og3DxyP.gif

#22 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 08:01

I guess I don't understand the need for this.

There IS XP LOSS AND LEVEL LOSS in the proposed new system, so why is it being labeled soft? Just because it happens to be XP specific to PVP? Doesn't it sound strange to keep harping on that? Why not take this opportunity to embrace the aspect of the game you love in a nicer more direct and open environment?

The new system does what should have been done from day 1, separate two aspects of the game that never should have been intermingled in the first place.

The new system actually promotes pitting the best against the best in the way it is structured which is what I as a PVPer would like to see.

there are 2 systems: raw PvP and soft PvP => you have the choice to choose which one you want :)

raw PvP system is XP loss (=you can lose experience, levels and your VL can drop too)

soft PvP system is PvP xp loss (=you only lose PvP xp, not sure if you lose PvP level too, please go to Dooms post http://forums.hunted...loss-from-pvp/)

bleacher, I only named them raw and soft, I could have called them leg and arms or A and B, I am not the one who is deciding the name of these 2 systems

3 players on iggy (1 troll & 2 players whose posts never make any sense)

#23 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 30 September 2014 - 08:14

I'm still bemused by this new idea to be honest.

With the greatest respect, just how many players would stay in the "raw" side, when the majority of players would move to the "soft" side (in my opinion).

All that would be left on the "raw" side are the hard-core PvP'rs who would only have themselves left to attack. OK, that would prove much more challenging to them, but are there sufficient numbers for that to still be a viable option ?

Somehow, I doubt it ..

Edited by Pardoux, 30 September 2014 - 08:15.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#24 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 08:19

Mary.. I have read your post a few times but honestly Raw PvP would be very few players and how many levelers would opt in to any PvP (and stay).  Soft PvP while using less stamina would still drain stamina and I would opt out to regain stamina.  I still have to level. 

can you please tell me why soft PvP will require less stamina than raw PvP?

Even in your crew how many would opt in to Raw PvP as you guys are pushing to gain on FFS. Maybe your EOC players would opt in as I am not sure how many other PvP crews have players at EOC so they would not have to spend stamina 100 staming.

this last year my guild got lots of GXP because most of our pvpers spent their stamina on leveling, if you look closer at my guild you will find that we have many players who play different aspects of the game, we have pvpers, levelers, arena players, titan hunters, ...... everyone plays their part of the game they like and that is how it should be :)

which guild does not want to be #1 guild, guild ranking does not matter as long as the members are enjoying their stay

I like the ladder but if I have to 100 stamina hit everyday I will only stay until i am tired of stamina loss. (buffing and 100 staming)

there is no ladder system in the raw PvP system, sorry, will change my post (my mistake, a mistype)

I do not see this increasing PvP activity 

EDIT:  Am I missing something?

#25 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 08:29

At first glance , I like this idea.. a choice is always good... I believe everything should stay the same as far as buffs , the market etc.  But choice is good =) You should be able to  play either way ...and maybe have a weekly reset with an option , such as a  preference box setting you preset for your choice of pvp system you want to play for the week or day or ?

under your Preferences you will have the choice to choose what kinda PvP system you want to play (you can alternate between raw PvP and soft PvP if you want after each reset, the choice is yours)

I agree, choice is always good  :)

MARY WINS the Internet today!!

oie_er8DmgvT655u_zpsf34238a0.gif

IT'S NOT FRIDAY YET, THANK GOD  :P

#26 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 08:48

I'm still bemused by this new idea to be honest.

With the greatest respect, just how many players would stay in the "raw" side, when the majority of players would move to the "soft" side (in my opinion).

there is a high chance that most players will move to the "soft" side (specially new players) because one of the 2 biggest reasons is that there is no xp loss + it is a totally new system they want to try out

All that would be left on the "raw" side are the hard-core PvP'rs who would only have themselves left to attack. OK, that would prove much more challenging to them, but are there sufficient numbers for that to still be a viable option ?

it is impossible for me or anyone to know for sure but I can tell you this that many players I talked to (not only pvpers, others too) said they would choose the "raw" side , only time will tell us for sure

Somehow, I doubt it ..

#27 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 08:59

Wait, now I'm a little confused about your idea Mary =P

I'll post here my new (and easier) idea, and you tell me what you think:

- 2 separated Ladders (Raw and Soft)
- You can Opt-In into the Raw Ladder, but you're always inside the Soft Ladder.
- A player who Opt-In the raw Ladder will be part of BOTH Ladders, and will gain/lose XP and PvPXP aswell.
- If player X on the RAW Ladder hits player Y on the Soft Ladder, player Y will lose Gold and PvPXP only.
- If player X hits player W at the Raw Ladder, player W will lose PvPXP and XP aswell.
- The rewards will be applied 1x for the Soft Ladder and 2x for the Raw Ladder, yes, same player can be 1st at both Ladder at the same time, receiving 3x the prizes.
- Open Ladder as we had in the past, maybe we can work on new PvP Ranges.

The Bounty Board:
- If you're on the Raw and hit a Soft for gold, he can post you, and you'll lose only PvPXP and Gold.
- if a Raw hit a Raw for gold, he can post you, and if the hitter is on the Raw too, you'll lose XP and PvPXP, if the hitter is on the Soft, you'll lose only PvPXP.
- Just to clearify, all hits should be able to be posted, like in the past.

Soft player hitting for gold:
- No Prestige on any Soft PvP hits (only players who lose XP should be able to get 10% XP bonus).
(No idea how to deal with that to be honest, how to prevent Soft Players who don't care about PvPXP to hit for gold all day?)

What you think about it?

#28 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 09:17

I am at work, will reply to all your messages when I get back home and thank you guys for keeping this topic civil, much appreciated smile.png

#29 HappyDays

HappyDays

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 09:40

This seems like an idea for the sake of an idea so we can have raw pvp as a title........ also this is like doubling the work load on the developers. But for what. Both groups can be catered for in XPpvp.

Also what happens to all the inactive accounts etc or people who don't log in. What ladder side are they on or are they perm opted out until log in. That will drain the number of participating accounts on both sides and with splitting hard and soft pvp ........ both ladders will be lesser.

#30 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 September 2014 - 10:01

I think people have forgotten the fact that the decision to take XP loss out of the game has already been made, whether rightly or wrongly.

The decision was made by the game Administrators based on feedback they had received, where this feedback came from, who knows as it was not from a public forum, perhaps it is based upon the increased levels of support tickets received, and having to be dealt with, by Biggrim.

I will miss XP Loss but ultimately if it means the lifespan of this game is prolonged then I am happy to accept the "loss" of XP Loss in PvP and move on.

#31 Kildek

Kildek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 September 2014 - 11:18

Currently we already have something reminding of Soft-PvP and Raw-PvP, where Raw-PvP would be the PvP-ladder. The PvP-ladder was supposed to be the playing ground of the hardcore PvP-players; with things PvP-players have requested for a while, like large level brackets. The PvP tokens were supposed to be a bonus, so levelers would have an incentive to try out the ladder too.
I do not understand btw, why the PvP-ladder did not work out for the PvP-players, maybe someone can explain that to me?

I suspect creating a Soft-PvP vs. Raw-PvP as proposed by mary4ever, might suffer the same fate as the PvP-ladder. If anything, i would suggest to keep the PvP-Ladder as it is, while pvpxp gets implemented for attacks outside the ladder.

Edited by Kildek, 30 September 2014 - 11:28.

#32 insaner6

insaner6

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 12:29

just make the pvp xp loss from the pxp ladder *10 times more than it is now.
and bounty board *20 times than it is now.

that is raw enough for me.

also add more lucritive prizes in the pvp ladder and or bounty board
and i am sure that it's going to be alive.

all the other solutions that include players to have to make choises and pick sides etc...
it will just make the game less attractive and more difficult to understand to new and current players.

#33 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 13:08

only thing i have to say- is WOW, absolute determination to keep xp loss in the game..give pvpers credit..they dont give up easily..are we ever going to stop trying to make this harder and harder on bg and zorg...the new pvp/xp is probably not going to happen for quite some time..be lucky if by june 2015..all this would be doing is pushing that even further back..2 systems..twice as long to get anything done..poor zorg has so much to do already and to make this big change in pvp a double effort would be hurting other aspects of the game that need attention...there is only 1 zorg...and this 2nd system would only apply for a minimal percentage of players in the game...do we have to have all that work and other system for so few players in the game...1 system- everyone involved, no opt out, no pvp protection..less work for poor old zorg and maybe we can enjoy this new pvp system in the somewhat near future...

#34 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 13:23

Just look to those people who are trying to keep XP Loss on the game, we're not random players, we play this game a for very long time, and invested a lot of money and time on FS, and we know some part of the game will die in this new update, and yes, we're really trying to save one of the things we like the most, why are everyone surprised that we're keeping our word on this? Anyone really was thinking that will be an easy transaction? Of course not. If we dare to risk our time, XP, Gold and everyone else on PvP, why we would not dedicate our brains and time trying to find better ways to keep the game alive, without losing our portion of the game aswell?

With that option everyone will be happy, people willing to dedicate XP into it will receive more, and people who don't want will have the same oportunity for the same prizes, but on a slow rate of prizes.

For me that's easy the better option, everyone will be happy, keeping or losing XP.

#35 RED

RED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 14:01

Here is the problem with the current BB and so called pvp`rs now,,,,,This game has an average of about 550 active players most of the time now. Most players depend on hunting to get gold for items and  are subject to lose that at any time. If and when they get hit, they lose their gold and if they hit them back they lose 5 levels. This isn`t now and never has been Player Verses Player>>>>It is player verses guild. Why even bother with a BB, just take the 5 levels and forget about it...

I`m sure the ones doing the hitting will never see my point here but yes, it`s not fair to the one hunting and losing his gold and levels and never has been.

In my opinion there are not enough active players now for this so some better idea needs to be brought up and I don`t know what that is but I haven~t seen any idea I much care for yet.

I do know that hiding in a big guild and having them back you up for something YOU did isn`t fair either. I see some real bad arses BIOS and if their guild wasn`t helping them I doubt they would be so bad. 

#36 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 14:14

Raw looks like it will be even less active than now.. Reducing the amount of targets isn't worth keeping XP loss in pvp. Think about the lack of gold targets.. But I guess I could just go Soft...

#37 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 September 2014 - 14:40

Raw looks like it will be even less active than now.. Reducing the amount of targets isn't worth keeping XP loss in pvp. Think about the lack of gold targets.. But I guess I could just go Soft...

The only time people would opt into the "raw" side of pvp is when they wish to lose levels whilst sat on a higher levelled champion so far as I can see...

#38 Removed20081

Removed20081

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 14:54

Most players depend on hunting to get gold for items and  are subject to lose that at any time. If and when they get hit, they lose their gold and if they hit them back they lose 5 levels. This isn`t now and never has been Player Verses Player>>>>It is player verses guild. Why even bother with a BB, just take the 5 levels and forget about it...

I`m sure the ones doing the hitting will never see my point here but yes, it`s not fair to the one hunting and losing his gold and levels and never has been.

This statement is inaccurate at best and falsely portrays most of the well known PvP orientated guilds, I can tell you now for a fact that responding to a gold robbery with a return hit will not warrant any of the PvP guilds I've been in taking 5 levels for it. There are cases of people that trash talk and disrespect the said guilds via PM before they make a return hit, and ofc that will incur retribution in one way or another from the said guilds, which seems fair enough in my book.

As for players being robbed for gold in the first place, the game gives many countermeasures to prevent it, many just fail to use those countermeasures... and that's no-ones fault but their own...

I would prefer that things stay as they are regarding the bb and xp loss, but when the change comes those that are passionate about PvP and fallensword will adapt as always, in regards to this thread, I don't feel splitting PvP further will solve anything, just makes it more complicated and confusing....

Edited by Blacky, 30 September 2014 - 14:55.

#39 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 September 2014 - 15:17

Good idea, having the two systems is what I have been asking for, but I am afraid that opt-in to soft or raw PvP will make all players go to soft, so I suggest that it should be open, means you can get attacked by both systems, just my fear of everyone opt-ing in to the soft PvP

clock96.gif

#40 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 September 2014 - 16:01

To be honest, I don't really see this being implemented. The only players who'd opt in are PvPers and then you'd have the same issue as the Ladder.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: