39 replies to this topic

#1 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 22:41

Would be interesting if the same concept for personal DQ was mimicked for guilds just on a bigger scale. Rewards could be guild gold/fsp/rp/special buff packages or upgrades towards special/unique structures etc. Most of the code's already there would be an easy add.

Edited by EpicPiety, 02 November 2017 - 22:52.

#2 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 00:53

I do like this. well parts of it. 

This part,,,"Would be interesting if the same concept for personal DQ was mimicked for guilds just on a bigger scale. " HELLS yes! We already compare our personal quests at reset, some folks who happen to be leveling help others who get the break item quest. Someone usually hits the mystic ivy store and we have even worked together doing 400 or whatever hits on a titan quest to clean up one somebody secured. 

"Rewards could be guild gold/fsp",,, not gonna happen
Rp,,,, maybe but if so lets coincide it with the hinted at ATA additions so it can go for new RP stuff too. 
special buff packs,, would be cool if they are standalone and not available on RP (and hinted at the possibility of additions there too,, again ATA. )
Structures,, not sure how that would work. Once you have it why would you do that quest again?
(tho more on that later)
achievements,,,comming soon! (ATA XD) But I meant the guild part, that was a neat little way to work together and never really got anything but the first set. There is a lot of potential for guild quests here!

I want to expand a bit with a couple suggestions I would like to add to this concept. One thing that is really sticking out to me is the "rarity" of personal quests already! I would suggest 2 things I think would be a neat way to make guild quests.

1. That once a day a guild gets a guild sized quest. In addition to a minimum number of players required to complete it there should be something that requires coordination as well as teamwork. This can range from a common quest to legendary. There should be minimum number required participants tantamount to the reward (more on that in a sec). but also a sliding scale so even solo guilds are not left out. 
As a suggestion I had in mind a new set of rewards. Obtainable on guild page and available for 24 hours after redeemed I woud love to see a new "slot" a guild banner. Suggestion is something like a field generator in SS2 a minor boost to gear buff that scaled to the players level. I think this would most of all encourage the kind of activity and teamwork this concept could bring. As mentioned before I would like to see them scaled by rarity too with legendary or epic ones bing something very special indeed. If the extra slot idea is too much or not feasable with game mechanics then perhaps just a buff? A banner, even an icon next to your guild name would be something people would take pride in having every day.

2 that (suggested example) 6 times a day randomly an announcement is made and a guild quest is announced. The first guild to make the achievement (and im thinking in terms of mini global or titan only the guild could get to kinda activity) gets a reward. With this any reward would do but I had a thought that guild quest tokens would be a nice addition. These would be in rarity like composing and link to the rarity of the quest. They could be turned in for gear that comes tagged, is in several levels and includes the guild name a part of its name (if its easy to link a " " in the gears name so the players guild shows again hope im not asking the impossible). everything (I know I ask fora lot!) from common offline sets to a new set of epics could be in the realm of possibility.

Hope perhaps others can help expand on what is a very nice concept of guild quests.And I hope someone read it and put it on a post it note on their screen,,, for ATA

#3 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 01:01

You would continue doing the quests to upgrade them. There should be multiple and it should take a good year/2 of persistence to max them. If your going to add minimum number of participants it should be relevant to active ~2 day and guild size. I was thinking the quests be guild unique meaning other guilds have various others but i'm open to anything. If every guild got hunt 10000 titans you can see the problem it poses. Believe this will further help every aspect in the game. The gvgers will be happy because there will be more action. The pvper's will be happy because there will be more bounties/action the titan hunters will be happy because titan's are getting cleaned etc. Arena will move quicker.

Edited by EpicPiety, 03 November 2017 - 01:05.

#4 Emperor Sidd

Emperor Sidd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 11:54

Yes please ! 

Also if you don't mind me suggesting, If HCS does go ahead with it, can we please have quests or guild achievement system with unknown rewards. I'm about 20 days away from being back for a full year and I still haven't done 90 DQs LOL. If i don't feel the reward is worth my effort I don't even touch it. I can't tell you how many times i haven't walked 400 units for 600-700 stam. I personally see myself doing it more often just because there is a chance it could be reserve stam or Bp slot. 

Like kill X amount of Undead creatures in 14 days. Random unknown reward could be temporary achievement badge which gives +5 - 10 % hp  or + 400 Xp gain or + 50% mastercrafter for 7 days.

I don't know how HCS feels about negatives but have a badge that reduced opponents stat would also make things interesting.  

#5 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,829 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 November 2017 - 12:21

Oooooooooo! There's some nice ideas here fellas! I like it! Keep it going. This is something I'd defo bring to Hoofmaster's attention!

~ Grim

#6 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 03 November 2017 - 17:43

I'd be all over this as long as the "difficulty" factor was scaled to guild size - or, preferably, active guild member numbers...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#7 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,829 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 November 2017 - 17:49

I'd be all over this as long as the "difficulty" factor was scaled to guild size - or, preferably, active guild member numbers...

I'm all for counting only active Guild members. I still want the Top Guild list to only include active members too.

~ Grim

#8 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 03 November 2017 - 18:33

I'm all for counting only active Guild members. I still want the Top Guild list to only include active members too.

~ Grim

All top lists should only include currently active members.  Statistics cannot be accurate if they include players long gone, can they?

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#9 MadameC

MadameC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 22:25

All top lists should only include currently active members.  Statistics cannot be accurate if they include players long gone, can they?

+1

#10 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 23:13

I forgot to mention yes difficulty relative to active members yes yes good. In theory if HCS did want to add unique structures as a reward what would they be and how do you reckon they be upgraded? You reckon you should earn guild structure point's and can pick and choose what one to upgrade? Or should you have to complete say a LE/Epic guild quest to unlock a specific one and then from there on you can earn generic structure points to pick and choose which ones to upgrade? Also what should they consist of? Should they cost gold or some sort of guild daily specific currency for upkeep. Should they even have upkeep at all?

Edited by EpicPiety, 03 November 2017 - 23:26.

#11 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 02:47

Structures could make its own post (and maybe a post for new structure suggestions should be made) but specific to this concept I was thinking,,,
One you have to get just to do these quests,,, sure we all would hate it but for every give there should be a take and gold sink works here. In return that struct  will keep track of whatever the quests end up being and who did what to contribute to it. Its not like other upkeep ones are that much!
Depending on how these quests could turn out maybe a structure is part of the rewards.
And looking at them all I had a couple thoughts for here! 
There are a couple structs that can give 150% and more but not all. Many would be a fine reward for ,,24 hours if the guild got the quest done. This could be pretty fun and even in a kind of rarity of its own,, a common quest like invent 1k items for 150% master craft for a day to epical things like the fury shrine at +10 (but only when cast on guildmates) or even another +5 to the endurance for that day. Granted im thinking about something like a global for a guild kind of effort but still things that we would get together to do! Random structure buffs would throw a neat mix into all parts of the game and be well worth getting together to earn them. 
On the subject of participation and minimum participation. I think a fair way to create a field is to go by guild level. There are restrictions for level to invent things. Titans and other things are level based and it will encourage players to go to larger more active guilds (I hope these quests will help there too) as well as participating in the game itself Perhaps the common level quests open at level 100 and go up from there in this way everyone still participates but at least in this aspect its better to have more members and level. Solo guilds, GvG squad guilds and,, well especially seasonal hunting ones have a place where its best for them already so it balances. And makes it a little more of a tough choice to leave. 

#12 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 07:01

I was thinking we could have a guild god/goddess.  Upgrades would dependent on guild quest activity.  More activity provides growth and additional function, decreases in activity start degradation, which can delevel the god/goddess.  Function could be a simple pray feature, with gold and FSP options.  It could be where to receive the guild quest and confirm progress.  Maybe this prayer could deliver a random RP pack buff, strength and duration determined by gold or FSP donation. Proceeds can go into a fund dedicated to manual upgrades determined by guild council members with the appropriate permissions.

Edited by BadPenny, 04 November 2017 - 07:06.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#13 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 07:19

This game doesn't need anymore gold sinks there is plenty. One of which being the biggest is lack of EoC levels.

#14 Emperor Sidd

Emperor Sidd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 07:30

I forgot to mention yes difficulty relative to active members yes yes good. In theory if HCS did want to add unique structures as a reward what would they be and how do you reckon they be upgraded? You reckon you should earn guild structure point's and can pick and choose what one to upgrade? Or should you have to complete say a LE/Epic guild quest to unlock a specific one and then from there on you can earn generic structure points to pick and choose which ones to upgrade? Also what should they consist of? Should they cost gold or some sort of guild daily specific currency for upkeep. Should they even have upkeep at all?

The structures is good but I think temporary rewards i.e. bonuses or structure that only lasts a few days would be better for activity. Having a structure that gives you an advantage over the rest of the game is worth working for again and again as a guild. Different week different bonus. Though if it were not temporary and to be upgrade-able it will throw the game off balance, guilds that are more dedicated will have become unbeatable if the bonus lets say is a stat bonus or a negative modifier for opponents. No quest rewards have an upkeep, why should a structure the guild members worked for cost, its a reward right ? 

#15 Emperor Sidd

Emperor Sidd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 07:50

I was thinking we could have a guild god/goddess.  Upgrades would dependent on guild quest activity.  More activity provides growth and additional function, decreases in activity start degradation, which can delevel the god/goddess.  Function could be a simple pray feature, with gold and FSP options.  It could be where to receive the guild quest and confirm progress.  Maybe this prayer could deliver a random RP pack buff, strength and duration determined by gold or FSP donation. Proceeds can go into a fund dedicated to manual upgrades determined by guild council members with the appropriate permissions.

No donation aspect please, the whole guild system works like that already. We or lets say I want it to be able doing something. If its similar to the DQ system it will make guilds you never see titan hunting, hunt titans and members can either learn a new aspect of the game, rekindle an old passion or realize they are good at it. 

Say target is kill 500 SEs in 7-14 days.  In a guild with 100 people that's finding 4-5 on one day of the week and you helped and even if you are level one with the help of groups you can kill the low level SEs. 

Say target is win 1000 PvP in 7-14 days. Remember if you are a peaceful guild/player, you only have to do it if you want reward but you could achieve it with 100 members spending 100 stam each. There's potential for educating members about setups and buffs etc.

Make the rewards worth it like - 10 % attack on opponents and people or some at least will surely put in the work and if the work is dynamic and makes them play/ experience different parts of the game you never know how active it can make the game.

Like the titan hunting example above, if you have never touched titans before, you guild members will let u know they are visible on map, use teleport and LF and titan doubler. You can go after the titans left for clean up and assist towards the goal. It doesn't have to be hard i.e. you don't have to compete for cow right away lol. If you like hunting titans or get good at it, more titan activity for the game and if not, at least its helping out with clean ups and leading to more titan spawn/sightings.

Edited by SiddXIV, 04 November 2017 - 07:54.

#16 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 12:45

erm, Penny don't do titans.... That aspect of the game is not viable on a mobile platform, simply because it's impossible to move on the map correctly if expanded enough to see the darned thing to begin with (something that needs to be addressed BTA, btw, cows)

And I'm not saying a huge donation, Maybe 100 gold and 1 FSP to pray, and then only for the optional blessings.  Maybe there could be a default blessing for free based on level that each player receives along with the quest.

Face it, dear, more people donate a series of 1 gold over and over to get the medal.  I remember a while back a few guilds dying because members weren't donating enough for structure upkeep.....

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#17 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 16:40

Like this idea without thinking about it too much, but have little hope.

Perhaps we could, after the app (acronym avoided since I've been warned) of course, have HCS compile a list of all things that have been "talked about with Hoof" and help HCS decide what's more important from a community standpoint.

Def a nice thought EP, as BG said. 

#18 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 04 November 2017 - 23:29

Like this idea without thinking about it too much, but have little hope.

Perhaps we could, after the app (acronym avoided since I've been warned) of course, have HCS compile a list of all things that have been "talked about with Hoof" and help HCS decide what's more important from a community standpoint.

Def a nice thought EP, as BG said. 

Don't hold your breath ;)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#19 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 21:21

It is my thought there is a bunch of already existing code and someone can dedicate a day or two to adding this feature. The app can wait a day or two for this. It is my thought this will greatly improve game play and satisfaction.

Edited by EpicPiety, 05 November 2017 - 21:22.

#20 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 06 November 2017 - 06:13

just a quick question how would this help guilds with 3 or 5 players in it ?

5aZzW0p.png,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: