#21 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 April 2015 - 18:39

US server only, and intermittent.  A code debugger's nightmare.

• KeS likes this

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#22 theGraves

theGraves

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 June 2015 - 21:19

I just ran it today with another guy who was having the same issue... both on US and EU.  turns out, you have to stand EXACTLY in the right spot.  if you click on the quests green lettering in the bottom left of your screen while you have it active, it tells you how many yards to go.  If you stand in the exact right spot then it will activate to the next part of the quest.

#23 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 June 2015 - 22:04

I just ran it today with another guy who was having the same issue... both on US and EU.  turns out, you have to stand EXACTLY in the right spot.  if you click on the quests green lettering in the bottom left of your screen while you have it active, it tells you how many yards to go.  If you stand in the exact right spot then it will activate to the next part of the quest.

That wouldn't surprise me considering the US had it share of issues; thanks for the heads up

The world is cruel...as will I....

#24 Cygnus

Cygnus

Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 June 2015 - 15:37

The Young Archaeologist has a surprising amount of code for a single npc which added to the challenge in pinning down these bugs. I eventually managed to get issues similar to those reported. The bugs seem to stem from legacy code when the npc leaves certain areas that's messing up the quest stage progress. This logic will get removed/replaced.

On top of this the range for the "You've lost the Young Archaeologist" check is going to be doubled and a right click "Follow" option has been added to him.

Fixes should be in the next update.

• KeS likes this

#25 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 June 2015 - 17:57

The Young Archaeologist has a surprising amount of code for a single npc which added to the challenge in pinning down these bugs. I eventually managed to get issues similar to those reported. The bugs seem to stem from legacy code when the npc leaves certain areas that's messing up the quest stage progress. This logic will get removed/replaced.

On top of this the range for the "You've lost the Young Archaeologist" check is going to be doubled and a right click "Follow" option has been added to him.

Fixes should be in the next update.

Greatly appreciate this bug fix

The world is cruel...as will I....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: