TreeFrog

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,739 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:04

Posted Image

This round contestants were asked to create a piece of art that included at least one character from either Marvel or DC and at least one from either Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter.

How the voting works:

For each group you will rate each piece from 1-10 and give a small reason for the score. You have 18 points to allot to each group so if in Group 3 you give A a 10/10 the maximum score you can give B is 8/10. You DO NOT have to use all of the points for each group. At the end of the round the 2 players with the lowest total will not advance to the next round.

Voting Ends 0:00ST 1/29/2013

Here's the art:

Group 1:

A. Posted Image abhishek

B. Posted Image Grimmhawk

Group 2:

A. Posted Image aa0007

B. Posted Image Beastboy95

Group 3:

A. Posted Image Athdenald

B. Posted Image forhorsmn

Group 4:

A. Posted Image Cassafras

B. Posted Image Roan

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

#2 ghetoghost

ghetoghost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:46

1)
a - 9
b - 9

2)
a - 9
b - 9

3)
a - 9
b - 9

4)
a - 9
b - 9

:) My votes will definitely affect the outcome

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Live. Love. Learn. Die. ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Are you an artist? Want to be listed as one under the Artist Directory; click here

#3 aa0007

aa0007

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,379 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:58

1)
a - 9
b - 9

2)
a - 9
b - 9

3)
a - 9
b - 9

4)
a - 9
b - 9

:) My votes will definitely affect the outcome

It makes me feel better, if that counts :P.

#4 fs_abhishek11

fs_abhishek11
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:14

man I am so in love with few of them! Tell me if any of them are up for auction after the rounds ^_^

#5 zeder

zeder

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 January 2013 - 17:21

man I am so in love with few of them! Tell me if any of them are up for auction after the rounds ^_^

+1

1)
a - 8
b - 10
not a fan of the animation
2)
a - 9
b - 9
both well done,liking b more cuz it looks like it was a screen shot from an actual game.
3)
a - 10
b - 6
b looks like renders placed on background, blended well tho.
4)
a - 9
b - 9
Dang I really would love to give both of them a 10.

ZederGift_zpsa47e7c25.png by Chagryn

#6 fs_kaliwyn

fs_kaliwyn
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2013 - 18:04

Group 1:
a:6
b:8
I don't love the animation, it takes too long to sit and get the jist of it all. B is nicely done, catches the eyes, I'd mess with the font placement a bit.

Group 2:
a: 8
b: 10
a is well done, and sticks very well to the theme. But B is insanely well done, well blended, great lighting and effects, I have zero complaints about it.

Group 3:
a: 7
b: 7
a is beautifully done, but then it throws me off that the main characters don't seem to be actually in the same space...lol. I dunno.
b is nice, but needs some masks and grading to get it to blend nicer with the background.

Group 4:
a:8
b:9
a is nice, love the effects and lighting. B is fantastic, only reason it didn't get a 10 is because of the font colouring/placement

#7 koenvdv

koenvdv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Badge
  • Belgium

Posted 23 January 2013 - 19:19

1)
a - 5
b - 10
a: The animation is much to long and doesnt catch your attention.
b: I just love colourfull images, the lighting looks good, the text looks awesome, the characters are well placed ... its a perfect signature
2)
a - 6
b - 5
a: it doesnt tell much of a story ... just some heroes listed with a boring background
b: the bluring looks a bit weird ... nice try to add the motion by bluring, but I think u need to try again
3)
a - 8
b - 8
a:the position of them just looks weird ... colours are fine, but the white looks a bit to bright for me
b: would have been much better if they stood against each other ... the background looks nice and verry colourfull.
4)
a - 7
b - 9
a: looks verry good, but I think the stripes in front of iron men look weird and the text doesnt look good.
b: It is almost perfect ... only I find it weird that everything has this kind of dark blue shine on it and all of the sudden in the bottom left, there it is bright yellow. Such a shame ... would have been a ten otherwise.

#8 Kayesha

Kayesha

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 22:23

1)
a - 28
b - 37

2)
a - 32
b - 33

3)
a - 34
b - 30

4)
a - 33
b - 36

VERY CLOSE!!

#9 Roan

Roan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,278 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:20

Need.More.Votes.Please!

Firesinged_zpsd6b00c6e.png

#10 chianty

chianty

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:58

1)
a - 6
b - 10
a: Altough I admire people that can do animations, it is still a bit too long and I think this one pales in comparison with b
b: This signature has everything: dynamics, colours, lightning ...etc.I simply love it.My eyes were drawn to it the first time I saw the topic.
2)
a - 9
b - 6
a: the second is the favourite piece for me.I like the cleanliness of the piece and the atention to details(I love the way you added the reflection)
b: what caught my eye on this one was hulk, he seems blended kinda weird, at least on the back. A bit of more work and you actually could've pulled it off because this piece has that dynamic a sig needs.
3)
a - 8
b - 5
a:I think the placement of the renders is a bit off and the piece is a bit oversharpen but its a good piece though
b: I am sorry but this piece didnt work for me at all...the four-armed guy(no idea his name lol) seems not to well blended.And doesnt seem to have a story behind it O.o
4)
a - 6
b - 9
a: I can understand what you wanted to do here but think it would've been better if you didnt put those rays of light or fractal or what it is in front of them
b: This one I really like , I have just one issue with it. In the background what that suppose to be rain?

This is my first time voting so dont hit me...hard o.o

chibdsig.png

#11 Kayesha

Kayesha

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 14:19

1)
a - 34
b - 47

2)
a - 41
b - 39

3)
a - 42
b - 35

4)
a - 39
b - 45

#12 Kayesha

Kayesha

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 14:37

I would like to start out by saying this was SO much better than the first round. You all did a very good job.

1)
a - 7 I like the fighting animation and your score would have been a 10 if not for the fact that you added dragon ballZ into it. It was NOT part of the theme. on top of that the text is too much.
b - 10 Epic. The detail that has gone into this piece is awesome!

2)
a - 7 not a fan of how sharp the boarder is. Does remind me of a video game. I like where you were trying to go.
b - 8 I wish that scorpion wasn't so close to being cut off. I do love the mortal combat look of the image. Looks muck like a screen shot.

3)
a - 9 Over sharpened, but well done.
b - 4 They do not even look like they belong in the same image. Also not a fan of the spots on the bottom of the image

4)
a - 6 My expectation of the theme would be VS. They seem like they are almost fighting together. Also, the "lines" of the front do not look like they are coming from their armor. More like it's coming from the ground. It bothers me.
b - 10 Epic.

#13 GFXGUYHALO

GFXGUYHALO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 15:55

A on every group

halo2sig_zps13687e76.png

Check out my Graphics Shop:

http://forums.hunted...showtopic=58996

#14 athdenald

athdenald

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 16:02

A on every group

Harvey, please read the first post - : "How the voting works:

For each group you will rate each piece from 1-10 and give a small reason for the score. You have 18 points to allot to each group so if in Group 3 you give A a 10/10 the maximum score you can give B is 8/10. You DO NOT have to use all of the points for each group. At the end of the round the 2 players with the lowest total will not advance to the next round."

#15 LLAP

LLAP

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 16:12

Group 1
A-7
B-10
Group 2
A-5
B-9
Group 3
A-8
B-8
Group 4
A-9
B-9
(I'd give 10 for both, if I could :twisted: )

#16 Kayesha

Kayesha

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 22:46

1)
a - 48
b - 67

2)
a - 53
b - 56

3)
a - 59
b - 47

4)
a - 54
b - 64

Updated

#17 Roan

Roan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,278 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:41

Why do we have lots of people active in graphic forum but no one comes to VOTE? It take maximum 5 minutes, please vote! :)

Firesinged_zpsd6b00c6e.png

#18 PeterOwnz

PeterOwnz

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:45

can non-entries vote?
ezgif-com-gif-maker-20.png

#19 Kayesha

Kayesha