BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,813 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:40

Hi there Everyone.

We now have a list of upcoming buffs that we'll be adding to the game. Some of these will be for the Skill Trees but others will be potion specific.

The list is as follows :

1. Buff enhancer: for every 50 points in the skill it adds 5 points to the buffs cast after. Would not work with Merchant or Treasure Hunter. (Potion only maybe?)

2. Armored Strike : 0.1% per point chance that your armor stat is reduced to zero and your damage is double

3. Brute Strength : For every 50 points allocated in this skill, your enchant item abilities, fury and berserk buffs are increased by 10 levels.

4. Trendy : +0.03% per point to all stats for each common item worn

5. Pride : Add duration epic potion every medal in player's bio.

6. Block : small chance that a player will take 0 damage in a combat round

8. Armor booster : +0.05% per point to your armor for each complete set equipped.

9. Gold foot : 0.05% per point Chance to consume 1000 gold instead of 1 stamina while moving.

10. Encouraging talk : 0.2% per point increase in mercenary stats when hired.

11. Warcry : 0.2% per points increase in group stats. (Only PvE)

12. Immobilise Titan : +0.1% per point chance for titan not to move.

13. Buff Master II: Increases the maximum percentage (above 100%) of the Fury Caster enhancement by .1% per point for half an hour.

14. Swift Strike : .1% chance to strike first when another player initiated the fight (pvp)

15. Perfection : buff to give a chance of a craftable item being crafted perfect when invented.

16. Deft Hands : At level 175, has a 10% chance on doubling the effects of the thievery enhancement. Master thief will not be affected by this. (pvp only)

18. Allied Frenzy : (Assist really needs some tweaking) .A chance Assist will work with a player within +/-100 levels from you.

19. Heavy Weight : Adds 0.1% Damage per point when having a certain amount of gold in hand. (suggest 1000g per level).

20. Lady Luck : chance for a double roll on RNG for an item drop. Does not fire if conserve or death wish activates. Does not mean 2 drops are possible. Just an extra chance at getting a drop.

21. Divine Glory : Holy Flame style buff for demon classed creatures.

22. Short Circuit : Ignite or Holy flame style buff for Mechanical and Golem classed creatures.

23. Artful Bandit : PvP buff for the attacker, 3x gold stolen if MT does not fire, 2/3rd reduction of normal xp loss to target chance of causing no xp loss. Always fires when cast, annotated in log message to the target. If the target does not lose xp they may not bounty the hit. Chance of the no xp loss is based on level of buff.

24. Quick Attack : Increases the maximum percentage (above 100%) of the First Strike enhancement by +0.2% per point.

25. Greed : Increases the maximum percentage (above 100%) of the Master Thief enhancement by +0.1% per point.

26. Hardened : 0.05% per point chance to prevent your opponent activating Shatter Armor.

27. Anchored : 0.05% per point Damage is added to HP.

28. Guild Berserker : Increase the effectiveness of first strike, nullify or etc enhancements in GvG only.

29. Guild Saboteur : Decreases the effectiveness of the deflect, last ditch or etc buffs in GvG only.

30. Croak : 0.2% increase to max green skin slayer enhancement

31. Cloudy Inventor : Increases the maximum percentage (above 100%) of the Master Inventor enhancement by +0.2% per point.

32. Cloud Crafter : Increases the maximum percentage (above 100%) of the Master Crafter enhancement by +0.2% per point.

33. Epic Craft : +0.5% per point increase to Craft stat bonuses.

34. Shield Wall :+0.1% per point to your defense for each complete set equipped.

35. Guild Buffer : x% of chance to spend 50% stamina buffing guild members.

36. All For One : 0.1% per point increase to the SE set bonus stats.

37. Titan Slayer : +0.2% per point reduction of damage, attack, defence and armor to Titans.

38. Vitality : +0.1% per point added to your HP for each complete set equipped.

39. Precision Strike - grants an 0.1% increase per point in XP gained when the hit that kills a monster is less than 10% more than what was needed. Rewards precise tuning of gear to monster.

40. Precision Hit - grants a 0.1% increase per point in gold stolen when the hit that defeats the target player is less than 10% more than what was needed. Same general idea.

These are the buffs we'll be introducing. We welcome your constructive feedback regarding activation percentages.

There are other buffs still picked out of the original thread that we have noted down. They may still make the grade for future Buff upgrades.

~ The Fallen Sword Team.

#2 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:57

17. Artificer : Increases the maximum percentage (above 100%) of the Master Inventor enhancement by +0.2% per point.
31. Cloudy Inventor : Increases the maximum percentage (above 100%) of the Master Inventor enhancement by +0.2% per point.

:)

#3 iut044

iut044

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:58

9. Gold foot : 0.05% per point Chance to consume 1000 gold instead of 1 stamina while moving.

what will happen if you have no gold ?

37. Titan Slayer : +0.2% per point reduction of damage, attack, defence and armor to Titans.

way to powerful it would make titans to easy

#4 yadiday

yadiday

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:01

1. Buff enhancer: for every 50 points in the skill it adds 5 points to the buffs cast after. Would not work with Merchant or Treasure Hunter. (Potion only maybe?)

I like that :-)
13:52 21/Jun/2013 You have just been awarded a Silver Fragmenter medal!

#5 savipats

savipats

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:02

17. Artificer : Increases the maximum percentage (above 100%) of the Master Inventor enhancement by +0.2% per point.

:)

7. Defence booster : +0.05% per point to your Defense for each complete set equipped.
34. Shield Wall :+0.1% per point to your defense for each complete set equipped.

also pretty similar :?

#6 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:03

Sweet! Any idea when these would be released?

As for feed back, I'm curious if:

Buff enhancer ( boost buffs by 15 levels @ level 150) will stack with brute strength ( boost enchant and fury berserk buffs by 30 levels @ 150)

Ie:

Would certain buffs be boosted by 45 levels? Making them level 220?

Also how would an increase to fury caster ( buff master II ) work into the equation? Would it boost skills even further as well?

I love the pvp related buffs especially defense and armor booster, except for the idea that when there is 0 xp loss a player can't be bountied.( 23: Artful Bandit )

A PvP hit is a PvP hit, bountyable ( in my opinion)

7. Defence booster : +0.05% per point to your Defense for each complete set equipped.

8. Armor booster : +0.05% per point to your armor for each complete set equipped.

Two of the same buffs there ;)

LOVE the SE bonus boost and the precision buffs.

Vitality seems interesting if It's calculated after SC? But before wither and ageless ;)

Edit: Also If fury and berserk buffs can be boosted by 30 levels couldnt other *level point* related buffs as well? Rage, rockskin, AOP, etc etc? ;)

#7 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:03

19. Heavy Weight : Adds 0.1% Damage per point when having a certain amount of gold in hand. (suggest 1000g per level).

5000g per level :!:

#8 Wesleysdf

Wesleysdf

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:04

Big no to these new titan buffs (imobilize and titan status reducer) if you guys are planning on releasing them only for the End of Content dudes

Or either put it as a fair minimum required level or as potion would be my suggestion

#9 ladyjudith

ladyjudith

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:04

:P wonderful work like always thank you

#10 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,813 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:05

D'oh!

Removed duplicates.

#11 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:08

Big no to these new titan buffs (imobilize and titan status reducer) if you guys are planning on releasing them only for the End of Content dudes

Or either put it as a fair minimum required level or as potion would be my suggestion

Some of these will be potion only. :)

#12 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:19

Yeah that might be better - we're still tweaking the numbers as we implement and test them :)

#13 Denyza

Denyza

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • Indonesia

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:19

Need Tweaks:
1. Buff enhancer: Potion Only
5. Pride : Cute, but only useful to a very small amount of user.
7. Defence booster : Good, but overlaps with Coord Defense.
8. Armor booster : Good, but overlaps with Coord Defense

Probably Not Needed:
4. Trendy : Does not look good. Breaks Smashing Hammer, Coord Att, and Coord Def. And would also breaks new buffs like Defence Booster and Armor Booster.
6. Block : Overlaps with Force Shield. Doesn't look needed.
18. Allied Frenzy : Useless unless Assist gets a much higher activation chance.
19. Heavy Weight : This is a double-edge sword. It could encourage people to sell their gold at higher rate to reduce their gold fast after each hit.
23. Artful Bandit : So you're saying with this buff, attackers not only get 3 times more gold but also a chance to escape bounties? If it does, I would have to disagree with this buff.
24. Quick Attack : Overlaps with Swift Strike. First Strike is already strong as it is.
34. Shield Wall : Looks like a clone of Defense Booster.
39. Precision Strike: Looks useless. Complete opposite of the concept of hunting in FS, which is gets as much damage as you can. It probably support only Arterial Strike, but breaks all damage enhancing buffs.

The rests looks fine to me.

LastSignature_zps9cb1e771.jpg

#14 yadiday

yadiday

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:21

You know that when you get to 1600 - it means you'll hold 8 mil for that ?

....why not %tage the amount ? :
if i have 50% of that gold - i have 50% of the entitled damage ?
13:52 21/Jun/2013 You have just been awarded a Silver Fragmenter medal!

#15 thisple

thisple

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:35

I love it!

Would be a nice little shake up to make things interesting for awhile :-)

#16 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:36

Hi there Everyone.

We now have a list of upcoming buffs that we'll be adding to the game. Some of these will be for the Skill Trees but others will be potion specific.

The list is as follows :

Yes potion would be cool(Not Inventable)

2. Armored Strike : 0.1% per point chance that your armor stat is reduced to zero and your damage is double
Nope because there's no entrench cast-able buff like nightmare visage and it will give big advantage for defensive setups too much. unless you make this buff only for creatures NOT PvP.

3. Brute Strength : For every 50 points allocated in this skill, your enchant item abilities, fury and berserk buffs are increased by 10 levels.
Not bad one maybe include Rage buff with these?

4. Trendy : +0.03% per point to all stats for each common item worn
.03% seems low maybe .05 could work.

5. Pride : Add duration epic potion every medal in player's bio.
Good one but make it for all potions .. as epic potions mostly for leveling..

6. Block : small chance that a player will take 0 damage in a combat round
Please No more pvp buffs work by chance

Great

hehe this buff i suggested :) i like it

10. Encouraging talk : 0.2% per point increase in mercenary stats when hired.
Not sure about this .. Its already easy to solo super elites.

11. Warcry : 0.2% per points increase in group stats. (Only PvE)
Same as above but could be helpful for poor low level players guilds

12. Immobilise Titan : +0.1% per point chance for titan not to move.
Great

13. Buff Master II: Increases the maximum percentage (above 100%) of the Fury Caster enhancement by .1% per point for half an hour.
Good

14. Swift Strike : .1% chance to strike first when another player initiated the fight (pvp)
Good buff for defender but make it long duration

15. Perfection : buff to give a chance of a craftable item being crafted perfect when invented.
Good

16. Deft Hands : At level 175, has a 10% chance on doubling the effects of the thievery enhancement. Master thief will not be affected by this. (pvp only)
Seems very little chance but good for double stolen gold

18. Allied Frenzy : (Assist really needs some tweaking) .A chance Assist will work with a player within +/-100 levels from you.
Don't know about this maybe tweak Assist buff we have already.

I like this but why everything bonus damage ? i'd say .05% to all stats

20. Lady Luck : chance for a double roll on RNG for an item drop. Does not fire if conserve or death wish activates. Does not mean 2 drops are possible. Just an extra chance at getting a drop.
Great

21. Divine Glory : Holy Flame style buff for demon classed creatures.
Not needed Creatures already easy to kill

22. Short Circuit : Ignite or Holy flame style buff for Mechanical and Golem classed creatures.
same as above

23. Artful Bandit : PvP buff for the attacker, 3x gold stolen if MT does not fire, 2/3rd reduction of normal xp loss to target chance of causing no xp loss. Always fires when cast, annotated in log message to the target. If the target does not lose xp they may not bounty the hit. Chance of the no xp loss is based on level of buff.
Cool buff

24. Quick Attack : Increases the maximum percentage (above 100%) of the First Strike enhancement by +0.2% per point.
Not needed if we got Swift Strike buff

25. Greed : Increases the maximum percentage (above 100%) of the Master Thief enhancement by +0.1% per point.
Good

26. Hardened : 0.05% per point chance to prevent your opponent activating Shatter Armor.
Its already very little chance to active shatter armor.. no need for this i'd say.

27. Anchored : 0.05% per point Damage is added to HP.
Good

28. Guild Berserker : Increase the effectiveness of first strike, nullify or etc enhancements in GvG only.
Maybe make structure for this better.

29. Guild Saboteur : Decreases the effectiveness of the deflect, last ditch or etc buffs in GvG only.
Same as above

30. Croak : 0.2% increase to max green skin slayer enhancement
I Don't like buffs increase certain enhancements for pve or pvp.. it just increase randomness

No please that will kill value of everything inventable..

32. Cloud Crafter : Increases the maximum percentage (above 100%) of the Master Crafter enhancement by +0.2% per point.
Not bad

33. Epic Craft : +0.5% per point increase to Craft stat bonuses.
Good one

Why Armor booster bonus+0.05% per point?? you must be in love with defensive sets ? :P No please for this

35. Guild Buffer : x% of chance to spend 50% stamina buffing guild members.
Good

36. All For One : 0.1% per point increase to the SE set bonus stats.
Great this one i suggested too :D

They are easy to kill already maybe .1% could be fine

38. Vitality : +0.1% per point added to your HP for each complete set equipped.
Cool

39. Precision Strike - grants an 0.1% increase per point in XP gained when the hit that kills a monster is less than 10% more than what was needed. Rewards precise tuning of gear to monster.
Not bad

40. Precision Hit - grants a 0.1% increase per point in gold stolen when the hit that defeats the target player is less than 10% more than what was needed. Same general idea.
Seems complicated general idea and waste of skill tree?

#17 vamunre

vamunre

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:38

Wonder if 1 of them were supposed to be for epics?

Many people asked for that type of buff including myself. Would make epics offline more useful besides stamina gain.

#18 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:49

Wonder if 1 of them were supposed to be for epics?

Many people asked for that type of buff including myself. Would make epics offline more useful besides stamina gain.

Its duplicate.. but would be cool if he remove shield Wall and kept Defence booster

#19 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 12 February 2013 - 13:02

On the whole some interesting buffs I look forward to using. I do have some strong concerns about several buffs that I think will create an unfairness in the game that is not unlike the use of scripts, just now it will be legal.

My prime concern is for the IMMOBILIZER TITAN BUFF, and to a lesser degree the buff reducing a titan's stats.

If this "immobilizer" is made a very low level buff, then okay or if a comment from Hoof in this thread is definite and that this will be a potion.

If not, here are my concerns:
a) Guilds could easily decide to not apply this buff outside their guild when they are titan hunting. That is their right - it's individual choice, but we've never had a buff that truly could decide the outcome of a titan hunt.

B) We have also never had a buff that could create discord amongst players, nor one that makes people feel less able to compete with others.

All of this can also in a sense be said of the titan stat reducer buff, but we can at least battle that with other buffs and pots, so as I think on it, I guess that's okay, and this is only really an issue when you're pushing your personal level limits on a titan.

It appears these buffs are ready to go and the immobilizer buff, but I sincerely hope HCS reconsiders this particular buff. I look at this buff and see it as one that was put forth for selfish motives only. Sorry to ramble, but I feel strongly on this.

On somewhat similar note, in regards to the ARTFUL BANDIT buff, I don't think it fits our fair play/sportsmanship to say that a 3x gold hit is not a bounty-able hit.

#20 fs_peyrhon

fs_peyrhon
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2013 - 13:09

Is there a possibility that before adding new buffs, you give the skill tree a shake? The tree has never made much sense to me. I have always thought that the tree should be aligned so that you can choose a path that makes the most sense with regards to how you play. As a leveler, there are so many skills that are completely useless to me, which I am 'rewarded' with as I level. I would rather be able to put points in to the skills I want (with prerequisites) then have points sitting useless because I could care less about inventing skills, pvp skills, etc.

If you want to keep the level/skill reward thing going, stagger the skill points available over level increments. 0-100 = 150 skill points, 100-300 = 155, 300-500 = 160, 500-700 = 165, 700-900 = 170, 900-1100 = 175, etc., capping at say 200. Anyway, this is just an example, don't read too much into it as there are so many other factors that come in to play.

I dunno, maybe I've played too many other games over the years, and I shouldn't be comparing....but to me the current skill tree isn't right....one of the reasons I didn't level in 2012. Getting back into it now, I'd like to see a change but I doubt it can happen at this point.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: