Photo

Brewing Custom Potions (Composing)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
299 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you like this idea? (401 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like this idea?

1. Voted Yes (375 votes [93.52%])

Percentage of vote: 93.52%

2. Voted No (26 votes [6.48%])

Percentage of vote: 6.48%

Vote

#21 fs_billybob0

fs_billybob0
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2013 - 00:54

Very neat idea, can't wait to see it in effect.

#22 Xed

Xed
  • United States of America

Posted 08 January 2013 - 00:55

This sounds like a amazing idea.

Would love his to be definitely implemented and the potions SHOULD NOT be bound :P

Xed.gif

Xed's Graphic Shoppe: http://forums.hunted...graphic-shoppe/

#23 badillo

badillo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 00:56

I like the idea,and would try it..I'm online alot and could use something to do when waiting on stamina....your imagination is your limit

#24 krypt118

krypt118

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 00:57

Just Do It :P

#25 goolsby7

goolsby7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 00:57

I do wonder though if the part about engaging the EOC players is going to work if they don't have anywhere to go with their new potion.

an amazing idea, but i agree with this :o
maybe make different skills available at different levels of potionmaking? :o
--------

keep in mind this next part would make this take longer....

however, if we make them bound, but make a second form of AH, we could make them unbound. take the combat level system (+/- 5 lvs ect.) and apply it to the level of potion made :o

for example:
person makes a potion at potionmaking 20, sells it in the brewing market. a person with potionmaking of 15-25 could buy it :D

this gives EOC players (if it scaled like the combat system does) a way to get more into this new skill.

EDIT:

Another good idea would to let us decide if we want to bound them.

this could make some blocked skills "unlockable"

Gold / Kill peaks at about Level 310 or so - and then drops again twice - once at 1601 (from average 300g / kill with no doubler/mer/th to 250g / kill) and then again at at 1626 (down another 50g / kill to an average of 200g / kill)

#26 fs_billybob0

fs_billybob0
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2013 - 00:58

#27 aa0007

aa0007

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,379 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 08 January 2013 - 00:59

slightly unrelated, take a look at the active members in the forum:

Posted Image

Close to 110. Wish we saw more life like this more often :D.

#28 goolsby7

goolsby7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 00:59

this could make some blocked skills "unlockable"

Gold / Kill peaks at about Level 310 or so - and then drops again twice - once at 1601 (from average 300g / kill with no doubler/mer/th to 250g / kill) and then again at at 1626 (down another 50g / kill to an average of 200g / kill)

#29 fs_wolfspaw

fs_wolfspaw
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:01

I like the idea, but can easily see it becoming too common or causing a drastic shift in game econ depending on implementation. On the other hand, I figure I could manage to acquire decent gold for a shield imp/doubler potion. I also know that some folks use the shout box to advertise they're online and offering buffs for "so much gold".... I'd call it a toss up, but wouldn't mind seeing how it turns out.

For me, personally, I'd have to go with the pots being auction-able to be of use. At the moment, I'm just sitting and accumulating gold for the new gold upgrades and inflating my bank.

Blixen had a couple decent ideas, reflect complexity/power of the potion in its duration, possibly.

#30 onray24

onray24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:02

it dose sound good a way to create the buffs you need to hunt pvp gvg and titan hunting and i think they should be bound the bad part is it might drop the price of pots in the ah to the point no one will be willing to make them or to make it a little harder make it like the skill tree you can do multi but only on the bracket for your level in the skill

#31 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:03

Very good idea :) excited to try it but PLEASE keep potions bound would be best for game.... And the medal thing would be cool LOVE shiney new medals :)

#32 dowuones

dowuones

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:07

While i see something interesting in this idea, ive a question:
do we really need to complicate the game? We have so many potions that probably 99% of us know only a small part them.

If its something to make very very few buffs level 175 become a potion to have them distilled, it might work, if we start to see level 300, 400, 500 potions im afraid it will get things worse...

There is already a part of very addicted players in FS, a solid base, what we miss are the large number of "casual" players we used to have.

Powerful potions only increase the gap between them.

#33 Thiudimir

Thiudimir

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:08

Initial reaction: I like the concept. Will try to put some additional thought into it, and give more constructive feedback when I can.

Also: I see no reason why it's a strict binary of all bound or all unbound. Why not allow some of these potions to be sold via the AH, and some not? I can't say that I'd have the time/resources/energy to brew my own potions, but I might be interested in paying someone else to brew them for me.

#34 goatboy888

goatboy888

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:09

Does seem interesting, I think this will be good for another reason. It seems rather obvious that many sets, be it rare, SE, or even older legendaries, simply have no place in the game anymore. Epics, and the addition of future epics, will only concrete this even more. This will be a way one could eliminate clutter, get rid of old sets that flood the marketplace, and make use for items otherwise unused such as common/rare. I would never set my preference to allow me to pick up gear from creatures... there's no point unless i could turn the gear into something else. I like it :)

Cheers,
Goatboy

#35 kimbo

kimbo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Philippines

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:11

New innovations creates excitement and add Thrills..So lets DO IT, HCS :))

#36 Needlethee

Needlethee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:13

This is a Great idea. I agree lets keep them bound for now. I like the idea of being able to add slots (maybe like component slots that we have now) to be able to brew more than one item at a time. There should also be an option to be a able to speed up or instant brew by either with another invented brew or gold or? I also like the idea of using common, rare or unique items that correspond to what you are trying to brew. Maybe also think about new buffs that work with brewing.

#37 sareth

sareth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:16

i hope this is gonna be cheap deal not spending 100fsp worth gold to invent reckoning 500

#38 DirtyChick

DirtyChick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:17

This idea gets a 'Thumbs Up' from me IF the potions are Bound.

To have the opportunity to brew potions which compliment my gear and level-up point allocations does kinda excite me :oops:

Launch this idea as unbound potions and you are making a mockery of the term 'Custom', in my opinion.

This should be something that a character can customise for personal use only, that way it diversifies individual characters which in turn changes the dynamics of gameplay in an interesting way. Allow 'Merchants/Inventors' to mass produce & trade such potions equates to just another 'run of the mill' aspect that upgraded characters can further profit from at the expense of new players and becomes boring very quickly.

Lovely idea Hoof, I have my fingers crossed that you make the right decision.

#39 Splash

Splash

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:20

How would the tokens work? E.g If we are going to need 100 common tokens to brew a potion, then where will they be stored? Would we have to use them all at once, or could we gradually throw them in the pot and then brew once we have enough?

Needs ironing out, but the idea in general is good. @Bound/un-bound ~ Who the hell cares. Make some of them bound and some of them un-bound.

#40 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:26

Like the idea! an idea for thought for epic potion or upgrade ... would like to see a once or twice a year full stam reset upgrade or monthly even. Example u have 20,000 stam, u spend all of your stam . using the reset potion/button would give u full stam again ,not sure what u what the charge for the upgrade, just an idea ! Not unlimited , but 1-12 times a calendar year.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: