zeder

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 26 March 2013 - 14:54

Is FS helper permanently broken? I've tried updating it & it hasn't worked for several weeks now.

ZederGift_zpsa47e7c25.png by Chagryn

#2 Removed94

Removed94

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 14:58

Which part? All of it?

I have no issues with version 1482....well at least the small parts of it I use occasionally

#3 zeder

zeder

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 March 2013 - 15:00

all of it........ it quit working for me. I was using Nightly from Firefox..... Now just using Firefox.

ZederGift_zpsa47e7c25.png by Chagryn

#4 jsustin212

jsustin212

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,554 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 15:46

working fine on chrome for me

jsus_zpsa8d5d247.png

#5 thisple

thisple

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 March 2013 - 17:12

might have to remove greasemonkey, reinstall. Has worked for me in the past to just reset everything.

#6 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 20:15

might have to remove greasemonkey, reinstall. Has worked for me in the past to just reset everything.

Plus you might want to clear your cache

#7 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 26 March 2013 - 20:29

I just wish that the cows would introduce the key features of the FSH into the core game code, and then ALL scripts could be banned.

Talk about a level playing field then ? :)

#8 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 22:06

I just wish that the cows would introduce the key features of the FSH into the core game code, and then ALL scripts could be banned.

The playing field was leveled when the Cows accepted the scripts. In addition, they put it under the resources tab for everyone to see.

#9 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 26 March 2013 - 22:09

The playing field was leveled when the Cows accepted the scripts. In addition, they put it under the resources tab for everyone to see.

Sorry, but NOT true on 2/3 counts.

1. Anyone with skills can adapt the FSH to suit their own purposes and, because it's an approved script, would probably get away with it. Ergo, not a level playing field ..

2. Not everyone can use Firefox or Chrome, some (poor unfortunate) folk are stuck with Internet Explored. Again, thus not a level playing field ..

3. Some folk play on their phones. Now I don't know this, but I suspect that the FSH doesn't work on those - so, again, not a level playing field ..

ALL FSH features in the core game - no need for scripts - level playing field.

#10 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 22:46

1. Anyone with skills can adapt the FSH to suit their own purposes and, because it's an approved script, would probably get away with it. Ergo, not a level playing field ..

2. Not everyone can use Firefox or Chrome, some (poor unfortunate) folk are stuck with Internet Explored. Again, thus not a level playing field ..

3. Some folk play on their phones. Now I don't know this, but I suspect that the FSH doesn't work on those - so, again, not a level playing field ..

My counter argument to your 2/3:

1. True, if someone had the skills to manipulate the script, they could change it. But I don't see it being a problem since their isn't really anything to manipulate. I assume there are a lot of countermeasures made by the cows to prevent anything that is able to be manipulated.

2. Can't they just download Firefox and Chrome off the internet? Last I checked, you didn't have to pay for those browsers.

3. In theory, FSH should work as long as they use the browser (Firefox or Chrome) on their phone.

If they ever do decide to add in the FSH features into the core game, I suspect it won't be on their top priority list.

#11 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 26 March 2013 - 22:55

1. True, if someone had the skills to manipulate the script, they could change it. But I don't see it being a problem since their isn't really anything to manipulate. I assume there are a lot of countermeasures made by the cows to prevent anything that is able to be manipulated.

2. Can't they just download Firefox and Chrome off the internet? Last I checked, you didn't have to pay for those browsers.

3. In theory, FSH should work as long as they use the browser (Firefox or Chrome) on their phone.

If they ever do decide to add in the FSH features into the core game, I suspect it won't be on their top priority list.

Countering your countermeasures ;)

1. The FSH can be made to do almost anything with the right knowledge. Whether the cows have security measures in place to detect that, who knows - but I'd certainly hope so. But, given the "there's titan cheating" argument NEVER goes away, folk moving from one side of the map to the next in 1 second, who knows. Not an aspect of the game I play, so can't personally comment.

2. Not everyone plays from home - some, shock horror, play from work, or public libraries etc, where the ability to download programs is very limited or even locked down completely.

3. How do they download / install it ? - Not having a smartphone, I wouldn't know. Anyone ? - does the FSH work ? - can it be downloaded / installed onto a phone ??

#12 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 23:06

Countering your countermeasures ;)

1. The FSH can be made to do almost anything with the right knowledge. Whether the cows have security measures in place to detect that, who knows - but I'd certainly hope so. But, given the "there's titan cheating" argument NEVER goes away, folk moving from one side of the map to the next in 1 second, who knows. Not an aspect of the game I play, so can't personally comment.

2. Not everyone plays from home - some, shock horror, play from work, or public libraries etc, where the ability to download programs is very limited or even locked down completely.

3. How do they download / install it ? - Not having a smartphone, I wouldn't know. Anyone ? - does the FSH work ? - can it be downloaded / installed onto a phone ??

Countering your countering of my counter argument on your argument

1. True, I also hope they have the security measures to detect any problems if they do come up. As for Titan hunting, the new beta map and old map countered any Titan cheating that I've heard of.

2. I have no argument since that is a true problem. But shouldn't they be working instead of playing FS?

3. I honestly don't know, going to try it on my smart phone. I said "in theory" since the script is supposed to work on the two browsers.

#13 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 26 March 2013 - 23:19

1. True, I also hope they have the security measures to detect any problems if they do come up. As for Titan hunting, the new beta map and old map countered any Titan cheating that I've heard of.

2. I have no argument since that is a true problem. But shouldn't they be working instead of playing FS?

3. I honestly don't know, going to try it on my smart phone. I said "in theory" since the script is supposed to work on the two browsers.

1: Depends on the code added. For the most part, undetectable. HCS are very reactive, and will usually only look for something if it is impacting the performance of Fallensword. Otherwise they usually will only investigate or tweak code when they are alerted to specific code functionality.

2: parents/libraries/schools/workplaces can lock down computers so only an administrator can install programs. This prevents malicious content often making it's way onto a computer. Many people fall into these categories, especially the first 3 I mentioned.

3: At this point, mobiles are limited in functionality, and greasemonkey scripts are not able to be used. May change in the future. Also comes down to the device operating systems and the restrictions they wish to put in place. IOS devices are locked down pretty tight unless you jailbreak them.

#14 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 23:35

1: Depends on the code added. For the most part, undetectable. HCS are very reactive, and will usually only look for something if it is impacting the performance of Fallensword. Otherwise they usually will only investigate or tweak code when they are alerted to specific code functionality.

2: parents/libraries/schools/workplaces can lock down computers so only an administrator can install programs. This prevents malicious content often making it's way onto a computer. Many people fall into these categories, especially the first 3 I mentioned.

3: At this point, mobiles are limited in functionality, and greasemonkey scripts are not able to be used. May change in the future. Also comes down to the device operating systems and the restrictions they wish to put in place. IOS devices are locked down pretty tight unless you jailbreak them.

1. To counter your input, I will need to bring my earlier argument back into light: The script may be manipulated, but there isn't really anything manipulate that can cause catastrophic problems. (if you have an example of one, please let me know)

Our hope and the FSH teams hope is that one day there will no longer be a need for it, but until that day we're not going to ban the use of it.

3. Picking a mobile phone gives the user a disadvantage at the start since other players have access to a computer, possibly a very fast one.

#15 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 26 March 2013 - 23:40

1. To counter your input, I will need to bring my earlier argument back into light: The script may be manipulated, but there isn't really anything manipulate that can cause catastrophic problems. (if you have an example of one, please let me know)

It's not just a case of manipulating the existing code .. completely new code can be added too - stuff to, let's say, automate the entire game for the player. Would something that obvious get detected, I'd certainly hope so, but there's bound to be little "tweaks / additions" here and there, by those in the know, to improve their gaming capabilities over those with less expertise.

For instance, I'm pretty sure that it would be relatively easy to check for items in the mailbox and then relist them in the AH for a pre-determined value ? (and, before it's said, I have ZERO javascript language experience - or any other programming language than BASIC for that matter - so no, I can't do that LOL)

Hence my saying that the FSH key features should be incorporated into the game, and then ALL scripts banned ...

#16 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 00:18

It's not just a case of manipulating the existing code .. completely new code can be added too - stuff to, let's say, automate the entire game for the player. Would something that obvious get detected, I'd certainly hope so, but there's bound to be little "tweaks / additions" here and there, by those in the know, to improve their gaming capabilities over those with less expertise.

For instance, I'm pretty sure that it would be relatively easy to check for items in the mailbox and then relist them in the AH for a pre-determined value ? (and, before it's said, I have ZERO javascript language experience - or any other programming language than BASIC for that matter - so no, I can't do that LOL)

Hence my saying that the FSH key features should be incorporated into the game, and then ALL scripts banned ...

Yes, new code can be added, but as we both hope, HCS has the security to prevent that.

I do not have any experience either.

Hence me forwarding Zorgs message, they hope it will happen sometime in the future.

#17 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 27 March 2013 - 00:21

As an example.

A player could modify the find gold page piece of code to check it every X-Y seconds (being variable makes it harder to detect automation), and then display on screen the name of the target with their stats and the amount of gold they have on hand, with a link to attack them.

Basically anything that pulls from large data sources, will create load on the back end systems.
Current functions such as find buffs, online players etc can be manipulated in ways that will create significant load.

The sooner that HCS remove the need for FSH, the better for the game and less lag in the long run.

#18 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 00:37

The sooner that HCS remove the need for FSH, the better for the game and less lag in the long run.

Hopefully Zorg is running a side project from Eldevin on this as we speak. There have already been upgrades to the base of FS that have cancelled out parts of FSH script, hopefully more to come in the future.

#19 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:58

I tried it with Firefox on my phone and it would not work.

#20 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 March 2013 - 00:40

of the same mindset, +1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: