• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Falbal

Falbal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 20:32

When cutting down trees, I am always short of sap compared do the number of logs I get. Can't we have the amount of sap match the logs more closely? With crystal cutting, there is no problem getting enough crystal powder to the crystals I collect, I get plenty more than I need. It would be nice if it was the same with sap.

#2 AwiesGoesRawr

AwiesGoesRawr

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 20:56

I like that there's at least tiny differences between the skills. Small things do matter:)...

No thanks.

Eldevin Steam-generation.

8080c8f99f8fda986f422fda15784e4b.gif

#3 Fizban

Fizban

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 April 2015 - 21:45

do daily forestry quests, you'll soon have a glut of sap ;)

I can tolerate ignorance, but i cannot stand stupidity

the past can't be altered, the future can't be controlled, live for the here and now

#4 Falbal

Falbal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 21:56

do daily forestry quests, you'll soon have a glut of sap ;)

Those 30 logs don't make much of a difference when I have several hundred extra I can just throw away.

I still suggest balancing it better, so we get the sap we need for the logs we collect.

#5 Fizban

Fizban

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 April 2015 - 22:03

Those 30 logs don't make much of a difference when I have several hundred extra I can just throw away.

I still suggest balancing it better, so we get the sap we need for the logs we collect.

i usually D&D the extra sap, will hold it in future for you, free of charge ofc :)

I can tolerate ignorance, but i cannot stand stupidity

the past can't be altered, the future can't be controlled, live for the here and now

#6 Kendiosa

Kendiosa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 09:43

I've got hundreds of extra sap falbal. Hop over to terra later today and give me a shout.

#7 Falbal

Falbal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 14:55

Thanks for the offers, but this is not about finding someone with leftover sap at this moment. I need the sap whenever I am cutting down logs, and I don't intend to seek out people every time I need some. I would like to get it from the trees I cut down.

#8 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 April 2015 - 11:16

Never worked that way, and I doubt it ever will.  It's the same with Crystal Cutting, you never get enough powder (or did they change the drop rate?  You said you're getting enough, that never happened for me until I reached cap).  And skinning never gives enough skins, you'll always end up going for rats or sheep for more.

Or how about mining?  You never get coal to drop, you have to mine that separately.  As with cloth, have to shear the sheep.

I love the idea that the skills are different.  If you want to take advantage of the secondary process, you need to get the mats.  If you got all your sap (or powder or skins) up front, it would be no different then foraging, except for getting a secondary process to level more quickly.

And the shortage of some mats helps create an ongoing market.  (BTW, I'll be needing coal, more coal, and wool when I get back to the game.)

I vote to leave it alone.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#9 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 April 2015 - 11:53

I thought they changed this.......also, you can use loyality points to get sap.....

The world is cruel...as will I....

#10 Falbal

Falbal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 14:09

It's the same with Crystal Cutting, you never get enough powder (or did they change the drop rate?  You said you're getting enough, that never happened for me until I reached cap).

I always get more crystal powder than I need. I don't know if this was changed at some point.

#11 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 April 2015 - 14:33

I always get more crystal powder than I need. I don't know if this was changed at some point.

that was also apart of the changes......hmm.....

The world is cruel...as will I....

#12 Steve1973

Steve1973

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 20:01

Going only by a log to sap ratio, I agree there wouldn't be enough sap for lower level players, likewise with crystals to powder ratio.

But, if you take into account dailies as you level up, where certain quests require only logs, you find you will end up with more sap than you need. I have quite alot of smuggled stacks of sap spare due to dailies.

If the log to sap ratio was spot on from the start, there would be a player posting on here complaining about there being too much sap. No matter what HCS do there will always be someone who isn't happy with the set up and wants it changing for them at that moment in time, even though, as the player proceeds through the game he/she finds out the game didnt need changing after all.

When in doubt. Blame lag ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: