#21 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 22 February 2013 - 21:48

I'm not sure of the point you're trying to make there ?

Easy target in PVP= potential XP loss. I know I have been hit offline many times. Not because I had allot of gold.

Then, easy solution, wear better offline clothing ... I've been hit a few times recently, but only when I've been carrying gold (and not even a lot of it - 4-500k at most) and that's with good offline clothing. When I'm wearing epics, I keep it down to 50k or so and, if I get hit then, I just bounty, move on and accept that I was a nice easy target because of what I was wearing..

#22 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 February 2013 - 22:14

I'm not sure of the point you're trying to make there ?

Easy target in PVP= potential XP loss. I know I have been hit offline many times. Not because I had allot of gold.

Some people PvP for easy Prestige. Wouldnt you like an EXTRA 10% XP every time you hunt? ;)

#23 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 22:15

I think if you use epics to create better epic is a bad idea, because it will raise the prices of epics that already exist because people who are inventors will be trying to buy up all these epics to create there new ones and not only will the new epics have 1000+ price tags the old epics will cost a arm & leg, and will create issue with people selling it

Not necessarily. A price has already been established for established for each old Epic and will stay relatively the same no matter if this idea comes into play. The new Epics will be priced by those that want them. Simple supply and demand will set the price of the new items. Plus if Inventor 2 works with this, the prices will drop just as the RP Epics drop in price.

Of course it won't - the demand for the old epics will increase because they are needed for the new epics and thus the supply <-> demand chain will become altered. The rate they are brought into the game will remain (probably) constant, but demand will go up - ergo, increased prices from those selling them.

Not necessarily. The price isn't the reason for this proposition is it?
This proposition is to get some of these old Epics circulated in the game. I don't see why a price would be of any concern to this matter.

#24 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 22:19

People please stay on topic. Yes, full Epic outfit is not as good as a non-Epic setup for PvP purposes.

#25 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 February 2013 - 22:39

This proposition is to get some of these old Epics circulated in the game. I don't see why a price would be of any concern to this matter.

I dont know, is it? I personally dont want more Epics in the game. We've gone from having 3 Epics, to almost 40, not counting potions. Giving people more to do with these Epics will only raise the price even more. Maybe give some of the unwanted Epics a Recipe, like they did with the Mace of the Colossus.

#26 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 22 February 2013 - 22:47

Now, forgive me for speculating here but ... ;)

You're in one of the top GvG guilds (1518/534 seems to imply a LOT of activity) and you want to create more desire for epics ?

Hmm - seems to me that price has EVERYTHING to do with this to me :)

#27 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 23:10

You're in one of the top GvG guilds (1518/534 seems to imply a LOT of activity) and you want to create more desire for epics ?

I assure you that this idea is not about the price. I only noticed that there is a ton of old Epics and thought that we could put them to another use.

My GvGing in the guild is to get RP Epics on our Epic goal list. Please actually think before making assumptions.

#28 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 22 February 2013 - 23:23

I assure you that this idea is not about the price. I only noticed that there is a ton of old Epics and thought that we could put them to another use.

My GvGing in the guild is to get RP Epics on our Epic goal list. Please actually think before making assumptions.

Oh, I did think about it ...

1. You want to use old epics to make new (presumably more powerful) epics
2. You're in a GvG guild that creates epics
3. You say there's a glut of lower level epics (which obviously lowers the price of them)
4. Removing said glut means prices go back up again.

So, yes, I think I thought about it - and, I did say it was SPECULATION.

Anyways, back to the issue at hand - that being your original post - I still think that there are ample epics in the game and the lower level ones are now at a price where "joe public" gamer has a reasonable chance of affording them. So, I vote no to removing this "glut" and thus, obviously, driving the price back up again.

#29 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 23:34

Thank you for your opinion and sorry for snapping at you. I'm only proposing an idea to use that glut. There is always the chance that people won't make said new Epic with the old Epics, just like not many Shield of Demonic Visages were made.

#30 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 22 February 2013 - 23:49

Thank you for your opinion and sorry for snapping at you. I'm only proposing an idea to use that glut. There is always the chance that people won't make said new Epic with the old Epics, just like not many Shield of Demonic Visages were made.

That would all depend on what the new epics were of course - if they were more powerful (be that in stats or gains), then they'd definately be made. And, if they weren't, there's no point in having them in the first place eh ? :).

Demonic Visage shield wasn't made much, I suspect, because it offered nothing new over the already existing Razored Azure shield other than moving stats around. The gains were exactly the same ..

#31 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 23:57

That would all depend on what the new epics were of course - if they were more powerful (be that in stats or gains), then they'd definately be made. And, if they weren't, there's no point in having them in the first place eh ? :).

Demonic Visage shield wasn't made much, I suspect, because it offered nothing new over the already existing Razored Azure shield other than moving stats around. The gains were exactly the same ..

Yes. That goes along with Spiral Light, Viridian Light, as well as, Obsidian Ribs.

But this upgrade would be great for many other aspects. Giving the Writhing Ward a bump in 100 levels or so would open up new opportunities for level 200 areas. Same idea with the others, but the level bump can differentiate.

#32 uhsword

uhsword

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 00:03

Yes. That goes along with Spiral Light, Viridian Light, as well as, Obsidian Ribs.

But this upgrade would be great for many other aspects. Giving the Writhing Ward a bump in 100 levels or so would open up new opportunities for level 200 areas. Same idea with the others, but the level bump can differentiate.

The Writhing Ward idea was deemed inadequate and later denied by many others as it became overused and would be more so if it was implemented

eqnq15.png                  

#33 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 14:05

The Writhing Ward idea was deemed inadequate and later denied by many others as it became overused and would be more so if it was implemented

The Writhing Ward is only one of the many Epics. What about the others?

#34 lawyergod

lawyergod

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 19:31

I am generally in favor of adding new epics to the game that require recipes of some sort. I posted a thread on this once before, but if new epics come in, what I'd personally like to see is something unique done with them, instead of the same old single-item epics that give stamina and xp gain.

My thinking was to make the new epics crystal, like the old Gurgiss gear, with very low durability (maybe 25/25, but that's debatable), so as to require those players who use these epics to need to replace them fairly often. In return for this, the gains from these epics would be exceptionally high (my estimate was plus-10, but again, subject to debate.) Like Gurgiss, it might also be fun to make the epics part of a set: each individual item gives some gain, and the set bonus gives even MORE gain, but they're all crystal, with low durability.

Part of the issue with the epics, I think, is that there is one definitively "best" epic for each of the nine slots (weapon, helm, etc), one epic that gives the most stamina, stamina gain, and xp gain. By making the new epics unique, and requiring a trade-off between the gain values and the wearing of crystal, this might spice things up a bit.

#35 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 20:17

I am generally in favor of adding new epics to the game that require recipes of some sort. I posted a thread on this once before, but if new epics come in, what I'd personally like to see is something unique done with them, instead of the same old single-item epics that give stamina and xp gain.

My thinking was to make the new epics crystal, like the old Gurgiss gear, with very low durability (maybe 25/25, but that's debatable), so as to require those players who use these epics to need to replace them fairly often. In return for this, the gains from these epics would be exceptionally high (my estimate was plus-10, but again, subject to debate.) Like Gurgiss, it might also be fun to make the epics part of a set: each individual item gives some gain, and the set bonus gives even MORE gain, but they're all crystal, with low durability.

Part of the issue with the epics, I think, is that there is one definitively "best" epic for each of the nine slots (weapon, helm, etc), one epic that gives the most stamina, stamina gain, and xp gain. By making the new epics unique, and requiring a trade-off between the gain values and the wearing of crystal, this might spice things up a bit.

That's not a bad idea. I agree with that idea.

Crystalline Epics:
Higher Stamina gain than normal Epics.
Low durability, 50-75 would be good.

#36 vamunre

vamunre

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 20:21

How about Epics that grows with your level , base item starts out at X level. Stats are your VL times the numbers that HCS decideds.

#37 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 20:27

How about Epics that grows with your level , base item starts out at X level. Stats are your VL times the numbers that HCS decideds.

Hm.. how would they make it beneficial to all of FS? That idea sounds like it only benefits the higher levels.

Plus, would those Epics be bound or will there be some sort of program behind them to calculate the stats for whoever wears it?

#38 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 23 February 2013 - 20:32

Well, that is a non-starter IMO. After all, if everyone no longer needs to update their epics to get bigger and better, the marketplace for them will collapse even more as less and less folk are buying the ones that higher levels have outgrown ...

#39 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 21:14

Ignore these ideas of crystalline etc, those are just not going to happen. What may happen, is adding in recipes using more RP items, combining Epics together, etc.

But what would the outcome look like?

Possibilities:
+1 or +2 on stamina gain or xp gain
New enhancements!
Upgraded stats.

Anything other thoughts?

#40 uhsword

uhsword

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 22:15

The Writhing Ward is only one of the many Epics. What about the others?

Not sure about the others wasnt part of the exhilarating fuss back then the writhing ward was one of the hot topics before but apparently everyone now wants to move past that and be epicly epic :)

Hey LG is here now all is going to be just swell hehe.. As others have disagreed w/ you vam I will too thumbs down on that plausible tweak

eqnq15.png                  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: