55 replies to this topic

#1 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:05

I think its time to introduce a new element into the game. I've taken a couple elements of the game already out there and combined it into one idea. Granted, I do not have a name for this idea, but its a work in progress.

Epics are now easily attainable and will continue to progressively get easier to attain as time goes on because of a few reasons: they are not as wanted as they used to be and there are a lot of them which adds to the unwanted idea. So what I am saying is they are now LE items of FS, granted they are better in some ways, they can still be considered LE as to how easily attainable they are. Now what if we were to add something into the game, a new prize that would really be considered EPIC that would be extremely hard to attain?

What we have now:
Titan Hunting: Players hunt down a Titan to attain the Epic that that Titan gives.
PvP Ladder: A ladder that players can join and fight over prestige to see who is the best until the reset.

My combined idea:
Let's introduce a new devastating creature every week/month that players will have to fight over. The player that gets the most kills will achieve the prize (inputting the Titan idea). This prize will be awarded to the winner and that winner will have the prize for the week/month until the reset at the next week/month (inputting the Ladder idea). Time limit: week or month? What are your thoughts?

Prize possibilities:
- + xp gain on creatures or hour
- + stamina gain per hour
- New item (bound to the winner until the reset where it will disappear for the next winner)
- ?? (any other thoughts)
- ?? (any other thoughts)

This can also be linked into a guild activity! Same concept applies, kill the creature for the prize with the reset at the end of the time period. Prizes can be the same or can be different.

Why do this?
This can bring in some more activity. This 'prize' that everyone will be after will be extremely hard to attain. Possibly bring in some old players at the thought of some major competition each week/month. Granted this prize will have to be something that will want to be wanted by everyone!

EXAMPLE:
A new powerful creature comes into our world every month. With this creature comes 1 new prize. Player X kills this creature (first, the most, whatever) and attains the prize. This prize will be bound to him and no one else. He will have that item to use for the whole month until its reset (like the PvP ladder) where there will be another fight where Players X, Y, and Z have to fight over it to see who will get to use it for the month. Cycle keeps going on...
**Again, time limit can be changed**

Now bring on the feedback! What do you think?

#2 Nagoyaka

Nagoyaka

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:45

We could make it a guild activity. So the item dropped should be guild-tagged, and not possibly to be un-tagged. Stats of the creature should be so insanely overpowered that a solo is out of the question, even with a epic potion running. Guild would require x amount of kills, or creature have x amount of hp like current titan system. If using it like the current titan system, it would be only one winning guild. If using x amount required by a guild, it would be possible to put on a time it must be done within. Lets for example say creature will be alive 48 hours, 1 week or something. Any guild that meet required amount of kills (would need to use group attack as solo will be impossible due to super stats), will receive the item. But remove your idea of having it only for a set time. Guild gets to keep it as long they want, but if they un-tag it, it gets destroyed. Creature should only show up once, then be killed forever. Next time it would be a new creature with a new item. Thoughts?

Edit: or the same creature could show up again after 1 year, making it an Event. Having 4-12 different creatures, showing up once a month, once every 2nd month, or once every 3rd month.

Edit 2: Item could also be bound potions going to all guild members mailbox. Or even bound items going to all guild members mailbox.

#3 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:49

We could make it a guild activity. So the item dropped should be guild-tagged, and not possibly to be un-tagged. Stats of the creature should be so insanely overpowered that a solo is out of the question, even with a epic potion running. Guild would require x amount of kills, or creature have x amount of hp like current titan system. If using it like the current titan system, it would be only one winning guild. If using x amount required by a guild, it would be possible to put on a time it must be done within. Lets for example say creature will be alive 48 hours, 1 week or something. Any guild that meet required amount of kills (would need to use group attack as solo will be impossible due to super stats), will receive the item. But remove your idea of having it only for a set time. Guild gets to keep it as long they want, but if they un-tag it, it gets destroyed. Creature should only show up once, then be killed forever. Next time it would be a new creature with a new item. Thoughts?

Edit: or the same creature could show up again after 1 year, making it an Event. Having 4-12 different creatures, showing up once a month, once every 2nd month, or once every 3rd month.

Edit 2: Item could also be bound potions going to all guild members mailbox. Or even bound items going to all guild members mailbox.

That could work, but what if it isn't an item that is given? I gave the idea of a Super EPIC item for the purpose that it would be reset so that everyone could fight over it. Kind of the same thing as the Titan system now if they got to keep the Epic forever.

Another thing, on the new creatures. That could work, different creatures with different prizes throughout each month. And again, ask yourself, what if the prize wasn't an item? We really have enough of those as it is. The prize could be a bonus potion or bonus gain, etc.

Lastly, this idea should work towards individuals as well to give everyone a fair fighting chance. I don't have anything against the top guilds, but it would be extremely unlikely for a less powerful guild to acquire this super EPIC prize.

#4 Nagoyaka

Nagoyaka

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 13:23

That could work, but what if it isn't an item that is given? I gave the idea of a Super EPIC item for the purpose that it would be reset so that everyone could fight over it. Kind of the same thing as the Titan system now if they got to keep the Epic forever.

Another thing, on the new creatures. That could work, different creatures with different prizes throughout each month. And again, ask yourself, what if the prize wasn't an item? We really have enough of those as it is. The prize could be a bonus potion or bonus gain, etc.

Lastly, this idea should work towards individuals as well to give everyone a fair fighting chance. I don't have anything against the top guilds, but it would be extremely unlikely for a less powerful guild to acquire this super EPIC prize.

Powerful potions seem to be best option. And to regarding lower guilds, maybe it would be possible to make the creature stats dependant of guild size (average lvl and amount of members) that attacks it?

It should really be something that brings an entire guild together.

#5 uhsword

uhsword

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 21:05

Powerful potions seem to be best option. And to regarding lower guilds, maybe it would be possible to make the creature stats dependant of guild size (average lvl and amount of members) that attacks it?

Ok the scenarios around this could really make you trip before you know it. The reality is there is no fair gameplay even when it comes to the arena from the start to whatever comes as a terminus it seemed like a really wonderful deal for FS to experience but still underwent a few problems that many players grew out of or mentioned earlier. This won't work out like a capture a relic and booyah plenty of satisfaction in store; it's true the stats go up of course when someone is added into the team but determining that in another level in which the players are analyzed thoroughly to the extent that even with the stats always changing it doesn't allow unbecoming factors to run in in order for all the composed guild mates to successfully beat the epic would be hard even for HCS to calculate and if the majority agrees to it let it be tweaked w/o having bugs again due to a new 'event' so to speak. How do you propose that if this element you highly speak of were to work out as a whole for the lower guilds when the higher levels have buffs known to them as being mighty and are less willing to offer them to ppl of the lower guilds until the monthly epic monster were to disappear by their hands? Another thing what are you going to do about the players that were banned from the game but are still in the guild that they were in but the founder(s) don't want to kick them out b/c it's their family loyal member of the team etc. etc.; should the guild be overpowered by the epic due to that happening or would that not matter at all to you (gomez)? You have to consider EVERYTHING that goes into place here you can't simply just discard the little things because they're insignificant and hardly make a difference. Please don't tell me an aggravated player has every right to play the blame game, if this element were to occur, on someone because he/she was not here when they had the chance and lost it to someone better or worse; you lose and win some just like when you snooze you lose :P .

With that being said I honestly can see your idea working gomez and I'm not trying to throw dynamites in your mouth again but there are more unstable consistencies then there are stable ones.

BG you will be missed :(

eqnq15.png                  

#6 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 22:29

Ok the scenarios around this could really make you trip before you know it. The reality is there is no fair gameplay even when it comes to the arena from the start to whatever comes as a terminus it seemed like a really wonderful deal for FS to experience but still underwent a few problems that many players grew out of or mentioned earlier. This won't work out like a capture a relic and booyah plenty of satisfaction in store; it's true the stats go up of course when someone is added into the team but determining that in another level in which the players are analyzed thoroughly to the extent that even with the stats always changing it doesn't allow unbecoming factors to run in in order for all the composed guild mates to successfully beat the epic would be hard even for HCS to calculate and if the majority agrees to it let it be tweaked w/o having bugs again due to a new 'event' so to speak.

How do you propose that if this element you highly speak of were to work out as a whole for the lower guilds when the higher levels have buffs known to them as being mighty and are less willing to offer them to ppl of the lower guilds until the monthly epic monster were to disappear by their hands?

Another thing what are you going to do about the players that were banned from the game but are still in the guild that they were in but the founder(s) don't want to kick them out b/c it's their family loyal member of the team etc. etc.; should the guild be overpowered by the epic due to that happening or would that not matter at all to you (gomez)? You have to consider EVERYTHING that goes into place here you can't simply just discard the little things because they're insignificant and hardly make a difference.

Please don't tell me an aggravated player has every right to play the blame game, if this element were to occur, on someone because he/she was not here when they had the chance and lost it to someone better or worse; you lose and win some just like when you snooze you lose :P .

With that being said I honestly can see your idea working gomez and I'm not trying to throw dynamites in your mouth again but there are more unstable consistencies then there are stable ones.

I hope you don't mind if I break your giant paragraph up..

I'm going to reply by the paragraphs I made..:

1. Yes, it would take a bunch of info for HCS to calculate, but in the long run, I think it will be worth it.
2. I'm not completely sure on the guild part yet, looking for feedback. This was supposed to be more individually orientated at the start.
3. The prize would benefit the guild for the time limit. Overpowered? Possibly since its supposed to be wanted it should be so the guild would be overpowered for a time.
4. No comment there

#7 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 22:45

Powerful potions could be an option, but how powerful is the question.

#8 uhsword

uhsword

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 22:48

Ok the scenarios around this could really make you trip before you know it. The reality is there is no fair gameplay even when it comes to the arena from the start to whatever comes as a terminus it seemed like a really wonderful deal for FS to experience but still underwent a few problems that many players grew out of or mentioned earlier. This won't work out like a capture a relic and booyah plenty of satisfaction in store; it's true the stats go up of course when someone is added into the team but determining that in another level in which the players are analyzed thoroughly to the extent that even with the stats always changing it doesn't allow unbecoming factors to run in in order for all the composed guild mates to successfully beat the epic would be hard even for HCS to calculate and if the majority agrees to it let it be tweaked w/o having bugs again due to a new 'event' so to speak.

How do you propose that if this element you highly speak of were to work out as a whole for the lower guilds when the higher levels have buffs known to them as being mighty and are less willing to offer them to ppl of the lower guilds until the monthly epic monster were to disappear by their hands?

Another thing what are you going to do about the players that were banned from the game but are still in the guild that they were in but the founder(s) don't want to kick them out b/c it's their family loyal member of the team etc. etc.; should the guild be overpowered by the epic due to that happening or would that not matter at all to you (gomez)? You have to consider EVERYTHING that goes into place here you can't simply just discard the little things because they're insignificant and hardly make a difference.

Please don't tell me an aggravated player has every right to play the blame game, if this element were to occur, on someone because he/she was not here when they had the chance and lost it to someone better or worse; you lose and win some just like when you snooze you lose :P .

I hope you don't mind if I break your giant paragraph up..

I'm going to reply by the paragraphs I made..:

1. Yes, it would take a bunch of info for HCS to calculate, but in the long run, I think it will be worth it.
2. I'm not completely sure on the guild part yet, looking for feedback. This was supposed to be more individually orientated at the start.
3. The prize would benefit the guild for the time limit. Overpowered? Possibly since its supposed to be wanted it should be so the guild would be overpowered for a time.
4. No comment there

Not at all this isn't really English class...

1. I hope you're right if they have a lot of self-esteem they might want to
2. I know should of said this earlier but was addressing more to nagoyaka as I heard shes a great player and gives not only good feedback but other things.. good rumors can spread too
3. Was not really referring to the time limit but on the guilds expense overall. Let's say a guild is a room of 35 ppl but with 4 players that somehow got kicked out of the game but are still in the guild VS. a different guild of 35 ppl but with 0 players kicked and I know this is impossible but just trying to validate what I said before: with all their stats being the same and they both try stomping on the epic monster.. should the banned ppls' stats be entered and counted or not counted because they aren't part of the guild any longer?
....5. What's the duration of the potion are we looking at here?

eqnq15.png                  

#9 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 23:08

Not at all this isn't really English class...

1. I hope you're right if they have a lot of self-esteem they might want to
2. I know should of said this earlier but was addressing more to nagoyaka as I heard shes a great player and gives not only good feedback but other things.. good rumors can spread too
3. Was not really referring to the time limit but on the guilds expense overall. Let's say a guild is a room of 35 ppl but with 4 players that somehow got kicked out of the game but are still in the guild VS. a different guild of 35 ppl but with 0 players kicked and I know this is impossible but just trying to validate what I said before: with all their stats being the same and they both try stomping on the epic monster.. should the banned ppls' stats be entered and counted or not counted because they aren't part of the guild any longer?
....5. What's the duration of the potion are we looking at here?

Not sure what you are getting at with this inactive player/terminated player thing... explain?

Duration would be a one time use, not duration for that. Bound so it can't be traded.

#10 uhsword

uhsword

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 23:36

Not sure what you are getting at with this inactive player/terminated player thing... explain?

Is that better? Just trying to make it crystal clear of how it should be or not be if this were to be implemented. Don't care for any of this if you still don't get what I'm trying to say.

eqnq15.png                  

#11 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 00:05

Is that better? Just trying to make it crystal clear of how it should be or not be if this were to be implemented. Don't care for any of this if you still don't get what I'm trying to say.

I got it now. That could be a problem, but that is for the guild to decide on what to do with their members, not for me to decide other guild's members fate.

#12 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 00:20

Another idea could use Ignotus's idea from the Global forum:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=109033&start=75

Randomly assign guilds to a side and have them team up with their fellow guilds to beat the other side to get to use the possession of a collection for the time limit..

#13 Lupp0

Lupp0

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Netherlands

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:27

I dont like this very much.
I agree with you, the game can use a new "something" but this is not it.
The reason why the epics are getting worth less and less is due to the massive output of new titans all at once.
Yes epics will drop in price, and yes they have been overpriced for years.. so its nice to see them come down in price to be honest.
Now average Joe can get epic suited aswell instead of only the rich.
But, something can be done about the spawnrate of the titans maybe, the inflation will be realy bad in the near future.

Imo we dont need another new item/thing to hunt which will be super costy to get, and only available to the ones with best internet connection etc, its bad.. realy bad...
Like somebody mentioned earlier, if this could be a guild vs guild thing, in a different setup, it might be a good idea.
And dont make it a "big" prize, make it small.. why everything gotta be "big" in this game before all are satisfied :/
When the prizes are big, then the difference between rich and poor and fast computer and bad computer only become more and more of an issue and disrupt economy.

RYUVWTI.png

#14 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:38

I dont like this very much.
I agree with you, the game can use a new "something" but this is not it.
The reason why the epics are getting worth less and less is due to the massive output of new titans all at once.
Yes epics will drop in price, and yes they have been overpriced for years.. so its nice to see them come down in price to be honest.
Now average Joe can get epic suited aswell instead of only the rich.
But, something can be done about the spawnrate of the titans maybe, the inflation will be realy bad in the near future.

Imo we dont need another new item/thing to hunt which will be super costy to get, and only available to the ones with best internet connection etc, its bad.. realy bad...
Like somebody mentioned earlier, if this could be a guild vs guild thing, in a different setup, it might be a good idea.
And dont make it a "big" prize, make it small.. why everything gotta be "big" in this game before all are satisfied :/
When the prizes are big, then the difference between rich and poor and fast computer and bad computer only become more and more of an issue and disrupt economy.

I posted something about the spawnrate of the Titans, but got shot down by HCS.

The "Big" prize is supposed to be big so that it will want to be acquired, it will want to be fought over by everyone. This prize won't effect the economy like the Epics because the prizes are bound. Big potions, bound. Big items, bound (possibly reset like the ladder), not much to effect the economy besides the leveling by players.

#15 Lupp0

Lupp0

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Netherlands

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:14

Well imo big is not always better.
Because of all the "big" potions, the FS economy got totaly distroyed in the first place.

If you make this "prize" bound, yes people will want to have it, but what is the big benifit for FS then?
One, or a few people in certain level range will aquire something shiney every now and then.
And if the prize is very big, the same people in a certain level range will aquire this item over and over.. just like with titans and everything else where you have the pro's involved (serves them right too lol).
HCS already introduced the global events not too long ago, which i think are great.
But because of all the big stuff out there already, even 10 AL400 potions cant get some people to burn their stamina anymore.
It has nothing to do with the prize, because if they had introduced this 3 years ago, every event would be ruby for the community.
But because there are AL750 potions out there, alot even, people dont care anymore and only want AL1000 now.

Im all for new things to get more activity in this game again, but i root for more guild action and prizes, not single player action.
What do guilds have to offer these days besides gear and buff packs which are outdated for years?
If this was more guild related i would root for ya :)

RYUVWTI.png

#16 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:18

Well imo big is not always better.
Because of all the "big" potions, the FS economy got totaly distroyed in the first place.

If you make this "prize" bound, yes people will want to have it, but what is the big benifit for FS then?
One, or a few people in certain level range will aquire something shiney every now and then.
And if the prize is very big, the same people in a certain level range will aquire this item over and over.. just like with titans and everything else where you have the pro's involved (serves them right too lol).
HCS already introduced the global events not too long ago, which i think are great.
But because of all the big stuff out there already, even 10 AL400 potions cant get some people to burn their stamina anymore.
It has nothing to do with the prize, because if they had introduced this 3 years ago, every event would be ruby for the community.
But because there are AL750 potions out there, alot even, people dont care anymore and only want AL1000 now.

Im all for new things to get more activity in this game again, but i root for more guild action and prizes, not single player action.
What do guilds have to offer these days besides gear and buff packs which are outdated for years?
If this was more guild related i would root for ya :)

Okay, let's start off there then. As I said before, I'm still looking for feedback on the guild competition for this idea. How do you think it should work between guilds?

#17 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:13

Okay, let's start off there then. As I said before, I'm still looking for feedback on the guild competition for this idea. How do you think it should work between guilds?

I like the idea in principle, but it needs a LOT of work to sort it all out so that it's not just another "win" button for the big guilds.

Yes - the item can be pretty good as a prize

Yes - it should be bound to the winning guild (and not be able to be un-bound)

Yes - it should be a temporary boost

But, how that's accomplished, without some sort of weighting system (and that's gonna involve a lot of coding), I don't know.

So, yes to the idea, but it needs a lot of "fleshing out"

#18 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:41

If this was a guild prize, how about it being a structure. Zero upkeep, percentage stat or enhancement boosts. It could be a like relic that cannot be taken and won't need to be defended.

Small detail: if a temporary prize (ie a number of weeks or months maybe) then a countdown timer could be added to the description on the manage page.

#19 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 14:31

If this was a guild prize, how about it being a structure. Zero upkeep, percentage stat or enhancement boosts. It could be a like relic that cannot be taken and won't need to be defended.

Small detail: if a temporary prize (ie a number of weeks or months maybe) then a countdown timer could be added to the description on the manage page.

Another possibility for the prize. What kind of bonus were you thinking the relic would give?

#20 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 17:39

Another possibility for the prize. What kind of bonus were you thinking the relic would give?

I'd make it just like a relic -- all stats and enhancements, additional to any realm relic held (so no 10% cap), maybe some stam and xp gains but not overpowered on those.

With all stats based on a percentage it would be useful to all guild mambers, regardless of level or play style. By not being a realm relic it could not be taken by another guild.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: