• Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 11 August 2010 - 10:37

Game Update v1.658

Posted Image

Hi all,

In this major PvP Ladder update we have added/changed the following:

Target Range Increase

The PvP target range has increased to +/- 10 for players over level 200. Note however that if you are over level 200, you can not attack players below level 195.

PvP Ladder Weekly Reset

The PvP Ladder is now reset on a weekly basis. This occurs on Wednesdays at 10am server time. PvP Ladder Tokens will be awarded to the Top 50 when the ladder is reset. More details on this can be found on the PvP Ladder page

Minimum Bounty Board Attacks

There is now a minimum of 10 attacks when placing a bounty. This will help reduce any abuse of it for PvP Rating transfer in conjunction with the PvP Rating transfer only being applied to the player that actually completes the bounty.

Bounty Board Stamina Limit

Stamina used in completing bounties will be limited by the maximum stamina used in the attack(s) that allowed the bounty to be created.

Deflected Message

An Attacker will now get a message in their Logs when their attack is deflected.

PvP Rating Transfer during Bounties

A snap shot taken of the targets PvP rating when the bounty is created. No PvP rating transfer occurs during the bounty. Only the winner of the bounty will gain a PvP Rating transfer for the equivalent amount of attacks plus a small bonus for successfully completing the Bounty. This helps prevent excessive PvP Rating loss for the Bounty Target while still allowing the Winning Bounty Hunter to gain PvP Rating for the completed bounty.

Failed Attack Repercussions

If an attacker is defeated by his target he will loses experience, gold (and PvP Rating if the player was not inactive) as a result for losing as the target currently does at this time. This keeps PvP completely fair. There are no longer any safeguards against failing your attacks against other players. The winning defender cannot be bountied.

Attacking Inactive Players

PvP Rating and PvP Prestige will no longer be awarded for defeating inactive players.

XP Loss in both directions

XP loss will now apply regardless if the attacking player is above or below the defending players level.

Failed Bounty Hunter attacks

Failed Bounty Hunter attacks will NOT result in loss of XP

We hope you enjoy this major update!

~ The Fallen Sword Team

#2 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 11 August 2010 - 10:54

http://www.fallenswo... ... =pvptokens

that page isn't working :)

#3 tsink20

tsink20

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 10:56

One aspect of this change needs top be reversed. The loss of xp to a bounty hunter on a failed attack is a huge mistake for multiple reasons. One, it may kill bounty hunting. Many bounty hunters take bounties where they know they will lose several combats. By installing this update, you just incentivized bounty hunters to only take bounties of players well below their level. This will also create the effect of making most very high levels impervious o the Board since most hunters will take more damage in clearing than they can inflict in clearing. Also, for me, you just ruined the most fun part of the game for me -- which is clearing difficult bounties. I have spent up to 2 1/2 hours clearing people twice my level or more. By installing this update, you just guaranteed I would lose 4-5 levels clearing a bounty of that nature. I can't imagine that was your intent.

Also, it the Bounty Boad is intended to be punishment for a pvp hit, why would you want to inflict punishment on the players clearing the bounty. That also is nonsensical. I absolutely can see the reason for it n PvP. In PvP, the target has no idea if and when they are going to be hit. On the Bounty Board, the target knows they will be hit, when they will be hit, and a good pvp player can switch sets in response. The end result will be that bounty hunters will lose for far xp than regular pvp players due to this update.

#4 Removed22342

Removed22342

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 10:57

So you loose XP for failed attacks on BB, that's gonna make high level players hog the board.

And XP loss for successful BB attacks doesn't display, I think it's still there but doesn't show. Seems to be the same for off board attacks.

#5 DaleJunior

DaleJunior

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 10:58

Hi, the following is from the pvp ladder page:

How do I increase my PvP Rating?
You can improve your PvP Rating by being victories over other players in combat.

Should say "victorious", not victories

And from the Home Page Announcement:

If an attacker is defeated by his target he will loses experience, gold (and PvP Rating if the player was not inactive) as a result for losing as the target currently does at this time

Should be "lose". Thank you.

#6 Smpad

Smpad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Netherlands

Posted 11 August 2010 - 10:58

Since the rewards are resources, i guess you need a receipt to use them.
any idea or update where it can be purchased?

#7 dar

dar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 11:04

Will the PvP Rewards be bound to the player that earns them?

#8 Nazgul07

Nazgul07

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 11:05

Thanks hoof, but there's a bug... I attacked someone with deflect and he deflected my attack, the messgae in my log was: 11:02 11/Aug/2010 Your attack on Nazgul07 was deflected. [ Reply | Trade | ST | Buff ]

#9 Removed22342

Removed22342

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 11:11

I would like to know who's gonna clear a high-level/skilled PvP:er on a 20 hit bounty, LOL.

Just lost a 100 stam on purpose:

mickeus lost 2383113 experience.
mickeus lost 24815 gold of which xxx stole 18612 gold
xxx gained PvP rating of 9.

#10 fs_pinkgoblin

fs_pinkgoblin
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2010 - 11:11

This update sounds ok ... we'll see how it works out.

However this decision:

Bounty Board Stamina Limit

Stamina used in completing bounties will be limited by the maximum stamina used in the attack(s) that allowed the bounty to be created.
is terrible! UNLESS you guys have implemted a change to our player logs that say: Player X has attacked you with (1-100) stamina, we have no way of knowing how much stamina we were really hit with. Hitting someone for 99 is the same as a 100 stamina attack pretty much. I can also see players abusing this. I hit someone for 10 stamina every hour to bully them or whatever, and they can only place a 10 stamina bounty per hit bounty on me? There's no punishment in THAT. Especially since I can hit someone over and over and over and they can still only place one bounty on me.

#11 fs_pinkgoblin

fs_pinkgoblin
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2010 - 11:13

One aspect of this change needs top be reversed. The loss of xp to a bounty hunter on a failed attack is a huge mistake for multiple reasons. One, it may kill bounty hunting. Many bounty hunters take bounties where they know they will lose several combats. By installing this update, you just incentivized bounty hunters to only take bounties of players well below their level. This will also create the effect of making most very high levels impervious o the Board since most hunters will take more damage in clearing than they can inflict in clearing. Also, for me, you just ruined the most fun part of the game for me -- which is clearing difficult bounties. I have spent up to 2 1/2 hours clearing people twice my level or more. By installing this update, you just guaranteed I would lose 4-5 levels clearing a bounty of that nature. I can't imagine that was your intent.

Also, it the Bounty Boad is intended to be punishment for a pvp hit, why would you want to inflict punishment on the players clearing the bounty. That also is nonsensical. I absolutely can see the reason for it n PvP. In PvP, the target has no idea if and when they are going to be hit. On the Bounty Board, the target knows they will be hit, when they will be hit, and a good pvp player can switch sets in response. The end result will be that bounty hunters will lose for far xp than regular pvp players due to this update.

This is a good point as well.

#12 Removed22342

Removed22342

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 11:14

See a player on the board with rating of 19, is that right?

11:12 11/Aug/2010 You were victorious over xxx in combat. [ View Combat ] (Bounty Kill)
11:12 11/Aug/2010 You completed a bounty on xxx gaining the reward of 70,000 Gold

Not sure if this is just something with the servers acting up, wrong order or different than it used too at least.

xxx lost 28562 gold of which mickeus stole 21422 gold
mickeus gained PvP rating of 210.
mickeus gained 1 PvP Prestige.

#13 fs_commiedevo

fs_commiedevo
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2010 - 11:16

You have ruined bounty hunting. I will most likely quit playing if XP/Gold lost goes both ways. The POINT of the BB is to punish players for XP/Gold theft. You have now made it possible for those posted to actually GAIN MORE XP/Gold by being posted. This is not what ANYONE wants. Now bounty medals just mean you buy unchallenging down-shot tickets.

And I suppose GvG is still a risk-free PvP game. Because HCS KNOWS that if they made GvGers lose levels and gold, EVERY guild founder would complain. But, it's easy to take the fun out of the game for bounty hunters??

Totally undermined a good thing. Well, I hope the other hunters voice their anger. If nothing changes, I quit.

Could not be more disappointed.

#14 fs_ogre49285

fs_ogre49285
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2010 - 11:19

This is a good point as well.

I tend to agree, If you know it is coming you will be defending much differently. You are punishing the messenger in this single change.

#15 Anemie

Anemie

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 11:19

And I suppose GvG is still a risk-free PvP game. Because HCS KNOWS that if they made GvGers lose levels and gold, EVERY guild founder would complain. But, it's easy to take the fun out of the game for bounty hunters??

I would so love to see GvG attacks counting as PvP ones--even if loss/gain would be only 50% of normal PvP attack..

#16 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 11:22

You make a good point about unfairly punishing the BHer. I would like to see xp loss for a failed attack removed OR, more preferably, have xp gain for a successful win on the BB. This could also apply for direct PvP.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#17 Removed22342

Removed22342

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 11:23

I think the other parts are decent or at least have the possibility to work out for the better.

BUT, XP loss on BB is messed up if you ask me, if player A hits player B, player B bounties and his friends starts to 100 stam, loose levels and stam doing so if player A is any good or the friends aren't all that familiar with PvP ... PLUS they can get bountied? LOL

That will just make the gap between someone PvP:ing a lot and someone helping a friend a LOT bigger than it used to be.

#18 dragon1234

dragon1234

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 August 2010 - 11:34

isnt the cost for the resources a little low? 20/5/1? should be more if the top person is gonna get 100 per 2 weeks...

dragon1234 - Ranger - lv 45

NoExercise - Tank - lv 45

DragonStorage - Storage - lv 13

#19 Removed22342

Removed22342

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 11:39

PvP Rating Transfer during Bounties

No PvP rating transfer occurs during the bounty. Only the winner of the bounty will gain a PvP Rating transfer for the equivalent amount of attacks plus a small bonus for successfully completing the Bounty. This helps prevent excessive PvP Rating loss for the Bounty Target while still allowing the Winning Bounty Hunter to gain PvP Rating for the completed bounty.

You still loose rating if you loose a hit as a hunter, is that's what intended?

#20 acvila

acvila

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 11:43

how is the pvp ladder medal working now?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: