Photo

Game Concept : Shattering, Mutation and Alchemy!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
254 replies to this topic

#21 SirRod

SirRod

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 17:48

I like it alot. Instead of throwing everything away after a hunt, we can break the stuff down into something useful.

#22 purebreed

purebreed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 17:49

Very interesting idea, could be a lot of fun. Here is a better idea, why don’t you guys finish one of the many other projects you have announced and not finished!?!?!

#23 sturggen

sturggen

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 17:50

Sounds like a great concept. Productive use of extra stamina re-build time.

#24 fs_dsjupiter

fs_dsjupiter
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2011 - 17:51

Seems like were taking over powered gear, and making it more over powered...

There will be a higher demand for items because bound they will be stronger than unbound.

I never said there wont be a high demand for them. Im saying what this is doing is allowing people to take gear thats already over powered and make it even more over powered. Thus putting the gap between people who don't or can't afford to donate to this game and live off a few fsp (10 or under) and the people who have piles of fsp, even larger. Because the people with tons of fsp will be able to do this to all of their items and buy all of the items needed...

Not necessarily a fan of it

#25 Baronchy

Baronchy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 17:51

Actually i don't like the idea.... Most of the updates u make cause more issues or aren't so good and i definitely don't think it's a good update... u better leave the game as it is now and don't add new features just improve the ones it already has :] i know u are listening to the feedback but u still haven't upgraded the game the way people want :] arena is still such a mess and has become a real joke to play it... it's mostly based on luck, not stats and it's just an example...

#26 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 31 August 2011 - 17:52

I never said there wont be a high demand for them. Im saying what this is doing is allowing people to take gear thats already over powered and make it even more over powered. Thus putting the gap between people who don't or can't afford to donate to this game and live off a few fsp (10 or under) and the people who have piles of fsp, even larger. Because the people with tons of fsp will be able to do this to all of their items and buy all of the items needed...

Or make your cheaper gear more powerful?

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#27 grimnok

grimnok

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 17:53

It's an interesting concept. However, duration by stamina use has its own problems. Does it count buffing? Either way, I could sit somewhere for 2 weeks (or longer) playing arena using enhanced items and never spending a single stamina.

#28 fs_dsjupiter

fs_dsjupiter
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2011 - 17:54

Or make your cheaper gear more powerful?

With all of these new sets you guys have been putting out (2 piece sets) theses bonuses would have to be VERY large to make it worth it. Thus making over powered gear.

#29 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Actually i don't like the idea.... Most of the updates u make cause more issues or aren't so good and i definitely don't think it's a good update... u better leave the game as it is now and don't add new features just improve the ones it already has :] i know u are listening to the feedback but u still haven't upgraded the game the way people want :] arena is still such a mess and has become a real joke to play it... it's mostly based on luck, not stats and it's just an example...

We know there have been issue with pvp and arena but Hoofmaster has talked just this week about improving both and the bounty board. This post is however for feedback on the above idea, so please try and stay on topic.

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#30 fs_deadlystrk

fs_deadlystrk
  • Guests

things i like.. the concept of using items will get some value to them..
things i don't like.. making overpowered gear even more overpowered (with current creature stats which are hp + armor only there is no point for any boosting - work out creature stats first so we won't have to use the same setup for 100 lvls).

how about instead of using those gems on gear you instead could use them to improve enchantments/ skills duration/ maybe something else

#31 fs_commiedevo

fs_commiedevo
  • Guests

This is a horrible idea. The LAST thing this game needs is more complexity and more overpowered items. Why not finish GvG or fix lag or fix the skill tree or remove some of the god-awful new buffs or do ANYTHING that players have actually asked for that improves current gameplay...

#32 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 31 August 2011 - 17:56

It's an interesting concept. However, duration by stamina use has its own problems. Does it count buffing? Either way, I could sit somewhere for 2 weeks (or longer) playing arena using enhanced items and never spending a single stamina.

Its a good point, something we didn't consider, we could make arena or combat moves use duration on the gems. Personally I don't think it should count buffing but this idea is concept still so all feedback is welcome.

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#33 Treelink

Treelink

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 17:57

To some degree i do like it.. However, i would never throw gems into my items and make them unsellable - You only use your items for so many level. It would benefit pvp'ers and gvg'ers who never levels up though.

However, i love the idea that you can further upgrade your weapons and stuff, and finally make all the junk you gather when leveling useful. You guys have to rethink the bound thing though :)

#34 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 31 August 2011 - 17:57

Use the gems to Mutate potions? Instead of gear? ;)

#35 fs_commiedevo

fs_commiedevo
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2011 - 18:00

One of the primary complaints about this game is that leveling is already WAY too fast and easy - hence the existence of a ridiculous 1200+ levels already, when other MMORPGs succeed with less than 100 levels. Why add MORE overpowered gear that makes it EVEN EASIER to burn through content?

On a somewhat tangential note, what is the plan for this game?? Are you going to produce 5 million levels? Rather than focusing on gear, perhaps HCS might think about a sustainable element of gameplay that doesn't require more levels?... Just a thought.

#36 fs_dsjupiter

fs_dsjupiter
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2011 - 18:01

One of the primary complaints about this game is that leveling is already WAY too fast and easy - hence the existence of a ridiculous 1200+ levels already, when other MMORPGs succeed with less than 100 levels. Why add MORE overpowered gear that makes it EVEN EASIER to burn through content?

On a somewhat tangential note, what is the plan for this game?? Are you going to produce 5 million levels? Rather than focusing on gear, perhaps HCS might think about a sustainable element of gameplay that doesn't require more levels?... Just a thought.

Like GvG, PvP, BB, Arena, Scavenging ;)

#37 fs_nybras

fs_nybras
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2011 - 18:01

I appreciate you guys trying new things, but I've played several games in the past that have done something similar to this and I've never liked it. By binding your good items you're not getting any return back on your good gear by getting to sell it later. I'd prefer you to just make another equipment slot and use this system to upgrade that item and that item only. You can't buy that item any other way. This way you can utilize this system to make your own items, but not take away from previously used gear.

#38 Grimmhawk

Grimmhawk

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 18:02

Sounds a lot like the Imbuing of weapons and armor that other games like WoW, Diablo and so on have to enhance gear for different strengths or effects. Just a different way of doing it.

If done right could make game play more interesting. Like say your in a frozen realm and need gear with that's been enhanced with a fire gem for protection against the cold and to damage creatures if your gear isn't enhanced you take extra damage when hit. Could make specific realms and creatures for the different effects the gems will give.

#39 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 31 August 2011 - 18:03

I must say that reading over this, I am not a fan of the ideas behind enhancing gear.

The idea of using "unwanted" gear to break it down and turn it into different types of shards/gems etc is a pretty good idea. Using these gems to increase the power of sets that are already overpowered as is (taking buffs into consideration), I do not agree with. Maybe if you allow it so that the gems/shards can only be used to enhance non-set items would be a good idea to use them for, or rather just allow the gems/shards to increase certain traits of other things such as potions/buffs/enhancements (rather than changing the stats on gear).

I think there is still a lot of work needed on this subject, but before we start going full steam ahead on it, could we look into other current issues within the game: certain buffs, GVG, PVP ladder, Arena etc.

Thanks,

#40 Tazarian

Tazarian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Canada

Posted 31 August 2011 - 18:04

Love the idea, 100% for it. I can see many good things from it.....people just have to think a little outside of the box to see how good this could be for the game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: