46 replies to this topic

#21 GAGANB

GAGANB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Australia

Posted 06 October 2014 - 11:00

I apologise for not explaining the Crystal Levelling System very well. I was using the current stat bonuses from crystals as an example of what the system could do.

I have come up with some unique example, additional boosts to our player accounts. This idea has changed quite a bit since my first post about it, I hope this will be clearer. There is a possible balance issue with this, so keep that in mind when looking at the values.

So for the purposes of this post, I will be referring to the current crystal system as the "Combine Crystal System".

Combine Crystal System (current system)

Crystal in inventory >>> Combine crystals to Items/other crystals.

Crystal Levelling System (additional system)

Players can choose to absorb crystals into their character, gaining Crystal Experience, which will unlock additional bonuses to character account. The pin wheel image I am using is a collection of experience bars, for those who might have been confused.

Click images to enlarge.

crystalsystemrevampsmall.png

crystalsystemrevamp2small.png

Crafting Crystals

You can visit The Blind Seer and have him craft a crystal, so you can sell it on the market, or combine it with an item. This will reduce your crystal experience level based on what tier crystal you create, and what type (Lose Crystal Experience).

To complete this system, a player would have to absorb the equivalent of 5 Perfect Crystals of each crystal type. This will hopefully give this idea some longevity.

I hope I have explained my idea better this time. 

<3 GAGANB

Edited by GAGANB, 06 October 2014 - 11:24.

#22 UnicornBob

UnicornBob

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 06 October 2014 - 17:32

Glad you explained that better GAGANB, before it was so much writing it kept going over my head but after reading that I think it would be interesting to look into! However I'd say relook at what the crystals actually affect, a couple of those I didn't agree with.
Like HP re-gen, we don't have that so how can you add a % to it..
and Legacy expertise, I like the hospital and job idea but maybe something else instead of more inbox again.
And a lot of the %s are slightly high in my opinion.

The idea of more player training is nice though, and people wont cry because older people get some kind of advantage, although someone probably will because richer people have it easier xD

Edited by Robert, 06 October 2014 - 17:37.

#23 GAGANB

GAGANB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Australia

Posted 07 October 2014 - 01:52

Glad you explained that better GAGANB, before it was so much writing it kept going over my head but after reading that I think it would be interesting to look into! However I'd say relook at what the crystals actually affect, a couple of those I didn't agree with.
Like HP re-gen, we don't have that so how can you add a % to it..
and Legacy expertise, I like the hospital and job idea but maybe something else instead of more inbox again.
And a lot of the %s are slightly high in my opinion.

The idea of more player training is nice though, and people wont cry because older people get some kind of advantage, although someone probably will because richer people have it easier xD

My idea behind HP-Regen would probably be unbalanced, as it would be a percentage of your total HP, so if you have 200HP, and a +50% regen, you would gain 100HP on the tick. An if you had 500HP, and a +50% regen, you would gain 250HP on the tick.

With Legacy Expertise, I kind of ran out of ideas for the level 5. Do you have any suggestion as to what that could be? Maybe a 10% discount on buying Platinum from Legacy?

Haha yeah I am not sure what we can do about the rich players, but from a new player stand point, this would not be a disadvantage for them, apart from the obvious lack of credits.

Lowbies would be able to absorb crystals, though they would have to purchase them from the market.

#24 HappyDays

HappyDays

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 09:39

I go with stevens idea for new gear to get as alternatives to ventrix.

#25 Ayo

Ayo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 October 2014 - 10:17

to add someting, we should have Projectile weapon alternative for Ventrix drops aswell

#26 ItsMe

ItsMe

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 12:54

I vote for new warfare shop items!
We so need an alternative for ventrix drop items since not everyone are lucky to find couple of items or even one item. ..

#27 LegacyPie

LegacyPie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 21:15

I'm on board with the raids idea if you can get better equipment from doing it.

If not, upgraded WL shop wins in my eyes.

Edited by ChrisWins, 08 October 2014 - 21:17.

#28 UnicornBob

UnicornBob

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 09 October 2014 - 16:39

Warfare Enhancements (Original Post)
I'm not fond of the idea of a smaller Wasteland for non-avatars as it excludes almost the entire current player base. I'm not opposed to expanding the current Wasteland systems with more structures and such though.

Give beacons a purpose, dot a few around each map that can't be destroyed but only used by the controlling gang.
Phase Shifters might be used again then  :P

Any idea when we'll find out which one(s) are getting the go ahead?

Edited by Robert, 09 October 2014 - 16:40.

#29 Skorne

Skorne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 10 October 2014 - 04:56

Arena System (Original Post)

I like the idea behind this, like who can defeat the most waves of enemies. But I think these sort of concepts would be better incorporated in to the Raid System idea below.

Raid System (Original Post)

This idea needs some work but I really like it. I think players would form groups (the same way they do in Fallen Sword) and then fight enemies in an asynchronous fashion i.e You're in the fight whether you're online or not. This could also be combined with the arena idea, having the group confront enemies in waves and see how long they can last.

I'd like to see these 2 implemented.

The removal of Hospital closes wouldn't be a huge deal to me, but I'm quite happy for that to happen too. Can't be more than deleting a few lines of code, surely?

#30 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 23:18

Weapon drop rates are brutal.. Spent well over 1000 credits just trying to get myself some grenades(never got them). With PvP being the best way to level up what is the point of hunting NPCs if they just drop revives and health potions when you could just buy them cheaper.. The lack of weapon/armor/misc variety in the early levels is boring.. And it makes it tough hunting NPCs when their gear is way better than yours and you can't properly gear yourself up.

I'd suggest increasing drop rates for the early half of the game.. Or lowering the cost to hunt them.. Or both.. Decreasing the amount of time between hunting special NPCs would be another way to gear myself properly.

I know there are abilities to help hunting gear and lower the cost/time of hunting for it but ability training time is another thing I would like to see decreased.. Days and weeks of training to just gear myself to gear myself to efficiently hunt NPCs and players isn't fun.. It doesn't promote activity, its just promotes doing one thing and then forgetting about the game for awhile..

For this game to prosper its about getting players to avatar quickly and in the most fun possible.. Being handed gear every level or so isn't fun. Its not as interactive as hunting for your own gear.

Lower level equipment being bought with warfare points could be another way to get lower levels involved with the wasteland. which is a really enjoyable aspect of this game that really brings a new player into their gang..i

Edited by RebornJedi, 13 October 2014 - 13:47.

#31 MVP

MVP

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 12 October 2014 - 03:31

hospital revamp & warfare shop items.

#WeThePeople!

29p7ybq.jpg

#32 Steven

Steven

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 08:23

Weapon drop rates are brutal.. Spent well over 1000 credits just trying to get myself some grenades. With PvP being the best way to level up what is the point of hunting NPCs if they just drop revives and health potions when you could just buy them cheaper.. The lack of weapon/armor/misc variety in the early levels is boring.. And it makes it tough hunting NPCs when their gear is way better than yours and you can't properly gear yourself up.

I'd suggest increasing drop rates for the early half of the game.. Or lowering the cost to hunt them.. Or both.. Decreasing the amount of time between hunting special NPCs would be another way to gear myself properly.

I know there are abilities to help hunting gear and lower the cost/time of hunting for it but ability training time is another thing I would like to see decreased.. Days and weeks of training to just gear myself to gear myself to efficiently hunt NPCs and players isn't fun.. It doesn't promote activity, its just promotes doing one thing and then forgetting about the game for awhile..

For this game to prosper its about getting players to avatar quickly and in the most fun possible.. Being handed gear every level or so isn't fun. Its not as interactive as hunting for your own gear.

Lower level equipment being bought with warfare points could be another way to get lower levels involved with the wasteland. which is a really enjoyable aspect of this game that really brings a new player into their gang..i

Nice feedback. :)

#33 Steviepx

Steviepx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 23:27

I think a mobile app would be a big boost to the game and should be added within any update you have going

#34 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 22:35

A more friendly mobile/touch screen version of the game would be great for the growth of the game.. Just adding in the type of drop menus like when deciding how many jobs to do.. That style or a visually better one would be the best for navigating legacy with touch screen devices.

Hover over/right click features are a hassle without the ability to do so. Who knows what I am missing out on.. You have to hold the touch bringing up an interaction menu (open in new tab, copy address/image, save link, etc) then closing that so the menu appears..

Main issue is when navigating the top bar menus. Could get rid or give the setting to turn off the on click link for the six top menus.. Instead to make them just drop down to continue navigating.

#35 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 23:58

A side chat for gang chat would be an excellent feature..

#36 Nastasha

Nastasha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 18:44

This is a great idea! I tend to agree, low level gear options is low and boring. This would be a great incentive for lowbies to give WL more then just a try.

Less esthetics, more fixes!

#WeThePeople!

www.bit.ly/WTP-Roadmap

#37 CroFighter

CroFighter

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Croatia

Posted 17 October 2014 - 23:47

arena + raids.

and well since steven already has ready all the pic's for some new weaps and for the wl achievement's. maybe u could take a day just to implement those in, and not see it as a major update? :)

EDIT: FS's arena system is amazing. that and the bounty boards was actually the only things i liked there. :) 

Edited by DJBUBI, 17 October 2014 - 23:48.

28b79k6.gif

#38 BigDeek

BigDeek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 19 October 2014 - 07:59

I love the rouge idea. 

Edited by Zombie, 19 October 2014 - 08:00.

0c814f7d-2f77-4fd9-b8bf-d55182c0e10a.png

I play Legacy and Eldevin.  

My name on Eldevin is Decowski and my Legacy name is Decowski. :D

#39 Glacieus777

Glacieus777

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 19:05

If i had to choose between 3, it would be these.

Rogue Viability  :D 

Simply love the idea of making rogues into mercs. My only concerns are those voiced by Aaron. However, as this was a DtD topic that once never had hopes of surfacing, the pure excitement of this possibily being implemented has got me feeling like I could live with those consequences.

Warfare Enhancements :)

I'm not fond of the idea of a smaller Wasteland at all. In fact, I've been hoping for just the opposite, expanding wasteland by a few squares. Love the idea of more structures. I don't really see any downside to bigger maps with more objectives.

Warfare Shop Items :D

Need more items. Equipment would be amazing. Should crystals, credits, and tokens still need to take part in obtaining new equipment, perhaps Parts to certain equipment could be purchased via WFP from the Warfare Shop. Then, with said parts in your inventory you construct wanted equipment in the Offplane as usual. Avoiding any un-needed pain in the *** coding.

#40 HappyDays

HappyDays

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 11:04

Please, may we have plat removal for crystals soon :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: