Photo

Gold Upgrades reset at 00:00 daily please!

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

Poll: Gold Upgrades reset at 00:00 daily? (385 member(s) have cast votes)

Gold Upgrades reset at 00:00 daily?

1. Voted Yes (344 votes [89.35%])

Percentage of vote: 89.35%

2. Voted No (41 votes [10.65%])

Percentage of vote: 10.65%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 20:50

i agree daily @ 00:00 is better

#22 fs_darkdem0n

fs_darkdem0n
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2012 - 21:01

I agree. 00:00 would make it much easier.

#23 Doginal

Doginal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 21:04

Big yes from me. I suggested right away in the gold upgrade thread. Just makes sense and makes it WAY easier to keep track of. I've missed a bunch due to forgetting to check on not being on when it resets. Would help sink a lot more gold if people can just do it once a day when they log on

#24 mitgsx

mitgsx

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 21:09

I don't understand why a revolving 24 hour period was implemented in the first place? I know I have missed a few upgrades due to this.

Should all upgrades of this type be based this way? Bank deposits set on the 24 hour revolving window for a cow reason?

#25 torped

torped

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 21:15

Definitely yes, all upgrades should be reset at midnight.

#26 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 21:16

I voted no but only because I think your idea should be tweaked a little. Instead of a set time every day for all players I think the reset should coincide with your bank deposit reset.

I agree 100% with this idea. The first benefit of this idea is that a log message is already in place that requires no extra programing. I think that's a pretty good reminder for just about anybody for the gold upgrades.

Anyway, I disagree (but not 100%) with the idea of it being set at midnight ST, because, quite simply, it doesn't solve the "problem" people are talking about. Rather than going into a long-winded explanation of why, I'll simply respond to "Yote's" suggestion with "Evarius' goal" (gold sink) in mind:

1. The depo reset is currently visible as a mouseover at the top of every FS page no matter what you are doing.

2. The depo reset is the only "uniform" time in FS. By that I mean, that it adjusts according to when a player actually tends to play. 00:00 ST is 1 a.m. for some 6 p.m. for others, etc... Any randomly picked ST number will be inconvenient for some based on where they are on the globe and even inconvenient for some in the same time zone due to their lifestyle, ie., their RL clock.

The depo reset however coincides with everybody's schedule no matter where they are. I know that's not 100% the case and it gets messed up once a week or whatever... but on a long term perspective your average depo reset time over a year will correspond to your "general" schedule.

3. Putting the ideology behind 1 and 2 together, we can see why this would benefit the gold sink idea. I think that most players could see the usefulness of planning their hunt around their depo time. You can fill your bank or your Guild Bank by hunting efficiently and planning your hunt to cover your depo reset time. Your depo reset time is also a time that you can plan ahead to adjust at your leisure since you know ahead of time when it will reset and you can log in to change it accordingly.

That said, this would be the most efficient time for a gold upgrade reset because players could opt to hunt prior to the reset, use the upgrade, have their reset at their "chosen" time and thus be able to use them again while they are raking in hunting gold.

In short, it would effectively make the gold sink a two for one deal when hunting. As for those that constantly purchase as soon as they can, they would have a log message letting them know that they can now reuse the upgrade.

I think this is the most logical suggestion with the "least" amount of work for HCS and that is most likely able to fit like clockwork into game-learned behaviors that are already in place.

I did NOT vote on this poll because the answers don't represent my opinion or cover all the bases. Most scientific polls will include "don't know", "don't care" and "other". Not a critique, just a suggestion...

That constructive criticism aside, nice job Evarius... it's a topic that has already been "over-discussed" and it's great to see it getting some attention (o0

Prosperous smacking everybody!

#27 Jonah Tebaa

Jonah Tebaa

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts
  • Lebanon

Posted 11 December 2012 - 21:21

My thought on this is that it should reset once per week and allow 70 max stam to be bought, and 700 current stam. The same amounts are being bought that way, but players have the chance to do them while hunting and they would matter.

Especially low level players who can't keep holding much gold at hand.

If it was a daily thing, they would need to change their hunting gold to FSPs then back to gold to upgrade daily.

#28 vetlet

vetlet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 21:21

Wouldn't mind the deposit reset to be fixed as well, tbh, but as someone said, this is about upgrades.

#29 utabones

utabones

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 21:26

Great idea Chris, you should go to pub more often :)

#30 fs_azrail

fs_azrail
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2012 - 21:33

wonderful idea and I am 100% agree with you, I have the same problem all the time . thank you for taking your time and having the poll for all of us to benefit from . Thank you

#31 lawyergod

lawyergod

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 21:33

Personally, I'd prefer that ALL resets -- i.e. bank deposits and the like -- occur at a standard time, e.g. 00:00 ST.

#32 fs_imdevin

fs_imdevin
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2012 - 21:40

I think the daily time reset schedual at 12:00am would be just as good or better than the reset period that is currently present. The game can only get better am i right?

#33 realking

realking

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 21:44

I like the gold upgrades,,i have missed a whole lot of them because i didnt know they reset,,,but i am thankful to have found them again,,,and again and again,,

THANKS FOR THOSE UPGRADES

#34 Triana

Triana

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 21:49

I like the idea and voted yes, but I feel there will be a dip in gold available in the market place if everyone is reset at once. I think matching the deposit time is okie. I think that one is always the same time if you are online, or it notifies you as soon as you log in next, so it really is every 24 hrs.

#35 fs_p1t1rc1k

fs_p1t1rc1k
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2012 - 21:50

Good idea! And yes, all timers (bank etc.) can be reset at the same time, 00.00 is good for everyone i think.

Also what about adding new gold upgrades? :) or maybe with another currency type, weekly resetted, or monthly maybe :P Or that inventory upgrade can be resetted weekly, monthly? :)

Good luck and good day!! :)

#36 Hidrato

Hidrato

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 21:51

As everyone else, i'm one of those who miss the upgrade often, thats why i support the idea.

#37 Stelmaria

Stelmaria

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 21:57

I voted yes, because I think that it's a good idea, but I think it should apply to ALL resets, including bank deposit reset.

#38 gulp45

gulp45

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 22:05

It will still be 24 hour form the last time you deposite if u wAnt to deposite at 0:00 then make a deposite at 0:00 that All I am aginst this idea

#39 gulp45

gulp45

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 22:10

Also if everyone bank resets at the smae time pvper will attack for gold since they know when your about to deposite

#40 fs_p1t1rc1k

fs_p1t1rc1k
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2012 - 22:10

You aren't need to upgrade your stam at exact 00.00. you can do this thing any time in that day.

Another idea: What about putting a notification for "gold upgrade available" on the left side of the page like mailbox icon??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: