261 replies to this topic

#81 Blissy

Blissy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 01:43

I have been playing this game for about 18 months. I love this game and have enjoyed playing it. I have supported this game since I started playing. I do think that the devs of this game have refused to listen to the players, have refused to give this game the attention it truly deserves, and most of all do the required maintenance that a game needs. No matter how small the team is, maintenance is needed to at least keep a small community of players playing. I understand bills have to be paid and money has to made in order to do pay those bills but............ if HCS doesn't give the basics how can they ask players to continue to support this game? I personally ask the HCS team to not let this game DIE! This is a small but tight knit community that truly enjoys the friendships that has developed during game play. Do small things instead a 1 large thing at a time, advertise, and do regular maintenance. once you get players to start playing give them encouragement to continue to play by making sure it is playable.  Listen to players, and be more honest with the players, and most of all communicate with the players. Please, Please, Please do not abandon us when we as players have not abandoned yall (HCS).

bahhh used up my votes for the day sooo thumbs up toothie dear~ hiya o/

Slow but steady wins the race or something like that.

I'm just taking it slow, not sure about the steady.

*Pre-Steam release Player*

*Joined Spring of 2014 *

#82 Eliessar

Eliessar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 12 June 2016 - 04:19

http://www.speedrun.com/Eldevinmaybe some speedrunning will bring some players in :D

#83 xrxr1

xrxr1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 13 June 2016 - 00:07

it is sad news but Iwill still be around . If anyone is thinking of leaving the game feel free to send your unwanted / no longer needed goodies to me  :D  .

P.S. If you do feel so inclined I am usuallyon OC server IGN xrwiz

Ranger - levels  -Alchemy 49 . Foraging 49 . Skinning 49 . Leatherworking 49 . Cooking 49 .  Forestry 49 . Cooking 49. Prospecting 49 .  Weaponsmithing 49 .  Farming 49. Fishing 49 . Crystal Cutting 49. Jewelry 49. Tailoring 49.   Armor smithing 49.

Done all the hard yards  - Crafted and Gathered everything myself in Beta version and currently as well..

#84 Lalalalalalalala

Lalalalalalalala

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 13:51

If anyone is thinking of leaving the game feel free to send your unwanted / no longer needed goodies to me  :D  .

Been there, done that.

If it wasn't my friends who couldn't stop asking me to come back, I'd never do that. I didn't even miss the game at all, but the community. It feels like I'm living in a small village with so many friendly and nice people who love to help each other. And then I read this post just a few days after I came back...

#85 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 13 June 2016 - 14:22

Been there, done that.

If it wasn't my friends who couldn't stop asking me to come back, I'd never do that. I didn't even miss the game at all, but the community. It feels like I'm living in a small village with so many friendly and nice people who love to help each other. And then I read this post just a few days after I came back...

it was a joke shoval, as if he really wants his hands on others gems, not many would prob disagree with someone wanting to give their items to a happy recipient, wiz is a champ!

#86 xrxr1

xrxr1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 13 June 2016 - 21:38

Yeah  , the only thing I expect to get is everyones common throwaway crap as a joke from them  ie stuff that is not useful at all. Was meant in jest shoval  , if I was to leave I would't part with my gear either  cause one day I might be back :D .(I haven't left yet ,just not been well)  You never know what will happen in the end . HCS might be kind and give us a big update .

Ranger - levels  -Alchemy 49 . Foraging 49 . Skinning 49 . Leatherworking 49 . Cooking 49 .  Forestry 49 . Cooking 49. Prospecting 49 .  Weaponsmithing 49 .  Farming 49. Fishing 49 . Crystal Cutting 49. Jewelry 49. Tailoring 49.   Armor smithing 49.

Done all the hard yards  - Crafted and Gathered everything myself in Beta version and currently as well..

#87 Brenzlo Xate

Brenzlo Xate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 03:06

Greetings friends!

I've only seen this post now cuz a friend told me about it, I'm glad that we finally got some info from the devs that addresses the elephant in the room... BTW The elephant has been sitting there for maybe 6-8 months now.  ;)

I really do appreciate the effort of HCS to try and keep the game going, this I have to say. Hopefully the game doesn't completely die out, I haven't been playing the game regularly in a long time for the same reason as most players. However, I didn't quit or anything, just taking a break and hoping for the best that the game will still be up when I go check on it and maybe even updated. I'd love to come back to regular playing, and I'm sure most of us who are on a break and even quit the game do TBH but I highly doubt that it's gonna happen if there are no content updates or maybe even just event updates.

From a business standpoint it is completely understandable that HCS decided to pull back on the game updates because these things cost money however from this point on I must say that it's like a domino effect.

"Less updates = more players taking a break or quitting from the game = even less players." This is the reality of it. It was already quite tough to find groups for most players back when the game was at its peak and even more so at its current state. Imagine if it even gets worse, by then it'd be clear where the game is heading.

Maybe, just maybe... It's time to address the other elephant in the room... That one that has the sign that says "Game is a hidden jewel, hidden away from potential players". Perhaps if there will be less funding on updates maybe a bit of funding can go to advertising the game. It's just a suggestion ofc, and I'd like to help financially but I'm no Bill Gates.

I'm still hoping for the best as always. Eldevin is a VERY VERY good game, it has a lot of potential. I even grade it on par with the other well funded and highly developed games I've played and that is at its current state. Just imagine if things go well for the game, man it'd be crazy awesome I tell ya.

Sid bud, this game would've been a freakin' awesome flagship for HCS alright. Still holding my breath on it, maybe it might still happen. 

:D Whatever happens I still thank HCS for providing us with this good game!! 

HCS/Eldevin, I wish you the best of luck! More power!!!!! 

Alright friends!! Sorry for the long post, see you guys in the game whenever I'm on!!! 

2skye6m.png

#88 kidref

kidref

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 997 posts
  • Sweden

Posted 20 June 2016 - 13:46

Hey folks,

Sorry for the lack of updates as of late, unfortunately Eldevin never quite gained the following it required for us to justify allocating our full development team to it. As such we've had to scale down development time. However we intend to continue to fully support the game and still plan to release future updates, but currently we have no time-scale for these as of yet.

~The Eldevin Team

Do you gona add summer event but new staffs on it?

#89 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 June 2016 - 03:30

que triste.........

The world is cruel...as will I....

#90 Marcus219

Marcus219

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 12:12

So..... that was it? The annoucement, a lot of bye's and farwells, some angry people, some bullsh*t and it all over again. No response from HCS at all. Wow I have to try this with my students. I tell them they all failed the test, they will response, and I just keep silent! Cool, I will try this. Will keep you all informed.....

Keep up the good work HCS!! :)

#91 Steve1973

Steve1973

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 13:21

So..... that was it? The annoucement, a lot of bye's and farwells, some angry people, some bullsh*t and it all over again. No response from HCS at all. Wow I have to try this with my students. I tell them they all failed the test, they will response, and I just keep silent! Cool, I will try this. Will keep you all informed.....

It doesn't help when the news of scaling back the games development is only announced in this one post. No mention on the games initial page

https://www.huntedcow.com/game/eldevin

or anywhere else on the games website such as in  news or announcements.

Also No mention on steam, or eldevins facebook page or any other sites that refers to this game.

Infact HCS say on they initial page "awesome end-game and consistent updates", which is no longer the case.

Unless people come on this forum before they start the game, as far as they are concerned, this game is being updated with the endgame in sight, and they may end up spending real money to, as HCS quote, "Become an 'Eldevin Supporter' and show your support for the game" but find out after paying that they are supporting a game which isn't likely to be finished any time soon.

Edited by Steve1973, 30 June 2016 - 13:22.

When in doubt. Blame lag ;)

#92 rowbet

rowbet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 June 2016 - 20:40

I don't think that is quite the right analogy. I'm trying to decide whether it should be

"I failed to set your test properly" and then keep quiet when they complain, 

or

"You students failed to turn up for class, so I'm not going to prepare a lesson tomorrow"

Robet (Proph 49)   Orbet (mage 49)  Ebrot (magepro 49)

Tebor (warsin 49)   Orteb(sin 49)  Beort (warsin 49 - might become tank)

Betro (ranger 49)   Trobe (??? 6 - there for bene runs - just whisper

#93 Eliessar

Eliessar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 21:10

As of now, what are you guys working on currently?

#94 JBKing89

JBKing89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 July 2016 - 00:51

Fair question, I'm sure a lot anxiously waiting for a reply.

#95 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 July 2016 - 01:06

zorg posted an admin blog on legacy stating where his attention was being forwarded to

whenever i posted the details on these forums they got removed and claimed as being false and rumours

will pm those interested the details

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

fastest icc healer in progress

Gotta go fast :P

#96 Eliessar

Eliessar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 06:25

zorg posted an admin blog on legacy stating where his attention was being forwarded to

whenever i posted the details on these forums they got removed and claimed as being false and rumours

You refering what they're currently working atm? I am assuming its the fallen sword app correct?

#97 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 July 2016 - 09:17

You refering what they're currently working atm? I am assuming its the fallen sword app correct?

actually no zorg is also working on something else atm will message you his blog post on legacy aswell

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

#98 Spirit

Spirit

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 05 July 2016 - 16:54

As of now, what are you guys working on currently?

Fallen Sword app is most likely their focus atm but even once finished... who knows what they have in mind. 

I'd like to know too!

9izzGSr.png Feb. 27th 2015 - First level 45 :)

#99 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 05 July 2016 - 18:13

The team here at Hunted Cow are still working on Fallen Sword, Eldevin, the FS mobile app and an unannounced new game. As always we'll share information and details on the various projects when we can! 

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#100 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 July 2016 - 18:59

The team here at Hunted Cow are still working on Fallen Sword, Eldevin, the FS mobile app and an unannounced new game. As always we'll share information and details on the various projects when we can! 

question

zorg stated that hcs was working on an unannounced new game in march already.

whenever i would post info about it i would get shot down for spreading false rumors.

now you also post it here

i simply don't get it anymore now you say that you guys are happy to share info but whenever info is shared in a corner in this case legacy online and i post it out in the open i get stuff thrown at me.

so can you please tell me what type of game will this new game be. is it something for me to look forward to?

and fyi this is the post that would be removed everytime i posted it and well since you also spilled the beans i hope it can stay up now.

Game News - Posted by Zorg on Thursday, March 31st 2016

I'm in early to do the warfare switch, as always. While I wait for structures to demolish, I thought I'd give you guys an update on what's going on. I know some people here think I just laze around at the studio all day doing little to no work, in general it's quite the opposite. It's just not work on Legacy, or Fallen Sword, or Eldevin.

For the last year I've been working on our newest project, and as much as I'd love to show everyone what it is, it's sadly still a secret. The server-side / back end of this project is written entirely by me and it's putting me under quite a large amount of pressure.

That being said it's going to be a great game and I'm incredibly proud of what we've made so far. It should be released fully towards the end of the year, it's heavily influenced by our past projects and even has a few mechanics from Legacy in it that you'll one day see.

What does this mean for our current games? Our continued existence as a company requires that we make new products as the old ones lose popularity. This does not mean we've forgotten about you guys, and it does not mean we're shutting down old projects. It does mean it's really hard for me to find time to do updates at the moment, but wont necessarily always be that way.

I'll always try to keep Legacy running, regardless of what the company is doing, but I can't let it keep stressing me out anymore than I don't have time to do massive updates. If someone else wanted to do updates in their free time for me, I'd probably be able to swing it so they could get access to the code at this point. But we've all grown up a lot in these past 10 years, we all used to have lots of free time and now find ourselves with less and less, so I can't imagine volunteers having much more time than myself.

As for the voluntary helper situation, I'm going to loosen up the rules a bit when it comes to being staff and playing the game as well. I'll be chatting to FatTony about his possible ascension in the coming weeks.

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: