73 replies to this topic

#1 hmfic

hmfic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:13

So discussing a few ideas with friends and thought I'd toss this out there

idea #1- instantly turn all ladder gear into crystaline (I know...blasphemy and horrible to most)

idea #2- why not have something like an RP buff pack but with tokens? something worth spending tokens on. Can be for leveling or PvP (remember we have to hunt levels back to stay in gear). Should be similar levels as current buffs but with fairly long duration

idea #3-how about adding additional stats or bonuses to gear(the gear would immediately become bound). similar to adding additional forges but possibly the ability to choose which stats or bonus's to add?

idea #4- been said before and I still agree with BOUND potions as ladder rewards

just some thoughts. add any feelings or ideas of your own

#2 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:16

idea #1- instantly turn all ladder gear into crystaline (I know...blasphemy and horrible to most)

idea #2- why not have something like an RP buff pack but with tokens? something worth spending tokens on. Can be for leveling or PvP (remember we have to hunt levels back to stay in gear). Should be similar levels as current buffs but with fairly long duration

idea #3-how about adding additional stats or bonuses to gear(the gear would immediately become bound). similar to adding additional forges but possibly the ability to choose which stats or bonus's to add?

idea #4- been said before and I still agree with BOUND potions as ladder rewards

Combine ladder gear, to increase stats ( but it then becomes bound) Only allow this to occur ONCE ( so gear isn't freakishly overpowering)

Example: Use ladder tokens to invent two agiads sets. Then use the two of those sets to make an improved agiads set* which then becomes player bound. ( even make improved ladder gear a different color so it's more distinguishable from the original gear. Heck make it a *custom* color since it's bound anyways ;)

The *new improved set* cannot be used to make another set.

It'd sink ALOT of tokens, make gear more useful ( since most has been dwarfed by other new crystal gear, arena gear and LE gear.)

#3 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:25

Example: Use ladder tokens to invent two agiads sets. Then use the two of those sets to make an improved agiads set* which then becomes player bound. ( even make improved ladder gear a different color so it's more distinguishable from the original gear. Heck make it a *custom* color since it's bound anyways ;)

+1!

Not a bad idea, just need to keep the buff packs at level 200 or below as to not have them overpowered.. Same restriction goes toward the bound potions idea imo.

#4 hmfic

hmfic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 14:10

Maeh- I love that idea. As long as the "improved" item is bound.

gomez- I agree. I was even thinking nothing higher than level 175(maybe 180) buffs. that way it wouldn't totally kill buff sales and still be useful if they had an fairly long duration

#5 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 April 2013 - 14:29

I was actually thinking about 'hybrid' rewards. Something you need to participate in several aspects to get. Gear/Pots that require any combination of Tokens, TKP, and RP to make. Guild-Bound pots, maybe?

#6 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 19:53

You said it: ...blasphemy and horrible.

The ah is loaded with pots as is loyalty. There are buffers willing to buff for 3 fsp. Why would anyone want a token pack?

Super gear?? Bound?? If bound the PvPer would not be able to level without eventually wanting to get rid of item for bp space.

Some PvPers play to get gear or something saleable in the auction for the benefit of their guild, making these things bound would defeat this purpose.

#7 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 April 2013 - 20:52

You said it: ...blasphemy and horrible.

The ah is loaded with pots as is loyalty. There are buffers willing to buff for 3 fsp. Why would anyone want a token pack?

Super gear?? Bound?? If bound the PvPer would not be able to level without eventually wanting to get rid of item for bp space.

Some PvPers play to get gear or something saleable in the auction for the benefit of their guild, making these things bound would defeat this purpose.

3. Why is that a bad thing?

4. So? People shouldnt work for something just for a profit... They should work to get something to use it themselves.

#8 hmfic

hmfic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 19:43

bumpity

#9 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 20:32

3. Why is that a bad thing?
Because you are not working for yourself (see your #4 below), you are working for the game. Bound items are bound for a reason: cheap (special auctions), quest (Yarin sword), or promotional event (potions to reward loyalty). The reason to bound PvP token items don't measure up (imho).

4. So? People shouldnt work for something just for a profit... They should work to get something to use it themselves.
Giving, selling, and trading PvP token "prizes" are ways for PvPers to decide for themselves what to do with their tokens. and who doesn't work to make money (sic)?

#10 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 April 2013 - 22:27

Working for bound items isnt working for yourself? wtf? That statement is illogical.

PvPers should PvP to PvP, and in this matter, to better themselves. People who want PvP items should PvP to get them for themselves.

#11 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:00

#1 you know it already,,,, its a bad idea and been shot down multiple times already.

#2 maybe,,, but put it on the bottom of the big list of things they were going to or should add first.

#3 sure but can we get the other half of the 2nd run of pvp gear that was promised in a couple months after the last set and stuff like composting first?

#4 Another thing that was going to be added long ago, another set of pvp gear and bound potions. Oh yea also bind those arena prizes, SE gear, cave items and RP items for the same reasons that make no sense to use it on pvp items.

#12 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:10

#4 Another thing that was going to be added long ago, another set of pvp gear and bound potions. Oh yea also bind those arena prizes, SE gear, cave items and RP items for the same reasons that make no sense to use it on pvp items.

What is so bad about having people work for their own stuff? Other than you get no profit, and they actually have to do something to get what they want...

#13 hmfic

hmfic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:14

What is so bad about having people work for their own stuff? Other than you get no profit, and they actually have to do something to get what they want...

certain people want to make an uber profit off of new items because they've been sitting and collecting pvp tokens for doing nothing for too long. Stockpiling tokens. I know plenty of people with well over 400+ pvp tokens with absolutely nothing to do with em.

making new items bound would keep the market from being over flooded within the first 24 hrs.

#14 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 April 2013 - 13:11

certain people want to make an uber profit off of new items because they've been sitting and collecting pvp tokens for doing nothing for too long. Stockpiling tokens. I know plenty of people with well over 400+ pvp tokens with absolutely nothing to do with em.

making new items bound would keep the market from being over flooded within the first 24 hrs.

Or clean-slating ALL tokens before release? :twisted:

#15 hmfic

hmfic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 13:29

I'd be fine with that but can promise nobody else would be.

So introduce new/different tokens?

if not anything not bound will flood the market within 24 hrs and become worthless within a matter of weeks again

#16 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 21:52

Working for bound items isnt working for yourself? wtf? That statement is illogical.

PvPers should PvP to PvP, and in this matter, to better themselves. People who want PvP items should PvP to get them for themselves.

Working for something one can't use is of little value. Selling, trading, or giving away (especially of perceived value by others) can be appreciated.

By your logic creature drops should be bound also; "levelers should level etc." Ridiculous? Yes, but so is bound PvP ladder prizes. The whole FS economy could collapse because of your envy or jealousy.

Hate the PvPer [censored], not the wonderful prizes the ladder indirectly provides.

As for the other argument, level without any gear and no buffs (other than your own). Ridiculous? Yes, so is the argument PvPers shouldn't use the best gear available. Please, walk in the other person's shoes before making such ridiculous comments.

Again, hate the PvPer [censored], not the wonderful prizes the ladder indirectly provides.

PS Those who know my posts know the word that was self-censored. So, my comments don't apply to current or former guildmates, Heroes for Hire, and/or FS friends.

#17 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:13

Working for something one can't use is of little value. Selling, trading, or giving away (especially of perceived value by others) can be appreciated.

By your logic creature drops should be bound also; "levelers should level etc." Ridiculous? Yes, but so is bound PvP ladder prizes. The whole FS economy could collapse because of your envy or jealousy.

Hate the PvPer [censored], not the wonderful prizes the ladder indirectly provides.

As for the other argument, level without any gear and no buffs (other than your own). Ridiculous? Yes, so is the argument PvPers shouldn't use the best gear available. Please, walk in the other person's shoes before making such ridiculous comments.

Again, hate the PvPer [censored], not the wonderful prizes the ladder indirectly provides.

PS Those who know my posts know the word that was self-censored. So, my comments don't apply to current or former guildmates, Heroes for Hire, and/or FS friends.

Interestingly enough, most Legendary and Elite drops are worthless. So who really cares if they're bound? I could probably count on my hands the amount of LE drops that are worth anything to ragequit over...

I dont get why you're telling me not to hate on the PvPers. I am a PvPer, and have been since I joined the game in '08. I just think that PvP rewards should be bound, and anybody who wants then should fight for them. It would prevent people from trading Ladder hits, farming Tokens, and profiting by the thousands.

#18 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 19:50

Interestingly enough, most Legendary and Elite drops are worthless. So who really cares if they're bound? I could probably count on my hands the amount of LE drops that are worth anything to ragequit over...

I dont get why you're telling me not to hate on the PvPers. I am a PvPer, and have been since I joined the game in '08. I just think that PvP rewards should be bound, and anybody who wants then should fight for them. It would prevent people from trading Ladder hits, farming Tokens, and profiting by the thousands.

A) It is: hate the PvPer ..., love the gear.

B) One could not get "thousands" unless gear is valuable.

C) A few years back levelers were complaining about needing new/better gear, this combined with cow desire to improve PvP got us (eventually) the PvP ladder. The bound solution destroys this paradigm.

D) Since the bound arguments strike me as ludicrous, I am left with one conclusion: me and/or my friends got ours so nobody else should get any.

#19 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 09 April 2013 - 20:48

*Bound* Would mean players would have to opt into the ladder and participate in the ladder, in order to obtain, potions etc. ( which has lacked activity for a LONG time now.)

More would pvp to obtain shiny stuff, and to fight against lots of other players as well. Imagine the fun with 10+ players in a ladder range? ( I remember the days, and it was a bloody mess, in a GOOD way)

#20 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 09 April 2013 - 21:06

If the cows wanna increase PvP in the game, then it makes sense for ladder items to be bound ... so that, if you want 'em, you have to participate on the ladder to get 'em.

BUT, given that the ladder is an opt-in, hits should not be bountyable.

So, either keep the system the same - unbound but bountyable or change it to bound and non-bountyable.

I think I know which option would get more players partaking in PvP :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: