Can we get respond from cows on this please? :x

#42 Neomaxiums

Neomaxiums

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 14 October 2012 - 15:41

I agree with this idea 100% mainly because when I was trying the arena I got smashed by shin almost every time I made it to the finals (think I only ever won 3 against em) so I pretty much gave up :P

#43 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:43

Hrm. Looking at it, the idea certainly has merit. I think a token for the loser of the final is okay, no need for the winner as they just won the event. A token for every 10+ (or whatever) tournaments where you get past the first round is a fairly interesting idea. I think I'll talk with the guys about this. See what they think.

#44 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:32

Hrm. Looking at it, the idea certainly has merit. I think a token for the loser of the final is okay, no need for the winner as they just won the event. A token for every 10+ (or whatever) tournaments where you get past the first round is a fairly interesting idea. I think I'll talk with the guys about this. See what they think.

Glad to see your respond here :)

#45 hbklives

hbklives

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 October 2012 - 19:31

Thank you for looking into this. :)

tumblr_ohmmkinSKX1siy7m0o1_540.png

#46 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 22 October 2012 - 20:49

Well, this have been suggested in some arena threads before long time and was interested by players..

I believe this will increase activity in arena aspect and reduce player's frustration

There will be 2 ways to collect tokens
1.Reach final lose or win you obtain 1 token
2.Every 10 tourneys you join with passing first round you obtain 1 token

Add "Arena shop" just like pvp ladder shop

Add the potions currently spawn in arena or new potions and make them going for 20 token each

Maybe add current resources with higher tokens price

Any thoughts are welcome :)

I'm assuming the winner would get a token for reaching the final in addition to the reward?

#47 hbklives

hbklives

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 October 2012 - 21:18

Well, this have been suggested in some arena threads before long time and was interested by players..

I believe this will increase activity in arena aspect and reduce player's frustration

Add the potions currently spawn in arena or new potions and make them going for 20 token each

I'm assuming the winner would get a token for reaching the final in addition to the reward?

I think not. Winner would get the prize and the runner up would get the token. No need to increase their prize further.

I believe this idea was thought of for the people that lose, mostly.

tumblr_ohmmkinSKX1siy7m0o1_540.png

#48 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 22 October 2012 - 21:31

I think not. Winner would get the prize and the runner up would get the token. No need to increase their prize further.

I believe this idea was thought of for the people that lose, mostly.

Ah ok, so everyone who got past round 1 would get 1 token, then the player who reached the final round (but didn't win) would get an extra token?

#49 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 21:41

Ah ok, so everyone who got past round 1 would get 1 token, then the player who reached the final round (but didn't win) would get an extra token?

Yea
Final loser Obtain 1 token = less frustration :)
and Passing 1 st round on 10 tourneys obtain 1 token = more activity on arena :)

#50 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 22 October 2012 - 21:52

Yea
and Passing 1 st round on 10 tourneys obtain 1 token = more activity on arena :)

I think to make it simpler it could be 1 token for passing the first round, or 10 tokens for losing in the final. (Then multiply the token cost of the items by 10).

#51 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 21:54

Yea

I think to make it simpler it could be 1 token for passing the first round, or 10 tokens for losing in the final. (Then multiply the token cost of the items by 10).

Well that works..simpler things always good

#52 Jonah Tebaa

Jonah Tebaa

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts
  • Lebanon

Posted 23 October 2012 - 20:02

Totally loving this. More players would join the arena has the following benefits:

1- nice gold sink so hopefully we don't see FSP going for 250k in marketplace.
2- feasible mini game that needs no stam, as many players find nothing to do while waiting for stam to refill, and eventually lose interest in the game.
3- decrease the hue control of the few arena stars over prices. Now, 5% of the players win 95% of the valuable arenas.

I did get my bronze arena medal after HELL. I won most of my rounds by chance. It was simply not rewarding enough for me so once i got it, i stopped joining. With this system, I would certainly try to get better to get more tokens.

I suggest though that the tokens be given as follows:

1 token if you lose at second round
3 if you lose at third round
10 if you lose at fourth round.

This would reward players for advancing further, and would not allow easy token from arenas with 4 players only.

#53 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 14:24

Totally loving this. More players would join the arena has the following benefits:

1- nice gold sink so hopefully we don't see FSP going for 250k in marketplace.
2- feasible mini game that needs no stam, as many players find nothing to do while waiting for stam to refill, and eventually lose interest in the game.
3- decrease the hue control of the few arena stars over prices. Now, 5% of the players win 95% of the valuable arenas.

I did get my bronze arena medal after HELL. I won most of my rounds by chance. It was simply not rewarding enough for me so once i got it, i stopped joining. With this system, I would certainly try to get better to get more tokens.

I suggest though that the tokens be given as follows:

1 token if you lose at second round
3 if you lose at third round
10 if you lose at fourth round.

This would reward players for advancing further, and would not allow easy token from arenas with 4 players only.

i like your idea..i also like that you realize what is wrong with arena...5% of players winning all the good prizes (what few are left to win)..something needs to be done with the arena so that a player feels like they have a better than 1% chance of winning and something to do while waiting for stam to refill...at this time arena is way way to slow to fill to sit for any amount of time and wait for new arena to start..this is causing much less interest in arena and slowing it down even further...hcs needs to do something to spark interest and speed into arena again...was my favorite part of time...now i hardly get involved..not because i lose 98 out of 100 i enter, but because it TAKES TO LONG TO START...fix this part of arena and more will play regardless of how much they lose...but then after awhile they had better win a few times or they will again leave arena...

#54 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:33

BUMP

This is one of best ways to sink gold! and encourage more players to join arena

#55 Jonah Tebaa

Jonah Tebaa

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts
  • Lebanon

Posted 18 November 2012 - 22:37

BUMP

This is one of best ways to sink gold! and encourage more players to join arena

And get more people to play more

#56 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:47

I like the idea cause I usually have the skill to get to the finals but never win. After awhile, I got irritated by it and quit arena.

I think this is a nice compromise instead of taking all the arena items out of arena and making them AH special items (I know many like that idea).

#57 Jonah Tebaa

Jonah Tebaa

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts
  • Lebanon

Posted 19 November 2012 - 15:46

If I was the one to set game update priorities, I would make this number one priority. Arena is just too good. I mean it is a good game alone even without all other aspects of FS. This update is just too good and I see no cons about it. Come HCS, make me the prioritiser ;p

#58 2good4u222

2good4u222

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:20

The arena isn't broken, so haste is not necessary on this subject. For me, it is a delight to even see the Cows acknowledging a change to arena is a possibility. Good luck in the arena folks.

#59 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:38

The arena isn't broken, so haste is not necessary on this subject. For me, it is a delight to even see the Cows acknowledging a change to arena is a possibility. Good luck in the arena folks.

Sure its not broken :) but while its getting slow im sure the players who dont play it much after bronze medal will get back and play more often when they add arena tokens

#60 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 29 November 2012 - 14:39

Any way we could get an idea of what's on the *To do List* in the new year grim? Ie: What's in store with regards to the future? Or the Direction of the game as a whole? ( sorry if this derails, not intended)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: