Photo

Backpack Backpack .. Yeah!

• Please log in to reply
318 replies to this topic

Poll: Are you For or Against This Idea .. (282 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you For or Against This Idea ..

1. Voted Yay (265 votes [93.97%])

Percentage of vote: 93.97%

2. Voted Nay (17 votes [6.03%])

Percentage of vote: 6.03%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:34

for gear I know what page it is on by level for recipes I know what folder it is in by type...NOT needed. and yes i have umpteen hundreds of items as well.

#22 grimnok

grimnok

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 16:44

for gear I know what page it is on by level for recipes I know what folder it is in by type...NOT needed. and yes i have umpteen hundreds of items as well.

It's not really a matter of finding specific items. It's when you have hundreds of items, you want to browse your weapons/runes/rings/etc. And that can only partially be done now if you simply buy folders for each type; and is still not as good as guild store, and an enormous waste of gold.

#23 UrcK

UrcK

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 January 2013 - 20:18

If it needs to be a gold sink i would gladly pay for it as an upgrade ..

#24 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:12

Kitty bumps the thread.
Posted Image

#25 KitiaraLi

KitiaraLi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Denmark

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:46

I agree on the not NEEDED part, but as another player with umpteen hundreds of items, I could see it make my everyday life easier to add filters, more items per page etc etc.

To OP; Similar suggestions was brought up back when the moo moos changed the appearance of the guild store, and they said they give it a looksie. Sadly, a moo moo memory is a no no memory :roll:

No one can deny that we changed this game and influenced it in such a way that NO ONE could compete with us.. so much so that they changed the rules. ~Abhorrence, chosen founder of Cerulean Sins

#26 UrcK

UrcK

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:11

My thinking was with the old Guild Store looking/operating like the BackPack .. that this could easily be implimented ... I would hate to think that this isnt getting the press it should simply because who i am .. yes i would use this .. but my intentions are for this to benefit each and every player in the game .. moreso however, for those that have invested whatever means to expand thier Player Backpack .. And i wont mention the BP issue reverting back to page one of the folder when using potions until this has been shot down officially ,lol.

Nanoo, Nanoo

#27 Placeboo

Placeboo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:07

Would be nice to have larger viewable backpack at once , ie 25-30 items on one page

#28 aa0007

aa0007

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,379 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:55

I'd say to make it available only to players with BPs of 10 pages or larger, ie 120 spaces (including defaults) or larger.

More cash for HCS, and rich players are happy, and poor players wouldn't care anyways :P.

#29 Nappeh

Nappeh

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:15

I like it, well done boss! ^5

#30 PXT

PXT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:19

MY 2.3 cents worth. Make your BP like the Guild Report so you can see it ALL on 1 (for some players with a GABILLION BP Slots) never ending scrolling page sorted by level with Potions 1st, Bound Items 2nd and Gear 3rd. If you have 500 bpslots it has to be maddening to try and find anything..I don't but I can image..

Excellent Topic to discuss and really needs to be fixed IMO..Thanks UrcK
PXT

#31 aa0007

aa0007

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,379 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:31

MY 2.3 cents worth. Make your BP like the Guild Report so you can see it ALL on 1 (for some players with a GABILLION BP Slots) never ending scrolling page sorted by level with Potions 1st, Bound Items 2nd and Gear 3rd. If you have 500 bpslots it has to be maddening to try and find anything..I don't but I can image..

Excellent Topic to discuss and really needs to be fixed IMO..Thanks UrcK

Especially when they're all full, and you've got 100 pieces of gear in the AH as well, lol.

#32 Wesleysdf

Wesleysdf

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:32

Good idea, but I would rather see things like the new buffs and personal achievements coming first

#33 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:33

I'm sure this was brought up before, when the guild store was changed, and Hoof was in favour. I suspect the reason nothing came of it was the loss of a gold sink in the folders we currently have.

My solution to that would be to have the tabs on this type of BP to be buyable in the same way that folders are and allow us to name those tabs similarly. No pretty icons with this. No refunds for folders bought already (just transfer all current folders as they are to the new BP). We get to organise our BP as we prefer rather than just by item type.

The mouseover right click menu should become wear / drop / extract / move. Move could be by drag and drop.

Shouldn't be that difficult to do as the majority of the coding must already be in place.

#34 Weapon4war

Weapon4war

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:33

A pretty good idea for a Towel! :lol:

Let's do it!

#35 aa0007

aa0007

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,379 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:34

Good idea, but I would rather see things like the new buffs and personal achievements coming first

Thing is, they probably just need to copy paste code (and update a bit of HTML) to get it to work. With my rudimentary knowledge of programming, afaik they've got some sort of database for each guild, I'd assume the same for each player. Since they were both the same originally, the database type should be equivalent, and if the code takes that type already (and converts it to ajaxified code), then there really shouldn't be a problem, except making it fit in the current BP area.

#36 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:37

except making it fit in the current BP area.

Make it accessable from the left side character menu and display on ant page in the same way as the guild store does. (Less loading time for profile pages :) )

#37 UrcK

UrcK

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:40

I'm sure this was brought up before, when the guild store was changed, and Hoof was in favour. I suspect the reason nothing came of it was the loss of a gold sink in the folders we currently have.

My solution to that would be to have the tabs on this type of BP to be buyable in the same way that folders are and allow us to name those tabs similarly. No pretty icons with this. No refunds for folders bought already (just transfer all current folders as they are to the new BP). We get to organise our BP as we prefer rather than just by item type.

The mouseover right click menu should become wear / drop / extract / move. Move could be by drag and drop.

Shouldn't be that difficult to do as the majority of the coding must already be in place.

I reseached long and hard before i made this topic.. i found no evidence of prior mentioning .. notsaying it doesnt exist .. but i could not find it ..

And ofc no refunds on purchased folders .. and i got 10 of those ..

#38 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:57

Yay on this ! Maybe make it a backpack option - on/off toggle in the fshelper menu.

omg have this song in my head now ..nooooo.. thanks kids:)

#39 UrcK

UrcK

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:00

Yay on this ! Maybe make it a backpack option - on/off toggle in the fshelper menu.

omg have this song in my head now ..nooooo.. thanks kids:)

Not everyone uses FSH ...

#40 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:06

@OP, I'm not sure everyone has 100's of BPs. so I don't see page after page of the same resource. but some additional sorting features couldn't hurt, but should cost gold. no free lunch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: