:o i see buffs that i put in the thread in here, yay go me I'm awesome

#22 atta222

atta222

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 February 2013 - 13:32

too much stuff - hopefully pvp stuff is for high lvls and Hunting stuff is added to lower lvls .... its way too high diff fro, lvl 1 players to lvl 1600 .... so better for lvl 1 to think about lvling and lvl 1600 think about GVG and PVP

#23 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 February 2013 - 13:36

We've been thinking quite hard about which buffs to put in the tree and which would be potions.

The Titan Buffs will be potion only. We want there to be good buffs for 1600 and 1800 but nothing that allows the monopoly of titans.

#24 bittyboy

bittyboy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 13:40

Titan slayer buff - okay so its potion only which is okay but please make it really low level, like 50 lol

Precision Strike - I feel like this buff is going to make Overkill and a lot of damage increasing buffs useless as the xp gain from it is much higher than Overkill. Please do not make overkill a useless buff as it already has a low chance of activation

#25 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 12 February 2013 - 13:53

With the strength of KE and Smashing hammer, I'd suggest BOTH boosters ( armor and defense) be @ .1% per point. ( currently one is .05% while the other is .1%)

Edit: and completely agreed with Shin. Shield wall will make defense even more over powered ( theres already dispel curse). Shield wall would double damage ( possibly effecting barricade as well which boosts defense) and it would completely destroy armor sets when combined with smashing hammer.

Make it PvE only. Tho considering how many players use armor when hunting, they'll now have shield strike ( kamikaze) and shield wall ( no penalty to defensive hunting) to DOUBLE their damage. 2 x 17.5% chance. Add in if both buffs activated together, throw in crit hits etc and it's a Weeee bit overpowering. :shock:

Not a necessary buff ( in my opinion)

#26 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 12 February 2013 - 14:09

We've been thinking quite hard about which buffs to put in the tree and which would be potions.

The Titan Buffs will be potion only. We want there to be good buffs for 1600 and 1800 but nothing that allows the monopoly of titans.

Very glad to read this! :D :D :D

#27 grimnok

grimnok

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 14:10

Most of these look fine, at least with tweaking. What I am disappointed about, is that there are 0 buffs that take advantage of the new map:E.g. no 'locating' buffs (creature density, detecting elites/super elites with increased range), no teleport buffs, no flying/tunneling/levitating buffs.

#28 milon9999

milon9999

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 14:15

20. Lady Luck : chance for a double roll on RNG for an item drop. Does not fire if conserve or death wish activates. Does not mean 2 drops are possible. Just an extra chance at getting a drop.

I Personally Like This Buff. :D

Nice Job FS

dbzteengohansig_by_zzkurozz-d69715k.png

#29 jagger4man

jagger4man

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 14:22

1. Buff enhancer: for every 50 points in the skill it adds 5 points to the buffs cast after. Would not work with Merchant or Treasure Hunter. (Potion only maybe?)
10. Encouraging talk : 0.2% per point increase in mercenary stats when hired.
11. Warcry : 0.2% per points increase in group stats. (Only PvE)
15. Perfection : buff to give a chance of a craftable item being crafted perfect when invented.
20. Lady Luck : chance for a double roll on RNG for an item drop. Does not fire if conserve or death wish activates. Does not mean 2 drops are possible. Just an extra chance at getting a drop.
31. Cloudy Inventor : Increases the maximum percentage (above 100%) of the Master Inventor enhancement by +0.2% per point.
32. Cloud Crafter : Increases the maximum percentage (above 100%) of the Master Crafter enhancement by +0.2% per point.
35. Guild Buffer : x% of chance to spend 50% stamina buffing guild members.
36. All For One : 0.1% per point increase to the SE set bonus stats.
37. Titan Slayer : +0.2% per point reduction of damage, attack, defence and armor to Titans.

Nice.

9. Gold foot : 0.05% per point Chance to consume 1000 gold instead of 1 stamina while moving.

Nice gold sink.

4. Trendy : +0.03% per point to all stats for each common item worn

Who is using common items??

5. Pride : Add duration epic potion every medal in player's bio.

Dont understand?

12. Immobilise Titan : +0.1% per point chance for titan not to move.

Interesting 17.5% chance, but immobilise cool down must be introduced.
Because theoretically more players have this buff and they are hitting titan, titan will stay in same place.

14. Swift Strike : .1% chance to strike first when another player initiated the fight (pvp)
24. Quick Attack : Increases the maximum percentage (above 100%) of the First Strike enhancement by +0.2% per point.

Dodge, First Strike, Side Step, Swift Strike, Quick Attack ...

19. Heavy Weight : Adds 0.1% Damage per point when having a certain amount of gold in hand. (suggest 1000g per level).

Advantage for high lvl against low lvl players

39. Precision Strike - grants an 0.1% increase per point in XP gained when the hit that kills a monster is less than 10% more than what was needed. Rewards precise tuning of gear to monster.
40. Precision Hit - grants a 0.1% increase per point in gold stolen when the hit that defeats the target player is less than 10% more than what was needed. Same general idea.

Interesting.
List of all sets and mobs in game with stats 
- All sets in game 
- Set stats with different forging lvls
- Set combo builder
- All mobs
*Tip: Using search options (by name or by lvl range) will speed up application

#30 arthog

arthog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 14:26

Hi there , I think the most concerning buff in this list is the artful bandit ,
While the player who plays to steal gold from other players , no doubt views
bounties and delevelling parties as occupational hazards , its a fact that many of us
console ourselves after being robbed by bountying the pr*ck who did it and hoping to at least
discomfort him or her a little . you are now not only taking that option away with this buff , you are letting said thief be 3 times more effective minimum .... can you explain how that benefits those of us who will be targets for thieves ? .

You really need to explain WHY you think this is a good idea , you may even convince those of us who dont currently like it as to why it should be included , but you really need to make the effort to explain the rationale behind that choice .

#31 fs_id0ntkn0w

fs_id0ntkn0w
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2013 - 14:58

Dont understand?

Whats not to understand? It inspires people to gain medals to increase the duration of epic pots. Which is probably really nice when you have 25k+ stam.

Edit: One question I do have is does the level of the medal effect the duration as well? Like will the ruby give the same as bronze?

#32 Wesleysdf

Wesleysdf

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 15:09

Dont understand?

Whats not to understand? It inspires people to gain medals to increase the duration of epic pots. Which is probably really nice when you have 25k+ stam.

Yup! Plus if they make this skill low level I already see the huge increase of people trying new gameplay aspects when hunting their medals

#33 kalish

kalish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 15:28

1. Buff enhancer: for every 50 points in the skill it adds 5 points to the buffs cast after. Would not work with Merchant or Treasure Hunter. (Potion only maybe?)
Definitely not. I am completely against the idea of buffs above 175 being castable by players. The whole buff system could be broken by this.

2. Armored Strike : 0.1% per point chance that your armor stat is reduced to zero and your damage is double
Fine for PvE, not sure of its effect on PvP.

3. Brute Strength : For every 50 points allocated in this skill, your enchant item abilities, fury and berserk buffs are increased by 10 levels.
I like it!

4. Trendy : +0.03% per point to all stats for each common item worn
Too low, considering that wearing even one common item nullifies the Coordinated buffs. +0.1% is needed, at least.

Edit: I read it wrong. I thought it was +0.03% per point increase to stats of common items. What it really is, is +5.25% to all stats for each common item worn when cast at level 175. A whole setup of common items would get +47.25% to all stats. Still too low considering that you can't use Coordinated buffs, Smashing Hammer, Keen Edge, etc. +0.1% would be +157.5% to all stats, not sure if that's too much.

Double edit: Actually, with Keen Edge and Smashing Hammer already in existence, and other buffs on this list doing similar things for DEF, ARM, and HP, I don't think this would ever be used. Put a +XP modifier on it, though, and things might get interesting.

I don't get it.

Edit: read above that it would increase epic pot duration for every medal you have. I like the idea of rewards for more medals, but epic pot duration only is just too narrow in scope. I can't think of anything better for now, though.

6. Block : small chance that a player will take 0 damage in a combat round
We already have Force Shield, so I don't see the need for this.

8. Armor booster : +0.05% per point to your armor for each complete set equipped.
Good, except that I would make it +0.1% like Keen Edge.

9. Gold foot : 0.05% per point Chance to consume 1000 gold instead of 1 stamina while moving.
Great idea. For those asking what happens if you have no gold, then this buff just can't activate and you lose 1 stam when walking. Also, please make sure this fires after Light Foot.

10. Encouraging talk : 0.2% per point increase in mercenary stats when hired.
Good.

11. Warcry : 0.2% per points increase in group stats. (Only PvE)
Very good!

12. Immobilise Titan : +0.1% per point chance for titan not to move.
I don't really like it. As brought up earlier in the thread, what happens if you have several players on one square hitting the titan? It might take a long time to move.

Also, this seems to have the potential to mess up titan coding. When a titan moves, it stays on that square until it loses between 1-24 titan HP if I remember right. This means when a titan moves, it gets a number from 1-24 randomly assigned, and that number decreases every time it is hit, and when that number hits 0 it moves. Would this buff just prevent that number from dropping if it fires?

What I would rather see is a somewhat low-percentage "Titan Doubler". That is, 0.03% chance per point (5.25% at level 175) that a titan loses 2 titan HP when you kill it, you get credit for 2 kills, and you use double the stamina. Does not fire if Conserve did.

13. Buff Master II: Increases the maximum percentage (above 100%) of the Fury Caster enhancement by .1% per point for half an hour.
See comments for #1. Definite no.

14. Swift Strike : .1% chance to strike first when another player initiated the fight (pvp)
Not a bad idea, but it really messes with the mechanics of PvP. What's the point of the First Strike enhancement then? I'll let the experienced PvPers comment on this.

Edit: How about a "Simultaneous Strike" buff? When it's active on a PvP defender, both players strike at the same time. If only one dies, combat resolves as normal. If neither dies, the attacker gets the first swing in round 2. If both die, the combat is unresolved. (attacker loses the stam, nothing else happens)

15. Perfection : buff to give a chance of a craftable item being crafted perfect when invented.
Great!

16. Deft Hands : At level 175, has a 10% chance on doubling the effects of the thievery enhancement. Master thief will not be affected by this. (pvp only)
0.06% chance per point would get you 10.5% activation at level 175. I like the idea.

Edit: why not just increase the Thievery enhancement above 100% like other buffs? Or is this already in the game somewhere?

18. Allied Frenzy : (Assist really needs some tweaking) .A chance Assist will work with a player within +/-100 levels from you.
Really, I would just replace Assist with this. +/- 25 levels isn't all that useful.

Actually, maybe tweak Assist to where your potential helping hand has to be in your PvP band. You see more level separation at high levels, so the fact that the PvP bands are wider would make up for that.

19. Heavy Weight : Adds 0.1% Damage per point when having a certain amount of gold in hand. (suggest 1000g per level).
I don't see why the held gold requirement should be based on player level. I would make it +0.04% to damage per point per 1,000,000 gold on hand. This gives a 7% boost at level 175 when you hold 1,000,000 gold. The numbers are negotiable, naturally.

I like it. The Conserve/Death Wish prohibition, though, hardly matters for scavenging. I would exclude this from working with scavenging.

21. Divine Glory : Holy Flame style buff for demon classed creatures.
Sure, why not.

22. Short Circuit : Ignite or Holy flame style buff for Mechanical and Golem classed creatures.
See #21.

23. Artful Bandit : PvP buff for the attacker, 3x gold stolen if MT does not fire, 2/3rd reduction of normal xp loss to target chance of causing no xp loss. Always fires when cast, annotated in log message to the target. If the target does not lose xp they may not bounty the hit. Chance of the no xp loss is based on level of buff.
I don't like this at all. Any hit in which a player either does or could have lost either XP or gold should be bountyable. If you really want to increase gold hitting, add more buffs that increase stats (or especially XP gained) for held gold like #19 above.

24. Quick Attack : Increases the maximum percentage (above 100%) of the First Strike enhancement by +0.2% per point.
+0.2% per point seems like a lot for this enhancement. Then again, we don't know the exact probability of it firing in the first place.

25. Greed : Increases the maximum percentage (above 100%) of the Master Thief enhancement by +0.1% per point.
Sure.

26. Hardened : 0.05% per point chance to prevent your opponent activating Shatter Armor.
Not all that useful. A version called "Exorcist" that prevents Spectral Knight would be better. Spectral Knight is stronger, and is available as a level 250 potion while Shatter Armor can't be gotten above level 175. I'd change my mind if something like a level 300 Shatter Armor potion comes out.

27. Anchored : 0.05% per point Damage is added to HP.
Good idea, but at some point we'll need some clarification on where this falls in the buff activation order. Preferably by finding out exactly what the buff activation order is. (once all the new buffs are added)

28. Guild Berserker : Increase the effectiveness of first strike, nullify or etc enhancements in GvG only.
Fine as long as it is very low on the skill tree, ensuring access to most or all players. It would be horrible if it was, say, a level 900 buff.

29. Guild Saboteur : Decreases the effectiveness of the deflect, last ditch or etc buffs in GvG only.
Nice. See #28 too.

30. Croak : 0.2% increase to max green skin slayer enhancement
Sure, why not. But seems kind of useless.

31. Cloudy Inventor : Increases the maximum percentage (above 100%) of the Master Inventor enhancement by +0.2% per point.
Awesome!

32. Cloud Crafter : Increases the maximum percentage (above 100%) of the Master Crafter enhancement by +0.2% per point.
Double awesome!

33. Epic Craft : +0.5% per point increase to Craft stat bonuses.
+0.5% per point is far too much. Let's take the Boots of Barbnisis (level 850) for example.

Uncrafted: 1155 ATK, 695 DMG
Perfect craft: 1255 ATK, 755 DMG
Perfect craft plus Epic Craft buff: 1343 ATK, 808 DMG (rounding .5s up)
Perfect craft, fully forged, no Epic Craft buff: 1323 ATK, 823 DMG (rounding .5s up)

This buff would give about as many stat points than fully forging the item (though forging evenly distributes the extra points and this buff would distribute them proportionally). It would make forging even more useless at high levels. Either tweak the forging formula again to give more stats to high level items (because it's really expensive now, and the extra 5 stat points per 50 levels runs you into diminishing returns; 5 stat points on a level 1200 item is worth less than 5 stat points on a level 1150 item) or reduce the power of this buff. Let's say +0.2% per point.

34. Shield Wall :+0.1% per point to your defense for each complete set equipped.
I like it!

35. Guild Buffer : x% of chance to spend 50% stamina buffing guild members.
One of the best ideas yet.

36. All For One : 0.1% per point increase to the SE set bonus stats.
Sorely needed. Super Elite sets really need something to compensate for the Enchant _______ buffs not being very useful. I would even up this to 0.15% or 0.2% per point.

37. Titan Slayer : +0.2% per point reduction of damage, attack, defence and armor to Titans.
Meh. It's a good idea, but new titans will just have bigger stats to compensate for this. I don't think it's needed.

38. Vitality : +0.1% per point added to your HP for each complete set equipped.
Sure, why not.

39. Precision Strike - grants an 0.1% increase per point in XP gained when the hit that kills a monster is less than 10% more than what was needed. Rewards precise tuning of gear to monster.
That's a hefty XP bonus, but also a hard target to hit. I take this to mean:

Creature has 5000 HP. 10% more than 5000 is 5500, so if your hit causes between 5000 and 5500 damage, you get the XP bonus.

It's a really good idea. It would be hard to use, though, given the variation in creature stats amongst levels, especially at high levels. Also, Reinforced Armor and Nullify can make this pretty random.

If this is implemented, I would really like to see buffs like Entrench and Death Dealer show their effects on the character profile screen. Right now it's hard to tell exactly how much you have of each stat. I would like to know exactly what my stats used in combat will be by looking at my profile screen, taking into account all buffs and everything.

40. Precision Hit - grants a 0.1% increase per point in gold stolen when the hit that defeats the target player is less than 10% more than what was needed. Same general idea.
Also a really good idea. See comments for #39.

#34 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 12 February 2013 - 15:35

26. Hardened : 0.05% per point chance to prevent your opponent activating Shatter Armor.
Not all that useful. A version called "Exorcist" that prevents Spectral Knight would be better. Spectral Knight is stronger, and is available as a level 250 potion while Shatter Armor can't be gotten above level 175. I'd change my mind if something like a level 300 Shatter Armor potion comes out.

Spec Knight Doesn't work in pvp :)

#35 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 15:40

I am concerned about Titan Immobilizer - everyone who can, will use it, and if that means a titan stands still for an hours while everyone hacks at it titan hunting becomes a who can time their hits best to avoid being told they are still recovering from the last attack, and which guild can get most people to stand on the titan. The titan will lie there giving it his "et tu, Brute?" speech as he gets hacked to pieces.

I think it defeats the purpose or at least will radically alter the nature of titan hunting. Have to call it titan catching and chaining down now.

I am not a fan of buff boost to stats when hitting titans - and I did suggest that then retract it. Personally - yes it would help me with Epidemicus, Kojin and Elder Terror. Save me FSP on pots and stam on other buffs. But I think it would make things too easy. If it goes ahead I will live with it!

#36 kalish

kalish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 15:44

Spec Knight Doesn't work in pvp :)

That's what I get for commenting on a PvP buff in ignorance!

#37 RageAnger

RageAnger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 15:51

Please dont let deflect go above level 175

#38 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 12 February 2013 - 16:00

:(

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#39 shwazemoto

shwazemoto

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 16:02

Wow I like the new buffs :) no complaints here

#40 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 16:31

13. Buff Master II: Increases the maximum percentage (above 100%) of the Fury Caster enhancement by .1% per point for half an hour.

What are we looking at to be the max level players can buff??
this is going to affect a LOT of potions in the process depending on how high we are going to go..making some potions useless to craft..

I'd rather see a bonus to our hourly XP gain than see Damage get another boost..maybe we can get both? having it affect hourly XP gain, you are getting players to hold gold for HOURS :twisted:

23. Artful Bandit : PvP buff for the attacker, 3x gold stolen if MT does not fire, 2/3rd reduction of normal xp loss to target chance of causing no xp loss. Always fires when cast, annotated in log message to the target. If the target does not lose xp they may not bounty the hit. Chance of the no xp loss is based on level of buff.

if you decide on adding new medals, say for gold theft ;) don't introduce this skill unless XP lost is normal to help prevent abuse towards medals...but maybe my mind is too far down the road, MAYBE the wrong road as well.....

..if the XP lost reduction was put into place to help those getting hit from being farmed..why not just put into the activation that the Attacker will be automatically placed on the bounty board or the victim has the chance to post a bounty that causes x3 XP lost or can place two bounties per attack FOR FREE(like how it should be for all bounties placed)..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: