Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge
  • Netherlands

Posted 16 September 2011 - 10:14

Savanc, if you use a single piece of a set to get full set setup, does this count as full setup to?

I think douglasj thought you meant set bonus. So his answers are correct regarding set bonuses (you'll need to wear a full set to get its set bonus), but CoorA works a bit differently.

If you're talking about CoorA, then you need to wear only items that are part of a set. It doesn't matter if you wear all the items of a set or just 9 items that each are part of a set, but they aren't part of the same set.
SH only looks at full sets and it doesn't mind if you wear some non-set items on the side.

[*:c1hniq6b]The 500 setup you mentioned has 3 full sets so it will get a bonus from CoorA (8.75%) and from SH (3x 8.75% = 26.25%). So you'll get a total bonus of 35%.
[*:c1hniq6b]A setup with 9 items that each belongs to a set, but they don't belong to the same set will get you a bonus of 8.75% from CoorA and none from SH.
[*:c1hniq6b]A setup like your current 575 one (3 sets + Ring of Limjarrin) will get you no bonus from CoorA (because Limjarrin isn't a set item) and 3x 8.75% = 26.25% from SH.

#22 koenvdv

koenvdv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Badge
  • Belgium

Posted 16 September 2011 - 10:18

Savanc, if you use a single piece of a set to get full set setup, does this count as full setup to?

If you're talking about CoorA, then you need to wear only items that are part of a set. It doesn't matter if you wear all the items of a set or just 9 items that each are part of a set, but they aren't part of the same set.
SH only looks at full sets and it doesn't mind if you wear some non-set items on the side.

[*:nesrlg0f]The 500 setup you mentioned has 3 full sets so it will get a bonus from CoorA (8.75%) and from SH (3x 8.75% = 26.25%). So you'll get a total bonus of 35%.
[*:nesrlg0f]A setup with 9 items that each belongs to a set, but they don't belong to the same set will get you a bonus of 8.75% from CoorA and none from SH.
[*:nesrlg0f]A setup like your current 575 one (3 sets + Ring of Limjarrin) will get you no bonus from CoorA (because Limjarrin isn't a set item) and 3x 8.75% = 26.25% from SH.

Thanks, Coordinated Attack setup option added to level 575 setup.

#23 douglasj

douglasj

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 10:22

*Face Palm* Sorry i thought you mean Set Bonuses, yeh Savanc is right.

#24 koenvdv

koenvdv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Badge
  • Belgium

Posted 16 September 2011 - 11:46

What is the level 750 Dawn Chomper set bonus?

#25 fs_peyrhon

fs_peyrhon
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2011 - 11:58

What is the level 750 Dawn Chomper set bonus?

+690 Defense
+1040 Damage

#26 koenvdv

koenvdv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Badge
  • Belgium

Posted 16 September 2011 - 12:23

I'v put together a level 750 setup:

750 damage
Dusk Chomper Set 2590
Dawn Chomper Set 3120
illuyanka set 2440
Reborn Elemental Blade of Fire 1700
Ring of Gasrel 1087

Do you think this is the best setup? It is great for using EW and SH.

#27 kalish

kalish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 13:20

In a (somewhat) related question, do "plus X% damage" buffs work additively, or are they multiplicative?

For example, with a big enough kill streak, Death Dealer adds 20% to damage. Also, let's say I have a 10% relic bonus to damage. Does this add 30% to damage (gotten by adding 20% and 10%), or 32% (gotten by multiplying 1.2 and 1.1)?

With only DD and relics, the difference is small. But let's say you have DD, 10% relic, 3 sets for Smashing Hammer, and Coordinated Attack going. That would be damage bonuses of 20%, 10%, 26.25%, and 8.75% respectively. Additively, this would add 65% damage, but if you multiply instead, you get just over 81% extra damage.

#28 LLAP

LLAP

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 13:28

Level 710 Volkers Set :roll:
Beats Dusk set..

#29 fs_johe71

fs_johe71
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2011 - 13:46

you get just over 81% extra damage.

or 84.5% if Smashing Hammer itself works multiplicative and not additively :)

#30 LLAP

LLAP

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 13:53

you get just over 81% extra damage.

or 84.5% if Smashing Hammer itself works multiplicative and not additively :)

But FS rounds up so 85%

#31 Scathian

Scathian

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 13:54

In a (somewhat) related question, do "plus X% damage" buffs work additively, or are they multiplicative?

For example, with a big enough kill streak, Death Dealer adds 20% to damage. Also, let's say I have a 10% relic bonus to damage. Does this add 30% to damage (gotten by adding 20% and 10%), or 32% (gotten by multiplying 1.2 and 1.1)?

With only DD and relics, the difference is small. But let's say you have DD, 10% relic, 3 sets for Smashing Hammer, and Coordinated Attack going. That would be damage bonuses of 20%, 10%, 26.25%, and 8.75% respectively. Additively, this would add 65% damage, but if you multiply instead, you get just over 81% extra damage.

relics, COORD and SHAM all get added to your profile damage damage. then DD then CA are added (in that order IIRC) in combat. ... that doesn't really answer your question though. let me go find a thread.. bbs

another set for lv 750
Kifos, Dawn Chomper, Dusk Chomper or Volkers (volkers is much better, but much more expensive) for COORD use wraiths ring (not the full name), Yojimbos helm, and King Zelrokhs boots. If you are not using COORD then use the tsuki helm (or Helmet of Comizhar) ring of gasrel, and boots of aeroni.
or use Volkers, Dawn Chomper, Ormarrs and Livias with Smashing hammer and coordinated att (much better than either version of the above set)

#32 3JS

3JS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 14:05

relics, COORD and SHAM all get added to your profile damage damage. then DD then CA are added (in that order IIRC) in combat. ... that doesn't really answer your question though. let me go find a thread.. bbs

another set for lv 750
Kifos, Dawn Chomper, Dusk Chomper or Volkers (volkers is much better, but much more expensive) for COORD use wraiths ring (not the full name), Yojimbos helm, and King Zelrokhs boots. If you are not using COORD then use the tsuki helm (or Helmet of Comizhar) ring of gasrel, and boots of aeroni.

The set I use is:

Volkers set
Ormarrs set
Dawn Chomper set
Wraiths touch bone ring
King Zelrokhs boots
Meidos rune

This set gets over 25K damage with EW1500 and the new buffs. The downside is that it's pretty pricey. To counter that you can farm the ring, boots, and rune. The volkers set you can now win in the arena, along with the components needed for the ormarrs set.

#33 kalish

kalish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 14:19

Right now I'm trying to put together a set for level 710-749. The best I've come up with is:

Phellans set
Volkers set
Ormarrs set
Twisted Cherub Amethyst Band
Colvis Boots

With Fury 175, Berserk 368, EW 1575, EA 175, DD, Smashing Hammer, Coordinated Attack, and a 5% relic bonus, I'm getting 23825 damage, assuming the percentages are additive (worst-case scenario).

It would get even easier (maybe able to drop Coordinated Attack) if I use a distilled Giant's Vigor Potion, allowing me to equip the Dawn Chomper set at level 729. 8)

Edit: my math was off; I was double-counting something. Fixed now.

#34 Scathian

Scathian

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 17:48

Giants Vigor potion is actually great Vigor 1000, not mighty vigor

#35 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 19:40

In the many times I have releveled between 300 and 350 this has never done me wrong,,,even better now with SH

destroyer
sabertooth
chill boots
steamwork
ivar rune

at 325 replace sabertooth with demon queen

6000 damage

if you have the means heres a 4 set combo
sekhs
augith
ivar
bahamut

nearly 8k damage with SH and other buffs

also if you have the means Ripple uses this for 200 pvp and leveling
Fush
night branch
witches

a 3 set combo with SH and coord atk will get 4500 damage

#36 kalish

kalish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 19:57

Giants Vigor potion is actually great Vigor 1000, not mighty vigor

Oops. :oops:

Well, the Volkers/Ormarrs/Phellans/Colvis Boots/Twisted Cherub Amethyst Band setup was actually good enough to 1-hit level 721 today (barely), which has the highest needed damage from 710-749, so I wouldn't need to equip Dawn Chomper early. Unfortunately, to get to that 1-hit damage, I needed EW 1575, IF 175, and ES 175. Even then I had a few hits that didn't quite kill the mob.

#37 fs_liuskoj

fs_liuskoj
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2011 - 20:10

@350 the best damage setup probably is

sabertooth + octo + green spine + bahmou, ursa sword probably beats hammer but not 100% sure.

300-350 I'd say

sabertooth + sekhs + bahmou + skallys + hammer + ivar rune

not sure if this one is the best possible, but that's what I've been using.

edit: 350 set gives over 10k dmg without DD, the 300 one ~8k.

#38 fs_scrogger

fs_scrogger
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2011 - 21:15

For 400 all the way till brides set I will be using Argus, Crushing fist ring and Ammit. (doth blades are also a viable option but I prefer all the armor I get in order to survive a dodge or miss etc. The damage is ridiculous to be honest and I only use SH, Coatt and basic buffs. No need for EW1k or 1500 at all.

#39 fs_penfold83

fs_penfold83
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2011 - 22:14

For 400 all the way till brides set I will be using Argus, Crushing fist ring and Ammit. (doth blades are also a viable option but I prefer all the armor I get in order to survive a dodge or miss etc. The damage is ridiculous to be honest and I only use SH, Coatt and basic buffs. No need for EW1k or 1500 at all.

I found octo spine, crushing fist and fill in with argus better.

edit: but i do like hunting with min buffs, ie wither 350, ew1500, rec, al, am, con, db 1200, defiance, all pots distiled of course and then swapping items when needing the extra attack or using ke. done this since lvl 400 never looked back and gaining just as much xp as if i was using every buff and pot under the sun.

#40 rhann123

rhann123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 16 September 2011 - 22:50

Level 600+
Takeos Set
Yojimbos Set
Sekhs Set
Demon Queen Set
Illuyankas Finned Boots

Level 680+
Kifos Set
Yojimbos Set
Sekhs Set
Demon Queen Set
Illuyankas Finned Boots

Not sure about all the stats on these. But with SH and other top buffs you can get around 19,000+ Damage with nice Defense and Attack stats.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: