it is probably a bit late for what i was thinking so i never posted it.... but a game i used to play its high level mats was all in locations in the middle of a "mazed type" open pvp area such as trappers atoll. telleporting in any form is dissabled there..

we would have to go in groups and either avoid other players or fight our way threw and it was really fun.. sometimes we'ld have to really stratagise like 3 of us would go we'l and farm/mine then before we left we'ld get 2 friends that wasn't carrying any materials (materials was a droppable item in that game) to lure any players looking to kill for mats away while then we'ld try to make our escape sometimes we'ld get caught and have the 2 decoys rush back and we'ld fight it out sometimes we'ld win sometimes lose but was always fun (albeit at time frustrating but still fun) 

not suggesting that here as people would freak if materials was a droppable item haha.... but i would perfer the other aspects of that system...  the gathering nodes would be in a non pvp area so you can farm/fill up mats safely however you had to go threw the pvp zone to get in and out of the gathering zones.... 

it would require some changes to map aswell as would need to make it so couldn't run streight to the zone portal then run streight out... 

however if they couldn't do any of that i'ld agree with yours fully.

Hmm not 100% sure what you're counter-suggesting here.

a5kwtf.png

#6 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 03:57

sorry i posted this when half asleep i guess i should had came back to check it after i had some sleep.. lol....

basicaly it would be make atoll have paths so its somewhat like a maze (easy to follow but paths we'ld have to go threw not just one open world we can go anywhere) this would mean pathings would cross others and wouldn't be able to just take obscure routes and avoid everyone.....

have no material nodes there but instead say the center of the maze or land have a few caves you can enter have all mats gatherable there..  

these cave (material zones) are not pvp area's

The material zones have homestone and telleporting dissabled so people have to go threw the pvp zone going to and from the material zones.. we could then gather in piece but will have to fight our way in and out. (that is if others are pvp'ing)

the game i played like this materials was actualy dropped on death wich would make people here rage so wouldn't suggest that (though i'ld personaly like it) but instead give some other rewards for killing players in trappers.

i mean i like your idea too i just think people should be able to do the gathering in piece just have to risk the pvp on the way too and from the gathering locations. 

Edited by awollsd, 13 February 2014 - 03:58.

no longer playing so feel free to ignore more (if i even post) just do still follow forums so MAY comment from time to time. 

#7 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 February 2014 - 14:54

I think you are all leaving out the part where the bugs on trappers atoll need to be fixed before updating anything about it :D As I can kill anyone without them being able to hit me cough HINT cough

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#8 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 13 February 2014 - 15:30

I think you are all leaving out the part where the bugs on trappers atoll need to be fixed before updating anything about it :D As I can kill anyone without them being able to hit me cough HINT cough

What is the bug? If so shouldn't it be posted in the bug reports? Just saying because I don't know of any bugs unless you mean because mage can nuke a target.

a5kwtf.png

#9 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 February 2014 - 15:50

It was reported just over a month ago,and it's still not fixed. Also no,I mean literally you can kill anyone and they can't hit you back at all even if you don't kill them in your first hit you can sit there and they can't target you or hit you back. Big bug I would think? Apparently not.

Edited by HuMoR, 13 February 2014 - 15:51.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#10 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 13 February 2014 - 16:09

It was reported just over a month ago,and it's still not fixed. Also no,I mean literally you can kill anyone and they can't hit you back at all even if you don't kill them in your first hit you can sit there and they can't target you or hit you back. Big bug I would think? Apparently not.

Care to link me to the topic? Or bump it up yourself. Maybe it was lost during a lot of reports.

a5kwtf.png

#11 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 February 2014 - 16:10

It is in a Ticket to HCS as it is exploitable even in safe zones of the world...but yeah if you would like for me to screen shot some for you i'd be glad to lol.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#12 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 13 February 2014 - 16:12

It is in a Ticket to HCS as it is exploitable even in safe zones of the world...but yeah if you would like for me to screen shot some for you i'd be glad to lol.

Well if you've reported it I don't really need to see, if you want to though I am interested in seeing the bug. I've spent a good amount of hours hunting in trappers and have never experienced what you're describing. 

a5kwtf.png

#13 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 February 2014 - 16:18

Well if you've reported it I don't really need to see, if you want to though I am interested in seeing the bug. I've spent a good amount of hours hunting in trappers and have never experienced what you're describing. 

I think that's because it requires thinking outside the box.

6Uz7S.png

All I can disclose without having shown the exploitable way to kill players even outside of pvp island and pvp arena. 

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#14 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 13 February 2014 - 16:30

I think that's because it requires thinking outside the box.

6Uz7S.png

All I can disclose without having shown the exploitable way to kill players even outside of pvp island and pvp arena. 

I guess it only works for select abilities then or you found a secret with it. I've thrown lethal concoctions into the safe area and they've done nothing. But you're right this does need to be addressed, I don't have access to your tickets so I don't know if they replied. But if it's been a while and no reply I suggest making a post in bug reports with the ticket number so they can address it.

a5kwtf.png

#15 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 February 2014 - 16:36

They've responded numerous times,but with this being probably the biggest bug in the game and being thrown on the back burner you can see how I've easily been shown that they have lack of interest in the most important aspects of a game. If I can kill people in pvp and they can't do anything to me or even leave pvp areas and kill people in Eldevin city if I chose to (which I don't) and they can't do anything back,clearly there are problems with that. And yes,there are 3-4 others who know of this bug that helped me to test it and its boundaries. I myself don't play anymore,so there should be little worry if I exploit it. But regardless its only a matter of time before someone who does find it will start abusing it. I talked about this with Glen when I first found it while in the game,and talked to John about it through tickets.

Edited by HuMoR, 13 February 2014 - 16:38.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#16 livingtarget

livingtarget

Senior Programmer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 February 2014 - 16:57

Pretty sure that is no longer possible? Before you actually say that we didn't fix it, did you bother to actually check whether it was fixed?

Both players now need to be in PvP zones before you can attack them.

#17 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 February 2014 - 17:00

I have checked it,and it is still possible.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#18 livingtarget

livingtarget

Senior Programmer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 February 2014 - 17:00

I have checked it,and it is still possible.

When did you check it considering you don't play the game?

#19 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 February 2014 - 17:02

Look at my last log in to the game,(this last update). So unless it was hot fixed since then,i'm guessing this is still a problem.

Also this might be a good hint to start doing full descriptions and full detailed labels and info on patch notes as those patches come out.

Edited by HuMoR, 13 February 2014 - 17:05.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#20 livingtarget

livingtarget

Senior Programmer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 February 2014 - 17:08

Look at my last log in to the game,(this last update). So unless it was hot fixed since then,i'm guessing this is still a problem.

Also this might be a good hint to start doing full descriptions and full detailed labels and info on patch notes as those patches come out.

I'll link you to the patch notes: http://forums.hunted...ic=62056&hl=PvP

It was in the patch notes that doesn't need to be any more detailed does it? "PvP now requires both players to be in a PvP zone" that is as clear as it gets.

I'll go and check the server and see if it's broken myself now.

Edit: Tested on the "last update" and it is fixed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: