BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 26 March 2014 - 22:14

About the Game

An old saying I grew up with in the service. "It is fine to complain about things, as long as you provide feedback and or thoughts and ideas on how to improve it, make it better, or benefit the group as a whole"

I've run out of Likes today, but excellent post - read the full on page 4. 

#82 Kbyte

Kbyte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 22:20

At least they could indeed. And get into a guild war which the player that did the deed didn't want to do. Your saying the current way is better? Really?

Sure it's exploitable but that's a hard exploit. If a guild will go to that extreme, good for them! Being able to do it with a handful of players is a much worse exploit IMHO.

So if it's normal for 10 stam clears not to be bountied then you don't mind the rule right? It just reinforced this honor code right?

I'm only taking in consideration all the possibilities that I've found on this possible change, and not saying I prefer this or that (Just trying to find exploits that can happen with those changes to advice what could happen if those possible chances be made in the game)

But about the 10 stam clear it's just an suggestion if there really be implemented an way to an bount hunter to be unboutable (that could be the case). and 100 stm hits on bb still bountable (so there won't be any easily gained free pvp smasher medals)

As I can see pvping in general is the big issue here on this forum thread. Everybody that wrote on this thread by now agrees with hcs developing an way to stop the cheating on titan hunting.

Edited by Kbyte, 26 March 2014 - 23:39.

#83 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 22:23

You still remembering that y0da's case everytime?
We explained the reason was not only the bounty about to expire, but the trash talk. Happened only one time, and we had 2 bounties on him, and done a delevel only on one, the second one was not even placed.
-
The answer for that kind of (as you say) "abuse" is to make impossible to place a bounty on the B Hunter?
How anyone will be placed on BB at first place? Only for those who do gold hits?
GvG = not bountyable
BB hits = ?not bountyable?
Ladder hits = ?not bountyable?

That will make the BB completelly DEAD.

As opposed to the lively BB we have now?

#84 thisple

thisple

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 March 2014 - 22:26

Love that you'll cut down on the titan cheaters again. Nothing in this game frustrates me more than showing up to a titan with 3 (or more) of my friends and having a single cheater secure it ahead of us.

I like that Ladder hits are not eligible for a bounty.

I think bounties should expire. Just take it from 48 hours to 168 hours (one week).

I don't like how all bounty hits would no longer be eligible for retaliation. There should be a risk and a reward to bounty hunting. That risk being the possibility of being bountied. I would be willing to entertain the idea of 10 stam hits not being eligible, but no way can you convince me that 10 100 stam hits are not bountiable.

just my $0.02

#85 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 22:28

Is there a secret place where unwritten FS rules are published? The Bounty Board Respect/Honour Code and recommended etiquette when playing it seem to have passed me by. tongue.png

Cheers.

wil72

#86 Tharsonius

Tharsonius

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 22:51

To make sure that NO ladder hit and NO bounty hit can be (counter-)bountied is a bad idea. As someone else noted in this thread (forgot the name) that means that essentially no PvP smasher medal hit can be bountied.

What might be possible is to exclude SOME ladder and bounty hits.

My suggestion:

1) A bounty hunter that clears (wins) a bounty with 10 stam hits might be excluded. All other should not be excluded, e.g. because they started late without a chance, or because they quit halfway through the bounty hunt, or because they dealt an excessive(?) damage.

2) A PvP ladder hit on equal grounds (roughly the same PvP rating, e.g. +/- 100?) might be excluded (although I'm not in favor of that). But if a player with a PvP rating of, say, 1200 continues to hit a player with rating 800 at 100 stam although this does not make much difference for the ladder (farming for the smasher medal?), in this case the player that is hit should be entitled to place a bounty. I wouldn't do so (why opt in if I can't accept taking the damage?).

Thus, there are few bounty and ladder hits that, in my opinion, might be excluded, but to categorically exclude all of them, independent of the circumstances, is probably a mistake. We need MORE bounties, if we want to revive the bounty board, not less bounties ...

Edited by Tharsonius, 26 March 2014 - 23:14.

#87 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 22:57

Its kind of too late in terms of the titan hunting issue though. Massive profits have already been earned unfairly with scripts. Rectifying that would be a nice sign by the cows (adding better security is a start). although not sure how you would go about that.

Too late to redress the wrongs done, yes. Not too late to try to make it fair going forward. That would be enough for me. I'd enjoy titan hunting again.

yghorbb - the BB is dead currently. Can't get much deader. Been dead for ages too. 3 active bounties as I type. It seems that some sort of wider risk (the risk of change) needs to be embraced to breathe life back into the board, or accept its moribund state.

I think the BB and the bounty the BH issue needs its own thread, and some solid moderation to keep it on track. I liked some of rebornjedi's ideas, but wonder how much man-power/man hours HCS have to dedicate to this, so ultra detailed or prolonged commitment solutions are going to be hard to implement and maintain. Hence the suggestion of a one off rules change as a conversation starter by BG. The rule gets changed, and done, no extra work. Got to look for solutions that can work as elegantly, but please more of us.

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#88 lapdragon

lapdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 23:39

HELLOO....

Nice on TITAN script crack down...

NO ladder hits shud be able to be bountied..you OPT in... for a hit an hour...way it works...deal...dont bounty. 

Bounty board stays the same....but back when smasher was for all those in your PVP range..the board was alive...hell i took up many a spot on there....would be nice to go back to those in your range...

but a 10 stam clearing bounty hunter being counter bountied is just not good sportsmanship...no code of honor...but it is the risk we take...and who doesnt love a party on someone?? LOL...and to join in ...you run risk of being bountied...makes if FUN!!  my few cents worth...thank you

#89 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 March 2014 - 23:45

1) I agree with the titan hunting issue and think it is great you're working to catch those who are scripting to gain an unfair advantage. I think it would have been better to keep this under wraps (that way it's much easier to catch players). Still, +1 on this.

Now I'd like to throw my two cents (unfortunately not worth $30 and change) on taking a look into the other items and how they affect the game.

2) One half of this - making bounty's unable to expire, I agree with. I think it's stupid that they should have in the first place -- it created more of a deterrent of using the BB for many players as there would be the stray chance a player would get off unharmed for a PVP attack of any time. 

As for the making PVP-ladder hits non-bounty-able, I'm on the fence. On one side, I understand that you opt into the PVP ladder, and it's a mini game in its own where dominance usually comes down to who is on the most, buffed the best and has a decent knowledge of sets. I never really saw it being a big problem where pvp ladder hits are bountied, but I know of a few players in certain ranges that do so. Onto the other aspect - I don't see this change being a "magical" cure that will cause everyone to opt in. I actually believe it will cause even less activity within the ladder. There is now the ability for players to work with one another to drive any competition out of the ladders by working together and non-stop hitting players until they opt-out. Putting a half-ripped band-aid on a wound that needs stitches is what this suggestion feels like. I say fix the idea of the PVP ladder altogether rather than worrying about making ladder hits non-bounty-able.

3) Making bounty hunters, whether with 10 stam clears or 100 stam clears, unable to be bountied is not helpful to the game either. I find it to be a pretty self-policing policy as is. Most bounty hunters understand the risk they take whenever they accept a bounty. If they are bountied for a "soft-clear" aka 10-stam clears, then the next time the player shows up on the board, they'll make sure to throw some 100s. Remove the ability for board hits to expire, it removes the problems that have been showing up recently in the forums where people were being bountied for clears close to expiration. 

The root of the problem behind the bounty board is the lack of activity. There needs to be a little more incentive behind PVP'ing and bountying those PVP hits. Once that happens, the bounty board will pick up again, and if that happens, new players will possibly explore the idea of PVP by clearing those bounties.

Overall, outside of the titan fix and making bounties not allowed to expire, I believe the suggestions put forth are detrimental to the game and will cause it to take another step back after taking a few steps forward.

#90 DaleJunior

DaleJunior

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 23:54

I'm not a real big participant in the bounty board, though have done a bit recently.  Regarding hits on the bounty board not being bountyable, I'd go for this ONLY if it applied to someone who starts and finishes a bounty, perhaps even finishes a bounty with 10 stam hits only.  Otherwise, as has already been demonstrated, where is the punishment aspect during guild wars and the like.  Unless you want to live in a land of everlasting peace and tranquility.....

Oh, one more thing, if you are going to remove the expiration limit from bounties please extend the time that we have to PLACE a bounty.  Sometimes there are legitimate reasons a person is away from the game more than 48 hours. Thank you. 

Edited by DaleJunior, 26 March 2014 - 23:55.

#91 rikk1

rikk1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 23:56

Leefylee said: "should always be able to bounty a bounty hunter, ottherwise they will just start smashing the board with no come backs.. most people on the BB will only return bounty a 100stam clear any way. ive never bountied someone who clears me with 10 stam hits."

Well, Leefy, I can name you 10 people who have posted me on the BB for clearing them with 10 stam hits, and those ten are just starters of the list of those who have (I keep a list).  Thank you Cows. Maybe now I will stop twiddling my thumbs and work on my Ruby.  And... maybe someone will feel the need to revive the the HBH organization. 

#92 Tharsonius

Tharsonius

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 00:00

Another consideration: one of the reasons the BB is dead may also be the fact that the gold that we carry around has become more or less worthless ... when you could have 1 FSP for 20-30k (years ago),  getting 150k from a PvP attack was worth the risk of being bountied. But today?

The bounty board needs MORE bounties, not less bounties ... the only way I see is to motivate people to start dealing hits outside the BB and the ladder ... (where most hits aren't bountied anyway).

The proposed change to exclude bounty hits and make sure they cannot be bountied may attract new bounty hunters, but what purpose serve more bounty hunters if there will be even less bounties? None, I would guess.

#93 Rek

Rek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 00:31

Oh boy. I'm going to get hit on this one:

I completely agree with this new bounty board aspect!

I have a few ideas on it though.

This is just brainstorming, but I think with the knowledge that you all have at HCS you could allocate everything properly.

Make it so that it shows if it was a 10 stamina, or 100 stamina attack on the player that bountied, so that the bounty hunter knows, it's always nice so that you can hit the player accordingly. Just a suggestion. hehe.

And finally! I found it odd that a bounty hunter could get bountied for clearing/smashing a player on the BB.

Just didn't make sense, even 10 stams often times get counter bountied, just didn't seem right, so happy to see this added for sure! :D

Thank you HCS for your constant adding to the game!

Was thinking maybe you guys could do a bit of advertising to bring the game back to life a bit! 

Big sexy Sig by the one, the only, the marvelous, Beanopoly

#94 onray24

onray24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 March 2014 - 00:34

wow that's great i get there gold maybe take a lev  and they don't get to bounty back might make more sense to limit counter bounty's to the amount of stam you use to finish the bounty

Edited by onray24, 27 March 2014 - 00:36.

#95 Rek

Rek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 00:35

You can only Counter bounty once per 10 hits on a bounty in the first place Onray24

Big sexy Sig by the one, the only, the marvelous, Beanopoly

#96 CountFxUup

CountFxUup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 00:44

Why cant HCS add another tab to the attack player menu and make player duels? Players select their target select how many hits will win the duel and send the invite. I like this idea as everyone knows you never ever get one on one fights guilds always jump in and delevel to the full extent its impossible to solo battle this could settle alot of beefs people have. And make a nice safe way to PvP there could be no bounty doing this only another duel challenge issued but allow xp loss or some way of letting people know that person got beat in a duel maybe have it flash in world chat "XXXXX just got served the "D" by XXXXX". And make it to were you can challenge anyone regardless of level or guild meaning you can challenge guild mates. Give the winner points towards a rank or medal something to think about.

#97 KingHomer

KingHomer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 00:47

Love the titan hunting efforts. It's very discouraging when I know I have a decent connection and others are seemingly everywhere.

Ladder hits should be not be bounty-able. You signed up for PvP, so deal with it. I've had some rough 24-48 hours periods on the ladder, as I am not a PvP-er at heart, but good grief I signed up for the risk on purpose. No one 100-stamming me every hour made me check that little box.

I'm okay with bounties not expiring, it seems the impact would be low as how many really expire?

I am not familiar with bounty xp math, as in how many 10-stam hits it would take to delevel someone 5, but it seems anyone attempting to 10-stam clear a bounty should be safe. The wars are not fought with 10-stam hits. Maybe all the 10-stam attempts have to be within one hour of starting to be safe so you can't do a half clear on purpose? Tough to put conditions on it.

#98 Elincia

Elincia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 00:47

How about get rid of pvp, and mean it sucks to get hit while you are hunting, many players just quit the game because they are being constantly hit. Let people just play the game in peace.

#99 Melissa3

Melissa3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 01:08

The bounty board is the place that someone can be punished for attacking another player.  Pvpers are aware of the risks when they choose to attack another player.  Why give them the right to bounty someone who has taken their bounty?  I have never agreed with that.  The person who has been placed on the bounty board is there to receive punishment for their attack on another player.  

Bounty hunters are doing a job that is assisting the community.  I agree that they should not be punished for doing that job by being bountied, no matter whether they use 10 stam or 100 stam hits.  

And i agree that bounties should not expire.  An attacked player looses in the initial hit and then looses more when they place the bounty , at least after paying for that bounty they will know that the player who attacked them will eventually suffer some consequences.

I think these changes will open up the bounty board to many more players and totally agree with these 2 changes.

#100 vikingv

vikingv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 01:15

I oppose the Bounty Board changes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size: