#1 insaner6

insaner6

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 05:50

hello

anything new on the composing front?
anything that would make me burn any gold on that aspect?

no need to upgrade the current buffs if u feel those are overpowered.
Perhaps introduce the ones that are on the waiting list for so  long..

i believe it would increase activity and help remove gold from game.

thanks

#2 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 29 April 2017 - 06:40

This conversation will be interesting.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#3 Chooma123

Chooma123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 10:24

why not just put every buff there, and allow us to convert skill points into fsp!

#4 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 16:47

I have seen many of the same players asking this samething in GC. I would hate to see another endless thread debating overpowered buffs. Though I still know many players who are not yet at Lv60. It shouldnt be long before they are. I dont want to see this push to crazy ridiculous levels. I know its be said that its frozen. I myself am fine with that. However if in the future they Decide to increase Composing. Yes perhaps it would be best to add new skills

#5 Chooma123

Chooma123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 17:22

why would anyone want to increase the current levels if they were increased anymore you'd be creating Epic Potions that cost 1fsp, as oppose to 100fsp

#6 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 21:33

why would anyone want to increase the current levels if they were increased anymore you'd be creating Epic Potions that cost 1fsp, as oppose to 100fsp

They don't have to make the existing composing skills any stronger. Perhaps new skills or certainly skills that are not currently in composing. Certainly I doubt the cows would ever allow us to make potions that would usurp donation potions. That wouldn't be smart. :P

#7 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 22:02

I've asked many times for lvl 61 composing but make it take the same amount of xp as it took to get from level 1-60. Will take months if not years. And what do you get at level 61? Lvl 100 artisan bandit or one of those other new buffs. Lvl 100. ;-p

I'd love to waste gold and farm commons as well as buy junk from low level players again but meh. More and more people are starting to care. Lol

#8 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 29 April 2017 - 23:16

New stuff in composing is definitely overdue - but making the next level require the same amount of XP as it took to get from 0-60 ? - Sorry, but that's NUTS imo.

Add the new potions that have been included in the buffs list for years now and start 'em off low - with 5 pt increments - that's better, I would think ..

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#9 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 02:46

New stuff in composing is definitely overdue - but making the next level require the same amount of XP as it took to get from 0-60 ? - Sorry, but that's NUTS imo.

Add the new potions that have been included in the buffs list for years now and start 'em off low - with 5 pt increments - that's better, I would think ..

Aren't you one of those that preach challenge? :P I'm down to do it. I'm also ok if they make it easier later for the folks that come after. I'm not one of those that like to make it harder for those that come later ;)

#10 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 30 April 2017 - 02:51

Aren't you one of those that preach challenge? :P I'm down to do it. I'm also ok if they make it easier later for the folks that come after. I'm not one of those that like to make it harder for those that come later ;)

Oh, I do preach challenge - but that's taking it way above and beyond.

As for the latter comment - how is nerfing potions making it harder for those that come later ? - EVERYONE, if they're nerfed, will be in the same boat ..

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#11 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 30 April 2017 - 05:19

lol just read this and seems to me we are always heading back to the same arguement about overpowerd stuff and new stuff for the top to do ,go into cave s if u want to spend gold hit 1 mil at a time ,there goes your gold ,

anyhoot im outa this thread as it will end up like the rest

5aZzW0p.png,

#12 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 05:30

Oh, I do preach challenge - but that's taking it way above and beyond.

As for the latter comment - how is nerfing potions making it harder for those that come later ? - EVERYONE, if they're nerfed, will be in the same boat ..

Let's see... I'm level 250 (or whatever level)... suddenly, all of the potions are nerfed... bummer. can't use them like all those before me...

I have finally reached level 2,000 (or whatever level)... I can finally fight some of the seasonal titans. Oh no... pots are nerfed and it will take significant more resources to take down the seasonal titans than it did for all those that came before me...

need more?

#13 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 06:59

Just Stop.

This is an irrelevant conversation.

Hoof has said he and HCS will look at composed potions.

This is apparently in process now. According to Hoof's own testimony.

HCS will have to decide if changing the rules about potions/buffs will have an effect on player experience, and whether that player experience will be better or worse.

I have no doubt they will make a decision that will upset people.

They always have.

It is inevitable.

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#14 Ryebred

Ryebred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 12:06

Congrats on reaching the top composing level. Years ago they introduced global events to flood the game with composing materials, and I was opposed to it. Now I laugh at every over powered topic, or what's next threads because they did it to themselves. Perhaps they can just add to duration after level 60.

#15 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 16:14

Maybe at lvl 60, one could turn to using composing as it was intended, to make glorious pots for your guild members, like smiley does for us....  They all have the most delightful names :)

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#16 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,804 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 May 2017 - 10:48

If we look at raising Composing levels, I'd personally like to see more exclusive buffs. There is no time line for a composing level increase at this time.

~ Grim

#17 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 May 2017 - 15:24

In our guild we only have 12 players at the Composing level cap.

Before there's a new level cap, there should be more players at the current cap, so that morale stays high.

For the majority of players the current cap is still a steep hill to climb.

#18 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 02:25

Vast majority.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#19 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,804 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 May 2017 - 14:35

So it should be. These potions deserve to be earned. I've been working at it for ages and am level 36!

~ Grim

#20 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 15:59

I better step up my game

So it should be. These potions deserve to be earned. I've been working at it for ages and am level 36!

~ Grim

Looks like I need to step up my game.... or at least spend more time on this one :P

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: