• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Newt Chromium

Newt Chromium

• WG Cells Staff
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 23:18

Have you spent any time looking at the Hero Skills tree in the game?

You can find the tree by tapping your Heroes portrait (you recruit a Hero after building a Command Post which becomes available when your HQ is level 3) then tapping Hero Skills.

You'll gain Hero Skill points every time your Hero levels up, and there's a pretty sizable Skill Tree to spend your points on. Many of the Skills have prerequisites, and unless otherwise stated, you'll need 3 points in any Skills connected to the Skill you want to rank up.

Take some time to examine the different options! Be sure to note how much the +% bonus increases as you max out the Skill. Does anything stand out as incredibly useful to you? Have you already started working towards a goal with your Skill Points? If so, what kind of build are you trying?

Please discuss. :) I'm sure many players will want to know how to tackle this beast, so let's give them some tips!

WG Cells Community Manager

#2 realwildgerkin

realwildgerkin

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 August 2016 - 12:02

[107, 80]

- HQ lvl 7 

- Hero lvl 27 (Sergeant Harambe)

I'm still getting used to the hero skill and research trees. It's fairly in depth and takes some time to understand.

For my hero, iv'e just gone with putting 4 points into each skill before moving on.

My base is mainly resource and research focused so once i've unlocked most of the hero skill tree, i'll go back and put more points into skills that will help me in those areas.

#3 Newt Chromium

Newt Chromium

• WG Cells Staff
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 19:23

Thanks for chiming in, Real! Loving your Hero name. :)

The Skill Tree is definitely intense! There's a lot to look at! One thing that I didn't notice right away was how aggressively the bonuses scale when you max out a skill.

For example:

Food Production I

Rank 3 = +4% Bonus

Rank 10 = +42% Bonus

So it definitely pays off to invest heavily in some of the options!

Has anyone spotted anything that seems particularly useful for earlier/mid-level players? Leave a comment below!

#4 TxLxS

TxLxS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 01:42

I maxed out lvl 1 construction and research for 40% boost since those are two things you want to keep constantly rolling it saves you time

#5 Newt Chromium

Newt Chromium

• WG Cells Staff
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 22:51

I maxed out lvl 1 construction and research for 40% boost since those are two things you want to keep constantly rolling it saves you time

Yeah, that's going to add up like crazy as you continue to play the game. :) Good choice!

#6 Iamnotyourfather

Iamnotyourfather

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 00:07

Hi everyone!

I checked the whole page of Hero Skills a couple of times and my conclusion fits your post here.

The best thing to do is to max out the early skills. I didnt find any good skills in the end of the line that are worth getting.

So I maxed out all the resource+research+production bonuses in the beginning and am now trying to progress further.

But I still cannot tell which row is the best to pursuit.

There is like the top row/line which grants combat benefits. The lower row/line provides you with resource gathering bonuses.

Hmmm ;)

#7 Xterminater

Xterminater

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 04:46

For anyone interested this is my fairly expert opinion as I am highly interested in finer strategies of games, I am also the leader of the top alliance on Gamma and have several t4 players.

It is an absolute must to first max construction 1 and research 1, then focus solely on maxing out construction 2 and research 2 (only putting 3 points in each of the skills between them). The second set of these skills do 65% each fully maxed and take several months off your build times.

Once you have all of the construction and research skills maxed some options open up. If you are interested only in getting to t4 as fast as possible you could max out your gathering loot chance and use ur hero with your gathering troops to get more speed ups. You could also put your points into reducing unit production times (this is what I did and I currently only have t3, you can max all unit productions, research, and construction at level 47). The third option is to put ur skills into combat. The fourth option is to put your points into gaining resources faster, but this is the worst option in my opinion.

For reference t3 = tier 3 units, and t4 = tier 4 units.

-Xterminater, Phoenix, Gamma

#8 DUSTY94

DUSTY94

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 23:35

I seen hero take out level 4 bugs how do I get my hero there were do I puts the points 

#9 INDeeDO

INDeeDO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 11:14

I seen hero take out level 4 bugs how do I get my hero there were do I puts the points 

in attack

#10 Rabbus

Rabbus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 August 2018 - 23:34

Invader Skills section:  It is complex, a combination of Energy Usage I, II,  & III, Maximum Energy I & II, Invader Hero Attack I & II,  Sustained Attack I & II.   Also, the weapon, and level of gun, as well as the level of the hero count.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: