Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 July 2010 - 19:45

Hi all,

I've been reading over the feedback so far and here are my thoughts...

I think we should ditch the idea of the loyalty potion that protects from PvP. I wasn't overly sold on this idea in the first place to be honest.

Also I think there should be a minimum number of attacks on the bounty board - most likely 10, as this will help reduce any abuse of it for PvP Rating transfer in conjunction with the other suggestion change for only applying the transfer to the player that actually completes the bounty.

Please keep your feedback and suggestions coming. We are listening :)

- hoof

#2 fs_lonr

fs_lonr
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2010 - 19:47

Hoof can you please just confirm that a succesfull hit on the bounty board means you cannot be bountied back.

#3 Roan

Roan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,278 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 July 2010 - 19:48

In another PvP related thread this suggestion was made.

Make it so 100 stam minimum must be used in bounties.

That way for 1 hit bounties... it must be a 100 stam hit.

Firesinged_zpsd6b00c6e.png

#4 Roan

Roan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,278 posts
  • Badge

Hoof can you please just confirm that a succesfull hit on the bounty board means you cannot be bountied back.

I hope not because some mercs are hired for delevels... If they manage to hit us and not lose they should be safe? No...

#5 kingtyrin

kingtyrin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Hi all,

I've been reading over the feedback so far and here are my thoughts...

I think we should ditch the idea of the loyalty potion that protects from PvP. I wasn't overly sold on this idea in the first place to be honest.

Also I think there should be a minimum number of attacks on the bounty board - most likely 10, as this will help reduce any abuse of it for PvP Rating transfer in conjunction with the other suggestion change for only applying the transfer to the player that actually completes the bounty.

Please keep your feedback and suggestions coming. We are listening :)

- hoof

Yes you are listening,that post is the best proof I have ever seen of this :D

With that said, your still missing XP loss for attacking downwards or upwards. Make it fair.

#6 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 July 2010 - 19:49

In our proposed suggestions, you could still be bountied back, however players attempting the bounty would be limited to 10 stamina attacks.

Again this is only a suggestion :)

#7 Roan

Roan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,278 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 July 2010 - 19:50

Thanks hoof for taking off the loyalty pot option btw :)
I was really disappointed at first when I saw it... But now you make me happy :D

#8 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Are you kidding me? I've already been working on my “retirement speech” for 2 hours... :lol:

#9 Roan

Roan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,278 posts
  • Badge

In our proposed suggestions, you could still be bountied back, however players attempting the bounty would be limited to 10 stamina attacks.

I think that should work only if the person was doing ONLY 10 stamina hits...
Otherwise, mercs would once again be free of almost any delevels...

#10 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 July 2010 - 19:51

With that said, your still missing XP loss for attacking downwards or upwards. Make it fair.

I don't see an issue with implementing this, especially in the higher band of PvP when it goes to +/- 10 levels for the attack range.

#11 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 July 2010 - 19:51

Are you kidding me? I've already been working on my “retirement speech” for 2 hours... :lol:

:lol:

#12 Roan

Roan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,278 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 July 2010 - 19:52

I don't see an issue with implementing this, especially in the higher band of PvP when it goes to +/- 10 levels for the attack range.

Great to hear hoof :) The thing is when you got attacked by someone under your lvl you are losing some XP.
BUt when you attack back, the other doesn't. Pretty unfair and it was taking off the purpose of hitting back.

#13 fs_lonr

fs_lonr
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2010 - 19:53

Sorry for sounding soft :). But does this mean you can whack someone on the bounty board for 100 stam to take wotever and all that can happen to you is a bounty back for 10 stam hits?

#14 kingtyrin

kingtyrin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 19:55

But hoof, the trouble with this is people who delevel intentionally should be subject to the same treatment, no? What if when only ten stamina is used to clear you on the BB, then your counter bounty cannot be more then 10 stam clear, but if someone uses 100 stam to delevel you, then they should be subject to the full treatment? Does this not make sense? I mean, I think the counter bounty system as it is works fine, but if you really want to change it, I believe that would be much more viable

in fear I put that to confusingly I quote-

Sorry for sounding soft :). But does this mean you can whack someone on the bounty board for 100 stam to take wotever and all that can happen to you is a bounty back for 10 stam hits?

Basically, my suggestion is, if they use 100 stam on you on the BB, then they should be subject to 100 stam when you counter. If they use 10 stam to clear you, then they can only counter for ten stam.

#15 abhorrence

abhorrence

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 20:01

Can you explain the genesis of this proposal?

I attack someone with 10 stam
They in turn can remove 5 levels from me
My only option is to then place 10 stam bounties on them?
So any hit how ever minimal should have a possible punishment of 5 levels but the response to this is a meager bounty, or to have 100 friends all 10 stam that person?

Where is the equity in that?

#16 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

But I still think the FSH auto-gold search is too much. It might be okay if, like other FSH functions, it was time-limited, perhaps to 1 refresh per minute.

I've never liked FSH (it's automation imo), as strange it might sound I am all for forbidding "the FSH auto-gold search" :wink:

#17 Ryebred

Ryebred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

ROFLMAO : ) I'm glad your listening Hoof

#18 Bleltch

Bleltch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 20:02

Yes on no potions.

Yes on 10 kill bounties only.

No on pvp rating being earned by hunters, unless it is severely nerfed the number of points transferred during bounties.

What happened to the idea of changing to a "gain" based point system?

#19 Ryebred

Ryebred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 20:02

But I still think the FSH auto-gold search is too much. It might be okay if, like other FSH functions, it was time-limited, perhaps to 1 refresh per minute.

I've never liked FSH (it's automation imo), as strange it might sound I am all for forbidding "the FSH auto-gold search" :wink:

I think it has everyone on their toes too much now... finding gold targets (actually holding) was easier before it

#20 kingtyrin

kingtyrin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 20:09

What happened to the idea of changing to a "gain" based point system?

It would be my assumption by the way Hoof is talking of them that all the suggestions except the opt out potion-opt out thus far are still on the table, and rather then rehashing them once again like on thread 2, he is simply adding to the list on this one :) I hope

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: