#1 Zshmaendal

Zshmaendal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:18

I posted this awhile ago, but since the camera wasn't fixed, it wasn't a big issue, as WASD was really difficult to play with before.

Now the camera is fixed. Good work!

1) I like to use WASD to move, and then 1, ..., 8 and SHIFT + Q, ..., Z to cast spells. The issue is when I try to use SHIFT plus a movement key (say, A). While the spell does indeed cast, the movement key still picks up, even while SHIFT is being held down. This should be set so that holding a modifier key (in this case, SHIFT) negates the movemnt of movement keys, when they are pressed.

2) Using right click to move the camera + WASD doesn't always work well. Sometimes the mouse appears or flickers on the screen, sometimes it moves around in a funky way. When right clicking the screen, the cursor should stay in the same spot (but disappear), while the camera moves. This makes for smoother WASD movement.

3) I prefer to use right click to turn the camera (and thus my character), and use WASD to strafe. An option to do this would be great! (In other words, when you use S now, the character just runs towards the camera. Same with A and D towards the sides).

Guild Founder of The Golden Horde

Zshmaendal - Level 45 Prophet | Superfluous - Level 35 Warrior | Ulysses - Level 13 Ranger

Louis - Level 8 Warrior | Ephemeral - Level 12 Assassin | Connotation - Level 8 Mage

Crystal Cutting - 9 | Fishing - 10 | Forestry - 10 | Skinning - 8 | Farming - 19 | Foraging - 28 | Prospecting - 16

Alchemy - 36 | Cooking - 11 | Leatherworking - 4 | Weaponsmithing - 5 | Armorsmithing - 7 | Jewelry - 6 | Tailoring - 16

#2 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:09

3) I prefer to use right click to turn the camera (and thus my character), and use WASD to strafe. An option to do this would be great! (In other words, when you use S now, the character just runs towards the camera. Same with A and D towards the sides).

possible future.

and jumping also.

Still thinking about new signature

previously:

youtube channel! >> Xpwaste Eldevin 

twitch stream!   >> Xpwaste_Eldevin

PVP is what i like. make it worthwhile!

#3 The420Cat

The420Cat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 05:26

I would also like to be able to strafe using A and D instead of turning, that would make navigating amidst a fight much more immersive and visually appealing. I don't mind not being able to jump. If they aren't already, the guys behinds the scenes could make acrobatic feats like that of Runescape's in which you don't manully commit the feat instead an animation happens of you committing the feat whatever it may be.

#4 livingtarget

livingtarget

Senior Programmer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 November 2014 - 18:33

1) I like to use WASD to move, and then 1, ..., 8 and SHIFT + Q, ..., Z to cast spells. The issue is when I try to use SHIFT plus a movement key (say, A). While the spell does indeed cast, the movement key still picks up, even while SHIFT is being held down. This should be set so that holding a modifier key (in this case, SHIFT) negates the movemnt of movement keys, when they are pressed.

It's been on my list like so many issues, but it will be fixed in the next update 

2) Using right click to move the camera + WASD doesn't always work well. Sometimes the mouse appears or flickers on the screen, sometimes it moves around in a funky way. When right clicking the screen, the cursor should stay in the same spot (but disappear), while the camera moves. This makes for smoother WASD movement.

urn the camera (and thus my character), and use WASD to strafe. An option to do this would be great! (In other words, when you use S now, the character just runs towards the camera. Same with A and D towards the sides).

I've fixed an issue with this if you use the Newt renderer, I would recommend switching to that in the future when the next update goes live if you aren't using that yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: