• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#41 morderme

morderme

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 19:12

don't forgot about the Composing idea, HCS need to do this first...

I was talking about that fell months ago, about create a new class of creature, the 'Ancient' class can create new EP quests too.

The Ancient itens you will be founded on these EP quests will give you SINGLE stats, or single bonuses (stamina, xp, high lvl buffs on yourself, etc) or give you specific buff, something like AL250 (without any stats). And the Ancient item can be upgraded each 50 lvls you won, and one time you upgrade then, they become Bound,

That can create a new way to see the game, saving your Ancient item with you, selling worthless ones, upgrading an specific item for all the game long, and creating new hunting setups, one time you will wear the Ancient on a place of other item.

The Ancient cannot disable CoA and CoD, and it's cannot count like a set for SH.

I like that idea and would offer something to it. As a gold sink, (and perhaps not limited to Ancients), have a device to combine several Ancients together to make a random item (of value).

#42 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 20:37

Composing is still being worked on, don't worry about that one. Same deal with the new buffs.

I like the idea of ancient items though.. let's work on that idea for a prize.

#43 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:32

Since we are in a brainstorming mode here, I'll drop in my two cents worth:

The idea of a "temporary" watizit strikes me as a good idea.
That it takes a guild to get it....not so much. There are those solo players like me, and that makes it sort of out of bounds for those of us who haul ourselves up by our own bootstraps.
I do agree that some of the larger guilds, with players having more powerful buffs would be at a distinct advantage. The solution is simple: Buffs and structure plus' don't work against this especially tough beastie, and neither would potions. Equipment would function as normal. This gives a much more level playing field. Yep, crystalline gear would take a beating. You DO want that magic thingamajig don't you?
Since it's got to pop up somewhere, either make it appear in a lower realm so that most players can get to it, or perhaps a special portal like some of the seasonal events use. (although I don't favor the latter myself)
The main part would be to make sure it's available to all players, and not just the top guilds. And instead of some new artifact, how about something that ups the stamina recovery rate, or some such thing. EVERYONE always wants more stamina, and that would probably be worth fighting for. (Just imagine, almost unlimited stamina for a month.......... :twisted: )

#44 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:06

Since we are in a brainstorming mode here, I'll drop in my two cents worth:

The idea of a "temporary" watizit strikes me as a good idea.
That it takes a guild to get it....not so much. There are those solo players like me, and that makes it sort of out of bounds for those of us who haul ourselves up by our own bootstraps.
I do agree that some of the larger guilds, with players having more powerful buffs would be at a distinct advantage. The solution is simple: Buffs and structure plus' don't work against this especially tough beastie, and neither would potions. Equipment would function as normal. This gives a much more level playing field. Yep, crystalline gear would take a beating. You DO want that magic thingamajig don't you?
Since it's got to pop up somewhere, either make it appear in a lower realm so that most players can get to it, or perhaps a special portal like some of the seasonal events use. (although I don't favor the latter myself)
The main part would be to make sure it's available to all players, and not just the top guilds. And instead of some new artifact, how about something that ups the stamina recovery rate, or some such thing. EVERYONE always wants more stamina, and that would probably be worth fighting for. (Just imagine, almost unlimited stamina for a month.......... :twisted: )

If you want to level the playing field - then stop guild-tagged items working too. Actually, that's not too bad an idea :)

#45 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:33

If this idea were implemented, I wonder which guilds would be perennially scoring the reward?

Great point. That is, the higher level guild certainly would prevail as do the players with vast amounts of stam. To encourage participation, why not then have achievements based on ranges. We have ranges for the PvP ladder; we have ranges for PvPing; we have ranges for GvGing participation... So why not the same for Guild Achievements as well?

This is all offered/commented to encourage more players, more ACTIVE players, and maybe, just maybe, help encourage players to the game.

I like where your going... key is to encourage participation and activity... The greatest strength of FS is the community, copying someone else's idea off another thread, perhaps throw active guilds into x number "random" teams... have the teams fight it out and the teams left on top would score the award... hopefully it creates bonds between guilds and new friendships until the next reset when you become enemies :-)... only problem is how do you deal with those that don't want to join the fracas...

#46 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:52

I like where your going... key is to encourage participation and activity... The greatest strength of FS is the community, copying someone else's idea off another thread, perhaps throw active guilds into x number "random" teams... have the teams fight it out and the teams left on top would score the award... hopefully it creates bonds between guilds and new friendships until the next reset when you become enemies :-)... only problem is how do you deal with those that don't want to join the fracas...

Have a opt-in button for guilds similar to the opt-in button for the Ladder. That would deal with those that do not want to join the fracas.

#47 Command101

Command101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:36

Have a opt-in button for guilds similar to the opt-in button for the Ladder. That would deal with those that do not want to join the fracas.

you might still get those people that complain anyways.....

PM me in game if I get out bid on a piece. Thanks.Thaisetqb1_zpsiu932q47.png

#48 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 22:20

you might still get those people that complain anyways.....

So you think more people gonna complain about having to opt-in vs. being automatically tossed into the fracas? wow... we have some lazy people... :shock:

#49 volcom

volcom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 March 2013 - 23:11

This is all a great idea and stuff but it is important to remember that this will hardly be a competition at all. Same as every time something that EVERYONE wants comes out, one of the guilds at the top will take the prize. Just look at the stamina of the players up at top. How in the world are people like my self supposed to compete with people who have 50,000+ max stamina? The only way I see this working perhaps a little fairly is by making the prize attainable by level bracket (same as the PvP Ladder). Even then, it would be a game of survival of the fittest meaning those with huge amounts of stam and fsp would win; but it would make it a bit more attainable.

OR the prizes could vary for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place people; prizes being better the more you go up of course.

Well thats my 2 cents let me know what you all think about this idea!

P.S. I didn't go through the whole thread and read each and every thing so if someone already proposed this idea then sorry for repeating it.

#50 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 23:21

This is all a great idea and stuff but it is important to remember that this will hardly be a competition at all. Same as every time something that EVERYONE wants comes out, one of the guilds at the top will take the prize. Just look at the stamina of the players up at top. How in the world are people like my self supposed to compete with people who have 50,000+ max stamina? The only way I see this working perhaps a little fairly is by making the prize attainable by level bracket (same as the PvP Ladder). Even then, it would be a game of survival of the fittest meaning those with huge amounts of stam and fsp would win; but it would make it a bit more attainable.

OR the prizes could vary for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place people; prizes being better the more you go up of course.

Well thats my 2 cents let me know what you all think about this idea!

P.S. I didn't go through the whole thread and read each and every thing so if someone already proposed this idea then sorry for repeating it.

The 1st, 2nd, 3rd idea is a new idea. Would be a nice addition to the idea as well.

The top guilds win a lot of things in the game because they put their time, money, and effort into it, they can be expected to win this if that trend continues.

#51 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 16:27

Bump

#52 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:23

An idea was brought up to me that I thought related to this idea.. I did modify it a little to benefit most people. 

Idea: Let's say the Top 1, 5, or 10 levelers of the day (Rising Stars) were given an Epic to use for the next 24 hours that would give an extra stamina gain to encourage them to keep leveling. Would be competitive and the item would reset on the update of the Rising Stars ranking.

What does everyone think of this?

Note: I made this kind of broad so that there was room for changes. Comment here with your ideas, this idea is flexible!

#53 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 20:33

Bump

#54 GoldDuke

GoldDuke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:24

I don't like this idea because of the fact that, Higher level players have more max stamina and like Hoffa for example has like 270k max stam he could easily win if it was like attack the creature many times it would give higher level players a bigger gain.

#55 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:19

I don't like this idea because of the fact that, Higher level players have more max stamina and like Hoffa for example has like 270k max stam he could easily win if it was like attack the creature many times it would give higher level players a bigger gain.

But, given he's the #1 player in the game at the moment, he couldn't win it ... as the prize Gomez mentioned was linked to RISING STARS - i.e. those who gain the most ground on their peers in one hunt. 

All that being said, I don't like the idea :)

I'm just against the game giving more and more away, dumbing down more and more ....

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#56 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 20:50

I hope you do realize that your max stamina does not increase with levels, it is bought. Hoffa paid for his 270k max stamina just as you could.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: