24 replies to this topic

#1 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 20:11

my eyes lit up when i seen the backpack flash sale then i remembered i cant buy anymore ...been mentioned before and as before there is no reason why this is one of the very few upgrades that should be unlimited so can we either get more upgrades or lift the limit please

#2 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 20:19

my eyes lit up when i seen the backpack flash sale then i remembered i cant buy anymore ...been mentioned before and as before there is no reason why this is one of the very few upgrades that should be unlimited so can we either get more upgrades or lift the limit please

Was just messaging someone pondering about why BP isn't unlimited. Got the fsps why not beable to use them on BP :P. Especially to do with scavenging...Can easily pull in over 20k+ items.

Edited by EpicPiety, 08 August 2016 - 20:19.

#3 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 21:36

Interesting point.

I haven't really thought about it, but hard to think of a reason against, unless it was to save those unfortunate souls from donating to players to avoid the higher cost Guild slots. 

HCS?

#4 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 03:48

Interesting point.

I haven't really thought about it, but hard to think of a reason against, unless it was to save those unfortunate souls from donating to players to avoid the higher cost Guild slots. 

HCS?

That is also a good point against the price on the Guild Slots, maybe it's time to consider lowering down the cost of those. To make Guils Store a normal thing to use instead of Guildmembers BPs.

#5 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 04:39

I agree with this post....

w6yRN_s-200x150.gif

#6 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 09 August 2016 - 06:45

That is also a good point against the price on the Guild Slots, maybe it's time to consider lowering down the cost of those. To make Guils Store a normal thing to use instead of Guildmembers BPs.

Do I agree with this ? - YES

Do I think it'll change ? - Sadly, NO

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#7 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 14:29

grim can you get hoof to look here please he has never had a issue with increasing bp space before

#8 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,813 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 August 2016 - 14:42

Hey.

We'll look at increasing the backpack slots in the future, sure.

~ Grim

#9 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 16:31

Hey.

We'll look at increasing the backpack slots in the future, sure.

~ Grim

Consider uncapping? Maybe hehe

#10 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,813 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 August 2016 - 16:43

Consider uncapping? Maybe hehe

Afraid not. We have our reasons for the cap. Sorry.

#11 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 18:05

Dang it's a darn shame when scavenging :\ thousands of items thrown away. Maybe if your BP's full and you scavenge extra items they go to mailbox for 48 hours?

Edited by EpicPiety, 09 August 2016 - 18:05.

#12 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 19:31

Dang it's a darn shame when scavenging :\ thousands of items thrown away. Maybe if your BP's full and you scavenge extra items they go to mailbox for 48 hours?

In my twisted mind, all of the above are related.

Despite my own personal bad experience with people trying to go cheap and use personal BP as GS spots, it does make sense to me that GS spots be more expensive. 

In a nutshell, Epic brings up the alternative expenditure, similarly dangerous, of buying AH slots for item salvaging. I don't agree with the auto though.

In any case, nice suggestion hades and thanks for responding BG.

Hope it gets done.

Prosperous smacking everybody! (o0

#13 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 23:13

In the past grim this has been quite fast at implementing so will that be the case here or will it sit for months on the back burner..i only ask because i have seen cow time and it is very very slow at times :)

#14 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 04:13

I think this reasonable enough, and an easy solution for those who do huge amount of scavengings.

-

Also, a little related to that, would be great if we could discard items directly from the mailbox, a small check box under each item and a "Discard selected items" button would do.

#15 PointyHair

PointyHair

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 09:38

It's quite likely that the reason for the limit is server load. The drop items page especially, in it's current incarnation, struggles badly with large BPs. Tangentially, the guild tagged items report and hence, recalling items from guild mates. The create auction pages are also effected.

In order to lift the limits HCS would have to write modern ajax interfaces with paging. Similar to the profile inventory and guild store (although, perhaps not keep the entire thing in memory). They're going to need this for the mobile app anyway right?

They know better than me, but I reckon players with large BPs are a minority and perhaps their effort is better expended elsewhere.

From a role play perspective, how many items can your realistically put in a backpack? Other games have a concept of stores/chests/lockers for excess items that you don't need to carry around with you all the time. Similar to the mailbox I guess. The mail box still suffers from the performance issues noted above though.

Edited by PointyHair, 17 August 2016 - 10:40.

#16 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 19:01

Quite a few people at this point have a max BP.

#17 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 01:16

You say quite a few. How many is a few? Is that the minority or the majority? I myself am not maxed out on backpack space. I wish I could get more, but in today's economy. Quite a few of us are broke. And I think that's the majority.

Oh would you look at that. The cap has been raised

#18 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 20 August 2016 - 01:42

Quite a few people at this point have a max BP.

I'd be surprised if it's more than 10, 20 max ?

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#19 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 02:55

I'd be surprised if it's more than 10, 20 max ?

I know of 20 in my guild alone 0.0.

#20 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 20 August 2016 - 05:34

I know of 20 in my guild alone 0.0.

I stand sit corrected...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: