DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:04

Some critters I'd like to see in the caves:

Death's Head Bone (L450, that drops ring/shield)

Why on earth would you want that one in there, when you can buy PERFECT / FF'd pieces for 7 fsp (currently priced as such in the AH).

#22 Lsrpm

Lsrpm

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:45

I'd like to see no Legendary in caves but new potions... and just LE's in realms like old FS

fallensword going back to the old school? Never.

uwClls8.png

#23 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 15:16

I'd like to see no Legendary in caves but new potions... and just LE's in realms like old FS

fallensword going back to the old school? Never.

A retro event wouldn't be such a bad idea. A break from the present to the past would attract some good attention the older players.

#24 hbklives

hbklives

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 25 March 2013 - 21:34

Lord Thorn (Legendary)

tumblr_ohmmkinSKX1siy7m0o1_540.png

#25 Grimwald

Grimwald

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 14:04

Can't we have a bunch of elites in the caves? Would be a change for a while. :)

#26 Tazarian

Tazarian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Canada

Posted 26 March 2013 - 14:42

Some critters I'd like to see in the caves:

Death's Head Bone (L450, that drops ring/shield)

Why on earth would you want that one in there, when you can buy PERFECT / FF'd pieces for 7 fsp (currently priced as such in the AH).

LOL. I just thought to throw that one out.

Felicity Feline Friend

Is a great one, forgot about that critter and set.

#27 jzarashi

jzarashi

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:25

Is there a way to see the Gilded King and Zaragoth the Hades Dragon back soon? Prices for them are way too high. 

Also bring in some new LEs, 1k and above. 

#28 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:35

Is there a way to see the Gilded King and Zaragoth the Hades Dragon back soon? Prices for them are way too high. 

Also bring in some new LEs, 1k and above. 

Personally, I'd like those to stay out of the caves for a year from their release date. A lot of people spent a LOT of gold trying to get those items so bringing them back in too soon will devalue the investment of those lucky enough to get a drop ... (and I say that as someone who spent a LOT in the caves on those and got ZIP, other than the next-2-useless Gilded Potion)

New higher level LE's tho ? - heck to the yes :)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#29 kalish

kalish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 13:21

Personally, I'd like those to stay out of the caves for a year from their release date. A lot of people spent a LOT of gold trying to get those items so bringing them back in too soon will devalue the investment of those lucky enough to get a drop ... (and I say that as someone who spent a LOT in the caves on those and got ZIP, other than the next-2-useless Gilded Potion)

New higher level LE's tho ? - heck to the yes :)

I don't quite understand your point of view here. If someone scavenged for the Gilded or Zaragoth sets, ostensibly it was for one of two reasons: profit or to have the set(s) to use in-game. If profit was the goal, they have probably long since sold the items and realized that profit, and if the goal was to use the items, why would they care what the market price is?

I just don't see a reason for AH price stability to dictate what the Cows do and don't do. In the real world, markets fluctuate all the time and people still get by. Why should the game be any different?

#30 raist007

raist007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 14:06

I have returned to this game after a year or so's absence, and there have been a LOT of new sets introduced that have totally changed the landscape of PVP,GVG, and especially the arena.  That being said, one of the few sets I missed out on that I would love a chance to acquire is the gilded crown set (I know, who doesn't want a set?).   I know it's my fault for not being here when it was released in caves, BUT this set is definitely ridicuolously over-priced in AH (something is definitely wrong when I can buy stam gain epic gear cheaper than an LE set).  It seems the people complaining about bringing the Gilded King back before 6-12 months are either: 1) Merchants who want more profit, or 2) People very upset that they spent so much gold in-game to have such a poor drop-rate. (or both - lol)  Here's my point - the drop rate is STILL going to be sucky....so do you REALLY think that it is going to mess up the game economy THAT much???  Besides, the caves are SUPPOSED to be a goldsink - it's meant to be something you do only because you WANT to, not because you have to....and if you want to profit from the caves, well, luck annd proper planning/buffs/gold management is the key.

I am a cave hunter and i spend close to 30fsp everyday in the caves - it would nice to regularly have something to scavenge for other than resilience and EW1.5k pots.  I'm not complaining here, rather I want there to be more legendaries in caves on a regular basis.

So, the creatures I would like to see in caves are: The Gilded King as well as the Kifo Hoodoo Priestess  (I know i am biased because of my level - lol).

As a suggestion, there are a LOT of inventing items necessary for making legendary gear that require multiple arena prizes (many requiring several of the SAME arena prize) in order to make them.  Since the arena prizes are not automatically rotated there is a significant shortage in these components for making LE gear.  I can hear the merchants screaming "Nooooooo!!!!!!" at me now, BUT, would it be possible to include some of these components as drops from creatures in the caves.  So that there isn't a huge influx of created LE gear, you could even make a recipe for the arena prize as a quest item, then have the resources drop from cave creatures which then need to be extracted.  If people are still worried about too big of a hit to the economy, the cows can make the resource drop-rate very low and/or the extraction rate, and/or the chance to invent.  (Example: For Judges bust and Judges gavel have a creature that drops the 2 recipes for these items as quest items.  You could have 2 resources that drop as well - corpse and mallet....the body can extract into head and chest pieces, the mallet extracts into gavel's head and handle.  Invention rate could be in to 30-40% range.)   This is obviously just an example, but since you guys are using recipes more and more for new gear, the code for this should NOT be too difficult.  It would add a lot more variety to the game and possibly allow for a much greater goldsink in the game.  This would also allow for more players to take part in acquiring LE gear, rather than having to pay ridiculous AH prices.  More importantly, this would make a LOT of arena people and LE gear inventors happy since itme invention gets blocked because of how long it takes before the right arena prize comes out (not to mention needing to win the prize or buy it in AH).  One more point on this - because there are SO many arena prizes and components necessary, it would be very easy to rotate the creatures thru the caves in this manner for the different LE sets made this way =)

As for more potions being included as drops, I suppose a Greater Distil Potion (Distil 150-200) would definitely be awesome  (although I can see them getting to be ridiculously priced in AH).

Ok, I've said my piece, so I'll give it a quick recap:

Creatures I want - Gilded King and Kifo Hoodoo Priestess

Drops I want to see - Greter Distil Potion

Wishlist for cave hunting - Arena prizes as inventable items from cave creatures with recipes

Thanks for listening and now it's time for the haters to hate :P

#31 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 13 May 2013 - 22:03

I don't quite understand your point of view here. If someone scavenged for the Gilded or Zaragoth sets, ostensibly it was for one of two reasons: profit or to have the set(s) to use in-game. If profit was the goal, they have probably long since sold the items and realized that profit, and if the goal was to use the items, why would they care what the market price is?

I just don't see a reason for AH price stability to dictate what the Cows do and don't do. In the real world, markets fluctuate all the time and people still get by. Why should the game be any different?

Neither of those sets are ESSENTIAL equipment for hunting - heck, for the most part, it's only the Zaragoth boots that are wanted (they're the piece that command the premium price anyways). Gilded isn't too expensive either. 

There are plenty of alternatives to both sets, both of which will level you through with little to no difficulty

As for "and if the goal was to use the items, why would they care what the market price is?" - resale value maybe, when they've outgrown the set(s) ?

I know the above flies in the face of my comments regarding the prices of epics / titan items, but I like to differentiate between them because of the sheer scarcity of these items. Out of the 2 sets mentioned, the piece with the most instances in-game is the Gilded Crown and there are all of 55 of those in the game. Gilded Blade : 52. Zaragoth Gauntlets : 51. Zaragoth Sabatons : 43 and Zaragoth Shield : 50.

That's my point of view :)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#32 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 May 2013 - 21:17

Flask of Death please  :)

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: