73 replies to this topic

#21 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 21:19

Tiered reward? More people on the ladder, the bigger the reward? Or is it already that way? If you can survive that blood bath, you deserve a big reward

#22 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:09

So pretty much everyone gets the point I made it makes ZERO sense to bind items and just as bad a idea to bind SE gear, cave stuff, arenas or anything else,,,pvpers have been discriminated and segregated enough already!

It also makes no sense to reset tokens, people have worked for them. By this logic lets change the bounty system to new tickets and too bad for anyone who bought old ones.

New tokens for new gear is not a bad idea but with everything we ask the cows to get done right away id just be happy with new pvp gear and bound pots

And yes tho other places like arena and caves have pots that arent bound id hope if pvp ones were put in (and that arguement was done many a month ago and seemed like it was settled new gear unbound new pots are) they would be WORTH the tokens and bound meant for the creator to use for their own pvp needs.

Finally id like to touch on a part of this thread that a few comments were made about,,, think about the other players and not just what you want.
That includes the haters who cant bother to work as hard as the guy who is making money on gear wherever it comes from but can complain about the prices they sell it for. The secondary market where players can actually get something out of gear they farmed or just leveled out of is one of the best parts of FS, I have played many a place where you only pay them and never have any chance to resell the things you bought!!

#23 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:18

D) Since the bound arguments strike me as ludicrous, I am left with one conclusion: me and/or my friends got ours so nobody else should get any.

Had to add that that right there is 100% what its about, also that binding these items gives those who have them a monopoly on the ladder and its not going to encourage more pvp its going to encourage more complaints about it when those players who like to annoy the levelers take the new shiny stuff nobody else can earn or buy to steal from them.

#24 hmfic

hmfic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 14:14

So pretty much everyone gets the point I made it makes ZERO sense to bind items and just as bad a idea to bind SE gear, cave stuff, arenas or anything else,,,pvpers have been discriminated and segregated enough already!

It also makes no sense to reset tokens, people have worked for them. By this logic lets change the bounty system to new tickets and too bad for anyone who bought old ones.

New tokens for new gear is not a bad idea but with everything we ask the cows to get done right away id just be happy with new pvp gear and bound pots

And yes tho other places like arena and caves have pots that arent bound id hope if pvp ones were put in (and that arguement was done many a month ago and seemed like it was settled new gear unbound new pots are) they would be WORTH the tokens and bound meant for the creator to use for their own pvp needs.

Finally id like to touch on a part of this thread that a few comments were made about,,, think about the other players and not just what you want.
That includes the haters who cant bother to work as hard as the guy who is making money on gear wherever it comes from but can complain about the prices they sell it for. The secondary market where players can actually get something out of gear they farmed or just leveled out of is one of the best parts of FS, I have played many a place where you only pay them and never have any chance to resell the things you bought!!

of course you don't want tokens reset or items bound. You've been sitting on a basically dead ladder for how long collecting free tokens? hmmmm and its not just you but many others in different ranges....some ladders have had 2-3 people in em for over a year...they don't have to even hit to earn tokens. how have they "earned" anything.

As far as having an advantage by having actually EARNED bound items goes....Isn't that the point....you want to have something that you've earned be actually worth something vs being able to buy the same thing for 5-10 fsp.

ladder gear should've been bound from the start.

#25 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 20:00

I remain opted into the ladder because someone has to :)

And yes Ive confirmed it if nobody hits nobody wins, if you dont make at least one attack or are hit at least once you dont get tokens, everyone earned their tokens whether its one from the first day or one from last reset, its not the players fault it was segregated into a opt in contest that less than 1% of the players opt into!

Thanks for making a great point for me the participation is mediocre at best what could be done to increase that??? Hmmmm maybe rewards that they can get for themself and then sell some to help keep going?? Maybe some new gear and potions? It couldnt hurt.

#26 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 April 2013 - 20:17

I remain opted into the ladder because someone has to :)

And yes Ive confirmed it if nobody hits nobody wins, if you dont make at least one attack or are hit at least once you dont get tokens, everyone earned their tokens whether its one from the first day or one from last reset, its not the players fault it was segregated into a opt in contest that less than 1% of the players opt into!

Thanks for making a great point for me the participation is mediocre at best what could be done to increase that??? Hmmmm maybe rewards that they can get for themself and then sell some to help keep going?? Maybe some new gear and potions? It couldnt hurt.

People refuse to opt in to the Ladder, because they can just bypass all of the XP loss, and buy the gear from the people who HAVE earned them. Make EVERYTHING rewarded from Ladder bound, and force people to fight for their gear.

#27 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 20:29

It's a chicken and egg. To get the great gear, you need to win. To win arena, you need great gear. So if bound, the same folks will keep winning. And heaven forbid they level. Then throw the gear away and start over. Nice idea bro.

#28 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 April 2013 - 20:55

It's a chicken and egg. To get the great gear, you need to win. To win arena, you need great gear. So if bound, the same folks will keep winning. And heaven forbid they level. Then throw the gear away and start over. Nice idea bro.

The 'need' for great gear is situational, and not entirely true. I am not talking about Arena, though. We are trying to get more people PvPing, and Arena doesnt need ANOTHER nail in its already sinking coffin...

#29 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 10 April 2013 - 21:19

The arena is a heck of alot different then the ladder. So the * bound = same people winning all the time argument* can be thrown out the window. ;)

Composing ( when released) means gear can be recycled. Also, ladder tokens can be used to make potions, whether for pvp, gvg, leveling, titans, etc etc. If players truly see something and want to dabble in it, they will.

Players want bounties removed from the ladder ( actual pvp) , but don't want the items bound because it will ruin the *profit* margin. :lol:

#30 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 21:38

Who said new sets will be a win key ? Just a different variants... nothing harmful if they are going to be bound and it will just encourage players to play on ladder ..
more players on ladder means not same players win ;)

#31 hmfic

hmfic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 23:06

NO set in Fallensword is capable of being "unbeatable" with current buffs and enhancements. It might take some actual calculating of buffs and spending some fsp on potions/buffs/etc but isn't that what PvP is about?

#32 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 23:26

Wow. Ok. I stand corrected. Doggie pile on yotwehc. Teaches me to comment on something I know very little about but at least I learned.

#33 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 00:45

The topic has been around since ladder started, I have yet to see any reason that gear for pvp ladder should be bound but no other reward from any use of stam or coin in this game should not be also bound for the same reasons. ALL the same reasons!

It doesnt make sense.

What DOES make sense,,,,

Make the rest of the gear for the 2nd set of pvp reward resources! Almost half of the level ranges that got gear the first time were missed in the 2nd set of gear. At this point in the game I could see a 3rd set of resources created, gear for that or,,,

Potions, again to keep balance in all aspects of the game GvGs have RP items and buff packs (ok so they arent really something everyone want to use how they are) Caves have gear and pots and so does arenas. PvP pots in my humble opinion should not be bound, that said they should not be any better than stuff you can get other places, I could see someone use a 25 token egg to get a 10 FSP potion,,,why not????

BUT there have been compelling arguements to bind them and I have agreed to a point,, they must be worth the cost and the binding! They should be pvp designed (deflect 200 for 24 hours :D ) and theres one last issue. For some reason to continue the rant on segregation and disparity in the realms when a pvper is concerned,, whats up with level requirements?? We beat that dead horse the day after Ripple bought ALL the first run of recipes and became worthless to her till she makes the level the day after. Why has it been the only thing made that does this?? SE recipes dont have level requirements!

What this will do is once again make everyone want pvp gear, I was also ok with an idea put out once to make a "round 2" of tokens and new gear required new ones. Its really really not a bad idea in the FS of today!! The ladder needs a fix, I think the opt needs reconsidered but ill leave that for another thread. This one is at the place every other one has hit about it, the idea to bind pvp gear is bad but potions would be ok, maybe, maybe the cows are ready for a poll on it or maybe its just another of the hundreds of things we are asking them to do at once that we will see eventually :)

#34 hmfic

hmfic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 18:33

bump

#35 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 22:08

I dont get why you're telling me not to hate on the PvPers. I am a PvPer, and have been since I joined the game in '08. I just think that PvP rewards should be bound, and anybody who wants then should fight for them. It would prevent people from trading Ladder hits, farming Tokens, and profiting by the thousands.

Being something or a member does not prevent envy or jealousy. Example: the actor jealous of another actor because of top billing.

Bound would not make sense in hunting, why would it make sense in PvP?

+1, keep preaching FS cousin

of course you don't want tokens reset or items bound. You've been sitting on a basically dead ladder for how long collecting free tokens? hmmmm and its not just you but many others in different ranges....some ladders have had 2-3 people in em for over a year...they don't have to even hit to earn tokens. how have they "earned" anything.

Sitting at a level and PvPing is a Classic FS PvPing technique, no one should apologize for that!!! (imo)

NO set in Fallensword is capable of being "unbeatable" with current buffs and enhancements. It might take some actual calculating of buffs and spending some fsp on potions/buffs/etc but isn't that what PvP is about?

Then the buyers paying high prices got it wrong.

BUT there have been compelling arguements to bind them and I have agreed to a point,, they must be worth the cost and the binding! They should be pvp designed (deflect 200 for 24 hours :D ) and theres one last issue. For some reason to continue the rant on segregation and disparity in the realms when a pvper is concerned,, whats up with level requirements?? We beat that dead horse the day after Ripple bought ALL the first run of recipes and became worthless to her till she makes the level the day after. Why has it been the only thing made that does this?? SE recipes dont have level requirements!

:)

At least up to level 499, the PvPer should be able to use recipes for items that are 400 levels above the PvPers' level; at 500, 1000 levels above. The current limitation was because 600 level players were upset over paying a large amount to a level 48 player or some such thing. So lift the limitation!!! (at least a little)

My 2 cents.

#36 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 April 2013 - 23:05

I dont get why you're telling me not to hate on the PvPers. I am a PvPer, and have been since I joined the game in '08. I just think that PvP rewards should be bound, and anybody who wants then should fight for them. It would prevent people from trading Ladder hits, farming Tokens, and profiting by the thousands.

Being something or a member does not prevent envy or jealousy. Example: the actor jealous of another actor because of top billing.

My 2 cents.

Having unbound PvP rewards encourage buying, and fewer people would actually participate for the items. Why would they risk all those levels, and waste thousands of Stam to get these sets, when they can just drop 100-200 dots for it, or wait for the prices to crash.

Why does everything have to be unbound? People who participate for the gear will have the PVP advantage over others.

#37 Anemie

Anemie

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 16:19

Having unbound PvP rewards encourage buying, and fewer people would actually participate for the items. Why would they risk all those levels, and waste thousands of Stam to get these sets, when they can just drop 100-200 dots for it, or wait for the prices to crash.

Why does everything have to be unbound? People who participate for the gear will have the PVP advantage over others.

This!
If items(and potions) won on the ladder were bound-more people would have to participate in that part of the game,if they want them for themselves.

With new unbound items(and potions) we will have the same ladders won by the same people.
With bound items(and potions) we would surely see levelers,arena players(and others) trying to win the ladder(if the rewards were worth having).
A little change could be a positive thing for PvP(ladder one) in this game,it is almost dead anyway.

#38 dowuones

dowuones

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 17:34

Bound items only force players to play an aspect of the game they are not interested to play.
Its a game, everyone should play it in his own way, without being penalized for doing what he likes.
FS has many aspects, and its a game, its not a work.
Force players to do something they dont like, and they will go to serch sometthing else where they are not forced to do anything. Let them make what they like, and they will stay and have fun.

#39 LLAP

LLAP

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 17:55

Bound items only force players to play an aspect of the game they are not interested to play.
Its a game, everyone should play it in his own way, without being penalized for doing what he likes.
Force players to do something they dont like, and they will go to serch sometthing else where they are not forced to do anything. Let them make what they like, and they will stay and have fun.

No one will be forced to Compete in the ladder should they want any bound items or potions.
However, should they want these items they can personally and willingly, by no one else's accord, opt in and battle to the death. Well, I try to imagine my foes slain on the ground dead...

#40 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 April 2013 - 18:56

Bound Items force people to participate for items they are willing to USE. If they dont see something they like/want, then it wouldnt matter. I recently got a Deep Sea set from a guildmate, because I had no tokens, and didnt want to lose levels getting it. If they were bound, I'd have to get off my lazy butt, and work for it myself. I dont see how thats a bad thing...

If someone doesnt PvP, s/he shouldnt get the PvP rewards. Work for it, or gtfo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: