Photo

Speechless about Top 100 - The Springtime forest and Shadow Bunnies!

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Uncle Beg

Uncle Beg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 13:43

I'm speechless.

To be top 100, you have to have 280,000 + kills.

I saved my stamina to the maximum (around 33,000) and burned all of them to get about 200,906 killls.

Something is lopsided here.

#2 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 13:58

i got about 10,000 kills with 1,000 stamina of just killing the shadow bunnies.. with level 500+ Global Booster, Conserve, and Animal Magnetism.. With Reckoning to help..

#3 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 16:08

Sorry dude, you've got some upgrading of max stam to do. The Easter global is one of the more popular globals of the year because of the extremely high skill levels of the pots. Skills of level 600+ are given. Two more pots make players that much stronger. It's difficult to judge sometimes when you should only go for the minimum kills(9000 in this case), not waste the stam, and get your 3 pots. Similarly this is another example of how divisive these super pots are. Nearly 10 years of FS gameplay players are competing with highly upgraded players. Now, without these super pots, players simply can't compete with those that have them, especially in PvP. Just remember that donations for upgrades are what make the FS world continue.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#4 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 17:40

Ive finished 101st before ,,,  and it sucks..SUCKS  ! You wasted all your time and stam for a bonus you simply fell short of! better luck next time! But the 3 pots you received are still super uber! Great event!

#5 Uncle Beg

Uncle Beg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 18:33

Maybe the rules can be changed a little to make all the effort worth it.

Instead of Top 100, maybe reward should be tied to total kills:

1.  Minimum Ruby ... 10,000 kills (3 potions)

2.  100,000+ kills (2 additional potions)

3.  200,000+ kills (3 additional potions)

4.  400,000+ kills (4 additional potions)

5.  500,000+ kills (5 additional potions)

Just an idea

Edited by beg2lose, 30 March 2016 - 18:35.

#6 gilby90813

gilby90813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 18:43

It okay the way it is.... I been 101-110 a few times it blows but I usually enjoyed the event. I laugh about it, plan accordingly by investing more and more on max stamina to avoid the dilemma

Edited by gilby90813, 30 March 2016 - 18:45.

#7 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 30 March 2016 - 19:14

Maybe the rules can be changed a little to make all the effort worth it.

Instead of Top 100, maybe reward should be tied to total kills:

1.  Minimum Ruby ... 10,000 kills (3 potions)

2.  100,000+ kills (2 additional potions)

3.  200,000+ kills (3 additional potions)

4.  400,000+ kills (4 additional potions)

5.  500,000+ kills (5 additional potions)

Just an idea

That idea just furthers the divide between those that "have" and those that "don't have".  So, NO to that idea.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#8 smileynirv

smileynirv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 19:42

how about we tell everyone in the game to only do exactly 50k kills so we all get the rewards LOL. joking of course. 

#9 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 30 March 2016 - 20:23

how about we tell everyone in the game to only do exactly 50k kills so we all get the rewards LOL. joking of course. 

thats actually funny :)

#10 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 21:40

So basically, you're complaining because you didn't happen to get the reward for spending tons of stam to get into the top 100?

That's my read, sorry if your point was actually different.

What's "lopsided" is the fact that others spent far more stam than you did to achieve their goal. Here, i will anticipate those "oh, the uber pots are so unfair" comments by stating... yeah, those that everybody has and only some decide to use.

Oh wait... "pay-to-win"... Sure. And? 

This whole utopian idea that money doesn't matter is great. But when you suggest that it shouldn't be a factor, I always wonder where in the world that's the case. 

Concentrate on changing RL and I'm pretty sure FS will change. 

One of my guildies burned all their stam on this GE and was more than half-way up on the top 100 with over 100k kills. A stellar contribution, im-notso-ho. 

We talked throughout the event and I told them that I doubted they would make it. The trade-off were the frags. 

I myself had other priorities as is natural in FS. I did the 9k min then dedicated around another 8 hours during the event to racking in frags while doing those priorities. 

My guildie was waiting til the final run to see if they could make it. They realized they had no chance because of the stam they had and yet decided to continue for the frag benefit and to find out just how many they could make for future GEs in order to be able to evaluate what it would take. 

CONCLUSION:

Yeah, I'm speechless too. I hope that next year the minimum for Ruby is pumped to at least 70 million and that the minimum needed isn't changed. 

Your decision on what you did was based on something... I'm not 100% what it was. I can only guess. Better luck next time and try to be more efficient. And hey, personally, I love the prizes you got even if you didn't get the bonus. 

I'd highly disagree with post #5... seems like it directly contradicts what you're saying. More importantly from my POV, it contradicts what is "supposed" to be the reasoning behind the GEs which is the FS Community working together.

Grant it... that's probably a pipe dream. But hey... 

The major objection I have to post #5 is that it is completely illogical. The "FS Community" got three times (?) the needed kills for Ruby. How would that suggestion improve FS Community involvement? 

Let's completely up the needed kills for Ruby Tier... it's clear that the required level was not an effort above and beyond. And now that it has been proven... time to up the ante. 

#11 smileynirv

smileynirv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 21:58

So basically, you're complaining because you didn't happen to get the reward for spending tons of stam to get into the top 100?

That's my read, sorry if your point was actually different.

What's "lopsided" is the fact that others spent far more stam than you did to achieve their goal. Here, i will anticipate those "oh, the uber pots are so unfair" comments by stating... yeah, those that everybody has and only some decide to use.

Oh wait... "pay-to-win"... Sure. And? 

This whole utopian idea that money doesn't matter is great. But when you suggest that it shouldn't be a factor, I always wonder where in the world that's the case. 

Concentrate on changing RL and I'm pretty sure FS will change. 

One of my guildies burned all their stam on this GE and was more than half-way up on the top 100 with over 100k kills. A stellar contribution, im-notso-ho. 

We talked throughout the event and I told them that I doubted they would make it. The trade-off were the frags. 

I myself had other priorities as is natural in FS. I did the 9k min then dedicated around another 8 hours during the event to racking in frags while doing those priorities. 

My guildie was waiting til the final run to see if they could make it. They realized they had no chance because of the stam they had and yet decided to continue for the frag benefit and to find out just how many they could make for future GEs in order to be able to evaluate what it would take. 

CONCLUSION:

Yeah, I'm speechless too. I hope that next year the minimum for Ruby is pumped to at least 70 million and that the minimum needed isn't changed. 

Your decision on what you did was based on something... I'm not 100% what it was. I can only guess. Better luck next time and try to be more efficient. And hey, personally, I love the prizes you got even if you didn't get the bonus. 

I'd highly disagree with post #5... seems like it directly contradicts what you're saying. More importantly from my POV, it contradicts what is "supposed" to be the reasoning behind the GEs which is the FS Community working together.

Grant it... that's probably a pipe dream. But hey... 

The major objection I have to post #5 is that it is completely illogical. The "FS Community" got three times (?) the needed kills for Ruby. How would that suggestion improve FS Community involvement? 

Let's completely up the needed kills for Ruby Tier... it's clear that the required level was not an effort above and beyond. And now that it has been proven... time to up the ante. 

i read that in vegitas voice...funny LOL

#12 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 22:01

bulma-vegeta-gif-1.gif?w=474&h=265

#13 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 March 2016 - 22:21

This thread and the motivation behind it make me sad. :(

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#14 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 22:23

Leave the GE as it is please. Just because this is one of those that bring out the big hitters is no reason to change the event in a way that would make it harder on those still building their stam. :)

I would like to see this type of community showing for the other GEs.

It would  be nice.

#15 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 23:09

i read that in vegitas voice...funny LOL

OMG... You actually read that? Nice, best news I've had all day. xoxo.

bulma-vegeta-gif-1.gif?w=474&h=265

I was going to say that I don't have blue hair... but upon further contemplation, I'm not sure if I was supposed to be the one on the left or the one on the right. 

Probably it has nothing to do with me at all.

This thread and the motivation behind it make me sad. :(

I feel ya Doom... but... maybe some good can come out of it? Friggin A... Ya know, I saw this Brit comment today in my job about how us yanks tend to try and see the glass half-full and Britons tend to see the glass half-empty. 

I don't know if I agree or not, but it definitely gave me pause for thought. 

Leave the GE as it is please. Just because this is one of those that bring out the big hitters is no reason to change the event in a way that would make it harder on those still building their stam. :)

I would like to see this type of community showing for the other GEs.

It would  be nice.

I agree and one could hope... I would have liked your post but I'm a cynic. I don't really think this was a community thing. 

That is purely my opinion and it's hard for me to imagine a GE reflecting that "community" spirit without individual rewards. But hey, I agree... we could try and see. 

#16 smileynirv

smileynirv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 23:32

read what now? 

#17 Uncle Beg

Uncle Beg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 23:39

Egami, which part of my post did you read as a complain?

That's a sad attitude to go through life with because your reflection is shown through your action and communication.

No wonder a lot of players don't even want to post their thoughts or ideas here.

My 2 points were very simple:

1.  The minimum for Top 100 is over 300,000 kills.  Speechless is a normal reaction.  I'm pretty sure a lot of players feel the same way.

2.  As for my idea, it's just an idea to improve the reward system and give others the incentive to get more kills.  Look back before the TKP implementation.  Only big guilds get the drops.  Thanks to other players that suggested the TKP, we now have a good chance of getting Titan gears.

Don't appreciate your negative feedback and accusation.

#18 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 23:43

I need more base stam. lol  I'll keep working on it.

#19 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 31 March 2016 - 00:52

Egami, which part of my post did you read as a complain?

That's a sad attitude to go through life with because your reflection is shown through your action and communication.

No wonder a lot of players don't even want to post their thoughts or ideas here.

Don't appreciate your negative feedback and accusation.

In fairness to Egami, I read your OP as a complaint too ...

Maybe it was the way it was written (and I'm just as guilty as others for making ambiguous posts from time to time) but it seemed like a "I'm peed off, I spent all this stamina, got all those kills and still didn't get the top 100 reward" comment/complaint to me..

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#20 TxLxS

TxLxS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 01:59

Well nothing is ever fair and I honestly don't bother with ge events I just get the min for ruby but I do get what your saying and I would feel the same :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: