108 replies to this topic

#101 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 04:50

Let's give this idea another shot! Bump!

#102 paingwin

paingwin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 05:05

Not necessarily. A price has already been established for established for each old Epic and will stay relatively the same no matter if this idea comes into play. The new Epics will be priced by those that want them. Simple supply and demand will set the price of the new items. Plus if Inventor 2 works with this, the prices will drop just as the RP Epics drop in price.

No, i disagree. as the number of "old epics" in the game decrease, the price will raise due to the low number of them. If there are 1000 KKH's in the game the price will be far lower for them then if there were only 500, or 250. The fewer there are, the more they cost, that's simple economics.

#103 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 05:09

No, i disagree. as the number of "old epics" in the game decrease, the price will raise due to the low number of them. If there are 1000 KKH's in the game the price will be far lower for them then if there were only 500, or 250. The fewer there are, the more they cost, that's simple economics.

Yes yes, I know. I was naive when I first created this thread.. the idea was sound, but my arguments about pricing... not so sound.

#104 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 05:22

That's not a bad idea. I agree with that idea.

Crystalline Epics:
Higher Stamina gain than normal Epics.
Low durability, 50-75 would be good.

Sounds like an idea that might be worth pursuing. We'll think about it.

adding in recipes using more RP items, combining Epics together, etc.

But what would the outcome look like?

Possibilities:
+1 or +2 on stamina gain or xp gain
New enhancements!
Upgraded stats.

Anything other thoughts?

Also a possibility.

Let's start this whole idea back on these two parts

#105 aa0007

aa0007

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,379 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 29 July 2013 - 05:51

I'm all for combining epics. We've got too many small epics as it is, there's so many +2 epics that it's basically impossible to sell them for a reasonable price, you need to go 10-20% under AH to get them sold in a reasonable amount of time. Combing 2 +2 epics for a +3/+4 in the same slot would work fine for me, either 2 of the same or 2 items in the same slot (ie. Echiphon and Oggies). 

#106 vamunre

vamunre

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 18:06

Can we get some higher level defense EPICs!  Dont care how they are made.  Just make it happen already. THANKS

#107 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 21 August 2013 - 21:56

I'm all for combining epics. We've got too many small epics as it is, there's so many +2 epics that it's basically impossible to sell them for a reasonable price, you need to go 10-20% under AH to get them sold in a reasonable amount of time. Combing 2 +2 epics for a +3/+4 in the same slot would work fine for me, either 2 of the same or 2 items in the same slot (ie. Echiphon and Oggies). 

Umm, No to that from me .. Epics are at a price now where "joe public" can afford them. Does that make them less than epic, I guess so, but that's fine too.

To fill in the gaps, introduce NEW epics via RP or Titans - don't use existing ones to reinvent or you make a small batch of traders holding stock VERY rich ... 

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#108 koenvdv

koenvdv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Badge
  • Belgium

Posted 21 August 2013 - 22:38

Why make temporary solutions ... that's just waste of effort.

#109 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:57

Just an idea but...

If we can create our own "Epic Sets" to work with CoA, CoD, SH, Shield Wall and Armor Boost?

Explaining:
- Only one Epic does not count as a set, but wear more than one will count as ONE set, don't matter if you're wearing 9 Epics, will count as one set.
-You'll not receive any kind of 'Set Bonus', the only benefit is that you'll receive bonus from those 'set buffs'.

With that some Epics will start to be used on hunting, offline gear and maybe even PvP.

That can increase the value of Epics, since more guilds and players will want it for really use it, not for just have more stamina gain.

PS: Some values maybe need to be tweaked, but that's an idea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: