Community Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 August 2018 - 10:59

Hi everyone!

We'd like to invite all of our Fallen Sword players along to our new Hunted Cow Discord server at: https://discord.huntedcow.com

All of our games have their own section on the server, with Fallen Sword having it's own General channel and Game Help channel.  The General channel is where you can discuss all things Fallen Sword, from guild recruitment to game content.  The Game Help channel is where you can post any questions you may have about the game, or share your favourite game tips with other players!

When you join us on Discord, please be sure to read over the rules to ensure that you understand what you can and can't do on the server. :)  If you have any questions, please ask them here or on the server itself.

Please note that you will need to create a Support ticket if you require help with a specific game or account issue.

#2 wazzimoto

wazzimoto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 14 August 2018 - 11:05

Do we register with new info or use our existing info?  :)

aUcTiOnS  ---->   Check out my current auctions here!

WazziSig1_zps86dd99f5.png

#3 Zue

Zue

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 August 2018 - 11:33

Do we register with new info or use our existing info?  :)

I don't see why you shouldn't be able to use your existing account, if you have one! :) 

#4 Roach

Roach

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 14 August 2018 - 12:58

what is discord ?

why do i need it? 

does it replace the forums ? 

can i go on with my happy life without it?

#5 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 14 August 2018 - 14:14

At the risk of sounding, well, like a grumpy old coot, it seems to solve a problem that doesn't exist.  I DID sign in and check it out.  All it appeared to be was a glorified version of chat.

#6 Corrupted

Corrupted

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Dominican Republic

Posted 14 August 2018 - 14:21

Discord is the big thing for large gaming communities. Usually good for large scale games where constant communication is integral to gameplay.

I don't think it would really replace anything that we do in game since everything is pretty laid out in here.

I must say, it will be interesting to see if they communicate more in a third party app than in the Forums or in game. Currently we see Grim occasionally on Forum posts, And other staff on app related posts for the most part.

Is this going to change with Discord? Are we to see more prominent interaction from the Devs on this app?

#7 Zue

Zue

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 August 2018 - 15:13

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the feedback!  ^_^

If Discord isn't for you then that's completely fine, but we feel it will build a stronger community in all of our games, with more engagement on our part. Our developers may also be able to answer your questions when they aren't too busy with their usual work (but please don't expect this!). 

We do also plan to hold some giveaways, along with other fun events for everyone to take part in.  Overall, it's just a more efficient way to communicate with each other!

#8 RedFinn

RedFinn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 16:28

I didnt know we needed another platform for our posts to be ignored and ideas/opinions to be ridiculed by fellow gamers.

But thanks!

eFqM9lD.gif

#9 Corrupted

Corrupted

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Dominican Republic

Posted 14 August 2018 - 16:35

I find the idea to be refreshing, and totally something relevant if the playerbase grows at one point. I will personally be looking forward to joining if the activity warrants it.

I must say this. The population of the game is not really all tech-y, as shown by the responses here. I feel like we have great communication tools in game in the FSBox, Shoutbox, Tavern Rumours and the News to communicate any possible giveaways or small events.

Most players communicate thru Global chat Also. At least I feel like we could keep things within the game itself without having much issue. :)

#10 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 19:11

All of our games have their own section on the server, with Fallen Sword having it's own General channel and Game Help channel.  The General channel is where you can discuss all things Fallen Sword, from guild recuitment to game content.  The Game Help channel is where you can post any questions you may have about the game, or share your favourite game tips with other players!

Sorry, not seeing the benefit of another third party system. 

Are you planning on adding much-needed labor resources (see below)?

If Discord isn't for you then that's completely fine, but we feel it will build a stronger community in all of our games, with more engagement on our part. Our developers may also be able to answer your questions when they aren't too busy with their usual work (but please don't expect this!). 

If they're too busy now, how will amplifying their work load through an additional third party system help?

I read, "more engagement on our part (...) please don't expect this". 

BG... now you've got something else to patrol? Really?

We do also plan to hold some giveaways, along with other fun events for everyone to take part in. 

Really hoping these are offered in game and are not a bifurcation to a third party system making all of us players having to check yet another outlet to see what is going on. 

Overall, it's just a more efficient way to communicate with each other!

Could you explain how this would be more efficient? What are the benefits above and beyond the inadequate system previously in place?

I'd be all for it... if I believed it.

Constructive criticism:

Sorry, I think players do "relatively" well in communicating what's going on through methods already in place. 

Unfortunately, newer players are left out of the information loop, something I definitely think, given current concentration on the app, that the cows should be preparing for.

Even long-term players such as myself are often stuck when the game goes down... hoping that one of the "chosen few" with direct access to Hoof comes on and decides it's worthwhile to bother the poor guy to fix a major situation in the midnight hour.

The communication issues are, in my eye, cow-based. Creating a third party system for all players to also access is not a solution unless there are cow reinforcements to back this up.

I see current HCS employees now having an additional workload they have to keep track of. And, they are already "busy, busy". 

As a player, it is already ridiculous the number of sources we have to check to try and see if things are being taken care of. It's also a huge waste of "cow power" that an HCS employee has to constantly say, "we're aware of the issue". Clearly communicating the game issues to the entire game community from the game itself would save a huge amount of waste in HCS resources in repetitious answers to the exact same concern.

My advice: organize and consolidate, don't bifurcate. 

#11 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 19:40

didn't the cows used to skype with players? or was it IRC

i'm trying to remember the reason why they stopped 

too busy, i guess

Edited by duktayp, 14 August 2018 - 19:41.

#12 RedFinn

RedFinn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 19:44

didn't the cows used to skype with players? or was it IRC

i'm trying to remember the reason why they stopped 

too busy, i guess

Dunno about skype, but they hung out in FallenSword IRC a few times, when it was up and running.

eFqM9lD.gif

#13 Corrupted

Corrupted

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Dominican Republic

Posted 14 August 2018 - 20:21

I have to agree with Egami. I feel that if anything is to be done about increasing player interaction, it should be done in game or in these forums.

It's a great idea in concept to connect with other people, but... We already have that in our existing platforms.

I have noticed that you're also allowing item sales and guild recruiting in said server, but this is widely prohibited inside the Global in chat in game. Is there any reason for the rule inconsistency?

#14 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 14 August 2018 - 20:59

i would have liked to have seen this added to global chat, so people could click a headset button to listen, a mic button to talk, as it is, this seems segregated from the game so i prob wont use it, if u guys think it is a good thing, im all for it tho, i do think it will be good for some tho, maybe many :-)

#15 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 14 August 2018 - 21:26

have used it on other games ,but as said before by others not sure if it works for fs ,but we will see

Edited by activeh1, 14 August 2018 - 21:26.

5aZzW0p.png,

#16 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 22:15

I'll take the veteran tag TYVM

#17 PointyHair

PointyHair

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 22:26

It's horses for courses folks. Personally I prefer Discord. I can have it alongside my game window. I don't have to specifically go into global chat, it's just there and I can pay attention if I want to. IMHO it's a smoother experience, less friction.

#18 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 22:58

K i just went checked it out

as you can imagine, it's mostly a stream of live lulz complain fest dominated by a few

All of our games have their own section on the server

i see new earth, FS, eldevin ... and "other"  :(

#19 Rasputin

Rasputin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 04:12

So ummmm sorry but if I am lost or crazy for thinking about this, but what is the point of a discord without a voice channel? I got excited to hear all your wonderful voices but now I am let down.

Also another question, can we type in languages  other than English in the discord or is this another English only chat just like the in game world chat?

Edited by Rasputin, 15 August 2018 - 04:28.

Rasputin17.jpg 

#20 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 11:48

Personally consider this is following Game chat very similar posting   that ultimately drove people from it. I had myself blocked from game chat to avoid it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: