288 replies to this topic

#1 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 14:41

Well, this have been suggested in some arena threads before long time and was interested by players..

I believe this will increase activity in arena aspect and reduce player's frustration

There will be 2 ways to collect tokens
1.Lose final you obtain 1 token
2.Every 10 tourneys reaching semi final you obtain 1 token

Add "Arena shop" just like pvp ladder shop

Add the potions currently spawn in arena or new potions and make them going for 20 token each

Maybe add current resources with higher tokens price

Any thoughts are welcome :)

*Edited*

#2 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 25 August 2012 - 14:53

I like the idea as i do believe many people are put off from playing the arena as they know they face the same people in the finals a lot of the time so figure there is no point.

+1 from me

#3 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 25 August 2012 - 15:07

i dont play the arena so much cos it seems like work a lot of days and it almost drives me mental to see DEFEATED in my log anymore, but i would wager not only my interest but some others would perk up at least a little and throw some gold on the table for some tokens, sounds interesting maybe even fun.

winner takes it all but wimbledon for example the runner up gets a plate, silly example i know and they get a good deal of cash too but...

#4 KitiaraLi

KitiaraLi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Denmark

Posted 25 August 2012 - 15:40

I actually like the idea. Needs a little work for sure, but the idea might bring more ppl into the arena aspect of the game, as they can benefit, even if they don't win alot.

Oh, and as long as HCS doesn't get arena tokens confused with ladder tokens :wink:

No one can deny that we changed this game and influenced it in such a way that NO ONE could compete with us.. so much so that they changed the rules. ~Abhorrence, chosen founder of Cerulean Sins

#5 Dillan2332

Dillan2332

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 16:28

great idea :)

#6 koenvdv

koenvdv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Badge
  • Belgium

Posted 25 August 2012 - 17:17

It's just frustrating to loose from the same persons over and over again and you got no choice but face them as they are in all arenas. If I didn't want the medal this bad I would have left arenas asside to never return.

#7 sandra1988

sandra1988

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 18:16

Thumbs up!
Always a good idea to reward people who participate.

#8 Dillan2332

Dillan2332

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 18:29

I keep losin by the top arena players over and over again. no variety. no1 else joins arena except the same players which is just annoyin now. needs to do somethin for a change

#9 Wesleysdf

Wesleysdf

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 18:49

I keep losin by the top arena players over and over again. no variety. no1 else joins arena except the same players which is just annoyin now. needs to do somethin for a change

Same here :/

#10 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 25 August 2012 - 21:23

Maybe if the proposal excludes folk who already have arena medals.... otherwise, it's just another way of them getting more reward.

Keep something like that until a player has at least got a bronze medal (or maybe silver) and sure - it'll increase activity.

#11 koenvdv

koenvdv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Badge
  • Belgium

Posted 25 August 2012 - 22:37

Maybe if the proposal excludes folk who already have arena medals.... otherwise, it's just another way of them getting more reward.

Keep something like that until a player has at least got a bronze medal (or maybe silver) and sure - it'll increase activity.

He doesn't want more rewards, he just wants to change the reward system. You'll have to win tokens in arena's. First place will get x arena tokens depending on the join cost and all others get 1 token for joining.

With these tokens you can then buy the rewards you want ... or you could introduce a Wheel of Fortune that costs tokens to spin.

#12 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 August 2012 - 22:42

I also applaud the idea!
I think being in the finals of a tournament is enough to earn a token. Passing the 1st round for grabbing tokens, however, will be abused though by multis and guildies. At least when you get to the finals you deserve a pat on the back! :D

#13 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 25 August 2012 - 22:42

He doesn't want more rewards, he just wants to change the reward system. You'll have to win tokens in arena's. First place will get x arena tokens depending on the join cost and all others get 1 token for joining.

With these tokens you can then buy the rewards you want ... or you could introduce a Wheel of Fortune that costs tokens to spin.

It would all depend on the exchange rate then I suppose, because awarding tokens will allow ALL players to accumulate them, albeit, admittedly, at different rates.

It has potential tho ..

But, given it's called PvP ARENA tho, awarding prizes for "also-rans" seems odd. Did gladiators get rewarded when they lost ? LOL.

#14 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 22:44

or you could introduce a Wheel of Fortune that costs tokens to spin.

That's be fun wheel of fortune cost x tokens to spin and get random arena reward :) good idea , but not sure if HC's would like thing like this...

#15 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 22:46

But, given it's called PvP ARENA tho, awarding prizes for "also-rans" seems odd. Did gladiators get rewarded when they lost ? LOL.

Do you have any idea to make arena faster ? its not real life tho :)

#16 koenvdv

koenvdv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Badge
  • Belgium

Posted 25 August 2012 - 22:53

True,

Instead of giving them all a reward you could give 1 token to all players who won int the pre-final rounds. Even if it is only to keep them motivated.

#17 vegasmark

vegasmark

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 23:42

Well, this have been suggested in some arena threads before long time and was interested by players..

I believe this will increase activity in arena aspect and reduce player's frustration

There will be 2 ways to collect tokens
1.Reach final lose or win you obtain 1 token
2.Every 10 tourneys you join with passing first round you obtain 1 token

Add "Arena shop" just like pvp ladder shop

Add the potions currently spawn in arena or new potions and make them going for 20 token each

Maybe add current resources with higher tokens price

Any thoughts are welcome :)

+1 What a great idea to bring and KEEP new players in the PvP arenas. Not a full reward unless it is a full win. Make this for potions and resources so everyone gets a chance at the good stuff.

Another suggestion: We can exchange gold for FSP and FSP for gold. Why cant we exchange PvP ladder tokens for gold? Loyalty tokens for gold? Would it be feasible to make and exchange rate of PvP or loyalty tokes for Arena tokes?

#18 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 00:25

Do you have any idea to make arena faster ? its not real life tho :)

Yes i do actually . Remove the silly moves system and replace them with buffs.The arena dominance by the few would vanish over night .

#19 2good4u222

2good4u222

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 00:28

I like the idea, but the winner should not receive tokens, as they are winning any way

#20 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 26 August 2012 - 00:35

Another suggestion: We can exchange gold for FSP and FSP for gold. Why cant we exchange PvP ladder tokens for gold? Loyalty tokens for gold? Would it be feasible to make and exchange rate of PvP or loyalty tokes for Arena tokes?

The value of gold/fsp rises and declines with player demand/need and also with the amount of fsp in game. PvP tokens however fluctuate on a wider scale as they can be used to make MANY items. There could be no set cost/ per token. Also,exchanging one token for a different token defeats the purpose of *participation* in said aspect of the game. If someone want's something, for themselves, either buy it ( which admittedly some cannot afford) OR go out and earn it themselves by participating in that aspect.

Shin's idea could promote more interest in the arena, which is a good thing. Personally I find the moves and 2% rule absurd, So until that changes, even with these tokens as suggested, I still won't bother with the arena.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: