• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#41 Ringhal

Ringhal

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 14:02

I do not have a problem with PvP getting any updates, I just have to disagree that increasing the ranges is the right thing to do. This is the main point of my posts. Fix GvG, the arena or the ladder, if they are broken or even bring back a working version of PvP seasons that will make everyone happy.

The only solution is to increase the number of active players, or at least prevent the decline. The app, once released, may or may not help with this. Fixing the DQs, or to be specific, make the rewards more worthwhile and allow for re-rolls.  Something needs to be implemented or improved to make this happen.

I will re-quote myself in case it was missed. Almost every aspect of FS needs active players. HCS and the community need to come up with ideas to increase the activity in all areas.

#42 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 31 May 2019 - 15:04

I do not have a problem with PvP getting any updates, I just have to disagree that increasing the ranges is the right thing to do. This is the main point of my posts. Fix GvG, the arena or the ladder, if they are broken or even bring back a working version of PvP seasons that will make everyone happy.

I will re-quote myself in case it was missed. Almost every aspect of FS needs active players. HCS and the community need to come up with ideas to increase the activity in all areas.

Well, I'm not going to beat a dead horse.  You're certainly entitled to your opinion here, as are we all.  Hopefully Hoof can look at the whole matter objectively and come up with a solution that will please most everybody.  

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#43 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 01 June 2019 - 04:03

ok then how about the idea of when you hit someone ,a % of the xp they loose is added to yours ,only in pvp ,not ladders or bounties ?

not a huge amount but enough to make you think about it

yes it will increase pvp ,but thats a good thing for a pvp game isnt it ?

Edited by activeh1, 01 June 2019 - 04:05.

5aZzW0p.png,

#44 fishboy95

fishboy95

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 02:58

I would love it if pvp ranges were extended. It's hard to get the daily quests sometimes with few targets.

#45 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 19:44

This is a little off topic, but since it was mentioned here...

We really need to implement the re-roll option for the DQ, for PvP and other reasons pertaining to "impossible DQ's"

Case In Point

Today in Global:

[R] (18:04) Guest#657981 [6]: Where can I find super elite creatures for Daily Quest?

[R] (18:10) Mellyn [1114]: You aren't going to find any for your level...hurry up and grow!

Situations like this are not conducive for "guest" to change their name and come back later when their stam refills....  Which IMO is critically BAD for the game.

Edited by BadPenny, 21 June 2019 - 19:45.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#46 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 21 June 2019 - 21:21

We really need to implement the re-roll option for the DQ, for PvP and other reasons pertaining to "impossible DQ's"

Case In Point

Today in Global:

[R] (18:04) Guest#657981 [6]: Where can I find super elite creatures for Daily Quest?

[R] (18:10) Mellyn [1114]: You aren't going to find any for your level...hurry up and grow!

Situations like this are not conducive for "guest" to change their name and come back later when their stam refills....  Which IMO is critically BAD for the game.

A reroll for DQ ? - meh, I'm ambivalent about it tbh, but saying the lack of one is critically bad for the game I think is a bit of an over-reach ;)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#47 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 02:27

Well, Pardoux, I'm looking at it from Guest#whatever's point of view.  Just started today and can't do the daily quest....  What will they play tomorrow?  Something where they can do each and every daily quest. 

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#48 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 22 June 2019 - 03:53

Case In Point

Today in Global:

yep they have said they like the idea ,will just have to wait for them to get to it

Well, Pardoux, I'm looking at it from Guest#whatever's point of view.  Just started today and can't do the daily quest....  What will they play tomorrow?  Something where they can do each and every daily quest. 

and the way they were spoken to in global ,which is mostly the norm theses days ,except for a few yourself included  penny that want to help them . The rest just seem to ignore them or speak to them like cannon fodder

Edited by activeh1, 22 June 2019 - 05:55.

5aZzW0p.png,

#49 goolsby7

goolsby7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 20:00

*returns to the forums once more*

As far as increasing the ranges, I agree with this wholeheartedly. Say what you will @Ringhal as you indeed have your opinion, but even if we get more active players (which has been steadily getting further from being possible over the years), it will be ages before they get anywhere close to higher levels for the actives in those ranges to actually have targets. True, ive seen some amazing players that have joined in the past few years that have either made it to EOC or high levels, but not through lack of playing the game nonstop and buying tons of upgrades. Realistically, the level range increases are only making it fair to those who still play and the game itself. Its been said plenty but ill say it myself as well. This is a pvp centered game, or at least it was intended to be.

I myself used to be a self proclaimed "leveler" for the longest time. and in a way i still am, its one of my main focuses besides inventing (that itself a dying art), and eventually the arena (i dabble in it time to time). Back when i was lower levels, around the 2-400s, I was pretty active in GVGs and other various pvp centered stuff. But with how targets are now, with so few active in the ranges im in now be it gvg, ladder, or just 'find player', it takes a lot of the joy out of it really. Like someone said earlier, its rare to see anyone active with gold on hand to even consider attacking for the sake of attacking. That used to be one of my favorite things to do, steal gold. Now? im lucky if i see someone with more then 100k active within my range. and thats pretty much the same 3 people at any given time.

My point being: something needs to be done, and the range extension is a good start.

There will always be people who "dont like" pvp or have the oh so dreaded "attack=bounty", but then thats what the ghost town of a bounty board is for.

as far as the topic of newer players:

and the way they were spoken to in global ,which is mostly the norm theses days ,except for a few yourself included  penny that want to help them . The rest just seem to ignore them or speak to them like cannon fodder

This, unfortunately, is all to true. And thats when you can get them to talk in the first place! But this goes both ways as well. Many a time have i gone to the new player tab, greeted an active new player and handed out some buffs, only to watch them continue on and ignore me as if i dont exist. Sure, i get a little salty and decide to not do it again for a while, but i try. 

Gold / Kill peaks at about Level 310 or so - and then drops again twice - once at 1601 (from average 300g / kill with no doubler/mer/th to 250g / kill) and then again at at 1626 (down another 50g / kill to an average of 200g / kill)

#50 Tilley10

Tilley10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 05:28

(Again, scrolling through old threads.)

PvP range is in dire need of an increase. My lowly level of 999 has barely 10 targets - I cannot imagine the ghost town that is 1500-3500. Increasing the range will allow more people to be hit for DQ or gold. This thus will stimulate the Bounty Board a little bit. We all know that the Bounty Board needs a serious revision as some days there are only a handful of bounties placed but that is another topic. In the end, a larger PvP target range will increase activity, which is never a bad thing. Seems like an easy thing to implement in my opinion.

#51 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 05:47

I currently have 1 person in my PvP range eligible for a DQ.  And if he/she levels out of range, I have to level up and catch him/her to do my DQ.  I have gotten PvP DQ's 3 days in a row now.  I decided that this poor person deserves a break from seeing me in their logs, so I skipped today's DQ.   It irks me to do it though, I hate leaving things undone.....

Please, Bovine Overlords, revisit the re-roll option for the DQ.  I know I would pay for it, can't really think of anyone who wouldn't

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#52 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 08 July 2020 - 10:59

Its been said for years but let guildmates hit one another. Remove the xp loss from it if you're worried about abuse, and extend the range to whatever you deem fit. ( I beleive a wide wide range would be needed with so few playing the game these days.)

It may bring some more activity to the game, or at least to guild activity. Players can try setups against one another, teach one another, and even burn a bit of stam in the meantime.

It won't add anything to the bounty board but thats been dead for a long time now.

Cheers,

~ Maeh

Edited by Maehdros, 08 July 2020 - 11:00.

#53 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 08 July 2020 - 11:30

Its been said for years but let guildmates hit one another. Remove the xp loss from it if you're worried about abuse, and extend the range to whatever you deem fit. ( I beleive a wide wide range would be needed with so few playing the game these days.)

It may bring some more activity to the game, or at least to guild activity. Players can try setups against one another, teach one another, and even burn a bit of stam in the meantime.

It won't add anything to the bounty board but thats been dead for a long time now.

Cheers,

~ Maeh

ok wasnt going to comment on a old thread but this is just insane ,guildmates hitting each other ,how would this not be abused for medals and such ?

5aZzW0p.png,

#54 Corrupted

Corrupted

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Dominican Republic

Posted 08 July 2020 - 11:37

I think they mean hitting people in Regular PvP. Don't think you can gain any medals from that.

#55 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 08 July 2020 - 11:40

ok wasnt going to comment on a old thread but this is just insane ,guildmates hitting each other ,how would this not be abused for medals and such ?

Which medals? It wouldn't count for smasher, there wouldn't be any xp loss( to delevel one another). It would be a separate attack from the ladder.( at least I would hope so)

Its just guildmates playfully slapping one another. Not really slapping..... before someone misquotes me lol.

Edited by Maehdros, 08 July 2020 - 11:41.

#56 Tilley10

Tilley10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 13:20

That’s most likely a no from the Cows. The only way to ever attack a guildmate is through arena, and it’ll stay that way. Attacking Guildmates also won’t solve the issue that Penny has with only one person in her PvP range.

Another thought is to have the range fluid to keep a minimum amount of available PvP targets (10 as just a placeholder). It would state on your profile what that range currently is. This would go off of VL of course. Really anything to help out the middle ranges where there is a void of players, I’m in favor for.

#57 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 08 July 2020 - 13:56

That’s most likely a no from the Cows. The only way to ever attack a guildmate is through arena, and it’ll stay that way. Attacking Guildmates also won’t solve the issue that Penny has with only one person in her PvP range.
Another thought is to have the range fluid to keep a minimum amount of available PvP targets (10 as just a placeholder). It would state on your profile what that range currently is. This would go off of VL of course. Really anything to help out the middle ranges where there is a void of
players, I’m in favor for.

I recall making a post a few years ago about increasing pvp range +/- 20 or 40 levels etc scaling upward.( something of the sort)

I honestly think hcs won't do squat with pvp in the game any further. But I do enjoy ideas and discussion lol.

#58 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 July 2020 - 16:49

the only abuse i see is 6 players in a ladder and out of the 6, 1(will be named Mr.X) is not in the same guild as the other 5. the 5 thats in the same guild only 1(Mr.Y) of them is active in ladder but cant keep up with Mr.X because his hitting all 4 of Mr.Y's guildmates(including Mr.Y) while Mr.Y is only able to attack Mr.X once an hour. its very frustrating because you can't do anything in that situation.

inactives in ladder should be removed if they do not use any stamina in ladder hits. if you don't have time for ladder, then get out!

i know this is sort of not in topic but its still PvP related.

sigma_468x60.jpg

#59 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 July 2020 - 03:40

I think you bring back the BB by 1) decreasing the cost to post people; 2) Extending the pvp ranges as suggested on page 1 with a gradual change as you go up in level; 3) I like the idea of allowing guild mates to pvp, probably with an arena style or no xp loss to avoid pvp farming issues. 

How often do you guys log in and see 1-3 bounties? I would say nearly 100% of the time. I remember when we used to have 2-3 pages of bounties. What happened? (players know what happened, its mainly directed for BG / hoof). 

Edited by Windbattle, 10 July 2020 - 03:46.

#60 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 July 2020 - 03:42

wondering if the dq works on players who have xp protection ? 

No it doesn't. That's the main benefit of buying pvp protection. 1) you can't be used to farm pvp prestige; 2) you can't lose XP. However, you can still lose gold and take durability loss. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: