• This topic is locked This topic is locked
149 replies to this topic

#41 tlthomasjr

tlthomasjr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 16:51

3. Brute Strength : For every 50 points allocated in this skill, your enchant item abilities, fury and berserk buffs are increased by 10 levels.

There should be a comparable buff like this for all base stats for those who do not have attributes in damage, there is already smashing hammer to further increase damage, so it would give an unfair advantage to players with their points in other stats.

9. Gold foot : 0.05% per point Chance to consume 1000 gold instead of 1 stamina while moving.

Gold amount should be much higher.

23. Artful Bandit : PvP buff for the attacker, 3x gold stolen if MT does not fire, 2/3rd reduction of normal xp loss to target chance of causing no xp loss. Always fires when cast, annotated in log message to the target. If the target does not lose xp they may not bounty the hit. Chance of the no xp loss is based on level of buff.

Should be bounty possibility for any attack, rest of it is fine.

28. Guild Berserker : Increase the effectiveness of first strike, nullify or etc enhancements in GvG only.
This and Guild Saboteur should be RP buff pack options, and the cost should be based on the size of the guild.

29. Guild Saboteur : Decreases the effectiveness of the deflect, last ditch or etc buffs in GvG only.
This and Guild berserker should be RP buff pack options, and the cost should be based on the size of the guild.

38. Vitality : +0.1% per point added to your HP for each complete set equipped.
Do not like this one, with ageless, SC, Fortitude, the HP base buffs, and the additional benefit of Stout Hearted, HP already has more advantage.

The rest of the buffs proposed I either have no problem with, or like very much.
Thank you HCS for something new to play with.

#42 tlthomasjr

tlthomasjr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 17:15

I would also like to see the prerequisites for buffs to return, or to see the old lower level ones removed before we get another reset.
It isn't fair to not require prerequisites for the higher level buffs and players when it is the low level players who already have so few points for skills as it is, forcing them to go and pay inflated prices just to get basic buffs for themselves.

#43 kuamor

kuamor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 17:24

...if you guys hate gold so much, reduce the amount given out by monsters.

#44 aliadnan12

aliadnan12

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 February 2013 - 18:18

nice . death wish shouldnt use any stam bcz it is the buff that kills not us maybe u can tweak this as well there

#45 Plexus37

Plexus37

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 18:54

5. Pride : Add duration epic potion every medal in player's bio.
Dont understand?

Whats not to understand? It inspires people to gain medals to increase the duration of epic pots. Which is probably really nice when you have 25k+ stam.

Yup! Plus if they make this skill low level I already see the huge increase of people trying new gameplay aspects when hunting their medals

I like this idea too, but I rarely see the duration run out on the epic pots before i'm done with them anyway.
What I would prefer, would be to see a small increase in level of epic pots per medal level.
Maybe even just a single point or even half a point.

eg :
3 bronze medals 1+1+1= +3 to pot level.
1 bronze, 1 gold, 1 ruby medal would be 1+3+5= +9 to pot level.
and make the boosts not affected by Distil, just so we dont go tooooo crazy.

Like i said, maybe half point per level would be enough.
or 0.25 point and make it affect all pots, not just epics.

It could create a big interest in medal collecting and activity in general.

oooh ooooh oooh and also make it 0 stam to activate. Players level x1000 gold to activate instead :)

#46 Mormon8r

Mormon8r

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 February 2013 - 19:02

Artful Bandit is the worst buff idea,

Just because I may not lose XP doesnt mean that I shouldnt be able to bounty the attacker if they steal 3x more gold from me. It should be that if they steal 3x more gold, a bounty should be placed automatically that takes 20 hits to clear and they can lose 3x the levels.

#47 mickabooth

mickabooth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 12 February 2013 - 19:12

WoW love the new buffs cant wait for them to come live

#48 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 19:24

19. Heavy Weight : Adds 0.1% Damage per point when having a certain amount of gold in hand. (suggest 1000g per level).

5000g per level :!:

This one really needs to be linked to the player's level. 175k gold is a lot to hold at level 15, but trivial at level 1500

Subsequent edit: I had been reading "1000g per level" as "1000g per buff level". I see others are reading it as "1000g per player level", in which case it already is linked :? In that case, 5k per level is very steep,

#49 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 February 2013 - 19:32

Just because I may not lose XP doesnt mean that I shouldnt be able to bounty the attacker if they steal 3x more gold from me. It should be that if they steal 3x more gold, a bounty should be placed automatically that takes 20 hits to clear and they can lose 3x the levels.

Gold is the most abundant resource in this game. I got 1 mil on my last hunt with 3k stam. What's the big deal? I wouldnt cry foul if someone hit me, Its my fault for holding that much for that long.

#50 myakka

myakka

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 February 2013 - 19:38

Hi there Everyone.

We now have a list of upcoming buffs that we'll be adding to the game. Some of these will be for the Skill Trees but others will be potion specific.

The list is as follows :

1. Buff enhancer: for every 50 points in the skill it adds 5 points to the buffs cast after. Would not work with Merchant or Treasure Hunter. (Potion only maybe?)

This one only really makes sense if you also introduce creatures that need more stats than is currently available. Maybe there'll be another jump in stats needed at higher levels?

.... (Nothing to say about #2 & #3.)

4. Trendy : +0.03% per point to all stats for each common item worn

Gotta see this one as throwing a bone to more casual players of the game -- the ones who don't go all out to get the best stuff.

5. Pride : Add duration epic potion every medal in player's bio.
I like that this one starts the principle of buffs being based on medals. Hopefully that principle will expand in time.

.... (Nothing to say about # 6 to 12.)

13. Buff Master II: Increases the maximum percentage (above 100%) of the Fury Caster enhancement by .1% per point for half an hour.

See the comment on #1.

.... (Nothing to say on #14-16. #17 deleted in original post.)

18. Allied Frenzy : (Assist really needs some tweaking) .A chance Assist will work with a player within +/-100 levels from you.

19. Heavy Weight : Adds 0.1% Damage per point when having a certain amount of gold in hand. (suggest 1000g per level).
Sounds like having a personal mercenary. Maybe rename it Summon Personal Mercenary or Summon Goon. And that mercenary "requires" an ongoing payment to stay active.

This might have the effect of reducing the attractiveness of guilds to some players.

On the other hand a personal mercenary might not only add to the damage stat. But it could be that these are mercs-in-training and only have the one stat to give.

.... (Nothing to say about # 20)

21. Divine Glory : Holy Flame style buff for demon classed creatures.

22. Short Circuit : Ignite or Holy flame style buff for Mechanical and Golem classed creatures.
These two buffs sound interesting.

23. Artful Bandit : PvP buff for the attacker, 3x gold stolen if MT does not fire, 2/3rd reduction of normal xp loss to target, chance of causing no xp loss. Always fires when cast, annotated in log message to the target. If the target does not lose xp they may not bounty the hit. Chance of the no xp loss is based on level of buff.
Sounds like a nice idea to revitalize PVP. I remember the days when I worried about holding gold because it made me a PVP target. Things are easier (and therefore more boring) because that is gone.

.... (Nothing to say about # 24 - 38.)

39. Precision Strike - grants an 0.1% increase per point in XP gained when the hit that kills a monster is less than 10% more than what was needed. Rewards precise tuning of gear to monster.

40. Precision Hit - grants a 0.1% increase per point in gold stolen when the hit that defeats the target player is less than 10% more than what was needed. Same general idea.

I think these two would be more interesting, if there were also a Precision Hunting medal and a Precision PVP medal. They need something extra to give players an incentive to go to the trouble to do them. BUT those medals would really be something special because they would (at least in the beginning) separate players who really know how to make gear set ups from those who don't. (That isn't saying that somebody wouldn't eventually luck their way into the medal eventually.)

These are the buffs we'll be introducing. We welcome your constructive feedback regarding activation percentages.

There are other buffs still picked out of the original thread that we have noted down. They may still make the grade for future Buff upgrades.

~ The Fallen Sword Team.

#51 GoHalos

GoHalos

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 12 February 2013 - 19:39

Really? I'm not too impressed with any of these buffs to be honest. Taking into consideration the level some of them will be.. these seem mediocre at best with the exception of a few.

#52 Mormon8r

Mormon8r

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 February 2013 - 19:41

Gold is the most abundant resource in this game. I got 1 mil on my last hunt with 3k stam. What's the big deal? I wouldnt cry foul if someone hit me, Its my fault for holding that much for that long.

So you wouldn't mind just handing over all your gold to me then? Yeah I may get millions of gold per hunt, but when someone is watching you hunt and waiting for you to get ample amounts and hits you with that buff all that gold is gone...and now that PvP protection doesnt protect against gold how am I supposed to protect it whilst waiting for the marketplace?

#53 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 February 2013 - 19:46

So you wouldn't mind just handing over all your gold to me then? Yeah I may get millions of gold per hunt, but when someone is watching you hunt and waiting for you to get ample amounts and hits you with that buff all that gold is gone...and now that PvP protection doesnt protect against gold how am I supposed to protect it whilst waiting for the marketplace?

If you catch me on a hunt, and attack me for gold, I would have NO issue with it. It is my fault for keeping the gold onhand long enough to be hit. Why waste more gold to bounty someone, when you lost gold in the first place? I never really understood that, tbh.

#54 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 12 February 2013 - 19:47

Yeah I may get millions of gold per hunt, but when someone is watching you hunt and waiting for you to get ample amounts and hits you with that buff all that gold is gone...and now that PvP protection doesnt protect against gold how am I supposed to protect it whilst waiting for the marketplace?

Use deflect, pvp buffs and a hunting set that is difficult to defeat, spend gold on upgrades, use bank deposits, send gold to a guildmate or founder to deposit, bid on auctions to hold gold, enter arenas, forge gear. USE the bounty board and delevel gold hits to deter future attacks. ( not going to go further into this as its off topic)

:) lots of options.

#55 Mormon8r

Mormon8r

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 February 2013 - 19:51

If you catch me on a hunt, and attack me for gold, I would have NO issue with it. It is my fault for keeping the gold onhand long enough to be hit. Why waste more gold to bounty someone, when you lost gold in the first place? I never really understood that, tbh.

So I should be punished for wanting to keep all my gold from a hunt onhand for an extra 5 minutes after I hunt so I can trade it in the marketplace? PvP logic

#56 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 19:51

I like them,, even the pvp ones because if you dont have people crying and threatening to quit over it then they arent good pvp buffs. The balance of 3x gold 0 exp and no bounty will make people pvp more!
I DO think it needs one more little bit added,,,IF you dont get the 3x gold and ARE bountyed YOU get 3x exp loss on that bounty :)

Assist,, yes it does need tweaking,,, how about a way to increase the chances the more allys in range you have added? Make the buff a little more useful and encourage us to upgrade our allys too!

Nothing for the epic wearers?? How about something that only kicks in if attacked in a full set of epics that gives huge stats but very low activation?

#57 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 February 2013 - 19:54

So I should be punished for wanting to keep all my gold from a hunt onhand for an extra 5 minutes after I hunt so I can trade it in the marketplace? PvP logic

Cant have everything... oh wait, PvE logic.

#58 Mormon8r

Mormon8r

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 February 2013 - 19:58

I like them,, even the pvp ones because if you dont have people crying and threatening to quit over it then they arent good pvp buffs. The balance of 3x gold 0 exp and no bounty will make people pvp more!
I DO think it needs one more little bit added,,,IF you dont get the 3x gold and ARE bountyed YOU get 3x exp loss on that bounty :)

Assist,, yes it does need tweaking,,, how about a way to increase the chances the more allys in range you have added? Make the buff a little more useful and encourage us to upgrade our allys too!

Nothing for the epic wearers?? How about something that only kicks in if attacked in a full set of epics that gives huge stats but very low activation?

Whoah....I never thought I would agree with a PvP buff, but I like this compromise with the Artful Bandit...could be interesting

#59 MummRa

MummRa

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 12 February 2013 - 20:04

Whoah....I never thought I would agree with a PvP buff, but I like this compromise with the Artful Bandit...could be interesting

Agreed on the comprimise part, (depemding on what they are pro-pvp buffs are welcome) but also a +1 to the epic "set"

Side note and probably wrong place to ask, would buffs that aid in the defense of a PvP attack be considered PvP buffs themselves?

#60 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 20:07

5000g per level :!:

You know that when you get to 1600 - it means you'll hold 8 mil for that ?

One of us has the maths wrong. I make that 800k, not 8 mil.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: