Photo

New Titan Changes Proposal.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
929 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you like this idea? (408 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like this idea?

1. Voted Yes. (304 votes [64.00%])

Percentage of vote: 64.00%

2. Voted No. (171 votes [36.00%])

Percentage of vote: 36.00%

Vote

#41 Removed22342

Removed22342

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 14:20

Hi there everyone.

We have two new changes to propose to Titan Hunting.

1. Reduce the 3 second kill delay to 2.

2. If you have defeated a Titan, your Guild may not participate in the next two Titan Hunts. This would help open the Hunts up to all Guilds.

Let us know what you think of these ideas and please keep the thread civil.

~ Grim

#1 seems to be what most people want, but why not make it more attractive to hunt than to restrict people from hunting? I don't understand why someone being decent at a thing shouldn't be able to compete for the next one ... I don't like crippling parts of the game like this.

As PabloBison said, that smells like a quick fix for pleasing the crowd.

#42 fs_johnyvamp

fs_johnyvamp
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2010 - 14:21

Great changes tbh

#43 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 April 2010 - 14:22

The restriction for hunting titans would be all titans, not that particular one.

#44 fs_billy42789

fs_billy42789
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2010 - 14:23

Wow everyone is happy that they all now get a chance well if you really wanted a chance all you had to do was actually try and get players together and Titan hunt not stop FFS from winning. I think that it should go back to the way it was if you cant win. Then try harder. Duh

#45 fs_ithangor

fs_ithangor
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2010 - 14:24

The restriction for hunting titans would be all titans, not that particular one.

Can you explain to me why you are now going against what several of your staff have said about "not wanting to punish success"?

#46 Lekoaf

Lekoaf

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 14:25

Stop it with the kneejerk reactions and stop listening to the sore losers.

1, remove the delay all together.

2, so now FFS is gonna be punished for being more well organized then other guilds?

Are you saying that in this game you should strive to be mediocre, not the best?
Then I'll just stop playing right here and now.

EDIT: This is like telling a GvG guild "you have to lose 2 GvGs for every win you get".
Excellent plan...

#47 RJEM

RJEM

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 14:25

This suggestion is, in my eyes, ridiculous. It directly inhibits the play of a successful guild simply because other people don't like losing. Sure, reduce the delay. Artificially limiting participation when you have explicitly stated you would not do this in the past is awful.

#48 fs_knc

fs_knc
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2010 - 14:26

so then there is a possibility that a FFS member or two completing a quest will prevent the guild from hunting regular titans? ehhhh. i still like my delay idea better.

#49 fs_ilovecvc

fs_ilovecvc
  • Guests

I liked it when FFS won them all because my guild has only say 11 members and 4 of us Titan Hunt. We have had 2nd many of times and we do like 100 rp. You cant ban a guild from Titan Hunting because its taking the fun out of the game. They dont cheat and they aight stealing anything. They have size on their side. If 4 of my members can get 750+ kills can you imagine 126. Im level 183/188 and I get over 200 solo. So i know yall cant be changing the game to please people because then its unfair to the rest of the players>

#50 fs_dougmines

fs_dougmines
  • Guests

and still the whole thing amounts to banning people from hunts for being too successful, how is this not handing out win buttons????Simple enough question and worthy of a response from the admin

#51 fs_phyrstormz

fs_phyrstormz
  • Guests

eh... im not sure about #2... i would have thought the goal would be to revamp the system so other guilds could compete

this is just a fix to punish one particular guild

i just dont like the precedence that you guys are setting, that to much success gets punished

should venomsheru be limited to the amount of tournaments he can win a day ?
should Bleltch be limited from taking a certain more then a certain amount of bounties a day ?
Should FFS be limited to from gaining to much exp in a week, so they dont keep pulling away from others ?

i just dont like the concept HCS, i think it is a very very bad road to go down

there were other ideas that would have been equally as good.

#52 dowuones

dowuones

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 14:27

5 or 6 Top Titan hunters create a Guild...
They kill a Titan and get the Item...
They all leave the Guild and create a new one...

Wash, rinse, repeat...

This.

#53 Uncle Beg

Uncle Beg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 416 posts

It's not a fair rule.

#54 Bleltch

Bleltch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

2. If you have defeated a Titan, your Guild may not participate in the next two Titan Hunts. This would help open the Hunts up to all Guilds.

~ Grim

You may as well just give FFS every 3rd one and do away with them competing at all. If those are the only changes it's still just a bandaid, the same base faults will still be there, the big rich guilds will still have a HUGE advantage still.

#55 Removed19110

Removed19110

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 14:29

are you serious??? banning a guild from participation for being successful at it too often?? Then why can we not apply this same twisted logic to every other aspect of the game?If you are successful in winning 3 arena matches a week you are benched for the remainder of the week. and while we are at it, can we not possibly place a cap on how much a person charges for a potion or a buff???
Stamina is given and or paid for through fsp upgrades, how can it be justified in limiting us to x amount of hunts if our stamina would permit us to do so??This amounts to nothing short of giving the other guilds wins as the cannot get them of their own accord with competition being present

Dear doug.... FFS is not justr succesfull .... it owns 100% of a certain aspect of the game.... this doesnt occurs to arena so your metaphor is not succesfull... all you are saying is, '' Sorry guys, its not our fault you cant beat us''. and its not your fault indeed... its a design deficiency that allowed it to happen... in arena a level 25 noob with proper gear can beat Eaus... can you argue the same about a top 250 guild against FFS?

at the end of the day why should anyone be a fracker to have a chance to win?

#56 Removed19110

Removed19110

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 14:30

~ Grim

You may as well just give FFS every 3rd one and do away with them competing at all. If those are the only changes it's still just a bandaid, the same base faults will still be there, the big rich guilds will still have a HUGE advantage still.

+1

Yet this idea is better than the previous one..

#57 fs_redeemer1

fs_redeemer1
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2010 - 14:31

it's just a band-aid fix, to appease the masses :cry: and punish those who Excel at what they do,

it's sad that the game has come to this, it's like punishing the best soccer team, and benching all their elite players, telling them their to good, and need to give the other team a chance to win.

#58 Pablobison

Pablobison

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 14:31

it's just a band-aid fix, to appease the masses :cry: and punish those who Excel at what they do,

it's sad that the game has come to this, it's like punishing the best soccer team, and benching all their elite players, telling them their to good, and need to give the other team a chance to win.

Thats what Benitez is doing at Liverpool...

#59 Lekoaf

Lekoaf

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 14:32

This is like telling a GvG guild "you have to lose 2 GvGs for every win you get".
Excellent plan... not.

#60 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 22 April 2010 - 14:33

are you serious??? banning a guild from participation for being successful at it too often?? Then why can we not apply this same twisted logic to every other aspect of the game?If you are successful in winning 3 arena matches a week you are benched for the remainder of the week. and while we are at it, can we not possibly place a cap on how much a person charges for a potion or a buff???
Stamina is given and or paid for through fsp upgrades, how can it be justified in limiting us to x amount of hunts if our stamina would permit us to do so??This amounts to nothing short of giving the other guilds wins as the cannot get them of their own accord with competition being present

Dear doug.... FFS is not justr succesfull .... it owns 100% of a certain aspect of the game.... this doesnt occurs to arena so your metaphor is not succesfull... all you are saying is, '' Sorry guys, its not our fault you cant beat us''. and its not your fault indeed... its a design deficiency that allowed it to happen... in arena a level 25 noob with proper gear can beat Eaus... can you argue the same about a top 250 guild against FFS?

at the end of the day why should anyone be a fracker to have a chance to win?

Then should we also punish the top 10 of monthly levelers for buying FSP for stamina, or joining large guilds with 20% relic bonuses so they use less stamina.. maybe make it so they can only hunt one out of every three times they have max stamina..

It is true in the arena that a level 25 noob could win, but more by luck than anything else.. it's all about gear and set ups.. judges a lot of time make the calls where the top crystal arena people lose..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: