• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 17 May 2016 - 23:25

Hi all,

We have just updated the game with the following improvements:

- The "New Medals Achieved" news within the Tavern Rumours has been reworked so that it now displays a lot more players each time. Note the list of players medals to show is still quite backlogged, but this should clear soon as it can now display up to 500 medals achieved each time rather than the previous 10!

- The ignore list within the log page is now also applied to the global chat so if you ignore a player there you will no longer see any global chat messages they post.

- A new preference has been added for confirming bids in the auction house.

- Added the ability to have flash sales on Bounty Tickets.

- Fixed an issue with the Quest Hunter skill not working correctly with the tutorial.

We're planning to update the Fallen Sword Guide next week with improvements and also then post up a list of upcoming game improvements :)

~ The Fallen Sword Team

#2 xxlooperxx

xxlooperxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 00:48

Nice updates! I especially am glad to see the medals caught up.. Thanks hoof!

XXLOOPERXX%20SIG.png

#3 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 01:35

Hoof, always great to see you spending valuable time on the game! Thanks for the updates. Can players expect any type of resurrection of Seasons or any substantive addition to the game like a mobile platform?

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#4 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 May 2016 - 04:38

Would it be possible to have a preference setting for ignore list to apply to global chat? I'd like to have the ability to have a genuine "global" chat and I think a few people may have a massive list of ignored players they might be fine with interacting with.

I know of a few people who had each other on ignore, or one of them had the other on ignore that got to know each other a bit via global chat and are on good terms. I'd like to have the option of that if possible.

GutieGGtsig_zps678d4c8f.png

Are you active? Enjoy playing FS for fun and striving for lofty goals? Looking to join a guild that invests in itself and seeks to improve and grow in all aspects of the game?

Secret Alliance can be your home in FS! We are looking for active, motivated and driven players who have a passion and genuine enjoyment of FS to join us as we continue to rise towards the TOP! If interested feel free to send me a PM.

SA is also looking for one or two guild mergers INTO SA. Feel free to ask for details.

#5 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 05:44

- The "New Medals Achieved" news within the Tavern Rumours has been reworked so that it now displays a lot more players each time. Note the list of players medals to show is still quite backlogged, but this should clear soon as it can now display up to 500 medals achieved each time rather than the previous 10!

I like most of the upgrades, but the medal list seems a bit retrograde. Wasn't it player feedback that got you to cut down the size of this list in the first place? I recall a lot of complaints that very long medal lists made it very difficult to find any other information in the tavern rumours.

It is a much more condensed list style this time, but (1) it still dominates the rumour archive and makes that unwieldy and (2) it is such a dense list of names that I'm never going to scan it for players anyway (and I doubt I will be unique in that).

Wouldn't it have been better to displaying a managable fraction of new medals (selected at random) rather than displaying all of them in a way that effectively makes the achievement invisible?

#6 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 18 May 2016 - 06:14

I knew it was backlogged, but not THAT backogged ?

Ruby Top 100 AlexLouis, AriaPro, AssassinUK, Azarek, Bleltch, bryllo, dangme, datman67, delver, dowuones, EvilTrace, Ghafla, Heelander, HitcHorus, iut044, JMJaxx, jonathan69, jr1093, kalish, kathmon, LadyMo, LordSly, LuxFerre, mary4ever, meroving, Mysteryess, nikec7590i, oucho, Pardoux, purebreed, radon23, robinhood2, Rowbeth, ruffdogg7, shwazemoto, sttawnaes, thornus, tiggertess, Undjuvion, UTABONES, vamunre, vayu, WindBattle, Y0DA, yadiday, Zarg0r, Zevious, Zokanta

Heck, I'm almost Diamond now, which means the backlog is 9 - 10 months or so ... dunno why you just didn't wipe out the backlog and start with current medals earned..

Edited by Pardoux, 18 May 2016 - 06:15.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#7 Plexus37

Plexus37

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 06:22

Like the new medal list, though you can get lost in the detail. Any chance to highlight friends, guild members in the list?

Maybe more a helper suggestion though...

#8 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 May 2016 - 08:13

Oh yes, finally. Thankyou. :)

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#9 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 15:32

I like most of the upgrades, but the medal list seems a bit retrograde. Wasn't it player feedback that got you to cut down the size of this list in the first place? I recall a lot of complaints that very long medal lists made it very difficult to find any other information in the tavern rumours.

It is a much more condensed list style this time, but (1) it still dominates the rumour archive and makes that unwieldy and (2) it is such a dense list of names that I'm never going to scan it for players anyway (and I doubt I will be unique in that).

Wouldn't it have been better to displaying a managable fraction of new medals (selected at random) rather than displaying all of them in a way that effectively makes the achievement invisible?

I think the original medals listing broke the news page, hence the shortened version which only increased the backlog.

I knew it was backlogged, but not THAT backogged ?

Ruby Top 100 AlexLouis, AriaPro, AssassinUK, Azarek, Bleltch, bryllo, dangme, datman67, delver, dowuones, EvilTrace, Ghafla, Heelander, HitcHorus, iut044, JMJaxx, jonathan69, jr1093, kalish, kathmon, LadyMo, LordSly, LuxFerre, mary4ever, meroving, Mysteryess, nikec7590i, oucho, Pardoux, purebreed, radon23, robinhood2, Rowbeth, ruffdogg7, shwazemoto, sttawnaes, thornus, tiggertess, Undjuvion, UTABONES, vamunre, vayu, WindBattle, Y0DA, yadiday, Zarg0r, Zevious, Zokanta

Heck, I'm almost Diamond now, which means the backlog is 9 - 10 months or so ... dunno why you just didn't wipe out the backlog and start with current medals earned..

I suspect once the backlog gets caught up with using this listing style there will be far fewer medals gained each day, making it far easier to read.

Good update :)

#10 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 17:39

We're planning to update the Fallen Sword Guide next week with improvements and also then post up a list of upcoming game improvements :)

~ The Fallen Sword Team

Busy, busy... just had to say "super thanks" for that part. 

Prosperous smacking everybody! (o0

#11 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 21:02

The new medals listing is showing the same names (for the same medals) in more than 1 listing.

For example, I have been listed for all my top 100 medals in all medal listings since the update.

The list will never get shorter  that way :(

#12 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 21:40

The new medals listing is showing the same names (for the same medals) in more than 1 listing.

For example, I have been listed for all my top 100 medals in all medal listings since the update.

Correct. It looks like the list never drops players.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#13 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 May 2016 - 23:27

Oops - fixing this now - it isn't marking the medals are shown correctly at the moment so it's re-showing them again instead of the next in the list :(

#14 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 May 2016 - 23:38

Hoof, always great to see you spending valuable time on the game! Thanks for the updates. Can players expect any type of resurrection of Seasons or any substantive addition to the game like a mobile platform?

We have the mobile version in the works, but it is a massive project. We'll be posting up the next list of upcoming updates next week - at the moment they are focused on smaller, more regular improvements as I think these tend to work better overall for the game.

The issue with the medals in the news is definitely fixed as well now :)

#15 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 01:31

Thanks for the communication!

[Signature removed]

#16 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 14:32

agreed...this is a great update..soon the medals will be showing active players getting medals..much better...also agree on thxs for the communication on this thread...great to see Hoof in the forums.

just when in the forums..please , (even if it is a very short reply) reply to all of the lastest threads..i would say some parts of the game feel left out on communication- arena, gvg (arena threads never get a reply from Hoof, like the lastest on on the first page) ..so that we just know that you have read the threads, and feel like at least a small amount of time was taken to acknowledge those parts of the game still exist in the cows minds.

#17 tharzill

tharzill

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 16:47

Thanks for the hard work to get these improvements in game!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: