108 replies to this topic

#1 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 18:05

We have a surplus of the old Epics. And the new Epics aren't getting very situated with the system because of the prices.

Titan Epics

Ogaliths Fiery Grasp - approx. 600 (and more keep coming in)
Skaldirs Frostbitten Steps - approx. 600 (and more keep coming in)
Tsukiyaomos Benighted Helm - approx. 500 (same story)
Fuvayu Vortex Stone - approx. 500 (same story)

and the list goes on! Getting into already invented Epics:

Writhing Ward - approx. 1200
Krimson Kardic Helm - approx. 1100
Amulet of the Seraphim - approx. 500
Ring of Red Death - approx 800

and the list continues to go on!

My proposition is to introduce some more recipe Epics that use old Epics to make new ones. It will be similar to the Gnarled Scarab series, getting rid of some of the old Epics and out with some new ones. There will still be a steady flow of the old Titans to fuel these Epics or have people just keep them.

What does everyone think?

#2 Wesleysdf

Wesleysdf

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 19:30

Fully agreed :)

#3 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 22 February 2013 - 19:33

The extra amounts of epics in the game means the prices have collapsed from their once LUDICROUS prices... I'm all in favour of this...

I say NO to inventing better epics with existing epics

Let more players have a chance of owning these pieces....

#4 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 20:01

The extra amounts of epics in the game means the prices have collapsed from their once LUDICROUS prices... I'm all in favour of this...

Why not? We already have enough duplicates of different Epics with the same stamina gain and xp gain, only difference is the stats are just moved around.

#5 uhsword

uhsword

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 20:16

We have a surplus of the old Epics. And the new Epics are getting very situated with the system because of the prices.

Titan Epics

Ogaliths Fiery Grasp - approx. 600 (and more keep coming in)
Skaldirs Frostbitten Steps - approx. 600 (and more keep coming in)
Tsukiyaomos Benighted Helm - approx. 500 (same story)
Fuvayu Vortex Stone - approx. 500 (same story)

and the list goes on! Getting into already invented Epics:

Writhing Ward - approx. 1200
Krimson Kardic Helm - approx. 1100
Amulet of the Seraphim - approx. 500
Ring of Red Death - approx 800

and the list continues to go on!

My proposition is to introduce some more recipe Epics that use old Epics to make new ones. It will be similar to the Gnarled Scarab series, getting rid of some of the old Epics and out with some new ones. There will still be a steady flow of the old Titans to fuel these Epics or have people just keep them.

What does everyone think?

The new epics have ALWAYS been very situated with the system because of the prices. Every new price will either steadily ascend or stay at bay or bounce around a bit but still appear to be at a certain colossal price tag. Stamina gain doesnt always count for hunting epics due to LF and other options you or anyone can take especially if youre that one guy who non stops refreshes the page to be the only one hunter some will just laugh at you and crush your mans dreams then move on like nothing happened.. The flow could very well not be abrupt or random but have a slight influence of whats already standardized in St ah etc. However much you wanna stockpile is up to your independence that goes for broadening or narrowing the possibilities w/ the bundles of overcrowded or very little epics. Unless youre really determined for that foolproof change to happen b/c of your feedback or times of change expect whatever tho dont expect too much of them. As for your proposition i concur but some would see it as a problem instead of a solution of course. :|

eqnq15.png                  

#6 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 20:24

That was actually a typo, should be "aren't" because of the prices..

But you have to ask yourself, how would this be viewed as a problem?

The old Titan Epics will still be coming out and the old Inventable Epics will still be able to be created.

#7 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 22 February 2013 - 20:27

I thought epics were to be used possibly in composing? ( when its released) Not that more epics isnt a good thing, but theres plenty of em in game now, and some are finally affordable to players.

Would inventor II work on this idea?

#8 uhsword

uhsword

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 20:30

Ah then nevermind ignore my last comment :P

eqnq15.png                  

#9 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 20:32

I thought epics were to be used possibly in composing? ( when its released) Not that more epics isnt a good thing, but theres plenty of em in game now, and some are finally affordable to players.

Would inventor II work on this idea?

I don't see why it shouldn't work with it since its inventing.. Inventor II is only a chance at keeping components of a recipe.

#10 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 22 February 2013 - 20:35

Why not? We already have enough duplicates of different Epics with the same stamina gain and xp gain, only difference is the stats are just moved around.

At the moment, for some of the very low level epics, yes, perhaps there is a surplus (although they still sell, so perhaps not) - BUT - as soon as they become useful for inventing something else, that surplus will almost instantaneously evaporate and those players who are just about able to afford an epic or two of their own will be right back to square one and priced out of the market.

Personally, I don't think there's any need for any new epics in the game other than to fill in one or two level holes ... If the cows keep adding them, where does it end ? - +10 to stam gain ? - +20 ? - +50 ???

#11 vamunre

vamunre

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 21:02

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=108118

Unless you made some recipes or something of the sort that would use other epics to make new epics? Just a thought.

I have no problem with that idea either.

Personally I think combining items, as example 2 rings of red death, call new ring greater ring of red death level 400 or items of similar stats should be done. As an example once again I will stay with ring of read death and bladed war gauntlets. Call the new item Red Bladed War Gauntlets level 800. Make the new blades red, I don’t think everyone is asking for more stamina gain, though it would be nice. Those of us that wear epics offline would just like to be less of a target because we choose stamina gain.

#12 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 21:06

Personally I think combining items, as example 2 rings of red death, call new ring greater ring of red death level 400 or items of similar stats should be done. As an example once again I will stay with ring of read death and bladed war gauntlets. Call the new item Red Bladed War Gauntlets level 800. Make the new blades red, I don’t think everyone is asking for more stamina gain, though it would be nice. Those of us that wear epics offline would just like to be less of a target because we choose stamina gain.

That's what I'm asking for! Another way it could happen, add in RP items.

#13 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 22 February 2013 - 21:13

Those of us that wear epics offline would just like to be less of a target because we choose stamina gain.

I think that's a personal choice - you chose to go with the stam gain so the items "shouldn't" be as good as a reasonable offline setup because you are gaining so much more.

There has to be a trade-off somewhere ...

#14 kylers

kylers

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 21:24

I think if you use epics to create better epic is a bad idea, because it will raise the prices of epics that already exist because people who are inventors will be trying to buy up all these epics to create there new ones and not only will the new epics have 1000+ price tags the old epics will cost a arm & leg, and will create issue with people selling it

#15 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 22 February 2013 - 21:29

I think if you use epics to create better epic is a bad idea, because it will raise the prices of epics that already exist because people who are inventors will be trying to buy up all these epics to create there new ones and not only will the new epics have 1000+ price tags the old epics will cost a arm & leg, and will create issue with people selling it

I thought I said that earlier ;)

#16 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 21:29

Not necessarily. A price has already been established for established for each old Epic and will stay relatively the same no matter if this idea comes into play. The new Epics will be priced by those that want them. Simple supply and demand will set the price of the new items. Plus if Inventor 2 works with this, the prices will drop just as the RP Epics drop in price.

#17 vamunre

vamunre

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 21:33

Why does every buff have to be available in a potion form ?? - if you want higher level buffs, level up for them :)

I have to quote you from another topic. The only reason players wear epics offline is for xp gain and stamina gain so we can level faster.

#18 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 22 February 2013 - 21:36

Why does every buff have to be available in a potion form ?? - if you want higher level buffs, level up for them :)

I have to quote you from another topic. The only reason players wear epics offline is for xp gain and stamina gain so we can level faster.

I'm not sure of the point you're trying to make there ? - yes, wearing epics gives us a faster regain of stamina so we can hunt more frequently and level faster. How is that contradictory to saying that wearing epics should have a flip side - make wearers more vulnerable. Heaven knows, they're GAINING enough - there has to be risk to balance it.

#19 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 22 February 2013 - 21:38

Not necessarily. A price has already been established for established for each old Epic and will stay relatively the same no matter if this idea comes into play. The new Epics will be priced by those that want them. Simple supply and demand will set the price of the new items. Plus if Inventor 2 works with this, the prices will drop just as the RP Epics drop in price.

Of course it won't - the demand for the old epics will increase because they are needed for the new epics and thus the supply <-> demand chain will become altered. The rate they are brought into the game will remain (probably) constant, but demand will go up - ergo, increased prices from those selling them.

#20 vamunre

vamunre

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 21:44

I'm not sure of the point you're trying to make there ?

Easy target in PVP= potential XP loss. I know I have been hit offline many times. Not because I had allot of gold.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: